Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,795 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:35 AM

Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive (7532 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Am I Being Insensitive? / Ladies, How Do You Cope With Insensitive Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Stillfire: Submission ko, sobolation ni. This has nothing to do with submission abeg but the mental IQ of the wife. The woman must be a person of low mental assimilation to not have weighed the consequences and detected the rationale behind her partner informing her of the risks and endangerment she places herself. When they tell you people to marry intelligent wives, una no go gree. cool
dumb women are too much in nigeria.*dem wan come catch me* grin
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
TribalEAST: but we run africa na! Abi e never do? How many countries run the world? How many countries are behind nigeria in the pecking order? cool

I can see how well you run Africa; so well that Africans are ready to kill themselves in overloaded boats to get to the promised land. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
Yomieluv: yes,everyone makes mistake,but there's always a reference to every action taking.

The man would have referred the accident to earlier warning he gave to the wife about the interstate traveling.

The action of the man would also be based on many things going on in the marriage,but using this as a springboard for his action.

I don't blame him.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by freecocoa(f): 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
Acidosis:

Her God only reside in Otta na
Ha! Na real wa o.

I just can't wrap my head around it, I honestly get how the man is feeling, it will take a whole lot to just forgive and let go in cases in like this.

Many people now worship man instead of God.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I can see how well you run Africa; so well that Africans are ready to kill themselves in overloaded boats to get to the promised land. grin grin grin

ask ghanaians, liberians, cote d'ivorians, togolese etc. We have the strongest political parties in africa, the best musicians and actors, resources, we excel in sports, we are smart etc. Don't hate on us cool
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Stillfire: Submission ko, sobolation ni. This has nothing to do with submission abeg but the mental IQ of the wife. The woman must be a person of low mental assimilation to not have weighed the consequences and detected the rationale behind her partner informing her of the risks and endangerment she places herself. When they tell you people to marry intelligent wives, una no go gree. cool

Daz all. cool
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
TV01:
The Church is the Body, the only preference should be to worship with other believers. There simply shouldn't be a preference.

If an elder in the church is indeed fraudulent, you'd be more likely to know that if you all worshipped in the local community - also a lot less likely to venerate him if you saw him in his daily travails, instead of only splendidly decked out every Sunday grin!

As per your first paragraph, I totally agree!
However, how many churches out there today are actually a body of TRUE BELIEVERS?
And no, if what I see on a Sunday does not point towards the fact that the elder lives a Christian life, why do I have to wait to watch what happens on weekdays? From the message of most elders, you can certainly deduce that you've missed road. Not to mention other things in a church that just totally makes you to know it's not the place to be.

I am not saying you make the church on your own, but your presence along with other believers is what constitutes church. I don't see how you could have misread that? Does one fellowship alone?

Agreed!

For the former, it's as above, for the latter, biblically congregations were always by geography/location. You gather with believers in your community. Denominationalism is just part of the larger error and distraction. And even if one is a denom A and prefers to not worship with denom B, you willl still be able to do that locally - 6 hours drive? Why not make the round trip to Rome just to be sure - if you are a Catholic of course grin!

As per the woman in op's story, I cannot really say, as Winners church, I believe is all over the country. However, I hope the real gospel of Christ does not get that scarce but if it does and I have to drive 6 hours to get spiritual nourishment, I'll gladly do it! People drive 6 hours every week cos of work, no?

Which is what obtains for most - I have a relative who is devoted to church and will only worship at HQ because GO is there. If you read with understanding...you willl see that that model of church keeps you immature by design. True liberty in Christ will not make you a devotee of any man or tied to any church

As I said earlier on, spiritual immaturity!
Which also has a place in Christianity. There would always be newborn babes in Christ.....does not make them bad, it means they are immature. Even in the Corinthian Church, some people preferred Paul, others Apollos! This was a church Apostle Paul established himself! Paul only had to correct their mindset, not criticize them! A few years ago, one of my uncles was transferred from his church branch to another branch as a Pastor. There was a particular woman in that church who was his convert that decided to also move to his new church with him (even though it meant more distance, and of course, money). All efforts to convince her otherwise proved abortive, she actually told him if she doesn't follow him, she'll stop coming altogether. Apparently, at that point, he left her alone and she actually did start attending his new branch. Fastforward almost 10 years later and this woman does not even belong to his denominatiom again, and yes, she's still in the faith (I believe). I'm sure if she even remembers now, she'll prolly laugh at her ignorance then.

