Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,488 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? (24307 Views)

Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man?(pics) / Is It Ever Okay For A Girl To Propose To Her Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Dykecosby: 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
N E V E R!!!!
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by MizMyColi(f): 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
fabiano09:

Does this trash u wrote look intelligible to you ? This is what i call an aimless rant,it baffles me hw you made frontpage,then it occurs to me u must be bleepin a moderator.

[size=14pt]My Son, will you shut up and quit being a schmuck douchebag cheesy[/size]

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by ugwum007(m): 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by ugwum007(m): 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
this is a conversation bw me & one of my ex. after some many uninteresting discussing, we entered the real deal.
me: babe, I hope u ve learnt how to cook?
ex: y re u saying such? back then, I did cook for u na?
me: yea, u indeed did. the dish was edible cos I was contributing 60% of the effort.
ex: wateva....

till date, I ve not heard from her again.

morale lesson; humans always tend to search for d truth but later find out that the sought after truth is very bitter. if u can endure what u will hear from ur ex, no problem go for it....

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by blakky97(m): 4:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
don't know what to write so I'm giving you waffles recipe:

2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
MizMyColi:

[size=14pt]My Son, will you shut up and quit being a schmuck douchebag cheesy[/size]

First am not your son,dnt u eva call me ur son,its insulting ! ,i just aired my opinion,y u taking it personal
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Teqqizz37(f): 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
i dnt tink it's normal to ask an ex abt ur flaws coz it doesnt determine if u'll change or nt, der is nobody without flaws.. askin him/her might make dem tink u wanna make it up to dem.. u knw d difference btw woh is ryt nd wrng.. Jst watch ur self nd see where u ar lackin... move on wit ur life nd u might meet d 1 dat loves u wit ur flaws..

2 Likes

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Segunj8(m): 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lovexme:

..and you'll keep having EXes just 'cause one party (in this case, you, for example ) couldn't cope with the other.

Don't you think if you keep breaking up with every girl, you've got a problem? #topic

Think of it dis way bro, ur flaws to A might be ur attracting forces to B.. If u kip asking ur Ex(es) for ur flaws how many times ll u change ursef nd in d process 4get the tins dat make u Unique.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Afrok(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
I think a relationship that will crash because of one partner's flaws will be visible to the person before the relationship finally crashes, so no need to ask ur ex about ur flaws again.
Going back to know ur flaws after the relationship has ended will only add to the pains, coz he/she might paint U worst than who U are just to justify the breakup. My 1kobo, stands to be corrected.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by keypad1: 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
ginajet: you say wetin? honestly I was suppose to like this comment but for the fact that its coming from you I will just hold on to my like tongue tongue tongue
lookatew....so u don hate me finish abi?

Diaris God ooooo
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Bitojoe(m): 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Forget that.every relationship has flaws.but it all depends on the maturity that both of you apply.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by dokunbam(m): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
Let bygone be byegone
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Bitojoe(m): 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
Tallesty1: Typing

just keep typing till Jesus come.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Lovexme(m): 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Segunj8:

Think of it dis way bro, ur flaws to A might be ur attracting forces to B.. If u kip asking ur Ex(es) for ur flaws how many times ll u change ursef nd in d process 4get the tins dat make u Unique.

Not saying you should change who you are, but if every girl you've dated keeps complaining to you on something you are not doing right, then you could change - if you think it's right to.

It's a choice bro smiley
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by iluvmoscow(m): 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Question for the gods.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Charles4075(m): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hmmm. This one is strong

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Osas001: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=MizMyColi][/quote]

Funny, I was just chatting up with an ex some days back asking about one or two things about myself and us then, and it wasnt because i felt insecure or not sure, but only using that as a yardstick to check on somethings about myself... At some point in life, one needs to know of the habit you had left or stopped unknowingly, and asking an ex doesn't mean you want her back to you wish things were normal, its just part of life, just like you can always go to call on your parent or go visit them for advice, its always a way to always keep life going...

For me its, there is nothing wrong in asking, except the both of you are not on talking terms, or not in contact or still have feelings for each other, but then again, they are the ones that will really open up to you and see through your smiles n frowns.

Just saying tho#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Bitojoe(m): 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
I hate the word ex...just allow him/her to leave.everything that have beginning also has an end. Bleep ex.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by MizMyColi(f): 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
fabiano09:

First am not your son,dnt u eva call me ur son,its insulting ! , she just asked a question i just aired my opinion,y u taking it personal why am I taking it personal
tongue
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by 4casta(m): 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
Well, asking could give you insight to areas that need improvement, that's if you have a sincere ex.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
The problem most women have is their ex this n that!! Women prefer to think back than to think front and this is one of their major problems.

