Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) (55726 Views)

Conrad Mbewe Accuses TB Joshua Of Demonic Predictions & Fake Prophecies / Shocking! Recorded Voice Tape of TB Joshua Bribing Journalists To tell Lies! / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 21, 2014
Look you guys, especially the sympathizers of TB Joshua.......the simple truth is this:

This event, in measure of disaster, can be equated to a plane crash! A plane crashes, lives are lost en mass.....its exactly the same in this case...the only difference is this is a building that collapsed.

Sosoliso never recovered after that plane crash, Bellview never did too. Dana Air will not be the same for years to come...I'm sure of that. Because such events question the credibility of the management of such facilities, be it a plane or a building.
If it has been established that Uncle Temiwhatever added some storeys to his building without authorization. This is the result now. Let him take responsibilty for it.

If it were a press conference concerning the purchase of a new fleet of church buses, or the launch of a new brand of holy water....I can accept that the brown envelope was given as "thanks for coming"

But under this particular circumstance......50,000 is nowhere near normal goodwill. To me it means "thanks for coming and pls cover up for me in any way you can"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by oluamid(m): 8:44am On Sep 21, 2014
The "brown envelope" practice is a grey area in Nigerian journalism. Of course, the person offering will not say its a bribe and neither will the person collecting, but we all know its a kind of "influence" on the angle of the story.

Students of journalism in the University study "Media Ethics and Issues" as part of their compulsory courses and "brown envelopism" is extensively discussed. It is against the ethics of journalism to collect any kind of gratification before or after publishing a story. But poverty is what it is in the country.

Apart from the issue of poverty, there are many instances where media houses owe their reporters salaries of up to 6 months. How do these journalists survive? Brown envelopes.

It is now the standard practice that a journalist be given a "brown envelope" if he attends a corporate event. I doubt if there is any living and practicing journalist who has not either collected a brown envelope or been offered one.

Any journalist who collects an envelope and say its not a kind of "bribe" is only playing the ostrich.

That's why Punch Newspaper have it printed on their front page that their reporters don't accept and should not be offered any gratification.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by rufdan(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2014
Oya nah don hear.
oluamid:
The "brown envelope" practice is a grey area in Nigerian journalism. Of course, the person offering will not say its a bribe and neither will the person collecting, but we all know its a kind of "influence" on the angle of the story.

Students of journalism in the University study "Media Ethics and Issues" as part of their compulsory courses and "brown envelopism" is extensively discussed. It is against the ethics of journalism to collect any kind of gratification before or after publishing a story. But poverty is what it is in the country.

Apart from the issue of poverty, there are many instances where media houses owe their reporters salaries of up to 6 months. How do these journalists survive? Brown envelopes.

It is now the standard practice that a journalist be given a "brown envelope" if he attends a corporate event. I doubt if there is any living and practicing journalist who has not either collected a brown envelope or been offered one.

Any journalist who collects an envelope and say its not a kind of "bribe" is only playing the ostrich.

That's why Punch Newspaper have it printed on their front page that their reporters don't accept and should not be offered any gratification.

2 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by asamaigho(m): 8:52am On Sep 21, 2014
tijjanioyan: somebody should help me access his IQ

it is ur IQ dat should be examined, and from my observation ur qiotient is far deep in d negative...crap
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 21, 2014
How was that a bribe? moreover why would he bribe them? Nigerians sha!!!
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Koyegunle: 9:07am On Sep 21, 2014
striktlymi: That audio did not prove that TB Joshua did anything wrong. All I see is an overzealous journalist who has decided to make a big deal out of the generosity of another.

It's normal, like most people have said, for organisations or people to give journalists money when they are the ones that call them for the press conference. But in this, case he need not do that Because the incident already naturally attract the press. By doing what we call the norm and also announcing it, which he needs not to, he becomes suspicious.

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Amadaz(m): 9:12am On Sep 21, 2014
Didiannie: Are you holier than him?
Ask me one more time.

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 21, 2014
dammytosh: I bet 80% of those who hit reply button never listened to the audio in full if not i don't see any thing wrong with the conversation.

Before you start screaming, I am not a TB Joshua fan and can never be, but in the spirit of fairness, nothing is wrong with the conversation.

Every church/business organizations pays journalist when they come for briefings, press conference, 'advertisements' etc and when i say every church, i mean every church. Just the same way everyone who visits Jonathan in Aso Rock would be given so called 'Transport FARE' and Pastor Bakare went and turned it down in style calling it bribe to the celebration of journalists the last time.

Also I am disappointed in the religious arm of PDP called CAN and all the blinginglified leaders. So no one deem it fit to visit the site, no one sympathizes with TB Joshua and the Families who lost their lives. Even Daddy GO and other respected Men of God.

That is not good enough. Sounds like being silently happy their competitor is going down.

My Cent.

