Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,659 members, 7,827,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? (34312 Views)

Four Brilliant Nigerian Girls Win 2015 Global Technovation Challenge / What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student / Girl With Nine A1s In WASSCE: She Is So Brilliant Her Teachers Feared Her Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
It means people see me as brilliant.
Hehe.
Just kidding.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by presiade(m): 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
It takes an intelligent person to identify another. No wonder why most Nigerian lecturers cannot identify talents/ potentials in their students; Soyinka was not intelligent/ brilliant to his Nigerian lecturers because he was not using glasses as a student. grin
If you are associating intelligence with the mere use of spectacles, I guess you are as gaga as a Man Under Mental Undulation. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
red101: Because they spend a lot of time reading. many avid readers develop myopia or nearsightedness.
It's not a bad thing to read books, it makes you smarter, but make sure you do so under appropriate conditions. Make sure the area is well lit, put the book at an appropriate distance from your eyes and make sure the print is large enough that you don't have to strain your eyes. Take breaks every 20 min from reading and make sure to blink multiple times per minute.
Spend time looking at far away objects to train your eyes. because if you read too much or concentrate on seeing things that are close to your face, you might gradually lose the ability to see far away objects clearly (aka nearsightedness).
eat lots of carrots and vegetables that contain vitamin a. they're good for the eyes.
Same advice goes for those who spend a lot of time staring at the computer screen.

Omg this is me and my bf! Yes!

Sidenote:
The topic isn't why are people who wear glasses smart, but why do many smart people wear glasses.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
My Coursemate once asked me to remove my glasses as it makes me look Serious n makes Her uneasy looking at me during conversations! grin grin grin

@Op. Seriously days true. Check out these list of glasses Users
1.Sanusi

2.Okojo Iweala

3.The Late Dora Akunyili

4.Wole Soyinka

5.Onyebuchi Chukwu

6.Akinwumi Adesina

7.Bill Gates e t c. Big Brains, Eggheads,

Although Barrack Obama defiled the Odd.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by neighbourhud: 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
gift01: You can't be brilliant and have good eyes. One must give way
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
Yazmin: Scientifically, people with high I.Q literally have the brains boiling due to so much metabollic work used in thinking.
Thus the vapour from the boiling brain is either released through the eyes, skin or ears.
These vapour causes mist in the eyes, which hampers their clear sight and thus a need for glasses to correct enable proper sight.
In other climes, the effect on the ears and skin could be corrected through the use of 'beats by dre' special enhancers or petroleum jelly by unilever....
If at this point you are still reading my comment.....you need Jesus in your life!!!!!!

Team 2019....peace grin!!!!!!

I was getting angry reading the stuffs about vapour from brain emitting and affecting the eyes wondering what I was gonna call you till I got to the end... grin grin....

Well done,this is why I love nairaland.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Deepfreezer(m): 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
we read a lot. and it starts from childhood.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by fidzy(m): 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
Just the thought of this makes me laugh sha.....

So Obansanjo get high IQ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by severee(m): 3:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
butanep: This has been begging for answers, why do most brilliant people use glasses. In school, all the guy that use glasses in my department are intellgent. They are among those that top the department.

Even when you are putting on glasses, people just conclude you are intelligent. Why is it so and what is really special about glasses that make most guys that use it become academic scholars....

But I don't use glasses
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by nickz(m): 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
i had to increase the size of my glasses(to make it appear more like
sunglasses) last year cause one chick told me i looked like a dummy! angry
i went through sec. school without usin' glasses tho
so i strained my eyes a lot.......
what i hate most about all this shiiiiit is people calling me "FOUR
EYES"
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by jauntty: 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Interesting topic.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Wisdytech(m): 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
TOO MUCH EXPOSURE TO LIGHT RAYS (WHEN READING).
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by reubenemavwoya(m): 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
Na. Wa una no go kill person
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by majalisa(m): 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
Andrew3: lol. see my profile picture grin grin grin
u r staring into oblivion almost as if u r in a trance...r u OK
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
becos they can't see grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Youngzedd(m): 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
Adjusting my glasses. cool
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Gynacologist(m): 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Yazmin: Scientifically, people with high I.Q literally have the brains boiling due to so much metabollic work used in thinking.
Thus the vapour from the boiling brain is either released through the eyes, skin or ears.
These vapour causes mist in the eyes, which hampers their clear sight and thus a need for glasses to correct enable proper sight.
In other climes, the effect on the ears and skin could be corrected through the use of 'beats by dre' special enhancers or petroleum jelly by unilever....
If at this point you are still reading my comment.....you need Jesus in your life!!!!!!

