Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive (7409 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Am I Being Insensitive? / Ladies, How Do You Cope With Insensitive Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Go and read your Bible again.
I laugh in Mandarin.

Adam ate the apple on Eve's suggestion. He was weak, the woman's temptation was stronger.

Therefore women are stronger and therefore Carefreewannabe will teach you your lessons.

Say thank you!
grin grin grin eve was stronger cos she had acquired the knowledge of good and evil from which she got the power to tempt Adam. That doesn't mean eve was strong while adam was weak. Ok if una strong, how come na men dey rule this world? cool
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
TribalEAST: grin grin grin eve was stronger cos she had acquired the knowledge of good and evil from which she got the power to tempt Adam. That doesn't mean eve was strong while adam was weak. Ok if una strong, how come na men dey rule this world? cool

Which men? Nigerian men? Oh, please! grin
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by cococandy(f): 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
TribalEAST: am glad you've seen what the lack of submissiveness can do.
if only you can stop quoting me embarassed

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by bukatyne(f): 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
Acidosis: Hmn, I have something different.

When a believer marries a non-believer, problems would always occur.

Acidosis,

You funny

That was probably why the wifey did not want to leave Ota branch. If she & hubby was going to church together and he raised their relocating to another church/branch, she might have been more receptive to the suggestion

It is sad

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by pickabeau1: 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
bukatyne:

I didnot take note of it

Will go back to look for it

Ok
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't think you understand what you are saying. A CHILD IS DEAD.
I understood perfectly,the man's action is based on the dead child.

She was warned,so the man has the right to do whatever he likes.

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
bukatyne:

Goodluck to you

and to you too.

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
Yomieluv: I understood perfectly,the man's action is based on the dead child.

She was warned,so the man has the right to do whatever he likes.

Saying that it served a mother right TO LOSE A CHILD because she didn't listen to a husband is WRONG!

Does it make sense to you that a child is dead? Is it a just punishment for a woman who doesn't listen?
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Acidosis(m): 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
bukatyne:

Acidosis,

You funny

That was probably why the wifey did not want to leave Ota branch. If she & hubby was going to church together and he raised their relocating to another church/branch, she might have been more receptive to the suggestion

It is sad
If wifey had married a believer who goes to church, this sad event wouldn't have occured.

ALL BLAMES goes to Wifey. Even Bishop Oyedepo would never approve such marriage.

#The thought of ignoring the proposal of a rich lekki-based unbeliever smiley

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Stillfire: 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
I'm in support of the husband
aisha2: That's the problem with our version of Christianity, everyone becomes inferior to the GO or " Daddy in the Lords" commands. They can jump, lie down kneel down and risk their lives for Go but for their own families they can deny. You will hear someone deny his mother, leave their spouse because their pastor said so. She is a silly woman, I can imagine the arguments they must have had, he would have raised the issue of risk and she will say its not her portion and accuse him of trying to break her faith who says faith is in any building? We rush to church every Sunday yet during the week days you can identify us by fruits of the spirit.
The food they won't cook for their husbands and family they will cook for pastors and priests,women change
Where is the church now in all these? Why are the parents the ones paying her hospital bill? Since attending one church is more important than the safety of her family then let her face it.
I don't blame the man, I have had this discussion with brain washed Christians so much to put myself in his shoes.
I pray she walks again but the man raised his objections she chose to damn them and face the consequence, you can't blame him for also making his own decision now.
May the baby's soul find peace with the Lord.

You have said it all!
When ignorance and illiteracy is mixed with religion, oh dear run for your life from such persons.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
[quote author=Acidosis]
If wifey had married a believer who goes to church, this sad event wouldn't have occured.

ALL BLAMES goes to Wifey. Even Bishop Oyedepo would never approve such marriage.

#The thought of ignoring the proposal of a rich lekki-based unbeliever smiley[/quote

The man is a family friend. He used to go to church before he married but suddenly stopped after marriage.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by bellong: 9:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
Acidosis:

#The thought of ignoring the proposal of a rich lekki-based unbeliever smiley

You don't have the details to start blaming the woman for marrying him.

Probably they were both not believers before they got married.

In that situation, the bishop can't do nothing.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Acidosis(m): 9:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
I don't mean to digress but some just choose to risk their lives all because of "crowd mentality."

The same Bishop was cruising some days back. How I hate multitude! I can bet anything on the fact that no pastor from winners chapel care, grieve or mourn over the dead child.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Saying that it served a mother right TO LOSE A CHILD because she didn't listen to a husband is WRONG!

