Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,659 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own (33518 Views)

This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax / The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by hardbody: 9:59am On Sep 29, 2014
berem: you call it silly metal? A symbol of union blessed by an ordained man of God is what you call a silly metal?

Smh

I thought it was the union and not the ring that is blessed. Anyways, i dont even believe in those ur MOG. I can imagine the number of unions blessed by Oyakhilome and the living proof and example he is setting with the ring glued on his fourth finger. Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by lastpage: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2014
BTW: The wife DID NOT give any REASON why the husband removed his Ring, in the post!

WHY is everyone now saying "The reason HE GAVE FOR REMOVING IT" ...is not GENUINE?

Where and How did anyone DEDUCE or MANUFACTURE such CONCLUSION?
shocked shocked

Hmmm..... I tire o! grin grin

Lastapge!

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by miqos02(m): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2014
youngalex: I was suprised to hear she is married wit a kid I asked why she didn't have the ring on at least to scare guys away she said she is not scaring anybody that she doesn't feel like wearing it any longer..I further asked why she said the husband wore it last 10months ago..She is just 2years in marriage..D you think she is right?
i dropped my ring the day after my marriage, no big deal
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Lathunjimi(m): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: you want to apply " manners" that you cant display in your own posts. I agree with you its a pity God gave knowledge to foolish people who are first to preach what they don't practice

I'm sorry if all that got you offended, but why only you of all the ladies on NL got furious about my comment, then something must be wrong "no comment" but sorry again if that touched the wrong bone in you. No intentions to hit on ladies...

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
When married men after showing you their rings, picture of their wives and kids will still be toasting you.
Na only God go save us.
lool...atleast they have established the fact that they have a wife and kids at home so d lady doesnt start unconsciously planning a wedding in her head.

@post....i think part of the reason why some couples drop their wedding band is cos they dont buy durable ones to begin with. They wear it for a month and the color changes. I have this special respect for couples who wear their bands
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by aperture11: 10:26am On Sep 29, 2014
That marriage is a disaster waiting to happen. It won't be long before they add to the divorce statistics.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by olaayodele(m): 10:33am On Sep 29, 2014
The husband must be a flirt and secondly he loves someone else more than her. Wedding ring is a thing of pride, The husband is ashamed of being a married man,If you are ashamed of being a married woman don't wear the ring.A married man or woman is looked upon in the society as being a responsible fellow

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Jewelbaby01(f): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2014
cococandy: Leaders don't dictate.
Only bad rulers do.
So choose the one you want to be.
A bad ruler or a good leader.

'Wisely' can't be used to describe a man who removes his wedding ring while expecting wifey to wear hers.
If he's not a proud husband,then he better call it quits.
What's he hiding? His marital status?

If they agreed to wear rings,then he better put the damn thing on and stop being silly.
thanks sweetheart, u said my mind. If he's really proud being married 2 her, he'll never take off his ring. If he really loves her, he'll wear it just 2 make her happy, God will never let such men come 2 us anyway.

4 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Ilovenigeria(f): 10:57am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: undecided you are not making any sense, has every woman you walked up to simply said yes because u toasted her? Every woman decides if a relationship will exist or it will be non-exsistent. She has the power to reject the advances or accept them

And you are the one making hundred percent sense, clap for yourself.
When you see a guy stalking a woman with a ring on her finger what comes to your mind? Just be sincere...Stuffs like like...why is this boy disturbing a married woman, cant he see her ring, that woman should slap him, is he crazy somebody's wife, compare it with when there is no ring on her finger....then the guy is not to be blamed.
Me as a young girl most times get tired of men stalking me talk more of a married woman tufiaaaakwa.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:01am On Sep 29, 2014
Treasuredlove: lool...atleast they have established the fact that they have a wife and kids at home so d lady doesnt start unconsciously planning a wedding in her head.

