Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,018 members, 7,956,772 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:35 PM

She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own (33927 Views)

This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax / The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by dBard: 7:33am On Sep 30, 2014
Becalm: Most ladies are always proud of their wedding ring though few are indifferent about it. If she stopped because her husband does not wear his ting is immaturity on her part. I do not wear mine for reasons I communicated to my wife while dating and yet she refused to understand.She stopped wearing hers and I pretended not to notice and was never bothered at all. Eight months later, she started wearing her ring again thinking that removing hers was going to spite me.

Reminds me of a story I heard during my 9weeks marriage counseling class of a wife who set out t revenge on her husband f wat he was doing to (spite) her only t find out he wasn't doing it intentionally nor even aware of hw it was affecting her.
ppl have totally forgotten its 2 to become 1 , n carry dier 'self' with d pride, ego n all t d union leading t situations like dis post.
I personally think d lady in question is immature n
if dey ain't careful, they are headin f d rocks.

..and for all the resident 'Supporters Club members'.......2 WRONGS DONOT MAKE A RIGHT.
esp not in marriage
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 30, 2014
hisableplc: It simply shows the ring is not important than the essence of the union. learn and be wise marriage is not tied to the ring but the WORD

#The Spoken Word- ur agreement/covenant
#The Written WORD-The Bible
#The Word Personified-Jesus

#Team Christlikemarriage
if marriage is not tied to the ring then her taking off her ring shouldnt mean anything then

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 30, 2014
Smooyis: Una no like d woman at all. Equal rights na him dey spoil marriage. Let her continue to everything the husband does. Story go soon burst.
if he knew what his marriage meant he would try to protect it, its better it bursts if its just one person trying to save it and the other simply isnt bothered
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mondisweets: if he knew what his marriage meant he would try to protect it, its better it bursts if its just one person trying to save it and the other simply isnt bothered

You seem to know more about the story than the OP.

The OP stated that the marriage is young.
The OP implied that she found it unusual for the "friend" to go around without her ring
The OP stated that the "friend" confirmed that she did not care if other men made advances to her because she is not wearing her ring.
THE OP DID NOT STATE THE MAN'S REASONS FOR DUMPING THE RING. This could be genuine or otherwise
The OP stated that when she asked her "WHY?" she said it was because her husband was not wearing his

Are you the friend in question? wink

I am shocked that as a fellow woman you have not advised the OP to find out these:

Why her husband is not wearing his ring to test the validity or otherwise.
Why she feels upset about this development
Why she chose the tit for tat method of conflict resolution (which many including myself have condemned as childish and petty)

Rather you have continued to suggest that if the ring is insignificant to the man, then it could also be the same for the woman. Your approach seems to be a bit of "daggers drawn-if you do-I do same" counter-measures diplomacy as if home is a boxing ring where one party throws a punch then the other responds likewise....it is called a home ..not a battlefield. Your defence is a recipe for a turbulent marriage I dare say.

Mondisweets:
he treated it like something insignificant, so why should she make it significant?

Do you think such approach resolves problems or escalates it. I ask again...tell us because there are younger women reading all these who might get swayed by such vindictive manner of reasoning and end up damaging beautiful relationships rather finding a common sense resolution to simple issues.

I am indeed happy that your views are in the minority. There is hope!

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Smooyis(m): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mondisweets: if he knew what his marriage meant he would try to protect it, its better it bursts if its just one person trying to save it and the other simply isnt bothered
If she loves her hubby she would continue to do the right things notwithstanding her husband attitude. Wearing the wedding ring is symbolic no doubt, but it does not mean one is committed or faithful in the marriage, and not wearing it does not mean the contrary. Two wrongs can never make a right. Ile oko, ile eko ni meaning marriage is another school!
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
Smooyis: If she loves her hubby she would continue to do the right things notwithstanding her husband attitude. Wearing the wedding ring is symbolic no doubt, but it does not mean one is committed or faithful in the marriage, and not wearing it does not mean the contrary. Two wrongs can never make a right. Ile oko, ile eko ni meaning marriage is another school!
if the bolded is the case then it shouldnt be a problem whether she is or is not wearing it then smiley

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
1stCitizen:

Do you think such approach resolves problems or escalates it. I ask again...tell us because there are younger women reading all these who might get swayed by such vindictive manner of reasoning and end up damaging beautiful relationships rather finding a common sense resolution to simple issues.

