Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own (33540 Views)

This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax / The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 29, 2014
zeb04:

So it is OK for you to come back 12 am but not your wife.......don't your wife have same right as you on everything.

Who is saying that? It is not okay to come late but there might be genuine reasons to do so and this applies to her as well but if she does that ONLY because I do it.........hehehehehehe! I can only laugh.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Smooyis(m): 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
cococandy: He's leading by example.
Wifey is a good follower kiss
Una no like d woman at all. Equal rights na him dey spoil marriage. Let her continue to everything the husband does. Story go soon burst.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
1stCitizen:

It is not illiteracy. It is a genuine case of mental disorder.

I take back my words. From the comments I read here. Illiteracy is part of it.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by mgolo(m): 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
adebayour26: That wedding is doomed to crash if both of them cannot just bury their ego especially that woman.

good point! This is not the way to change a man.
She should ask him why? If he is not convincing, let him.
A wise married woman who is still interested in having the man as her "head" not as a master though, would not approach a tit-for-tat method in resolving this delicate issue and many more will come up.
2 to 5 years are rather the make or break unless the husband does things that bodily damage the wife or psychologically threatning.

I guess she is still in ignorance unless she doesnt know, marriage is for the matured where both especially women need a lot patience...

Both of u cant be equals, its either u d woman is the leader or the man but nature tells who ought to be or tend to be (its against natural law....have u ever had 2 governors ruling a state in peace? Or two pilots steering same time?) unless the man is not respecting you or your life is threatened. Outside that, if u wont do oyinbo, then ignore such behavior.
Ring or no ring....men and women will be unfaithful if they wish!!!
(an advice from someone over 15yrs in d rocky business of staying married)
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
lastpage: BTW: The wife DID NOT give any REASON why the husband removed his Ring, in the post!

WHY is everyone now saying "The reason HE GAVE FOR REMOVING IT" ...is not GENUINE?

Where and How did anyone DEDUCE or MANUFACTURE such CONCLUSION?
shocked shocked

Hmmm..... I tire o! grin grin

Lastapge!

Not everybody has the luxury of being able to read here cheesy cheesy
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: i already gave an example of a valid reason, which is work. Stop twisting what i said to suit your argument.

Let me ask you one question. DO YOU CONSIDER DOING SOMETHING BECAUSE YOUR SPOUSE DOES IT a valid reason for doing this? Please note before you RUSH to answer that the man's reason was not given.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by freecocoa(f): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mintayo:
yes i know. Since they are both married ,whatever a man does,the woman should do the same too! You must have been an intelligent woman to have said that!
Please show me where I said, the woman should do whatever the man does.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by steppin: 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
Some of the arguments I read here, especially from the ladies are so wrong. If a husband does not wear his ring, the wife should do the same? If the husband cheats, the woman should do the same too? Two wrongs can never make a right! Besides, the man might have his reasons for not putting on the ring. I've never seen any ring on my father's finger ever since I was born. I asked him one day why he doesn't wear his wedding ring, he said his skin is allergic to any jewel. If he puts on anything metal on his body, it gives him skin rashes. Rings, necklaces and watches(leather, rubber or metal) were not his thing. So, if this man happens to have the same reaction, then what the wife is doing is wrong. But I believe their reasons for not putting it on is best known to them.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Mintayo(m): 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
freecocoa: Please show me where I said, the woman should do whatever the man does.
this is what you said!
freecocoa: What's the big deal? They both got married so if he doesn't wear the ring, why should she?
believe me,it speaks alot!
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
1stCitizen:

Let me ask you one question. DO YOU CONSIDER DOING SOMETHING BECAUSE YOUR SPOUSE DOES IT a valid reason for doing this? Please note before you RUSH to answer that the man's reason was not given.
the reason was "she saw no significance of it anymore.
youngalex: I was suprised to hear she is married wit a kid I asked why she didn't have the ring on at least to scare guys away she said she is not scaring anybody that she doesn't feel like wearing it any longer.. i further asked why she said the husband wore it last 10months ago..She is just 2years in marriage..D you think she is right?
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Godmystrength: 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
evea: Guys, dts bad. I feel we shld help d woman, she's going tru a lot nw. Frid 2 d woman, pls,give her gd advice 2 save d marriage. dts hw she will end up bn a single mum. We should learn to reduce d rate of single mum dan increasing it. As a gd Frid, it goes a long way to help. remember 2 wrong doesn't mk a right. let her wear her ring n beg God 4 4giveness n His help with Graces. Women, we should learn to bear with the men. sometimes, dey act lyk babies. tnx
for what sin?
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: the reason was "she saw no significance of it anymore.

"I further asked why she said the husband wore it last 10months ago"

You seem to be giving a different reason from what the OP is saying. Still waiting for the answer to the question directed at you
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
1stCitizen:

You seem to be giving a different reason from what the OP is saying.
she saw no need did since he didn't show the importance of it, how is that revenge? If you stop treating something likes its not important, expect the other person to do the same. That ring is a symbol of their love and commitment to one another, if he sees no significance of it, don't be shocked if the other spouse starts seeing it in the same light ( just a piece of jewellery with no significance) as time goes on.

If he didnt attack her or do anything wrong, why are u seeing it as revenge? undecided

In case u didnt know this is the meaning of revenge;

[size=14pt] REVENGE-the action of inflicting hurt or harm on someone for an injury or wrong suffered at their hands. [/size]

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by ebosse(m): 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
1stCitizen:

I beg to disagree with you on the latter. A lot of girls will go after married men when he wears a ring if they feel he can cater for their material needs.

On the other hand guys will go after any thing on skirts depending on the way they carry themselves (ring or no ring) A beautiful married lady scantily dressed, hobnobbing with the wrong crowd and talking like a 16 year old will definitely get men insulting her in the name of toasting.

Same point. I don't need to be precise about the cash aspect.Most Girls go after material things.they don't mind dating a(n) (un)married man, catholic priest or okija shrine priest if he could provide for them.

Ring or no ring a girl will go after a guy with cash.

Guys on the other hand are very selective. Y chase beyoncè ( beautiful & married ) when I can go after Nicki minaj ( beautiful & single)..

For example, I go to a bar I see two beautiful ladies with empty seats beside them.One with a ring on her finger, the other without! Guess the seat I'll pick? wink.. Yeah, you guessed right.

A beautiful 30 yr old MARRIED lady scantily dressed, hobnobbing with the wrong crowd and talking like a 16 yr old will definitely get men insulting her

A beautiful 30 yr old SINGLE lady scantily dressed, hobnobbing with the wrong crowd and talking like a 16 yr old will definitely get men drooling over her.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Fernandinho: 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
Why all these fuss? Some people even wear their wedding rings while committing adultery.. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Agrika: 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
steppin: Some of the arguments I read here, especially from the ladies are so wrong. If a husband does not wear his ring, the wife should do the same? If the husband cheats, the woman should do the same too? Two wrongs can never make a right! Besides, the man might have his reasons for not putting on the ring. I've never seen any ring on my father's finger ever since I was born. I asked him one day why he doesn't wear his wedding ring, he said his skin is allergic to any jewel. If he puts on anything metal on his body, it gives him skin rashes. Rings, necklaces and watches(leather, rubber or metal) were not his thing. So, if this man happens to have the same reaction, then what the wife is doing is wrong. But I believe their reasons for not putting it on is best known to them.
Has it ever occured to you that some ladies are like that too...some just don't like jewellery

3 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Agrika: 1:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
Fernandinho: Why all these fuss? Some people even wear their wedding rings while committing adultery.. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Tell them

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by freecocoa(f): 1:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mintayo:
this is what you said!

believe me,it speaks alot!
It says a lot because you want to believe a lot, I'm only responsible for what I said, what you choose to hear/believe is solely on you.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by freecocoa(f): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
Smooyis: Una no like d woman at all. Equal rights na him dey spoil marriage. Let her continue to everything the husband does. Story go soon burst.
Story go burst and then wetin go come happen?

