Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:17 PM

Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive (7533 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Am I Being Insensitive? / Ladies, How Do You Cope With Insensitive Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
TV01:
Ah!

To be honest, I'm not the most clued-up person about the geography of the SW - although I do know that Ota is in Ogun State - but whatever the distance, up to 8 hours I really don't understand that. And on a day that actually signifies rest?

TV
Ahmad Bello, VI to Canaanland, Otta is roughly 70 miles. Factor in the state of roads, other members from places like the Apapa, Amuwo Odofin axis, Ketu; basically every area of Lagos(members averaging 100,000 per sunday) and you begin to get the picture.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by pickabeau1: 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
TV01:
Ah!

To be honest, I'm not the most clued-up person about the geography of the SW - although I do know that Ota is in Ogun State - but whatever the distance, up to 8 hours I really don't understand that. And on a day that actually signifies rest?

TV

On a sunday.. that distance will be 1 hr 30 mins 2 hours max

Lekki - Ikoyi - 3rd MB - Ikeja -Iju - Ota

Its a distance though

However accidents can happen anywhere n im my opinion, its not the distance just that the distance is an exacerbating factor
Remember they have had family discussions on this issue

It could have well been Lekki to VI

Her attitude of stiffneckedness about this particular issue is the issue
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
bukatyne:

I understand where wifey was coming from though

Hubby not a christian is telling wifey not to go to a church she received her miracle.

She was not seeing the hubby's POV of safety

It is well

edwife: I really do not understand the kind of God we worship nowadays.Is it not God omnipresent?
If we truly know God,then things like this will be avoided.Why make a journey till infinity just to seek the face of Lord?Even in the comfort of your home,he is there with us.
I think the husband should temper justice with mercy and I hope this will serve a big lesson to women who think being stubborn is actually a right.

Do those people really seek the face of God or the face of man? Do they believe God ga?e them the child or do they think it was the prayer of a Pastor.

Most people worship man and not God!
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by greatgod2012(f): 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
@alutacontinua, sorry for asking o, when did you undergo gender change

@op, i don't want to apportion blames, but one thing i am sure of is that our GOD IS OMNIPRESENT.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
greatgod2012: @alutacontinua, sorry for asking o, when did you undergo gender change

lmaooooooooo @ sorry for asking cheesy
It wasn't that difficult to change, only took me 2 seconds. So, I figured why not? wink

[size=2pt]Don't tell anybody oo........I'm female[/size]
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
pickabeau1:

On a sunday.. that distance will be 1 hr 30 mins 2 hours max

Lekki - Ikoyi - 3rd MB - Ikeja -Iju - Ota

Its a distance though
I doubt you have made the journey. From Oshodi to Tollgate alone is nothing less than an hour. Tollgate to Canaanland is another matter on its own. Sunday is just 6days away, give it a try. Used to live at Iyana Iyesi which is 2miles from Canaanland and I've made 30minute to 1hour journeys on that stretch. Don't know much how they handle these days. But I assure you, I tell of what my eyes have seen and hands handled.

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by bukatyne(f): 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
Nashville:

Do those people really seek the face of God or the face of man? Do they believe God ga?e them the child or do they think it was the prayer of a Pastor.

It should be obvious by now that most Christians do not know anything about Christ or the Bible

A lot of man worship is in vogue now.

You will see all pastors in a mission mimicking the GO
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by edwife(f): 7:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
Nashville:

There you have it,man of of God has now became God,where did we go wrong? sad
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by pickabeau1: 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
freshdude2: I doubt you have made the journey. From Oshodi to Tollgate alone is nothing less than an hour. Tollgate to Canaanland is another matter on its own. Sunday is just 6days away, give it a try. Used to live at Iyana Iyesi which is 2miles from Canaanland and I've made 30minute to 1hour journeys on that stretch. Don't know much how they handle these days. But I assure you, I tell of what my eyes have seen and hands handled.

being a while i plied that route though.... its a distance.... but that in my opinion is not d issue
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by TV01(m): 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
alutacontinua:

You know I seriously stay away from arguments and epistles on NL but one out of one million times, there are lessons to learn on here. And the few times you see me say something serious, it's not me tryna show how much debating skills I possess or how insulting I can be, it's just me tryna learn something.

So, you can quit taking shots and let us discuss....can you?

Okay then sis bro...what are we discussing?

TV
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by bukatyne(f): 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
pickabeau1:

being a while i plied that route though.... its a distance.... but that in my opinion is not d issue

What did you think the issue was?
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
A baby died and people discuss other people's choice of church. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by TV01(m): 8:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
Nashville:

I so detest the veneration these so called MOG's engender.It's nothing short of idolotry. Add clinging to certain places as well. Nobody receives their miracle "in", you receive it "From"...and like edwife said, He is Omnipresent.

