Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,480 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

His Response To My 'i Love You' - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Response To My 'i Love You' (7440 Views)

His Response Got Her Really Angry. It Might Lead To Their Breakup / I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It / The Worst Response To 'I Love You'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by ideology(m): 10:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
farano: We've been friends for over 3 years now that I personally decided to take it to another level. So on that faithful day, when we were together, i unfolded my feelings for him, he did too staring deeply into my eyes and romantically holding my hands.
My heart was beating faster and slower at the same time that I was forced to pop out that mighty four letter word. With my angelic voice, I told him 'I love you dear' But surprisingly, his response was 'i should allow it to grow naturally'. I smiled but within me I was very angry embarassed All those feelings disappeared instantly.

See your last line, " all those feelings disappeared instantly "

love has never been feelings and will never be

Thats enough to show it was not love.
You just wanted to have him to yourself, based on some perceived beliefs

1. The young man is sincere, if you meet someone who wants to take advantage of you, you can easily do that, he will use you and dump you, then you will complain "all guys are the same "

2. The young man is wise, he knows what he wants, you might think 3years was ok, hmmm, it doesn't always work.

3. Some men have been through a lot with women, so They are not just ready for another emotional trauma.

4. Give him time and space

5. Your love for him looks self-centered to me.
If not you won't see anything wrong in his reply

Finally, are you guys dating or just casual friends, if there was no agreement, pls don't think what he is not thinking.

Ps: See how life is, I can bet you, there is someone dying for you somewhere but You have ignored him.

3 Likes

Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by nairalife2013(m): 11:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
... My heart was beating faster and slower at the same time that I was forced to pop out that mighty four letter word. With my angelic voice, I told him 'I love you dear' But surprisingly, his response was 'i should allow it to grow naturally'. I smiled but within me I was very angry embarassed All those feelings disappeared instantly. [/quote] in your heart, u loved him. But truth is, in yur subconcous mind all U crave from him was to hav him f-ck u. Real lov doesnt die jus like dat but infatuation or crush do. Go ahead and seduce him to f-ck u, lov or no lov. U hav nothing to lose. Dat in som cases do resurrect lov. Teddy pendagras calls it "love a second time around", and it's known by many to be even hotter. Gudluk

1 Like

Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by ChikeAndrew(m): 11:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
U lucky! He was genuine enough or wud u rather be lied to?
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by MizMyColi(f): 11:43pm On Sep 20, 2014

If I were to say my mind on this topic now, I know some monikers that'll call for my head grin

Ever since rozay, I've developed thread trust issues, pardon me.

If the topic of discussion is anything to go by, then I can relate with the "Love Disappearing Immediately".

That's because ladies in general are prideful and aren't as apt as their male counterpart at handling rejection.
The Love didn't disappear, her pride was deeply hurt.

Well, undecided undecided I'll just darn the consequences and say it anyway. Heck, for all we know, he could be keenly following this post.

Do yourself a favour and give the guy a break, I mean space. You need time to recollect yourself emotionally, to refresh.
No, don't go no contact, no, don't stop the communication. Just be, without him, for a bit.

If this happened for real, I'm sure by now, you'd be feeling some form of inhibition towards him?
Don't let it slide, don't try to mask it.
Let it run its course.

However, be mature about it, always applying wisdom, it is profitable to direct.
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by mako007(m): 11:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
MizMyColi , how do you guys keep up with this NL thing, I tire o
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by valdes00(m): 11:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
I know how you feel OP, that same feelin ARSENE WENGER felt after losin CR7 to man utd den.... the effect is still disturbin WENGER til 2day
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by MizMyColi(f): 11:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
mako007: MizMyColi , how do you guys keep up with this NL thing, I tire o

LoLest

NL is beyond a thing.
It's a community.
Some find life and purpose here.
Others find their means of livelihood
To some, its fun.
To some, it's a hideout
To me cheesy
It means a lot.......FRIENDS, People, Money cool, Politics, latest trends.
I think what makes it a fulfilling experience for me, is the ability to reach out to people, no matter where they're at, show love, solve their issues in the way(s) I can and just enjoying having people around.

Discover your own NL Mojo Mako007, stick with it, then make the best out of it. wink
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by mytym(m): 12:20am On Sep 21, 2014
Ksslib:
Lol. We cannot categorically ascertain if she has been catapulted into that zone as of now. But if I were to guess, den e be like say the babe don enter oo. Perhaps the nigga wants to revenge.