u is a one sick puppy.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by chiebuka600(m): 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
Not Again!! Fans Slam Beyonce for Photoshopping her Thigh (Photos)

Beyonce has suffered regarding this issue. Once again, she was under attck from fans after they alleged she photoshopped her thigh gap.
They say the distortion of her thigh is so visible in the pic shows it was worked on...A few read..
-Why the hell is Beyonce photoshopping in a thigh gap?’

Read more & See full photos here: http://www..com/2014/09/photos-fans-angry-with-beyonce-for_17.html

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
nickz:
i had to increase the size of my glasses(to make it appear more like
sunglasses) last year cause one chick told me i looked like a dummy! angry
i went through sec. school without usin' glasses tho
so i strained my eyes a lot.......
what i hate most about all this shiiiiit is people calling me "FOUR
EYES"

When you use Designer frames, no one dare call you dummy...... I use a RayB...... 25k no be beans.... lol
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Gynacologist(m): 3:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lilimax: It may be hereditary or as a result of health issues that made them use glasses and
not necessarily because they are brilliant.
I've seen some confirmed 'olodo lapata' that wears thick concave glasses embarassed
tell em.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Godfullsam(m): 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
Truth is, most of these guys and ladies you see on glass are not as brilliant as you thing. Most of them as dumb ass grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Mosescology: 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
Many pple use glasses for many reasons but mind you is never hereditary
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by HARDDON: 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
either by error of omission or commission, they wear concave blades, it ain't got nothing to do with brilliance.

bliv me
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by LordReed(m): 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
butanep: This has been begging for answers, why do most brilliant people use glasses. In school, all the guy that use glasses in my department are intellgent. They are among those that top the department.

Even when you are putting on glasses, people just conclude you are intelligent. Why is it so and what is really special about glasses that make most guys that use it become academic scholars....

This is somewhat a fallacy. In my experience from primary school to university only two people I know from the top scorers amongst my school mates ever used glasses and that was one in primary school another in university.

Most young glass users are results of eye defects rather any sort of bookish frenzy.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Youngsage: 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hmmn... Interesting!
This has always got me wondering too... Most students who use glasses are often regarded as the 'efikos', which turns out to be true, in most cases... cheesy #teamnerdy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
They tend to study so hard and end up straining their eyes. The glasses they wear are to correct their eye sights
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by koife(m): 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ur assertion is only an hypothetical statement...it has no experimental base nor emperical inference as such, fallacious!
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by jauntty: 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2014

This guy is sooooo funny...I laughed at his comments so loud that my colleagues had to come n read it too. Some pple will actually believe that.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by UniqueGem(m): 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
I use glasses but i don't go out with them, only my parents, siblings and close frnds know this. Though recently i got another one and i asked the optician to help me change the frame to a fanciful one so when i wear them outside people tink it's swaggger. If u see my bible eeh; EXTRA GAINT PRINT. Becos if i try looking at the screen where bible passages are projected in church, na so water go flow for my eyes.
THOUGH; the use of bible av been abused by some morons out there.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
their eye never tear......so they try to protect it as much as possible
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by MrHighSea: 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
Its lyk askin Otueke (my landlord pkin) if glasses meks him brilliant? He'll say, i do less work wit my hand n alot of thinking wit my brain (touches dickk).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student / Newborn Baby Dumped Inside Dustbin In Oko Poly Female Hostel (Graphic Photos) / ABSU Lecturer Proposes To Student In Lecture Hall On Valentine's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.