Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? (34307 Views)

Four Brilliant Nigerian Girls Win 2015 Global Technovation Challenge / What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student / Girl With Nine A1s In WASSCE: She Is So Brilliant Her Teachers Feared Her Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Jinyjagz(m): 10:36am On Sep 17, 2014
most of dem Na wash ooo
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by darlingnuel(m): 10:51am On Sep 17, 2014
My analysis:
60‰ of ppl that use eye glasses are brilliant, owing to the fact dt (routine) reading culture coupled with poor habits damaged dr eyes. We all know dt most intelligent ppl are avid book readers.
30% are largely due to congenital eye defects. This proportion may also include the intelligent or otherwise
10‰ that use it do so for aesthetic purposes, they may not necessarily be intelligent ppl. Conclusively, most (young) eyeglass users are intelligent people!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by experimentist: 10:53am On Sep 17, 2014
tellwisdom: You are a very foolish boi...I don't use glasses but L.V sunshades sad
grin kolo boy
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by nisholanoah: 11:32am On Sep 17, 2014
i think you re right buh not all, i make use of glasses too, mine is caused by my reading even aftr i finish schooling i still make use of glasses because of my job i make use of laptop in my office everyday, cos of the reflection...
red101: Because they spend a lot of time reading. many avid readers develop myopia or nearsightedness.
It's not a bad thing to read books, it makes you smarter, but make sure you do so under appropriate conditions. Make sure the area is well lit, put the book at an appropriate distance from your eyes and make sure the print is large enough that you don't have to strain your eyes. Take breaks every 20 min from reading and make sure to blink multiple times per minute.
Spend time looking at far away objects to train your eyes. because if you read too much or concentrate on seeing things that are close to your face, you might gradually lose the ability to see far away objects clearly (aka nearsightedness).
eat lots of carrots and vegetables that contain vitamin a. they're good for the eyes.
Same advice goes for those who spend a lot of time staring at the computer screen.

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by DollyParton1(f): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2014
Dr2great: REVEALED: I did a private investigation. linda ikeji's blog earn 3 million naira every month, while seun's nairaland earn 27 million naira every month.
Does Seun use glasses.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Elkristo(m): 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
iheanyi40: This thread is jst baseless iknw gals wey no sabi anytin yet de wear glasses 24/7
them plenty nah, dem de form intelligence but them be ishi aki.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Elkristo(m): 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
gift01: You can't be brilliant and have good eyes. One must give way
i quote you wrong
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by ekeneidiagbor: 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
Dr2great: REVEALED: I did a private investigation. linda ikeji's blog earn 3 million naira every month, while seun's nairaland earn 27 million naira every month.
Guy U funny... Follow d topic.. Anyway i always knw our dear Seun earned more.... Nairaland is more dynamic than linda's blog.... Nairaland allows users to create threads nd also has features for advertising, u don't gt dat at lindas'.... Nairaland has a lot of topics to choose grm and more follwers... Bt sha follow the topic
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
red101: Because they spend a lot of time reading. many avid readers develop myopia or nearsightedness.
It's not a bad thing to read books, it makes you smarter, but make sure you do so under appropriate conditions. Make sure the area is well lit, put the book at an appropriate distance from your eyes and make sure the print is large enough that you don't have to strain your eyes. Take breaks every 20 min from reading and make sure to blink multiple times per minute.
Spend time looking at far away objects to train your eyes. because if you read too much or concentrate on seeing things that are close to your face, you might gradually lose the ability to see far away objects clearly (aka nearsightedness).
eat lots of carrots and vegetables that contain vitamin a. they're good for the eyes.
Same advice goes for those who spend a lot of time staring at the computer screen.

...and phone screens too
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Glasses=brilliance?...dat was in secondary school.E no follow for uni at all
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by tempem: 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Broz J!!!
You're sighted. ref-
@lanicky's thread..
JeffreyJamez: Hahahaha Please.... I've been using glasses since I was 13yrs old and Im not brilliant... I hate Maths.... anything maths gives me instant headache...... But Im very street smart and intelligent.... Yes...brilliance is different from intelligence...

