Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? (34311 Views)

Four Brilliant Nigerian Girls Win 2015 Global Technovation Challenge / What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student / Girl With Nine A1s In WASSCE: She Is So Brilliant Her Teachers Feared Her Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

I'm literally blind without mine, the only time it's off my face is when Im taking my bath and sleeping.... when I started using it back then in secondary school, I was a laughing stock..But me being me na,I no send anybody papa o,it has so blended with me now that I look ridiculous without it lol...it's my selling point. grin
Same with me.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
Chi59:
Same with me.

Your profile pics says otherwise undecided....... grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by moshoodn(m): 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
The OP is almost on point.

Thank God that I don't wear glasses. I'd be exposed to the world at first glance as a guru.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by fadjnr(m): 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Too much reading I guess.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by LivingSoul34: 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
I know many block heads with glasses as well as many brilliant individuals that don't use glass... My point is that using glass has nothing to do with IQ. For every brilliant individual using glass there are at least five that have never used it...
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by fadjnr(m): 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Yazmin: Scientifically, people with high I.Q literally have the brains boiling due to so much metabollic work used in thinking.
Thus the vapour from the boiling brain is either released through the eyes, skin or ears.
These vapour causes mist in the eyes, which hampers their clear sight and thus a need for glasses to correct enable proper sight.
In other climes, the effect on the ears and skin could be corrected through the use of 'beats by dre' special enhancers or petroleum jelly by unilever....
If at this point you are still reading my comment.....you need Jesus in your life!!!!!!

Team 2019....peace grin!!!!!!

Chai. I swear u be proper ozwo gringringrin. Was wondering who is this guru.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Your profile pics says otherwise undecided....... grin
Yea, cos i detest taking pics with my eyeglasses.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
Chi59:
Yea, cos i detest taking pics with my eyeglasses.

On the contrary,I detest taking pics without my glasses.... it's part of me grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by jhidey08(m): 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
red101: Because they spend a lot of time reading. many avid readers develop myopia or nearsightedness.
It's not a bad thing to read books, it makes you smarter, but make sure you do so under appropriate conditions. Make sure the area is well lit, put the book at an appropriate distance from your eyes and make sure the print is large enough that you don't have to strain your eyes. Take breaks every 20 min from reading and make sure to blink multiple times per minute.
Spend time looking at far away objects to train your eyes. because if you read too much or concentrate on seeing things that are close to your face, you might gradually lose the ability to see far away objects clearly (aka nearsightedness).
eat lots of carrots and vegetables that contain vitamin a. they're good for the eyes.
Same advice goes for those who spend a lot of time staring at the computer screen. Well, maybe I'm among d ones dis rule doesn't apply 2. I started using glasses in pri 3, I hardly read books bt I'm among d top 3 in ma dpt, wot do u av 2 say abt dis?

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by hardbody: 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
rman: There is no correlation between brilliancy and bad eye sight.

Are we now concluding bad eye sight from old age makes those ones brilliant in old age too?

I can make the same argument for bad eye sight and poor academic performance because for every brilliant kid in glasses there is one with glasses that is poor. You all just choose to ignore those ones for sensationalism.

I use glasses and i am smart. Even third parties admit to that fact. Any explanations? I don't have and i don't care. QED.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by rman: 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
hardbody:

I use glasses and i am smart. Even third parties admit to that fact. Any explanations? I don't have and i don't care. QED.

That means your brain function is tied to your glasses. Poor boy!
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by hardbody: 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
rman:

That means your brain function is tied to your glasses. Poor boy!

You are right on that point. What further issues do you have?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Jason2014(m): 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
butanep: this is serious. Where did you get this?

I'm sure he uses glasses.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by charijee(f): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

I'm literally blind without mine, the only time it's off my face is when Im taking my bath and sleeping.... when I started using it back then in secondary school, I was a laughing stock..But me being me na,I no send anybody papa o,it has so blended with me now that I look ridiculous without it lol...it's my selling point. grin
"it's my selling point"........for your mind o
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
charijee: "it's my selling point"........for your mind o

Lol yeye somebody....like say you no LIke am grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by charijee(f): 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Lol yeye somebody....like say you no LIke am grin
see my baby feeling like a celeb with his glasses on.....lol.....
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
charijee: see my baby feeling like a celeb with his glasses on.....lol.....

And this right here is the only opinion that counts!! grin.....the rest...... Hogwash!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
hmmm. nice
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by iheanyi40(m): 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
Elkristo: them plenty nah, dem de form intelligence but them be ishi aki.
m telling yu
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by frank043(m): 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
I use glasses,I was born left-handed and I was among the top three in my class back then in the university. I think I'm quite normal. My parents use glasses,two of my younger brothers use glasses,I don't think there is anything spectacular about using glasses. I have seen people that are not too brilliant and intelligent use glasses. Mine is because of the poor sight I inherited from my folks,and not that I'm too smart or smarter than others. To cut the storey short,the use of glasses is simply cos of BAD sight,whatever be the cause. Case closed!
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by iheanyi40(m): 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
okenwa101: CONFIRMED BROS U GET AM ALL NA FORMING, BRILLIANT MY YANSHHHHHHHHHHHH
ur head dey game broda
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by UniqueGem(m): 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
jauntty: what's was the refractive error : myopia, hyperopia or Astigmatism.
Myopia
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JerryJJZ(m): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
When I was in secondary school, I use candle and lantern to read everynight,,, its now I realize the repercaution of using naked lights,,, without consultin prophet, i know I will end up using glasses coz i hav started seeing signs, dat means I wl also top my department, lolz,,,,,,
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Oahray: 6:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
It's an illusion. Wearing medicated glasses only highlights the eyes in a bookish way, so we conclude thus.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Bode2: 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
darlingnuel: My analysis:
60‰ of ppl that use eye glasses are brilliant, owing to the fact dt (routine) reading culture coupled with poor habits damaged dr eyes. We all know dt most intelligent ppl are avid book readers.
30% are largely due to congenital eye defects. This proportion may also include the intelligent or otherwise
10‰ that use it do so for aesthetic purposes, they may not necessarily be intelligent ppl. Conclusively, most (young) eyeglass users are intelligent people!
You must be a very good student of philosophy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by 2scorehigh(m): 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
I like the phrase "most brilliant..." but even at that, I think the OP still generalized on that postulation.

I think some people wear the glasses to look smart but from experience I know that the hood does not make a monk.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by nickz(m): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

thats the spirit brov!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by eluquenson(m): 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
It's a true fact but not all, I uses glasses & brilliant as well.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Olusanya333(m): 7:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
FYI@OP I'm brilliant and i don't use Glass,one day i wan use am na Eyesache i get.Bad market for brilliant people. My mum use glass but she no brilliant even grandma dey use glasses
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Olusanya333(m): 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
frank043: I use glasses,I was born left-handed and I was among the top three in my class back then in the university. I think I'm quite normal. My parents use glasses,two of my younger brothers use glasses,I don't think there is anything spectacular about using glasses. I have seen people that are not too brilliant and intelligent use glasses. Mine is because of the poor sight I inherited from my folks,and not that I'm too smart or smarter than others. To cut the storey short,the use of glasses is simply cos of BAD sight,whatever be the cause. Case closed!
Court!!!
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by jvera(f): 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
wen i ws a kid da ws wen i do tink da way bt no longer cos i kno sum1 da uses glasses bt nt brilliant ie nt all r brilliant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student / Newborn Baby Dumped Inside Dustbin In Oko Poly Female Hostel (Graphic Photos) / ABSU Lecturer Proposes To Student In Lecture Hall On Valentine's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.