Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,905 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? (34442 Views)

Four Brilliant Nigerian Girls Win 2015 Global Technovation Challenge / What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student / Girl With Nine A1s In WASSCE: She Is So Brilliant Her Teachers Feared Her Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
walnut?! :oHaba cheesy cheesy cheesy
polz:
Guy e no even follow 4 secondary skul sef_
E get 1 babe 4 my skul dat year, she no dey comot glass 4 her face... She even dey use am run 4 inter-house sport grin

But her brain... undecided
Na walnut dey inside
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by DonaldGenes(m): 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
Andrew3: lol. see my profile picture grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by justi4jesu(f): 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
Yazmin: Scientifically, people with high I.Q literally have the brains boiling due to so much metabollic work used in thinking.
Thus the vapour from the boiling brain is either released through the eyes, skin or ears.
These vapour causes mist in the eyes, which hampers their clear sight and thus a need for glasses to correct enable proper sight.
In other climes, the effect on the ears and skin could be corrected through the use of 'beats by dre' special enhancers or petroleum jelly by unilever....
If at this point you are still reading my comment.....you need Jesus in your life!!!!!!

Team 2019....peace grin!!!!!!

Chaiiii you got me seriously i need Jesus....You need to see the way i was focused reading your joke....lol
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
pikin dey worry you.

I have never used glass before even when I dey hammer first position..
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Beesluv: 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
Maybe we strain their eyes often
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by money121(m): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
gift01: You can't be brilliant and have good eyes. One must give way

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by vicot(m): 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Andrew3: lol. see my profile picture grin grin grin
ape
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by wolexy2020(m): 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez: Hahahaha Please.... I've been using glasses since I was 13yrs old and Im not brilliant... I hate Maths.... anything maths gives me instant headache...... But Im very street smart and intelligent.... Yes...brilliance is different from intelligence...

The glasses sef dey make people think say I be Mumu lol
Same here oh ... it kills me when they think am a mugu ..a bad sharp nigga like me that grew up in the street... grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by polz(m): 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
90% of d ppl view dis post aint using glasses!!!
Does dat imply we r all... undecided

Come 2 fink of it, it appears d whole world iz viewing diz thread nw shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by yinkarh187(m): 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez: Hahahaha Please.... I've been using glasses since I was 13yrs old and Im not brilliant... I hate Maths.... anything maths gives me instant headache...... But Im very street smart and intelligent.... Yes...brilliance is different from intelligence...

The glasses sef dey make people think say I be Mumu lol
lol same here...nd dat is always my hitpoint...they'll think u are their maga whereas dey are ur maga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
Actually there is a faint correlation between short-sightedness and higher intelligence, whereby several propositions have been given on the link, but no one is certain yet. Read it on Wikipedia
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by justi4jesu(f): 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
gift01: You can't be brilliant and have good eyes. One must give way

I'm an Exception.....Beat that tongue
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by msmon(m): 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
butanep: Am from UNIBEN

I was having a doubt about the correlation btw glasses and brilliance until I realise ur from UNiBen and I can say categorically that majority of the literates in Benin or Edo state in general (either brilliant or not) uses glasses.
I meet a number of them during my service year. Infact, I served in a school very close to your main campus in Ugbowo.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by kayzdekor(m): 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Well...I can say there brain is made of glass...This has been begging for answers, why do most brilliant people use glasses. In school, all the guy that use glasses in my department are intellgent. They are among those that top the department.

Even when you are putting on glasses, people just conclude you are intelligent. Why is it so and what is really special about glasses that make most guys that use it become academic scholars....[/quote]
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by lexrichy(m): 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
Using glasses increases your iq
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
to me , their brains are so big it pushes their eyes out of there skull, so they use glasses to push them in or make their eyes look normal grin #Jusayin #afternoonmadness
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by DonDiego(m): 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
[quote author=rman]There is no correlation between brilliancy and bad eye sight.
Nothing wey man no go read for dis NL. Guys, abeg this post is really for smart, brilliant types. No vex.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by InvertedHammer: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
/
You are going to school with two eyes...

And they came with four eyes.

The power in numbers...4 vs. 2. Democracy!!!

How do you expect to beat that?