@post....i think part of the reason why some couples drop their wedding band is cos they dont buy durable ones to begin with. They wear it for a month and the color changes. I have this special respect for couples who wear their bands
Lol ....you are right.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 29, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

And you are the one making hundred percent sense, clap for yourself.
When you see a guy stalking a woman with a ring on her finger what comes to your mind? Just be sincere...Stuffs like like...why is this boy disturbing a married woman, cant he see her ring, that woman should slap him, is he crazy somebody's wife, compare it with when there is no ring on her finger....then the guy is not to be blamed.
Me as a young girl most times get tired of men stalking me talk more of a married woman tufiaaaakwa.

you decided to misinterpret my post and for some reason u are the clever one, highlight where i stated i was referring to married women. Learn to read posts to undestand them before responding instead of just quoting other people just to make senseless rants. I was referring to women in general undecided

5 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Amhappy(f): 11:06am On Sep 29, 2014
This couple are not serious. Wearing your wedding ring gives you some degree of respect.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Misogynist2014(m): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2014
JayKaba: I have been married 13 years and stopped wearing my wedding ring since our first year of marriage. I hate rings, chains and any form of jewelry. Use of wedding ring is a western culture (it's not even biblical). It doesn't add or remove anything from your marriage. If the lady in question decides to take off her ring because her husband removed his, then I say "all well & good". So long as they remain faithful to each other.
Ring is a means of nonverbal communication, that tells the opposite sex that you are engaged and also helps as a reminder of your marital vows. Not biblically compulsory but necessary.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: if marriage is in the heart, why will the man be bothered if she takes off hers too undecided abi her ring now determines the marriage?

Because it is a thing of the mind, it does not matter whether any party wears it or not. You can wear on the outer part your body for the world to see when in the inside that the world does not see, you do not consider the sanctity of the institution.

The problem with this case is the lady is seeking revenge over a very trivial issue and seems too petty. If she does not wear it for other reasons....who cares.

Now if she reacts in this manner over a symbolic ring then what happens if there is something bigger?

Like someone even mentioned earlier, young girls these days prefer married men so they would not commit to the "financial help for sexual favours" relationship. It will do him no good removing the ring.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2014
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: you decided to misinterpret my post and for some reason u are the clever one, highlight where i stated i was referring to married women. Learn to read posts to undestand them before responding instead of just quoting other people just to make senseless rants. I was referring to women in general undecided
It will cost you nothing to argue without insults. I wonder why you are replying my senseless rants
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
It will cost you nothing to argue without insults. I wonder why you are replying my senseless rants
if you start something, best believe i will react to it. Don't expect to be shown respect where you dont show it yourself. Bye!

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 29, 2014
1stCitizen:

Because it is a thing of the mind, it does not matter whether any party wears it or not. You can wear on the outer part your body for the world to see when in the inside that the world does not see, you do not consider the sanctity of the institution.

The problem with this case is the lady is seeking revenge over a very trivial issue and seems too petty. If she does not wear it for other reasons....who cares.

Now if she reacts in this manner over a symbolic ring then what happens if there is something bigger?

Like someone even mentioned earlier, young girls these days prefer married men so they would not commit to the "financial help for sexual favours" relationship. It will do him no good removing the ring.

If the ring means nothing, it should be no issue when she removes her too either way. If its a trivial issue, then why would you think she is doing to revenge? She realised its not significant on her part to wear hers too, the same way he thought it was insignificant to wear his, thats that.

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets:

If the ring means nothing, it should be no issue when she removes her too either way. If its a trivial issue, then why would you think she is doing to revenge? She realised its not significant on her part to wear hers too, the same way he thought it was insignificant to wear his, thats that.

Did you even read what she wrote? She said she stopped wearing hers because he stopped wearing his. It is not the act that matters but the intention. Kindly read properly before rushing to comment.

Because a man comes late for whatever reason the woman too should for the single reason that the man comes home late start returning home after 12am. Wow!
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by 100Cents: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2014
temigracie: ***In Yoruba english***..... They are doing each other....

You are right.

Most ladies approach marriage and relationship with this " Do me, I do you " attitude.. I spot it from far and its repulsive.

Its illiteracy and mental disorder. They might soon break their relationship, because it won't be only in this area that they are beefing each other. Sort of competing to outsmart each other instead of complimenting each other..
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2014
1stCitizen:

Did you even read what she wrote? She said she stopped wearing hers because he stopped wearing his. It is not the act that matters but the intention. Kindly read properly before rushing to comment.