Does it make sense to you that a child is dead? Is it a just punishment for a woman who doesn't listen?

my saying serves her right is not based on her loosing the baby,but the action of the man,do you know how many times they would have argued over this,whatever action the man takes is justified.

For God's sake,am human who has human's feeling. I sympathize with the lost baby,but at times,disobedience is bad.

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lekki to Ota is just too far. She should have listen to her hubby. I had attended winners chapel before but as soon as we moved from the vicinity. I changed church cos it wouldn't have been easy on me. She should have been buying CD n books to listen to or watch the service online. That is what people outside the state do.

Forgiveness is the key but I doubt the man will want to forgive her cos he has lost a child due to her nonchalant attitude. He should forgive her but I must it ll be difficult to forgive.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Acidosis(m): 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
[quote author=diegs][/quote]
Hmn... I'll still direct all blames to wifey
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ceasar1: The man is being selfish. And he's slowly ripping apart the little left behind. sad

See, one can't begin to imagine the guilt and anguish traumatizing his wife. I mean she's definitely blaming herself and she's remorseful. It wasn't her will at all for this to happen. She lost a baby too and she's unfit. Am I the only one seeing that?...

Though on a clear note too, I'd agree she was irresponsible and stubborn. But nevertheless it's an accident. It could happen to anyone. Now isn't the time to point fingers. They ought to grief and console each other together. What's Life all about as a couple?...
you didnt know in the black people's community for better for worse only applies to the wife. All he is bothered by is that she wasn't submissive that's all, everything else can as well go to hell.

3 Likes

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Which men? Nigerian men? Oh, please! grin
nigerian men even run women more than their foreign counterparts.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
Yomieluv: my saying serves her right is not based on her loosing the baby,but the action of the man,do you know how many times they would have argued over this,whatever action the man takes is justified.

For God's sake,am human who has human's feeling. I sympathize with the lost baby,but at times,disobedience is bad.

Listen, everyone makes mistakes, everyone can have an accident, everyone can lose a loved person.

This is a family tragedy and not the time for submission and obedience debates.

3 Likes

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Acidosis(m): 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
bellong:

You don't have the details to start blaming the woman for marrying him.

Probably they were both not believers before they got married.

In that situation, the bishop can't do nothing.
Yea true,
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
TribalEAST: nigerian men even run women more than their foreign counterparts.

What else can they do? Their foreign counterparts are busy running the world. grin

3 Likes

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by freecocoa(f): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
No no no no.

The woman is at fault here, why attend church in a different state? That's like really I-dont-know-what-to-call-it, still the deed has been done.

It will take sometime but he should try and forgive her.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
Acidosis: Hmn, I have something different.

When a believer marries a non-believer, problems would always occur.
true

2 Likes

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
cococandy: if only you can stop quoting me embarassed
maybe when I become a feminiiists grin yuck grin yuck grin yuck grin
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Acidosis(m): 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
freecocoa: No no no no.

The woman is at fault here, why attend church in a different state? That's like really I-dont-know-what-to-call-it, still the deed has been done.

It will take sometime but he should try and forgive her.

Her God only reside in Otta na
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: you didnt know in the black people's community for better for worse only applies to the wife. All he is bothered by is that she wasn't submissive that's all, everything else can as well go to hell.

You are right. If it were to be the man. They would tell her to stick with the man and forgive him and move on

2 Likes

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Stillfire: 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
Submission ko, sobolation ni. This has nothing to do with submission abeg but the mental IQ of the wife. The woman must be a person of low mental assimilation to not have weighed the consequences and detected the rationale behind her partner informing her of the risks and endangerment she places herself. When they tell you people to marry intelligent wives, una no go gree. cool

5 Likes

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What else can they do? Their foreign counterparts are busy running the world. grin
shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by cococandy(f): 9:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
Or maybe when you grow up angry
TribalEAST: maybe when I become a feminiiists grin yuck grin yuck grin yuck grin
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: shocked grin

wink

Am just a truth teller. tongue

Truth hurts.

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

but we run africa na! Abi e never do? How many countries run the world? How many countries are behind nigeria in the pecking order? cool
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Listen, everyone makes mistakes, everyone can have an accident, everyone can lose a loved person.

This is a family tragedy and not the time for submission and obedience debates.

yes,everyone makes mistake,but there's always a reference to every action taking.

The man would have referred the accident to earlier warning he gave to the wife about the interstate traveling.

The action of the man would also be based on many things going on in the marriage,but using this as a springboard for his action.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? / Definition Of Marriage To You? / My Mum And I...i Wept The Whole Of Lastnite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.