Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,758 members, 7,955,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:49 PM

Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? (34439 Views)

Four Brilliant Nigerian Girls Win 2015 Global Technovation Challenge / What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student / Girl With Nine A1s In WASSCE: She Is So Brilliant Her Teachers Feared Her Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by butanep(m): 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
msmon:

I was having a doubt about the correlation btw glasses and brilliance until I realise ur from UNiBen and I can say categorically that majority of the literates in Benin or Edo state in general (either brilliant or not) uses glasses.
I meet a number of them during my service year. Infact, I served in a school very close to your main campus in Ugbowo.
its almost a general phenomenon
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by butanep(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Chi59:
Same with me.
my glasses is part of my selling point... So many ladies ve admire me just because of the cute way the glasses is on me... N am they know what I ve upstairs
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by DaBullIT(m): 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
Book worms reading books from introduction to prefix since 1808 and from 4AM till 330AM next day Why eyes no go spoil ? grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Spidermon: 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
Dr2great: REVEALED: I did a private investigation. linda ikeji's blog earn 3 million naira every month, while seun's nairaland earn 27 million naira every month.

E be like say u don lost.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Spidermon: 8:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
Our president dey use glasses but .............so.............

N.B: If you use glasses but you no get sense, abeg go buy contact lens.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
ketoprofen:

u described me.
Seems u are a medical personnel
Are you intelligent?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by ketoprofen(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
fruqsy:
Are you intelligent?
lolz
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
gift01: You can't be brilliant and have good eyes. One must give way

undecided So which one are you?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by TrYcIa1(f): 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hmmmm,am not brilliant d way pple think wen eva dey see me with ma glasses but one thing is sure....am very smart.I only use mine cus of how I feel,if d pain comes eh,I just feel like running mad.Glasses sef is anoda headache on it own
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Suresh08: 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Johniky19(m): 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
red101: Because they spend a lot of time reading. many avid readers develop myopia or nearsightedness.
It's not a bad thing to read books, it makes you smarter, but make sure you do so under appropriate conditions. Make sure the area is well lit, put the book at an appropriate distance from your eyes and make sure the print is large enough that you don't have to strain your eyes. Take breaks every 20 min from reading and make sure to blink multiple times per minute.
Spend time looking at far away objects to train your eyes. because if you read too much or concentrate on seeing things that are close to your face, you might gradually lose the ability to see far away objects clearly (aka nearsightedness).
eat lots of carrots and vegetables that contain vitamin a. they're good for the eyes.
Same advice goes for those who spend a lot of time staring at the computer screen.

I belive this your advice goes to me because I always be on the computer screen all the time. Thanks for that.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Johniky19(m): 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
red101: Because they spend a lot of time reading. many avid readers develop myopia or nearsightedness.
It's not a bad thing to read books, it makes you smarter, but make sure you do so under appropriate conditions. Make sure the area is well lit, put the book at an appropriate distance from your eyes and make sure the print is large enough that you don't have to strain your eyes. Take breaks every 20 min from reading and make sure to blink multiple times per minute.
Spend time looking at far away objects to train your eyes. because if you read too much or concentrate on seeing things that are close to your face, you might gradually lose the ability to see far away objects clearly (aka nearsightedness).
eat lots of carrots and vegetables that contain vitamin a. they're good for the eyes.
Same advice goes for those who spend a lot of time staring at the computer screen.

I belive this your advice goes to me because I always be on the computer screen all the time. Thanks for that.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by enomakos(m): 9:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
all albino use glasses

how many na professor?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by sambisa5: 9:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ruq: Yeah it always seem so, till I met a dumbfuck who used glasses.

abi oooo.....i had a classmate....she uses glasses,,but wasn't brillant
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by eduxerxes: 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
I'v been using lenses since my secondary school days AND I know I'm very brilliant. One day, I was passing thru a Police Headquarters in Owerri and one dude stopped me and begged me to help him write an application letter for intake into the NPF. I did helped him and as I was doing so, almost all the applicants were busy copying the letter i was writing for this guy.

BUT what baffled me most was the fact that I was just walking across the main road past the Police HQ. And this guy was frantically waving @ me to stop and listen 2 him. (I wasn't the only person walking past that area at that moment ooooh)

CONCLUSION: guys who wear glasses are seen as brilliant dudes and are easily spotted from the crowd!!!
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by falansa: 10:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ymodulus:

I don't get you bro
I mean you too dey use glass na and you are among the few intelects I've seen on NL. lolz
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by docsholz(m): 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
I don't wear glasses and I know book pass anything, infact most of d top students in my class aren't on glasses.