Well, the scriptures clearly reveal that the delusion is part of the plan. And God shows people that these people are not of Him by exposing their evil ways. Will they listen? Those who love the lie rather than the truth and are under the "strong delusion" will not.

TV
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by cococandy(f): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
They lost a child
Wife almost died.
Both husband and wife are traumatized.
Husband must be very angry and helpless
Wife must be doubly sorrowful and filled with regret and remorse wishing she could take back the hands of time.

In my opinion this is not the time to play the
I-TOLD-YOU-SO card.

3 Likes

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
TV01:

Okay then sis bro...what are we discussing?

TV

You talked about people having 'preference' as regards church as odd and if I read well, unbiblical! I tried to point out that with the no of churches springing out left, right and centre these days (most especially in our beloved country), one cannot be too careful!

If the church were to be who I am, I can as well lie down on my bed and call it my church!
For an introvert like moi, I'll probably even prefer that arrangement!
I'll rather see the church as who WE are, 'we' being the people, beliefs, faith, doctrines and God of a particular congregation!

Don't get me wrong, if your reason for going to a particular church is because of the Pastor that is there or not there, or your friends that are there or not there, or the food you eat or don't eat, or the position you hold or don't hold-then, that'll be a huge sign of spiritual immaturity.

Truth however, is we feel more comfortable in some places than the other (largely based on our spiritual convictions and doctrines, and even sometimes inspiration by the Holy Spirit).

2 Likes

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Amhappy(f): 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
The woman was wrong,i guess she is one of those that attach so much to a church or pastor and detest a change. I did that when i was quite younger. I think christains should learn to attach to Jesus,the Master only. However what happen was an accident,an unplanned, unpleasant event. At that point no one had control over it. Let the man go to his injured wife. She needs him now than ever. This is not the time to trade blames.

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
alutacontinua:

You talked about people having 'preference' as regards church as odd and if I read well, unbiblical! I tried to point out that with the no of churches springing out left, right and centre these days (most especially in our beloved country), one cannot be too careful!

If the church were to be who I am, I can as well lie down on my bed and call it my church!
I'll rather see the church as who WE are, 'we' being the people, beliefs, faith, doctrines and God of a particular congregation!

Don't get me wrong, if your reason for going to a particular church is because of the Pastor that is there or not there, or your friends that are there or not there, or the food you eat or don't eat, or the position you hold or don't hold-then, that'll be a huge sign of spiritual immaturity.

Truth however, is we feel more comfortable in some places than the other (largely based on our spiritual convictions and doctrines, and even sometimes inspiration by the Holy Spirit).

There is absolutely nothing with wanting to choose a pastor one likes to listen to.
If I get up on a Sunday and sit down in a church, I don't want to listen to any nonsense.

Back to the topic, I can understand the husband's reaction. I hope, his wife will soon recover. And I am very sorry for the family as a whole.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by pickabeau1: 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
bukatyne:

What did you think the issue was?

I've said it in earlier posts on this thread

My opinion though
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
That's the problem with our version of Christianity, everyone becomes inferior to the GO or " Daddy in the Lords" commands. They can jump, lie down kneel down and risk their lives for Go but for their own families they can deny. You will hear someone deny his mother, leave their spouse because their pastor said so. She is a silly woman, I can imagine the arguments they must have had, he would have raised the issue of risk and she will say its not her portion and accuse him of trying to break her faith who says faith is in any building? We rush to church every Sunday yet during the week days you can identify us by fruits of the spirit.

The food they won't cook for their husbands and family they will cook for pastors and priests,women change

Where is the church now in all these? Why are the parents the ones paying her hospital bill? Since attending one church is more important than the safety of her family then let her face it.

I don't blame the man, I have had this discussion with brain washed Christians so much to put myself in his shoes.

I pray she walks again but the man raised his objections she chose to damn them and face the consequence, you can't blame him for also making his own decision now.

May the baby's soul find peace with the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
@Aisha2

It's not necessarily about obsession with a church.

Having seen some Nigerian pastors and how they scream "Thunder may fire all your enemies, their families shall never prosper", I would rather drive an extra mile than waste my time around such shallow beings who teach anything but not Christ's legacy, like "You shall love your enemies".
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Acidosis(m): 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hmn, I have something different.

When a believer marries a non-believer, problems would always occur.

2 Likes

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe: This accident could have happened anywhere.
yes, it could have happened anywhere but it happened while she was going to where he warned her about going. You see what we keep telling you feminists about lack of submission which has cost the woman her son and her legs? Eve was not submissive to Adam, she ate the fruit without his consent. Adam had every right to abandon her the instance he noticed it but he stupidly played along with her cos he was afraid that God destroying Eve would see him returning to his lonely state forgetting the fact that God who created him from the dust and Eve from him still had the power to create another woman for him. The man in this case can't be blamed for whatever action he takes even if he decides to divorce her(I pray he forgives her though). Such a woman might not have learnt her lesson cos the spirit of stubbornness, gullibility and pastor worship is vested in her as if it was the church's building and not God that gave her the child. Cococandy sambarry andromida bananabender and the rest feminist, una no dey use eye see this kain thread o! Na ignore tinz grin
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by TV01(m): 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
alutacontinua:
The Church is the Body, the only preference should be to worship with other believers. There simply shouldn't be a preference.