When will ladies learn to move ahead with their lives and forget all these their ex this n that Na wa o

Now I see y many guys are bent on marrying virgins with no ex this n that, sighs.

@op, pls advice that ur friend; whether he or her (I doubt its a he cos guys dnt always think abt their ex with good memories like ladies do cheesy) to pls forget her ex and think of the good future ahead of her. All these ex have destroyed so many ladies' relationships/marriages and future yet they won't learn, sighs.

Ladies eh, a guy dumped u, humiliated u, hurt u without pity and u are still busy thinking abt him, comparing him with ur present guy n going back to ask his opinion, na wa o, ladies are weird creatures.

I won't be surprised to hear that ladies also ask their ex if their present boyfriend/husband is ok or notcheesycheesy
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by bigfoot79(m): 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
When I did she z ma KinG kobra and its unending sprouting venoms were too much for her Greek goddess Aphrod nature of hers : ha ah aha and I was like sorry B! This is a Spartan one eyed Snakey
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Temmzz(m): 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
Wat u ex disliked about u, wl probably be wat ur new date wl love so much about u,humans are different,let it be, we are born wt flaws
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
Sure u can do that, i am engaged but i still talk and chat with my Exs on different levels
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
That means Genevieve Nnaji needs to call Dbanj to ask him y he dumped hergrin and then Kim K will call Ray J to ask him y he dumped her too; does that make sense at all, how will Kanye West feel, huh

Ladies pls leave all these ur ex n exes alone pls n face your future cos those ex came for a mission; accomplished their mission and moved on happily while u are there running back to him, wot do u xpect from him

From asking for his counsels n opinion, he can manipulate u emotionally n use u again for his temporal pleasure/satisfaction- this happens often.

Unless u know u are very bad n did sth wrong to him, then u can ask him to forgive u, that's all!

You ladies need to see how most guys talk n mock their so-called ex who still dream abt them n wish d guys could take them back. Most guys r explorers, so they have no reason for breaking up with u other than to enable them explore more oceans and seas, so let them be!

It will surprise u to know that some guys (d financially buoyant single guys) have broke up with more than 30 diff women, does it mean all those women are stupid n bad What do u xpect d guy to tell all these his 30 ex if they choose to call him to know their mistakes? Of course he will definitely cook up allegations to make u d lady feel more inferior n guilty.

Ladies pls learn! Learn!!!
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Mclick(m): 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
It all depends on; the motive behind you trying to know, the kind of relationship you had with your ex, moreso his personality. Its good if the real reason you want to know your flaws is so as to take corrective measures. That he will respond positively and sincerely depends on; the kind of love he shared with you, his emotions or temperament. If you are lucky and the breakup is no deliberate fault of yours, but for other external influences, you will in know in your conversation and be able to work thing around, that is if you still love him. But in a case where by, he a serial cheat or hit and run, you won't find a tangible answer. If the break up is a timed bomb, of several of your shortcoming, he may not respond at all as expected
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Segunj8(m): 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lovexme:

Not saying you should change who you are, but if every girl you've dated keeps complaining to you on something you are not doing right, then you could change - if you think it's right to.

It's a choice bro smiley

Dats a diff tin entirely, if dey complain while we were still dating why won't I change.. But whatever she refuse to mention while we were dating remains with her.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
Some things are better not heard
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
ginajet: observing what now? mbok take off that your magnifying glass or is it lens and say something reasonable...... *sipping my small bottle of Chelsea* life is too short

I will love to see you sip that ‘small bottle’ on Sunday. It's gonna be a pleasure to watch you wail and cry in alphabets. grin

..And that's not a magnifying glass joor. It's an emerald sunglass made by Shiels Jewelers.

Yea I know, it's expensive. *Adjusts tie* cool
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by EBIXANDRA(f): 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
Osas001:

Funny, I was just chatting up with an ex some days back asking about one or two things about myself and us then, and it wasnt because i felt insecure or not sure, but only using that as a yardstick to check on somethings about myself... At some point in life, one needs to know of the habit you had left or stopped unknowingly, and asking an ex doesn't mean you want her back to you wish things were normal, its just part of life, just like you can always go to call on your parent or go visit them for advice, its always a way to always keep life going...

For me its, there is nothing wrong in asking, except the both of you are not on talking terms, or not in contact or still have feelings for each other, but then again, they are the ones that will really open up to you and see through your smiles n frowns.

Just saying tho#
WORD!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by loomy(m): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
I think ur ex shud remain ur ex and its betta to ask ur present girl to evaluate ur behaviours with her than exhuming the dead.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
where is my good friend Sophyrocks, i have been checking to read her comment on this topic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Male Nairalanders With The Cutest Smiles! / Miss Nairaland 2017.. Guys Who Do You Think Deserves The Crown? / Ladies: Why Are You Single?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.