Like say na by force to stay or even get married, I just pity all those women who believe they are nothing without a husband, that's the only reason why even the biggest a$$holes in form of men treat women anyhow and expect to be worshiped in return,mschew, rabbish.

4 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets:

[size=14pt] REVENGE-the action of inflicting hurt or harm on someone for an injury or wrong suffered at their hands. [/size]

cheesy cheesy cheesy Not all acts of revenge are meant to cause harm. If you view the whole concept of revenge holistically, it is meant to cause satisfaction by getting back at someone with or without their knowledge for things done to you.

The fact that you have copied and pasted a dictionary meaning which dwelt on the basics and then based a rigid argument on same speaks so much. I will say no more. Chai!!!
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Not all acts of revenge are meant to cause harm. If you view the whole concept of revenge holistically, it is meant to cause satisfaction by getting back at someone with or without their knowledge for things done to you or you wrongly presume they have done, whether harm is caused or not.

The fact that you have copied and pasted a dictionary meaning which dwelt on the basics and then based a rigid argument on same speaks so much. I will say no more. Chai!!!
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by akpanbaba: 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
This is what we call"MARRIED BUT STILL SEARCHING".Or they still have issues to sort out with their ex-s
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Jay5000(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
The most likely reason she took it off is because she wants to get some. It's a well known fact that rings protect women from 85% of preying men. The stats are reversed in the case of men with rings, so it's pretty obvious why she took hers off. Her cover story is just a silly excuse. It would have been better to say she wants to get some because she thinks her husband is cheating or something. The way I see it, they'll be lucky to last another year together, especially as divorce is no longer a big deal in 9ja. Gdluck to them
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by bellong: 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
darlenese:

U sound like someone who is cohabiting with a man, pls ask him to take u to the Altar, then u'll knw what a wedding ring means

Before I take to your advice and tell my cohabiting half to take me to the altar, could you please tell me what that, piece of small round metal called wedding ring means?

I will greatly appreciate your response and lecture from your wealth of wisdom.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by hisableplc(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
It simply shows the ring is not important than the essence of the union. learn and be wise marriage is not tied to the ring but the WORD

#The Spoken Word- ur agreement/covenant
#The Written WORD-The Bible
#The Word Personified-Jesus

#Team Christlikemarriage
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Mintayo(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
freecocoa: It says a lot because you want to believe a lot, I'm only responsible for what I said, what you choose to hear/believe is solely on you.
Going defensive,that is what they say at the end of the day! But they forget that they may be misleading some "young" minds!
Its okay.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by bellong: 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
bukatyne:

A married man cohabiting with another man

Bellong I never knew you swing both ways grin

Have you forgotten there is a specie termed hermaphrodite?

cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

moca: Hehehee cheesy
Bellong has suffered cheesy
So Mr B, u r gay kwa?
tongue cheesy

Hmmm, I smell the voice of YPP here.... Are you?

Na so we see am oo....
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by soundcraft: 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
We don't wear ring from the day one of marriage and we are okay with it.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
bellong:

Have you forgotten there is a specie termed hermaphrodite?

cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

Hmmm, I smell the voice of YPP here.... Are you?

Na so we see am oo....
Guilty as charged chief priest tongue kiss
Hope we are all good? wink
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by obidiegwujane10(f): 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
y will the husband stop wearing the ring? it may be to make other girls feel he is not married in other to get easy access to girls

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by bellong: 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
moca:
Guilty as charged chief priest tongue kiss
Hope we are all good? wink

We are all fine...

Good to have you back....

How was the sabbatical?

remains Ewuro...
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
By d way, this ring thing sef.
Is it diamond studded?
Why d bluhahaha? tongue tongue

If i will be giving diamond ring, i will consider wearing maybe kiss tongue

Of all d marital problems to tackle its ring this ring that.
Too much time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"My Husband Buys Chicken From Fastfood, Eats Alone, Hides Payment Receipts" / "How My Friend Tried To Destroy My Matrimonial Home" - Woman Reveals / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.