With viewpoint like this, how can the nation not be a dismal failure.
The youth are worse than the current set of leaders, as the despotic ruler, IBB pointed out.

Lagbaja was right all along when he posited that we a nation of 170 million M-U-M-U.
...I am afraid there no hope left, the youth are in ruin

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by phlame(m): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2014
Although I'm not a fan of TB Joshua but the truth still remains that this isn't bribery. We all know that he has spent hundreds of thousand of $ in helping the needy and nobody saw anything wrong in that. Abeg make the reporter go hug transformer. angry
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by simplex2: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2014
Devil advocates! You guys are here trying to defend the indefensible. From what I heard when I listened to the audio, he specifically tried to direct the journalist on what to write and what not to write!

1:55 - I will be very happy if you will help me correct some of the things that have been (said on the papers)

From 2:24, they were trying to squeze out an official statement from him, he insists that they shouldn't write about those that died, but about the survivors.

2:46: why can't you talk of those who recovered -
He was specifically suggesting to them what to write. With the believe that he who pays the piper, dictates the tune.

They even suggests he make an official statement to commiserate with the family of the dead but he refused, insisting that he has to speak like a man of God! He specifically told them that, and said his church members won't feel good hearing a man of god talk about death! What sort of trash is this? He is more concerned with his status than with the families of those that lost their loved ones?

Anyone defending this show of shame should be ashamed of his morality and education!

This 'Napoleon is always right' attitude won't make us any better society.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Tekzyflex(m): 9:53am On Sep 21, 2014
aysometin:

I am not a journalist, but does the laws of the profession support this? If it doesn't, then it is bribe. It is obviously offered to influence what the journalist writes. Whether it is the norm in Nigeria or not does not make it right.

From my observation the money wasn't a bribe. Also note that T.B Joshua is a philanthropist that always give. Nigerians are always looking for the downfall and flaws of people, just as they did to my Oga @ the top and the first lady. I think we are just too myopic in our thinking and attitude.
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by ifedun2: 9:59am On Sep 21, 2014
If journalist Ibekwe is not a cub reporter,he must have been offered 'brown envelope 'a number of times.Is this how he has been going to the internet to announce his rejection of such?Or is the personality of TBJ the reason he has done this?
Am not a fan of the 'man of god',and I definitely feel there is more to what we see,but am not his judge.
As a journalist,anyone can offer you appreciation either in cash or kind.It is left to you to accept or decline.It is now a matter for your conscience to report what is right or otherwise.
In this case,that media interview would not be the window through which the world was seeing the building collapse.It was already in the news and it had been reported that scores of lives had been lost.So,what was his point?
Again he said Governor Fashola visited and held a closed door meeting with the man.How is that an offence?Was it not the same governor who told the 'mog'to order his church members to vacate the site?
Was he expected to make any pronouncements when Investigations were ongoing?
People like journalist Ibekwe are everywhere.They are the type who bring their subjective mindset into their profession.

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by simplex2: 10:01am On Sep 21, 2014
san316: I've not seen any journalist coming to prove @striklyme wrng. Wen i c dat, i'll comment.

The journalist that rejected the 'bribe', recorded and posted the proceedings online has proved you and her wrong. If it was a harmless envelope, the journalist wouldn't have rejected it. I'm happy there are still people with conscience left in that profession.
Will any of them accept that envelope and skew the truth if their direct relation was involved fatally in the incidence?

One day, just one day, you all supporting this evil will be short-changed and in need of the truth to set you free, someone will pay far less than that to hide the truth and keep you in perpetual disability forever!

Say Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 21, 2014
Seun: The gbagauns are one of a kind too.
Hahhahahahahaha...Is this coming from you?? Very-very funny...
I knew about his church all the while I was a teenager in Lagos, but as a kid...I didn't pay so much attention to what I heard about him.

Two months ago,I decided to watch his sermon that was being aired...Holy Lord...I was speechless all through. His diction is pathetic, I found it embarrassing that he hasn't improved over the years!

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by ALISMILE(m): 10:12am On Sep 21, 2014
Even d President GEJ sent condolence msg to the pastor
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 21, 2014
Well well well! Only God knows individual thoughts! Condolence to those that lost their lives over the incidence. Where were the ministry of physical planning or whatever ministry they are called. Didn't they see the building in the first place. Are there no other structures still hanging in Lagos? I am not a fan of any pastor but I see most people always rejoicing over the fall of any man of God. Some go into any length to frustrate or ruin their ministry over a mistake (costly or not). He who keepeth his tongue keepeth is soul from trouble.
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by lomprico(m): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2014
rusher14:

OK. My name is David and I am appointed of God.

Please can I kill you to take over your possession ?
Ur point?