If you're wearing glasses u have an eye problem.PERIOD
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Bifwoli: 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
Glasses I don't think so.However, I see most brilliant ladies wear short and uncomplicated hair.

Former S.African 1st lady Graca machel
Ugandan 1st lady.
Rwandan 1st lady
Kenyan 1st lady
Actress Lupita Nyong'o
Actress Halle Berry
Xerox CEO,Ursula Burns
model Alek Wek.
Baroness Valerie Amos
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by sthemanuhel: 12:16am On Sep 18, 2014
actually asked a friends of mine this question weeks ago, cos we now c it as a tradition in this country by judging pipu dat wear glasses as brilliant ones,whereas we av those dat wear for fashion, we alsoav hypocratic averaged students that wear them claiming to av sometin up dere.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by abdulwastecx(m): 12:18am On Sep 18, 2014
gift01: You can't be brilliant and have good eyes. One must give way

Bleep that analogy... the dumest people I have come across use glasses why the smartest don't use.

generalization is bad, some exceptional people uses glasses to correct eyes defect which may be through hereditary, heating habit etc
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Spidermon: 4:15am On Sep 18, 2014
TrYcIa1: Hmmmm,am not brilliant d way pple think wen eva dey see me with ma glasses but one thing is sure....am very smart.I only use mine cus of how I feel,if d pain comes eh,I just feel like running mad.Glasses sef is anoda headache on it own

Anytime u forget your glasses, just have ropes nearby and have people on standby so they can tie u incase you feel like running mad
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by STENON(f): 5:48am On Sep 18, 2014
I
dnt really believe in this Topic......
I do read alot... and My Results and Performances are very owkay.
I dnt really Fancy any Extra attachment on my Body (e.g. Glasses) while
Reading, Because it will always distract my attention and I wont have a
Settled mind for my reading.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by eyan1: 6:21am On Sep 18, 2014
using recomended glasses has nothing whatsoever to do with inteligence and brilliance...
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by TrYcIa1(f): 6:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Spidermon:

Anytime u forget your glasses, just have ropes nearby and have people on standby so they can tie u incase you feel like running mad
Ok
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by delishpot: 7:47am On Sep 18, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Check dp na grin

Ha ha ha! You norgo kii person o. Which one be you? The one eye or the two eye one? Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:56am On Sep 18, 2014
delishpot:

Ha ha ha! You norgo kii person o. Which one be you? The one eye or the two eye one? Lol.

Lol
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by KENFERDYOORI(m): 8:14am On Sep 18, 2014
Lilimax: It may be hereditary or as a result of health issues that made them use glasses and
not necessarily because they are brilliant.
I've seen some confirmed 'olodo lapata' that wears thick concave glasses embarassed

THOUGH PEOPLE SAY AM BRILLIANT BUT I OFTEN USE GLASS WHEN AM ON TRANSIT OR WHEN FACING THE PUBLIC AS A DEFENCE MECHANISM.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by austine4real(m): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2014
butanep: you re taking it personal... Or are you on of the artificial type?
are u bak?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Tamerlane: 10:04am On Sep 18, 2014
Its just a stereotype, back in the day only bookish people would have invested in glasses and readers/scholars often had bad vision from reading in dim candle light, so glasses have become associated with studiousness

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 18, 2014
butanep: This has been begging for answers, why do most brilliant people use glasses. In school, all the guy that use glasses in my department are intellgent. They are among those that top the department.

Even when you are putting on glasses, people just conclude you are intelligent. Why is it so and what is really special about glasses that make most guys that use it become academic scholars....
And yet u go begging for arms and armunition. Intelligence my foot!
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by DSuperWoman(f): 11:13am On Sep 18, 2014
And for those always on nairaland, reading. I bet all nairalanders use glasses or will soon start using lolz

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Shinery0123(m): 11:15am On Sep 18, 2014
DollyParton1: Probably its just assumption. Glasses makes one look/seem/appear book smart. People just conclude based on appearance.
Have been using glasses since I was 12 years old and I was always embarrassed when people conclude am an efiko because i use glasses when I was just an average student.
Exactly what I'm facing in school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Download Over 836 NOUN Exam Past Questions - All For Free / Covenant University To Build School Of Law & Medicine With N6 Billion - Oyedepo / What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.