My point? Such acts of clinging towards sentiments are acts of ignorance and immaturity, something about behaving like a child when you are a child, not reasons enough to criticize such people. It is almost natural for a woman to believe the person who gave her the miracle of a child after many years of trying and maybe places is her closest link to God. It takes maturity to get rid of such sentiment.

As above..."true liberty in Christ and a walk with Him will not make you a devotee of any man or tied to any religious institution...perhaps it's time to question those doctrines and convictions.

Christianity is not religion...and an arduous weekly round trip sounds very much like a pilgrimage.

I AGREE!

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
TribalEAST: ask ghanaians, liberians, cote d'ivorians, togolese etc. We have the strongest political parties in africa, the best musicians and actors, resources, we excel in sports, we are smart etc. Don't hate on us cool

I hate NOBODY!
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by pickabeau1: 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
Acidosis:
Hmn... I'll still direct all blames to wifey

Even with the fact that he was a church goer previously you still persist on blaming the woman for marrying an unbeliever?
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
TribalEAST: ask ghanaians, liberians, cote d'ivorians, togolese etc. We have the strongest political parties in africa, the best musicians and actors, resources, we excel in sports, we are smart etc. Don't hate on us cool
your political leaders are so strong that they can steal billions right underneath your noses and you will never know of find out how they did it grin this is what you call running Africa abi cheesy please keep quiet. Your strengths can only be seen in your ability to change the lives of others for the good not the other way round undecided
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't blame him.

for now,the man's action is justified,with time,he would get over it,and come to his sense,except there's more to the marriage.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
Yomieluv: for now,the man's action is justified,with time,he would get over it,and come to his sense,except there's more to the marriage.

I never said I don't understand him.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by freecocoa(f): 9:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
pickabeau1:

Even with the fact that he was a church goer previously you still persist on blaming the woman for marrying an unbeliever?
This is not a matter of believer or unbeliever, whatever happened to listening to the voice of reason?
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by bellong: 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
Aluta... You understood TV very well..

Chop knuckles... cheesy cheesy
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by pickabeau1: 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
freecocoa: This is not a matter of believer or unbeliever, whatever happened to listening to the voice of reason?

Actually I was referring to acidosis who is still intent on blaming her for marrying someone who is not going to church.

On reason... this could have happened in the same lekki.stats shows more acccidents occur within 10 minutes from home
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Listen, everyone makes mistakes, everyone can have an accident, everyone can lose a loved person.

This is a family tragedy and not the time for submission and obedience debates.

On the contrary, this is the proper time for such debates. What would you have us do, mourn? The best we can do is empathise and sympathise.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Acidosis(m): 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
freecocoa: Ha! Na real wa o.

I just can't wrap my head around it, I honestly get how the man is feeling, it will take a whole lot to just forgive and let go in cases in like this.

Many people now worship man instead of God.

First, a baby they (both) labour to get after years of marriage died.

Secondly, the woman's leg is gone.

Only a strong husband can bare the pains. I really don't know the degree of the injury, so I will just keep my speculations, but forgiveness is one thing, moving on (happily) is another.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
freshdude2: On the contrary, this is the proper time for such debates. What would you have us do, mourn? The best we can do is empathise and sympathise.

No, this is a proper time to show some humanity.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by freecocoa(f): 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
pickabeau1:
Actually I was referring to acidosis who is still intent on blaming her for marrying someone who is not going to church.

