Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,655 members, 7,955,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:50 AM

What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? (22626 Views)

Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? / Schools Debate: Science Courses So Special Compare To Arts Course? / The Secret Of Mathematics Exposed Using Casio Fx-991ms Calculator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by abvictory: 6:41am On Sep 22, 2014
Tell your friend to study harder

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Samwhizzy(m): 6:42am On Sep 22, 2014
This one serious oooo, writting waec 6times, Naija Diaris God oo
Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by datbay(m): 6:42am On Sep 22, 2014
Personally I think maths is used to balance your level of reasoning,smartness and fitness,although I hated maths while in sch.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 22, 2014
You're kidding , right ? Importance of mathematics to an arts student. smh

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 22, 2014
mathematics is in our everyday activities we add,we subtract,we multiply,mathematica gives you deeper thinking analysis of a given problem,your brain will be flexible note am an art student

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by bigtt76(f): 6:44am On Sep 22, 2014
To calculate your salaray naaa grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Danhumprey: 6:44am On Sep 22, 2014
Samwhizzy: This one serious oooo, writting waec 6times, Naija Diaris God oo
6times na small thing. You never see anything yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Ezedon(m): 6:49am On Sep 22, 2014
it is not important at all it should be scrapped off
Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Danhumprey: 6:51am On Sep 22, 2014
fuckluv: Why re-write WAEC 6 times just because of maths? That guy needs to be fogged.
What were you expecting him to do? It may happen that the course he want to study require a minimum of a credit pass in Mathematics,so he had no choice than to rewrite still he make it. Or he choose another course.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Blazing99: 6:52am On Sep 22, 2014
At a point in their lives,the application of mathematics is highly needed

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Raxxye(m): 6:52am On Sep 22, 2014
It will help the art students calculate the price of their art works!
Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by sunsky29(m): 6:54am On Sep 22, 2014
op,u are the type that wants their final year exam question to b like this."fill in the gap in question 1 to 50" 1,musa is an ----(hausa,igbo,yoruba,ogoni,okrika)man.blah blah blah.bt seriously maths v been gvn me a hard tym bk in sec sch.,am a sci student bt pair me with an art student,i will lecture hm/her in any subject of choice in art catgory..i studied sm of them art subjects myslf.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by haibe(m): 6:55am On Sep 22, 2014
Iamsynord: Most students in Art class are generally not good in maths but they are forced to pass it after all..
I know of a Particular boy that had to rewrite waec 6 times just because of Maths despite having As and Bus in the other subjects..
This bring the question of whether mathematics is as important to arts students as it is to other class and that it should be scrapped from d core subjects that one must get at least C ,in our SSCE exams since Arts mainly as to do with talk ,writing and reading instead of the confusing algorithm, phytagoras, bodmas and solving evident in Mathematics..
What is your own view of this

I think a calculation course like mathematics builds our thinking capacity. You find mathematics application in most course that are not mathematics, it's a very useful tool generally

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by bollybees(m): 6:55am On Sep 22, 2014
Math is important for critical thinking, problem solving and finances.
You don't need math but you count money, spend money, make investment, make projection.
You don't need math but you want to remember people's birthday and clock.
You don't need math but you want to do quantitative research.
You don't need math but you want to do nairabet.
You want to make profit in business you should understand math.
You don't need math because you are an art or science person, math is important for every one.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by sambisa5: 6:56am On Sep 22, 2014
eleojo23: Maths is important for critical thinking

you r very correct.......

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by tuffgongjo(m): 6:57am On Sep 22, 2014
iceberylin: Its barely important for Science Students...

Wonder when w'll stop searching for "X" embarassed
when y"all stop breathing.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by topshore(f): 6:59am On Sep 22, 2014
Maths/Stat is necessary for data gathering and interpretation as well as reporting of facts and figures by an Investigative Journalist truh table, charts and graphs.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 22, 2014
U rewrote it 6 times abi

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 22, 2014
I don't know much about the Arts...but some fine artists use mathematical concepts in their work.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by ayowole21(m): 7:02am On Sep 22, 2014
Actually i thought my choice of course in the university doesn't require doing mathematics, but i never knew the course is fully mathematics and physics. Come and see how we use mathematics to run models and all sought of....... at first i find it very difficult but i have no choice than to embrace it. Thank God i didn't let my guard down cos I'll be a graduate in less than a month time. great Futarians

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 22, 2014
bigtt76: To calculate your salaray naaa grin

Exactly! grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Princesschi(f): 7:03am On Sep 22, 2014
I'm impatiently waiting for d day wen people would start using '2x-3y = y' in real life.

Whoever invented maths...hmm no comment sha

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by Skynet247(m): 7:04am On Sep 22, 2014
I finished secondary school... With greater hates for maths... Infact if maths were human being... My breathing alone will kill him, if he stays close to me... Not until later in life... I hadto undergo some forex,binary,penny stocks... Mathematics... Oboy i nearly went mad cus my cash was going and i dont understand a bit of what is happening... Nobody tould me to be a guru in mathematics... If you dnt learn it now... Somebody in the future will definitely use it to bycott some of your cash... And you will still be telling him thank you... Know why? Brcause you dont know anything in maths

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? by tuffgongjo(m): 7:05am On Sep 22, 2014
Raxxye: It will help the art students calculate the price of their art works!
LMFAO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of Ebute Meta Primary School, August 2014 / You Think You Know Maths ? Try This. / UNIZIK 2017/2018 Departmental Cut Off Marks And Points

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.