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by sylve11: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2014
hmmmmm cool
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by ipromise: 10:44am On Sep 21, 2014
Let him/her that is without sin; throw the first stone......This practise is inherent in our today's society, on normal event journalist do expect welfare packages from their host. Therefore, people should stop making HILLS out of this matter. We should be praying for the victims and their families instead of seeking selfish attention over the social media as if we just turned human right activist over night...THEIR FAMILIES NEED OUR PRAYERS..
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by fujirice: 10:49am On Sep 21, 2014
striktlymi: That audio did not prove that TB Joshua did anything wrong. All I see is an overzealous journalist who has decided to make a big deal out of the generosity of another.
JESUS!!!! I'm disappointed at this comment! Now I know why our leaders are doing us anyhow.
Gawd!!!

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by iamord(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Hahhahahahahaha...Is this coming from you?? Very-very funny...
I knew about his church all the while I was a teenager in Lagos, but as a kid...I didn't pay so much attention to what I heard about him.

Two months ago,I decided to watch his sermon that was being aired...Holy Lord...I was speechless all through. His diction is pathetic, I found it embarrassing that he hasn't improved over the years!

I have been a member from my childhood days.. God knows I have always been a rebel to something against my views and theories.. I won't talk too much
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by dammytosh: 11:08am On Sep 21, 2014
JonBee1:

With viewpoint like this, how can the nation not be a dismal failure.
The youth are worsen than the current set of leader, as the despotic ruler, IBB pointed out.

Lagbaja was right all along when he posited that we a nation of 170 million M-U-M-U.
...I am afraid there no hope left, the youth are in ruin

You are a typical empty vessel that makes unnecessary noise. Quote TB Joshua based on the audio we all listened to, instead of just ranting based on d normal dislike we all av for d guy.

I repeat, the 50k can not be called bribe, journalist get stuffs like that when u are d one who invited them. Right or Wrong, i leave NUJ to determine.

That my view point supports the guy you hate with disgust does not make it wrong. Use your brain and dnt allow anybody think for u.
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by sharpchap: 11:27am On Sep 21, 2014
he gave them money, and told them what to focus on after he gave them the money. they didnt even ask him any question. they just tried to take cues from him. he knows wot he did and the journalists also understood. i am a sinner ooo! and a bad man. men of God shouldnt do the bad things I can do. if not they should stop claiming to be men of God. evil starts chasing you around when you have committed sin. my pastor say Job no dey pay him tithe thats why devil clear all him property. david kill person husband wahala come start. make una advise una pastor make him repent oooo!

2 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by rusher14: 11:33am On Sep 21, 2014
lomprico:
Ur point?

My bad. That wasn't meant for you grin
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by onyiksmok(m): 11:38am On Sep 21, 2014
The truth is that I didn't listen to the audio, but I want all of you whether your a scoan member, a fan of the Man of God to look at this issue from another perspective. Lot of souls were buried under that building because of gross negligence and yet we don't want to call a spade a spade, because he's a man of God. So tomorrow when a politician loots our billions, we can't also persecute him because his influential and this is how we leave in a country called Nigeria were rich and influential men commit crimes whether knowingly or unknowingly and the government smiles at them with a kiss anyway if na sooo EKENEKWAMU unu

3 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Michaelamo: 11:41am On Sep 21, 2014
I don't know, but I stand to be corrected, I listened to the tape over and over again, I did not see where the issue of bribing came in, he said you people should use that for your car, to fuel your cars back home, he did not say, don't report what you saw here, or report what I want to tell you now, so am really confused, is the kind gesture of giving now bribery? and he said it clearly, some issues are for the security operatives, I can't be talking about them, we have to wait for their findings, yes you might want to blame him for not wanting to talk about the dead, the numbers of death in the collapse, and again he gave his reasons quiet clearly, you don't want to be causing tensions everywhere, that's the way he sees it, he is only human, and he can make errors, we should stop seeing every man of God as a saint that would never err, I think that's the problem,in not counting the casualties he was just acting like the military do, how many times have you heard that the military lost men in the fight against boko haram? but our military men are dying every day, I think he erred in that, but he was just trying to dose off tension,and like I said in the beginning, I still did not see where the bribery came from, because they can as well report what they saw, in the audio he did not say they shoud report contrary to what they saw, what should be done now is for the security and other agencies to investigate the cause of the collapse, if the church have erred in loading the buildings above its capacity, it should be told, and the man of God should apologise publicly for it, that's all.
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by nagoma(m): 11:43am On Sep 21, 2014
In a just society this will be thoroughly and honestly investigated while the TB Joshua man should be in prison custody by now, for deliberately breaching the building laws of the country and putting people's life in danger and for 80 charges of manslaughter.

2 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by dammytosh: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2014
nagoma: In a just society this TB Joshua man should be in prison custody by now, for deliberately breaching the building laws of the country and putting people's life in danger and for 70 charges of manslaughter.