On reason... this could have happened in the same lekki.stats shows more acccidents occur within 10 minutes from home

True, it could have happened even right in front of their gate but the fact that her hubby wasn't in support, the frequent arguments and even summoning of family members to talk to her to no avail, gives it a whole new perspective.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Acidosis(m): 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
pickabeau1:

I read that fact after I made the post.
#hasty conclusion
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, this is a proper time to show some humanity.
I'd like to know how to show this humanity. I'm serious, I'm obviously missing something. Please educate me.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by freecocoa(f): 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
Acidosis:

First, a baby they (both) labour to get after years of marriage died.

Secondly, the woman's leg is gone.

Only a strong husband can bare the pains. I really don't know the degree of the injury, so I will just keep my speculations, but forgiveness is one thing, moving on (happily) is another.
I honestly cannot blame this man one bit, the marriage will never be the same again.

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: your political leaders are so strong that they can steal billions right underneath your noses and you will never know of find out how they did it grin this is what you call running Africa abi cheesy please keep quiet. Your strengths can only be seen in your ability to change the lives of others for the good not the other way round undecided
go and tell EFCC undecided
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by pickabeau1: 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
freecocoa: True, it could have happened even right in front of their gate but the fact that her hubby wasn't in support, the frequent arguments and even summoning of family members to talk to her to no avail, gives it a whole new perspective.

Exactly....

Comes back to that word...... submission n respect ...a nightmarish word..
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
freshdude2: I'd like to know how to show this humanity. I'm serious, I'm obviously missing something. Please educate me.

A mother and a father lost a child.
It was an accident.

It doesn't help ANYONE to play blame games now. If anyone has the right to do so, then it's her husband.

It's not for us to judge her.

Just imagine being in her situation now. She will have a guilty conscience for the rest of her life. She has lost her family.

This really isn't the time to discuss submission now.
It could have happened to the father, too. Would we then discuss if husbands should listen to their wives? Oh, please!
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by pickabeau1: 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
Last I checked

People have their opinions...

state yours and move on
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
pickabeau1: Last I checked

People have their opinions...

state yours and move on

Are you talking to me?

1 Like

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by cococandy(f): 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What else can they do? Their foreign counterparts are busy running the world. grin
A guy said this on a different thread

The average Blackman has been so battered that all he holds dearly in his control is his woman .Take that away and the average Blackman is nothing

And I was like

You're basically saying the black man is an empty vessel who needs to exercise control over his wife to feel good about himself.
How dare you insult black men like that?
angry

His response
Accept the truth and feel the pain of the black man ,look through my eyes right now and you'll understand why lots of folks breath fire when you ladies speak up.
Though the women speak the truth but the truth is bitter.........Is the Blackman really ready for what their women want?

I guess he's saying the truth to an extent.

So pls bear with tribaleast.
He gets egopanic attacks every time he hears that a distant woman somwhere is being disobedient. His panic levels increase cheesy
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by freecocoa(f): 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
pickabeau1:

Exactly....

Comes back to that word...... submission n respect ...a nightmarish word..

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't about submission, it's more about applying common sense.

If it was about submission then the church issue wouldn't be the major problem, OP said the woman insisted on going to ota because that's where she got her miracle, she's just brainwashed.
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by pickabeau1: 10:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
freecocoa: As far as I'm concerned, this isn't about submission, it's more about applying common sense.
If it was about submission then the church issue wouldn't be the major problem, OP said the woman insisted on going to ota because that's where she got her miracle, she's just brainwashed.

So what if she was going to a church in ajah..and her husband was against it...and there was a similar accident...

Same scenario..different location...what's your take

carefreewannabe:
Are you talking to me?

Who knows..
Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
cococandy:
A guy said this on a different thread

And I was like

His response

I guess he's saying the truth to an extent.

So pls bear with tribaleast.
He gets egopanic attacks every time he hears that a distant woman somwhere is being disobedient. His panic levels increase cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
pickabeau1:

Who knows..

Do you suffer from anxiety disorder?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Newly Married Wife Is A Lesbian...#i Need Your Advices / Single Mothers Experience / Kano Pays ₦10.000 Dowry Each For 100 Brides At Mass Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.