This is what engineers call reverse friendzoning

Abbey2sam:
lemme guess, you friend zone the guy, and now you've fallen mercilessly in love with the guy and you just want him to say I love you too, because the guy is your toy or your programmed robot that's meant to say yes to all your demands
babe; let it grow naturally...just as he said

farano: if your story is true,..In 3yrs? my guess is as how Abbey2sam puts it.. i think the dude must have made a move at least once before nd probably got a rejection mail from you, however subtle it came. Now you love up, great! but your mutual impedances have been mismatched.
i like to think there's hope... if he said "let it grow naturally", it means the feeling is there it just may not be ripe enough to give you an affirmative YES.
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by rattlesnake(m): 12:41am On Sep 21, 2014
farano

stop being anxious about love

.....anxiety is misleading...u might not even understand ur own illusions about this "guy" yet...hence u misjudged
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by AfricanApple(f): 1:01am On Sep 21, 2014
if I were you, I will be glad and if possible thank him later. he was very very sincere, instead 'choping your punny' he told u d truth and d fact.

i understand how it feels to feel rejected in such a manner but i don't think he rejected u, he could just be testing u, if he was, then u have failed the test.

and how come the love that had been growing gradually just all of a sudden disappeared abi d love was built like TB Joshua's church?

pls o, don't hate d dude, he did u big favour, thank him later
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Baddestguyp(m): 2:03am On Sep 21, 2014
you never loved him from d start. love doesn't just disappear. the guy is lucky he didn't make d mistake of saying "I love you too" cos u just wanted too use him
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by fightforchange1(f): 2:19am On Sep 21, 2014
Did u love him at all ?
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by fightforchange1(f): 2:20am On Sep 21, 2014
Baddestguyp: you never loved him from d start. love doesn't just disappear. the guy is lucky he didn't make d mistake of saying "I love you too" cos u just wanted too use him

Exactly
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 21, 2014
vizkiz: are you trying to say you'v never replied a dude who said "i love you" with something more heartbreaking than that??

Yeah, feel how he felt then undecided
Haba now!.. Why the bashing?.
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 21, 2014
Sanchez01: I think he is mature. Love does take time to grow and I believe it would be better for you to hear that than have him say 'I love you more' when he does not mean it.
Exactly!
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 21, 2014
Baddestguyp: you never loved him from d start. love doesn't just disappear. the guy is lucky he didn't make d mistake of saying "I love you too" cos u just wanted too use him
Such isn't always true...One can start as friends, and develop feelings overtime...That is a big difference between most men and women...Most men do want a relationship right away, while most women let their feelings speak for itself.
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Baddestguyp(m): 2:31am On Sep 21, 2014
glitest:
Such isn't always true...One can start as friends, and develop feelings overtime...That is a big difference between most men and women...Most men do want a relationship right away, while most women let their feelings speak for itself.
no matter how long it takes to fall in love, love doesn't just disappear, I'm speaking from experience. it took almost a year in my case
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Nobody: 2:58am On Sep 21, 2014
Baddestguyp: no matter how long it takes to fall in love, love doesn't just disappear, I'm speaking from experience. it took almost a year in my case

I don't think she meant she stopped loving him after he made such comment...Anger was probably what set in at that moment...What i got from op is that she difinetly does build a wall up, so as to avoid been heartbroken...She must have seen a few qualities in the guy, which prompted her to develop feelings for him...You also do not know if she developed feelings for him long before she made his feelings known to him, but held back so as to avoid been rejected...Do you?.
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 21, 2014
I grab chair sitdown, fold hands dey listen.......
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by farano(f): 5:40am On Sep 21, 2014
@mizmycoli thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 21, 2014
cheesy
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 21, 2014
Scyllapatron:
the guy was right, wise and smart. real love doesn't disappaer instantly.
We women hate rejection more than men.
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by baralatie(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2014
Sanchez01: I think he is mature. Love does take time to grow and I believe it would be better for you to hear that than have him say 'I love you more' when he does not mean it.
if after three years,his heart found it difficult to be in love and move to the the next important level.start to find practical solutions.
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by nitlad: 8:14am On Sep 21, 2014
Scyllapatron: the guy was right, wise and smart. real love doesn't disappaer instantly.

Edumare bless you!

1 Like

Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by simdam500(m): 8:53am On Sep 21, 2014
So, love now take years to grow? Smh...

Your guy still confuse on what food he'll love to eat for the rest of his life...

Op... Pls tell him to never walk in GEJ's shoe... Which is cluelessness
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 21, 2014
qinbeauty: We women hate rejection more than men.

but men easily detect fake-feelings (infatuation) more than women. that's why women are easier deceived with feelings than men.
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Ksslib(m): 9:48am On Sep 21, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Your siggy is deep cool
smiley

1 Like

Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Jasi7(m): 12:29am On Oct 03, 2014
farano: Grow for like how many years hun?
y r u ignoring vizkiz and den answering bigbizzy....are u guilty of what vizkiz said abi d answer to him question no dey?
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Jasi7(m): 1:02am On Oct 03, 2014
MizMyColi:

y r ur sentences in quote?...did u make comments and den quote urself only to delete d original post
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by Jasi7(m): 1:04am On Oct 03, 2014
nitlad:

Edumare bless you!
I REMEMBER YOU
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by vikkyboboski(m): 3:46am On Oct 03, 2014
Ladies and there self centeredness shaa! na today una don dey do us this kind of tin. ladies breaking guys hrt since 1100BC.
Re: His Response To My 'i Love You' by MizMyColi(f): 7:45am On Oct 03, 2014
Jasi7: y r ur sentences in quote?...did u make comments and den quote urself only to delete d original post

No Sir, I just didn't want people quoting dissecting my words silly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My experience and WhatsApp chats about Yahoo with a friend (photos+) / How I make her understand and appreciate me? / Tips On How To Have A Sweet Kiss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.