I am indeed happy that your views are in the minority. There is hope!

if it makes you sleep at night keep preaching all manner of nonsense u can think of, if thats what nurses you little ego. If you are a head of the house and u want to be treated with respect, you lead by example.
Whatever chaos you create after that can only be blamed on your irresponsiblity. Its the man's duty to protect his marriage and family, if he fails consequences follow.

A reasonable man would know that there is something wrong with not wearing his wedding ring and he would know such behaviour would affect his wife.

If it was a so called beautiful relationship, why in the hell would she remove the ring too? Lets use common sense here. Yes let the younger ones read this, they should never for a second become slaves of misery all in the name of marriage. You came into this world alone and you will leave alone, you should under no circumstances leave a lonely and misery life in private, simply because you want society to think you are in a happy marriage. Life is too short for that.

If a man loves you and he is committed to you he would do the right thing! He wont have to wait to be asked to do so. Biko, i was raised by man who is loyal and committed to his wife, through the good and bad times. I grew up seeing what is expected of a loving and caring husband.

People like you just try to make women feel like marriage is a prison, once you are in there is no way out, you take it whatever is thrown at you, whether it make u miserable or not. If you weren't raised by a man who knows and performs his role in his marriage, then i would understand very well why you reason the way you do.

If you know 2 wrongs never make a right, then try avoid being wrong at all costs if u want to protect your marriage. Its a simple as that. You cannot call yourself a good captain when you cause your own shipwreck.

5 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mondisweets:
if it makes you sleep at night keep preaching all manner of nonsense u can think of, if thats what nurses you little ego. If you are a head of the house and u want to be treated with respect, you lead by example.
Whatever chaos you create after that can only be blamed on your irresponsiblity. Its the man's duty to protect his marriage and family, if he fails consequences follow.

I have highlighted the sentence "Its the man's duty to protect his marriage" to expose the fallacies of your sad arguements. I hope you understand the implication and contradictions of that statement.

Mondisweets:
A reasonable man would know that there is something wrong with not wearing his wedding ring and he would know such behaviour would affect his wife.

If every "reasonable man" like you put it has behaved unreasonably in your opinion, what is the best method to get him back to his senses? Your method? I can safely assume with caution what your home will be like with such mindset.

Mondisweets:
If it was a so called beautiful relationship, why in the hell would she remove the ring too? Lets use common sense here. Yes let the younger ones read this, they should never for a second become slaves of misery all in the name of marriage. You came into this world alone and you will leave alone, you should under no circumstances leave a lonely and misery life in private, simply because you want society to think you are in a happy marriage. Life is too short for that.

Marriage is not a master and slave institution. Get it out of your head else you start picking a fight with a good man for no reason. Both parties have a responsibility of making themselves happy by resolving issues such as this with maturity, love and a bit of compromise.

Mondisweets:
If a man loves you and he is committed to you he would do the right thing! He wont have to wait to be asked to do so. Biko, i was raised by man who is loyal and committed to his wife, through the good and bad times. I grew up seeing what is expected of a loving and caring husband.

I see you were raised by a perfect being who did no wrong. That says it all. Perfection is an illusion my dear! (I doubt the veracity of what you wrote going by your daggers drawn attitude towards marriage WHICH EXHIBITS SO MUCH ANGER AND FRUSTRATION.)

Mondisweets:
People like you just try to make women feel like marriage is a prison, once you are in there is no way out, you take it whatever is thrown at you, whether it make u miserable or not. If you weren't raised by a man who knows and performs his role in his marriage, then i would understand very well why you reason the way you do.

On the contrary my dear. I was raised by a mortal unlike you. He made mistakes, I make many more. I have been loved by a woman for 18 years who switches from the position of a mother, sister, friend and counsellor like I do too. We correct our mistakes and learn from them. We communicate, we compromise, we learn everyday, and most importantly...WE DO NOT FEEL IMPRISONED as there is no need for that. We are imperfect but we strive to create a home and not a battlefield as you preach. Do we have challenges? Yes! Are we happy. Hell YES smiley smiley smiley

Mondisweets:
If you know 2 wrongs never make a right, then try avoid being wrong at all costs if u want to protect your marriage. Its a simple as that. You cannot call yourself a good captain when you cause your own shipwreck.

In a boat there is a captain and a first-mate that mirrors the position of a husband and wife. The duty of the captain is ensure the safety of the ship,occupants and follow the owners instructions, while the first mate is there to assist, guide and advice and even take full control when required.