I am with you on this but the appropriate process / law must be followed without favouritism.

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by declaro(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2014
lirusehn: [b]
MODIFIED

it's funny how you guyz reason. Nway! Ave all my life loved TBJoshua not jut becuz he's a God sent prophet but cuz he's humble and gives like his life depends on it. (I once hated him tho)

Now like seriouly let's us be reasonable here, TB Joshua is a man just like we guyz, Нe has on him flesh which seriously мakes it a necessity for him to err.

We all knw SCOAN bin the most controversial Church ever known. So u sure shudnt expect him not to be over confused. Listened to the Audio over and over just to get where bribery came in, but like Starz i cudnt till now get it. For this I'll boldly go against it perhaps the audio i downloadd was different from the one u guyz listened to.

LETZ JUST CONSIDER IT IN YOU FOOLZ' PERSPECTIVE Even tho its glaring y'all twisting the truth here just to soil his name.

The building collapsed and those guyz came to write their LIFE as usual. We all knw Nigerians Lack what professionalism demands as they will surely add a smell to their pens just to gain attention of Readers.

OK Fine! They were badly treated, Apologies for this. But the worse set in when they salted the whole scenario by adding ' TB JOSHUA ordered his security men to treat them that way' just to down this Man of God. Even if the Security men were not working under instructions u shudnt xpect Prophet Joshua to deny he asked them to treat them that way. What manner of leader is he? At this state of confusion he decided to apologize to them,Beg for the story (the story of they bin beaten) to be covered up and give unto them what Nigerians are knwn for.

If u guyz were to be sensible i wud have asked you guyz to tell me what he wud bribe those guyz for.

A Church world-widely knwn, was he trying to tell the world the building didn't collapse? Or prolly he wud tell them to tell the world he's not the owner of the building?

A needle from The Prophet's wallet wud be made knwn let alone a whole building. I wish you guyz cud just use those things u guyz call brain and tell me what else he was trying to coverup if not how they were treated. .
And for crying out loud is TB Joshua not a Fleshy man like us that can take any measure to protect his Name/Image?

What wud u guyz say again? He claims to be a man of God? The last time i cheCked he's a man of God not a GOD. Born of a woman and all these make him imperfect.

People and their shallow brains called him a Murderer, how?? Going back thru memories, i remembered a Collapsed central hospital @ Benin, whose fault was it? The Government? Or the Drs?

And how comes Nicholas voice was neva heard sinz he claimed to be the only one who rejected the offer?
This is 21st century, what's even the prove that the audio is not a cooked up sh*t?

Nway! Bak to line.
What wud you guyz Ave done if you were to be in the dayz of David? David killed sum1 just to marry his wife and yet he was forgiven. Get this straight God is seriously not interested in your past what matters is asking for forgiveness while measures are taken not to get back into sin.

you all here ranting like some hungry pigs,crying blue murder cuz God chose him. Hiding behind fingers while what you all do in your closets are life-taking. Welcome to planet earth where you write woreva u so wish just to gain attention or side-kick ur sorrow, You all claim to be beter while in actual fact the devil itself seems to be much more preferable. Dirty Hypocrites it should be a shame on you guyz if the Prophet cud ave gone this far 'changed lives' 'changed nations' 'changed the world' positively despite bin a fake Prophet while the acclaimed Real ones ar wining on Zero.(Jesus was condemned so am less baffled) but it's a pity Common sense is seriously not common. Nway! these are hard times for him. But this am sure of 'He shall win the battle' Satan shall be put to shame'
[/b]

MY Dear prophet TB Joshua, God knows we shall keep praying for you. My Lord God Jesus shall strengthen you. We all love you. The best is yet to come

Please tell us how much you too have collected from him because you will be sharing the guilt of those blood wasted with him if you have collected something from him.

3 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by nagoma(m): 11:58am On Sep 21, 2014
ipromise: Let him/her that is without sin; throw the first stone......This practise is inherent in our today's society, on normal event journalist do expect welfare packages from their host. Therefore, people should stop making HILLS out of this matter. We should be praying for the victims and their families instead of seeking selfish attention over the social media as if we just turned human right activist over night...THEIR FAMILIES NEED OUR PRAYERS..

What about the selfish man who caused the disaster because of his callous indifference to authority , his greed and selfishness. You mean he should escape the law?

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by lirusehn(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
declaro:

Please tell us how much you too have collected from him because you will be sharing the guilt of those blood wasted with him if you have collected something from him.

Am actually not surprised since you ar an African.
I hoped the 'slavery mentality' had bin got rid of.

So u mean i need to be moneyed before i cud write the truth. This is Africa where people like you prefa the LIES they ar obsessed with. just a good few knw the value of TRUTH. Gudday.
Smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Pastor Tokunbo Olorunnimbe Is Dead / South African Pastor Preaches From Inside Coffin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.