The glasses sef dey make people think say I be Mumu lol
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Elkristo(m): 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
I dnt mean to brag, i am intelligent, kinda run i my viens! I com 4rm a line of teachers. I use glasses but they r nt medicated, i use em just to spice up my swag.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
tempem: Broz J!!!
You're sighted. ref-
@lanicky's thread..

How far na!! grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
Yazmin: Scientifically, people with high I.Q literally have the brains boiling due to so much metabollic work used in thinking.
Thus the vapour from the boiling brain is either released through the eyes, skin or ears.
These vapour causes mist in the eyes, which hampers their clear sight and thus a need for glasses to correct enable proper sight.
In other climes, the effect on the ears and skin could be corrected through the use of 'beats by dre' special enhancers or petroleum jelly by unilever....
If at this point you are still reading my comment.....you need Jesus in your life!!!!!!

Team 2019....peace grin!!!!!!

Loooool funny u grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by idu1(m): 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
[quote author=tellwisdom]You are a very foolish boi...I don't use glasses but L.V sunshades sad[/quot. Werey!
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by tempem: 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
Going cool, bro. And you, bro?
JeffreyJamez:

How far na!! grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by rman: 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
gift01:

and when has left handedness become a deformity? shocked

Who said it is? You claimed you can't be brilliant and have good eye sight, I am telling you people believe being left handed is a sign of brilliancy too.

So what I mean is, if the individual is left handed, will poor eye sight still be requirement for brilliancy for such an individual?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by KelvinGraphics(m): 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
gringrin
I have seen some Olodo's that use glasses.
I think the question should be ''Y e be say na Ajebo children dey use glasses pass'' shey them say drinking of garri dey cause eye problem but Ajekpako children wey dey drink am steady no dey wear glasses till them even old diecheesycheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
butanep: This has been begging for answers, why do most brilliant people use glasses. In school, all the guy that use glasses in my department are intellgent. They are among those that top the department.
Even when you are putting on glasses, people just conclude you are intelligent. Why is it so and what is really special about glasses that make most guys that use it become academic scholars....

Thats might be correct tho, i have seen couple of them and vice versa. But would you agree with me that the average students in the future are always the successful ones, and are employers to the smart ones?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
tempem: Going cool, bro. And you, bro?

Im aiit.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by polz(m): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Glasses=brilliance?...dat was in secondary school.E no follow for uni at all
Guy e no even follow 4 secondary skul sef_
E get 1 babe 4 my skul dat year, she no dey comot glass 4 her face... She even dey use am run 4 inter-house sport grin

But her brain... undecided
Na walnut dey inside

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Seun(m): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Theory: Most people are supposed to use glasses. If you don't, then you either won't be able to read what your teachers write on the board, or you won't be able to read books without headaches. In either case, your academics will be affected. With glasses, you can see everything!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by djeezy(m): 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
I'm brilliant. I don't use glasses.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by butanep(m): 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
donnypool:

Thats might be correct tho, i have seen couple of them and vice versa. But would you agree with me that the average students in the future are always the successful ones, and are employers to the smart ones?
you re taking it personal... Or are you on of the artificial type?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
Some less sensible people use it too. Glasses is not exclusive for the intelligent. It is for those with eye defects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
lol... big lie.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by spanzed(m): 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez: Hahahaha Please.... I've been using glasses since I was 13yrs old and Im not brilliant... I hate Maths.... anything maths gives me instant headache...... But Im very street smart and intelligent.... Yes...brilliance is different from intelligence...

The glasses sef dey make people think say I be Mumu lol
grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by kennosklint(m): 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nor b everybody wei dey wear glass knw book oo,don't b deceived
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by DonaldGenes(m): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
No eye deer Bruh grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by yinkarh187(m): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2014

well i develop myopia at an early age wen i don't read dat much...how will u xplain dat?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Andrew3(m): 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
lol. see my profile picture grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Laspotech Security Killed By Cultists Today (pics) / Professional Masters Vs Academic Masters? Pls I Need Ur Advice / The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.