If the captain is sleeping on duty, the first-mate assumes control and NOT SLEEP as well. It is an easy harmonious arrangement, both complement each other. WHEN THEY ARE VINDICTIVE or are PETTY like you preach, what happens to the ship?

Happiness my dear is your responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Smooyis(m): 3:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mondisweets: if the bolded is the case then it shouldnt be a problem whether she is or is not wearing it then smiley
U are funny sha. lol. I hope u are just joking.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by beeevan: 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2014

God bless you for this post kiss.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by texanomaly(f): 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
youngalex: I was suprised to hear she is married wit a kid I asked why she didn't have the ring on at least to scare guys away she said she is not scaring anybody that she doesn't feel like wearing it any longer..I further asked why she said the husband wore it last 10months ago..She is just 2years in marriage..D you think she is right?

Unfortunately wearing a wedding ring does not always "scare" people off. I feel it is a sign of commitment to wear it. I doesn't sound like either of them cares much about their marriage anymore.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by beeevan: 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mondisweets:

Please be a preacher embarassed .
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by touchmeder: 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
adebayour26: That wedding is doomed to crash if both of them cannot just bury their ego especially that woman.
no it won't crash, so many married folks without a ring. @op mind your business
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
beeevan:

Please be a preacher embarassed .
cheesy embarassed

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
1stCitizen:
I see you were raised by a perfect being who did no wrong. That says it all. Perfection is an illusion my dear! (I doubt the veracity of what you wrote going by your daggers drawn attitude towards marriage WHICH EXHIBITS SO MUCH ANGER AND FRUSTRATION.)

i already said in good and bad times, where did i mention it was perfect all the times? Again, misinterpreting me just to suit your argument, but anyway since its not the kind of environment you grew up in, i would expect you to understand.

On the contrary my dear. I was raised by a mortal unlike you. He made mistakes, I make many more. I have been loved by a woman for 18 years who switches from the position of a mother, sister, friend and counsellor like I do too. We correct our mistakes and learn from them. We communicate, we compromise, we learn everyday, and most importantly...WE DO NOT FEEL IMPRISONED as there is no need for that. We are imperfect but we strive to create a home and not a battlefield as you preach. Do we have challenges? Yes! Are we happy. Hell YES smiley smiley smiley

The bolded confirms i have been wasting my time quoting you back, someone who is wise would avoid the mistakes he saw being made by others so that history won't repeat itself smiley

If the captain is sleeping on duty, the first-mate assumes control and NOT SLEEP as well. It is an easy harmonious arrangement, both complement each other. WHEN THEY ARE VINDICTIVE or are PETTY like you preach, what happens to the ship?
In case you didnt know a captain will be held liable for whatever unfavourable circumstances he finds himself in where he sleeps during a time he is supposed to be up and alert. There is a time to sleep and there is time to make sure u play your role, when you sleep whilst you are supposed to be on duty, expect a disaster.
Im done here.

4 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mondisweets:
i already said in good and bad times, where did i mention it was perfect all the times? Again, misinterpreting me just to suit your argument, but anyway since its not the kind of environment you grew up in, i would expect you to understand.

Given your childish,intellectually deficient and frustrated outbursts prescribing vindictiveness which are stated in your comments on this thread, one cannot only confirm how you were nurtured but also how you live or will do. Trying to wear the same trouser with a man when there is no trouser to wear. Fighting for rights no one took from you in the first place.

Mondisweets:
The bolded confirms i have been wasting my time quoting you back, someone who is wise would avoid the mistakes he saw being made by others so that history won't repeat itself smiley

Even Solomon in all his wisdom made mistakes. Show me he or she who does not mistakes and I will show you a liar. Stop being quixotic.

Mondisweets:
In case you didnt know a captain will be held liable for whatever unfavourable circumstances he finds himself in where he sleeps during a time he is supposed to be up and alert. There is a time to sleep and there is time to make sure u play your role, when you sleep whilst you are supposed to be on duty, expect a disaster.
Im done here.

Please lets engage what you wrote above intellectually. The captain is not above mistakes, nobody is. If he sleeps the first-mates takes control.
For your information both the captain and first share responsibility for the ship that is why a first-mate can take control of a ship if the captain is making the wrong perilous decisions. You are contradicting yourself and doing so very poorly

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
1stCitizen:

Given your childish,intellectually deficient and frustrated outbursts prescribing vindictiveness which are stated in your comments on this thread, one cannot only confirm how you were nurtured but also how you live or will do. Trying to wear the same trouser with a man when there is no trouser to wear. Fighting for rights no one took from you in the first place.