\
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
na d state of d nation na...

dem don burn candle for note to read, y dia eyes no go spoil
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by chinedujazzy(m): 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
The answers are so clear...Wearing glasses doesn't mean ur brilliant,there are very brilliant students who don't use glasses,and those who use it do so to correct eye defects,or as sun shade.Glasses don't suggest that the person is brilliant.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by ifoundmyperfect: 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
imagine one wit an eye defect viewing in 1D and being forced strain the eyez and mind to view/capture in 2D like his normal mates...
when we eventually get an enhancer (glasses), we get to see in 4D, coz we have been forced to push our limits... grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Richy4(m): 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
They are using eye glasses because they do not want to use contact lenses. It has nothing to do with how brainy one was
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by justitiaomnibus(m): 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hehehe.. Awon oloju igo.
The man who doesn't use glasses see's a lota distractions.. The one who uses glases see's less distractions.
The man who see's less distractions concentrates and reads more, the man who see's a lot of distractions lacks concentration and reads less.

Have you also noticed that many of those who use glasses are fanatical or conservative born again christians? While those who don't use glases are liberal and progressive born again christians?

Lafs.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by susanbussy(f): 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
Good question!
I guess too much IQ = poor vision grin
funny though..... meaning you cant have it all....
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by otobomax(m): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
butanep: This has been begging for answers, why do most brilliant people use glasses. In school, all the guy that use glasses in my department are intellgent. They are among those that top the department.

Even when you are putting on glasses, people just conclude you are intelligent. Why is it so and what is really special about glasses that make most guys that use it become academic scholars....
It has being a norm that most gurus tend to use glasses not only that , dos also with eye defect n maybe trying to adapt with not using glasses I av alot as friends . It's just normal I think it's rare for u to see someone using glasses without being smart,brilliant or intelligent. Godgbenro did u agree grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Saheed9: 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
Yazmin: Scientifically, people with high I.Q literally have the brains boiling due to so much metabollic work used in thinking.
Thus the vapour from the boiling brain is either released through the eyes, skin or ears.
These vapour causes mist in the eyes, which hampers their clear sight and thus a need for glasses to correct enable proper sight.
In other climes, the effect on the ears and skin could be corrected through the use of 'beats by dre' special enhancers or petroleum jelly by unilever....
If at this point you are still reading my comment.....you need Jesus in your life!!!!!!

haba brain dey boil!
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
red101: Because they spend a lot of time reading. many avid readers develop myopia or nearsightedness.
It's not a bad thing to read books, it makes you smarter, but make sure you do so under appropriate conditions. Make sure the area is well lit, put the book at an appropriate distance from your eyes and make sure the print is large enough that you don't have to strain your eyes. Take breaks every 20 min from reading and make sure to blink multiple times per minute.
Spend time looking at far away objects to train your eyes. because if you read too much or concentrate on seeing things that are close to your face, you might gradually lose the ability to see far away objects clearly (aka nearsightedness).
eat lots of carrots and vegetables that contain vitamin a. they're good for the eyes.
Same advice goes for those who spend a lot of time staring at the computer screen.

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by sunnedee: 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
iheanyi40: This thread is jst baseless iknw gals wey no sabi anytin yet de wear glasses 24/7

1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by falansa: 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ymodulus... abeg reply to dis o. the guy is very intelligent from what I learnt abt him so far, is dat y he uses glass too?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by stanisbaratheon: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
butanep: This has been begging for answers, why do most brilliant people use glasses. In school, all the guy that use glasses in my department are intellgent. They are among those that top the department.

Even when you are putting on glasses, people just conclude you are intelligent. Why is it so and what is really special about glasses that make most guys that use it become academic scholars....

they must be using those glasses to see the supernatural
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Suarezilla(m): 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
That is a fat lie..I used to have that believe until I met Obinna (my coursemate) in skul. Tot he was so brilliant and so I formed an alliance with him. B4 exam he displayed some stunts and I tot he was just as brilliant as I tot because he wore glasses...after 1st year result came out,I was shocked at his result..infact he spent an extra year in skul because of his poor performance....That was when I knew that wearing of glasses does not mean one is brilliant. It simply means such a pason has eyes related problems!
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by stanisbaratheon: 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2014

bia ogbeni you well at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Download Over 836 NOUN Exam Past Questions - All For Free / Angela Sughnen Who Got Expelled In 400 Level For Exam Misconduct, Bags 1st Class / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.