If an elder in the church is indeed fraudulent, you'd be more likely to know that if you all worshipped in the local community - also a lot less likely to venerate him if you saw him in his daily travails, instead of only splendidly decked out every Sunday grin!

alutacontinua:
I am not saying you make the church on your own, but your presence along with other believers is what constitutes church. I don't see how you could have misread that? Does one fellowship alone?

alutacontinua:
For the former, it's as above, for the latter, biblically congregations were always by geography/location. You gather with believers in your community. Denominationalism is just part of the larger error and distraction. And even if one is a denom A and prefers to not worship with denom B, you willl still be able to do that locally - 6 hours drive? Why not make the round trip to Rome just to be sure - if you are a Catholic of course grin!

alutacontinua:
Which is what obtains for most - I have a relative who is devoted to church and will only worship at HQ because GO is there. If you read with understanding...you willl see that that model of church keeps you immature by design. True liberty in Christ will not make you a devotee of any man or tied to any church.

alutacontinua:
As above..."true liberty in Christ and a walk with Him will not make you a devotee of any man or tied to any religious institution...perhaps it's time to question those doctrines and convictions.

Christianity is not religion...and an arduous weekly round trip sounds very much like a pilgrimage.

TV
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by egopersonified(f): 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
diegs: . She was said to be attending winners because according to her she waited for 5years to have a child and she said it was because she was attending winners and shiloh

Back to square one. So sorry for the lost of the baby and a marriage that would otherwise have been fruitful and happy.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
TribalEAST: yes, it could have happened anywhere but it happened while she was going to where he warned her about going. You see what we keep telling you feminists about lack of submission which has cost the woman her son and her legs? Eve was not submissive to Adam, she ate the fruit without his consent. Adam had every right to abandon her the instance he noticed it but he stupidly played along with her cos he was afraid that God destroying Eve would see him returning to his lonely state forgetting the fact that God who created him from the dust and Eve from him still had the power to create another woman for him. The man in this case can't be blamed for whatever action he takes even if he decides to divorce her(I pray he forgives her though). Such a woman might not have learnt her lesson cos the spirit of stubbornness, gullibility and pastor worship is vested in her as if it was the church's building and not God that gave her the child. Cococandy sambarry andromida bananabender and the rest feminist, una no dey use eye see this kain thread o! Na ignore tinz grin

Go and read your Bible again.
I laugh in Mandarin.

Adam ate the apple on Eve's suggestion. He was weak, the woman's temptation was stronger.

Therefore women are stronger and therefore Carefreewannabe will teach you your lessons.

Say thank you!
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
bukatyne:

On top the fact that the wife did not listen to hubby?

We are not talking car was snatched or wallet stolen

A whole child was lost + wife almost gone.

That is too harsh

and so? Was she not warned.

Rubbish,once again,serves her right.

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
Yomieluv: and so? Was she not warned.

I don't think you understand what you are saying. A CHILD IS DEAD.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
cococandy: They lost a child
Wife almost died.
Both husband and wife are traumatized.
Husband must be very angry and helpless
Wife must be doubly sorrowful and filled with regret and remorse wishing she could take back the hands of time.

In my opinion this is not the time to play the
I-TOLD-YOU-SO card.
am glad you've seen what the lack of submissiveness can do.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by bukatyne(f): 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
pickabeau1:

I've said it in earlier posts on this thread

My opinion though

I didnot take note of it

Will go back to look for it
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by bukatyne(f): 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
Yomieluv: and so? Was she not warned.

Goodluck to you
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by bellong: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
bukatyne:

It should be obvious by now that most Christians do not know anything about Christ or the Bible

A lot of man worship is in vogue now.

You will see all pastors in a mission mimicking the GO

This ancient statement attached below is invaluable...

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
My main gripe with this story is that this woman was carrying this infant along with her on this unnecessary long journey... EVERY Sunday! In a country with notoriously unsafe roads?!! Let's not even get into the lack of use appropriate car safety restraints. If she felt spending 4-5 hrs on the road every Sunday was her ministry in life, she couldn't leave the child at home ni and spare him the miserable journeys? Abi, what exactly was this infant going to learn in Church at this age?

I can see how it would be very difficult for this marriage to be salvaged.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Single Mothers Experience / My Newly Married Wife Is A Lesbian...#i Need Your Advices / Kano Pays ₦10.000 Dowry Each For 100 Brides At Mass Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.