Because a man comes late for whatever reason the woman too should for the single reason that the man comes home late should start returning home after 12am. Wow!

he treated it like something insignificant, so why should she make it significant? If she has to come back home after 12am for a valid reason, then i dont see anything wrong with it. If he comes backs home late because he had work to do, she can't come back home late for the same reasons (which is work) too? undecided

Listen you need to stop treating real marriage like the marriages you see on nollywood where a woman will just sit, cry, pray and sing sad songs when she is being mistreated or abused. And don't compare them to your mother's generation because they tolerated abuse and neglect simply because they were desperate. They couldn't leave because they wouldn't be able to take care of themselves or their children, if they decided to leave. If thats the kind of woman, you want, they are many of those in your mother's generation that are still around, go for them instead
No one deserves to be abused or neglected simply because they don't have a pe.nis between their legs. If you want your marriage to work u don't mistreat or neglect your wife and still expect her to treat you with the respect and loyalty you don't deserve. Marriage is made up of 2 people and it requires 2 of them to make it work and not 1.

8 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 29, 2014
100Cents:

Its illiteracy and mental disorder.

It is not illiteracy. It is a genuine case of mental disorder.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:41am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: if you start something, best believe i will react to it. Don't expect to be shown respect where you dont show it yourself. Bye!
Nawaoooo. I have gone back to check my post and I still wonder where and how i disrespected you. Maybe you should do same.

Hiaaaa umu nwanyi!!! This one is aggressive argument.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 29, 2014
cococandy: He's leading by example.
Wifey is a good follower kiss
118 ladies here are wishing they were never married, hmmmm... Strange times
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by 100Cents: 11:44am On Sep 29, 2014
chaircover: They have deeper issues apart from the ring
OP I hope you werent toasting her o! cool

Its implied. To me, it was obvious..
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: If she has to come back home after 12am for a valid reason undecided

I have highlighted what you wrote so you can view your contradictions. I guess "because you do it, I will do same" ...is a valid reason. Jeez!!!!!!
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:46am On Sep 29, 2014
1stCitizen:

Because a man comes late for whatever reason the woman too should for the single reason that the man comes home late start returning home after 12am. Wow!
And that kind of woman doesn't care for reasons. The only thing in her head is revenge!!!
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by ebosse(m): 11:47am On Sep 29, 2014
jansie: Taking off the ring is just dishonorable and i don't blame the wife for following suit.

You made a valid point until you said "I don't blame the wife for following suit"... In other words if the man flog the skin off his child for misbehaving the wife should do the same any time the child misbehaves. If he slept with 7 different w'hores and she finds out she should do the same.. Na wa oh!!!!

Fact, 35%-50% of girls these days still go after married men knowingly (ring or no ring) while less than 2% of guys will approach a married woman knowingly. Probably the husband isn't paying attention anymore.we all know girls can't survive without it...
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by xtervaganza(m): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2014
I have a friend that doesn't wear his wedding ring and I'm 100% sure he's not the cheating type.

The guy is a hell of hardworking person and he doesn't wear wristwatches or rings .
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 29, 2014
1stCitizen:

I have highlighted what you wrote so you can view your contradictions. I guess "because you do it, I will do same" ...is a valid reason. Jeez!!!!!!
i already gave an example of a valid reason, which is work. Stop twisting what i said to suit your argument.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by zeb04(f): 11:51am On Sep 29, 2014
1stCitizen:

So it is OK for you to come back 12 am but not your wife.......don't your wife have same right as you on everything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 29, 2014
ebosse:

Fact, 35%-50% of girls these days still go after married men knowingly (ring or no ring) while less than 2% of guys will approach a married woman knowingly. Probably the husband isn't paying attention anymore.

I beg to disagree with you on the latter. A lot of girls will go after married men when he wears a ring if they feel he can cater for their material needs.

On the other hand guys will go after any thing on skirts depending on the way they carry themselves (ring or no ring) A beautiful married lady scantily dressed, hobnobbing with the wrong crowd and talking like a 16 year old will definitely get men insulting her in the name of toasting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores / Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? / A Nairalander's Grandma Needs Her Way Back Home - Help Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.