Its not my fault i have a well to do father, i see as a role model tongue like i said keep nursing your little ego with whatever nonsense u want to preach, even being verbose will not make u look any more intelligent. Its usually what insecure people do to make themselves feel smarter anyway so i don't blame you grin

Even Solomon in all his wisdom made mistakes. Show me he or she who does not mistakes and I will show you a liar. Stop being quixotic.
who ever argued that human beings make mistakes, i only said only a fool will not learn from the mistakes other made, in order to make sure history doesn't repeat itself

Please lets engage what you wrote above intellectually. The captain is not above mistakes, nobody is. If he sleeps the first-mates takes control.
For your information both the captain and first share responsibility for the ship that is why a first-mate can take control of a ship if the captain is making the wrong perilous decisions. You are contradicting yourself and doing so very poorly
Mr-trying-to-appear-smart bottom line is, if u do what you are supposed to do as a captain you completely avoid the disaster completely, thats the reason why you are made captain in the first place. Just because he was negligent and he didnt perform his duty, it will not evade him from liability for whatever happens after that. Insulting me will not make you look any intelligent, in case you didn't know.

4 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mondisweets:

Its not my fault i have a well to do father, i see as a role model tongue like i said keep nursing your little ego with whatever nonsense u want to preach, even being verbose will not make u look any more intelligent. Its usually what insecure people do to make themselves feel smarter anyway so i don't blame you grin

I have no apologies if you find my use of words a bit intimidating. There are many others here who don't and I would not blame you for that if you accept that you occupy the lower strata of use of English.

Mondisweets:
who ever argued that human beings make mistakes, i only said only a fool will not learn from the mistakes other made, in order to make sure history doesn't repeat itself.

Show me where you said that. I have a screen grab of your rantings. I am happy you are making attempts to correct your misadventure.

Mondisweets:
from the number of likes you are not getting on your posts, it should tell you how senseless your argument it smiley

How childish. Jeez!!! If only I knew better not condescend to the level of arguing with you. So this is all about likes. So how many have you counted so far? grin grin grin Hope you get a trophy for it.

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
1stCitizen:

I have no apologies if you find my use of words a bit intimidating. There are many others here who don't and I would not blame you for that if [size=14pt]you accept that you occupy the lower strata of use of English.[/size]
lol you would actually be intelligent if you were using the words in the right context. cheesy stop trying too hard, its really pathetic. I have seen more malapropism in your posts than i have seen in "The Rivals" itself

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mondisweets: lol you would actually be intelligent if you were using the words in the right context. cheesy stop trying too hard, its really pathetic. I have seen more malapropism in your posts than i saw in "The Rivals" itself

Madam "Likes" merchant

You are are too inconsequential for that. Show me where you got confused.For your information Strata means "level" and very much in the right context and just to let you know "Malapropism" has nothing to do with the context under which words are used but with confusing similarity in sounds. So next time you dive into the dictionary to try out a new word to impress nobody, try to check its meaning properly.

Off to give somebody special some quality time. ta ta!
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
Please if you want to look intelligent learn to use words in the right context first grin
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mondisweets: Please if you want to look intelligent learn to use words in the right context first grin

Yes! grin Like "Malapropism" grin grin grin
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
This two people above me are tired of arguing.
They wish someone could tell them to stop.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by sleekman(m): 5:50am On Oct 01, 2014
champion3: .....so you think what you posted now makes sense?
if u had sense u could have deduced d typo there. Lizard
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 01, 2014
1stCitizen:

Yes! grin Like "Malapropism" grin grin grin
if you know what a thesaurus is please help yourself by buying one grin
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by hisableplc(m): 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mondisweets: if marriage is not tied to the ring then her taking off her ring shouldnt mean anything then

i need her intentions y did she use d ring in d 1st place n wat is her motiv for removin it
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
When you exchange rings u give the other party saying take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity and to share the rest of my life with me. removing it means you devalue that union.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by maximiliano(m): 8:06am On Oct 06, 2014
NPGC urgently needs the services of young and swart graduate and undergraduate who possess the charisma to make impact. Interested candidate should send his/her name,qualification,location and phone number to 08036421610 . Pls the job is portharcourt rivers state

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

3 Most Important Things Men Think About - Bamisepeters' Blog / 10 Signs The Man Wooing You Has Another Woman/ May Be Married / Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.