Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward (63416 Views)

Obiano's Wife Gives Bungalow Houses To Widows In Anambra - Photos / How Governors Turn Govt Houses To Sex Havens: Punch / I’m Not Expecting Anything From Govt - Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by cupidFlint(m): 11:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
PDP is one party that is killing the future of Nigeria. Governor T.A. Orji doesnt deserve a dime. That man is a complete failure and he's incompetent in all angle.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by mixta14: 11:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
people wey dey spoil dis country , wey dey collect abetele , God go punish them, some of us know d truth o , bt cus of money u go deprive others of their shares. Greedy selfish n convetious people. D 1 wey una jonathan dn do neva reach
Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by rattlesnake(m): 11:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
We are fed up with this story
Is this the only gist today
....comot am jire
Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by OLADD: 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
herryolu: watching that man going to receive the award l cried honestly I had never felt that emotional watch tv except while growing up that we watch India film n cannot help but cry.but today broke that record for me l wept for d man n my country Nigeria especially when the man introduced him as Nigeria flag design.the best news l heard today was placing the man on lifetime salary though it was rather late but am happy for the man n it shows Jonathan still have a bit of human feelings
[color=#006600][/color]

He has always exhibited human feelings. Forget the orchestrated and politically motivated Chibok "abduction". Remember he has repeatedly told Nigerians his ambition is not worth the life of any Nigerian. We know the bloodsuckers who don't mind youth corpers slaughtered for presidential ambition.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by Balkan(m): 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
Good Move by GEJ. But Igbos are watching
You think you have the Igbos support 100%
We have a choice this time.
Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by benson81(m): 11:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
moscobabs:
na now they suppose remember ham
abeg help me ask the previous presidents and Heads of States b4 this time?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by samzi(m): 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
carry on ur gud work sir.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by lyntiffany(f): 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
seunakin231: Hmmmmm, y close to d election periods? He no see am before ni? Life salary, d old man? .....no praises, just added credit to ur cap
is not as if he can't do it then but he choose to do it now cos is close to independence day which reminds both the man and his country of his good piece of work.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by OLADD: 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
ajalaolanr: Since return to democratic rule, this is the only thing the PDP Govt has done to deserve applause , but this man has very little time left on this earth, is he gonna live for ever as the president as said that he'd be paid salary forever? This should have been well though of and such gesture be extended to the mans children and lineage....just my opinion.
[color=#006600][/color]

Plus the GSM revolution and IT liberalisation. Can you still remember when only the rich could afford 090? When speaking to relatives overseas thru phone was a luxury and exclusive to well-to-dos? When NITEL was more brutal than NEPA? Breaking NITEL monopoly was a mean feat, courtesy PHEE DEE PHEE

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by coolcare(m): 11:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
get u hv my vote

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
aaronson: He's so good at giving awards and visiting for condolences but doesn't have an assertive mind to rule Nigeria if they let this guy go for another term he would just do what he knows how to do best ofcourse condolence visits and award giving
Ta!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by patostation(m): 11:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
pontirock: Abeg Tell Am O, D Man Wey Don Reach Age He Wan Go Rest For Heaven

Same thoughts I have here. Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi must be over 70 years by now. Placing him on a "lifetime salary" is self-serving, political and an action aimed at playing to the gallery.
Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by Datsme: 11:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
keeree o! Keeree o!! Keeree o!!!
Eyi ni latin so fun gbogbo yin wipe ki ema sora se paapaa julo larin osu kewa odun yi si osu keji odun to n bo fun iwa arekereke awon 'ojelu' to wa lode oni. Ema je kan fi buredi ko yin lomi obe je. K'eku ile o gbo ko so fun toko o.
Mowi re abi nko wi re

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by Pamcrest(f): 11:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
GEJ always looking for opportunity to score cheap points....is he just realizing d man needs help? This is just a gimmick to mask d fact that once again he dished out awards to so many undeserving.crooks. Lifetime salary indeed? As if he can compel d next govt to continue same.
If u want to help d man, put some of yr stolen loot in his account....shikena!
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by bouquie1(f): 11:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
Is he just waking up?. He's only trying to gather up vote 4 2015 mchtewwww. I wish election can be taking place every year.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by lyntiffany(f): 11:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
lastpage:

Thunder ke?

So, after over ten years as an Executive (4yrs Deputy/Gov, 2yrs VeePee, 2yrs to complete Yar Ardua's term, now 4th year into his own Presidency) or lets just say about 6years in Aso rock, he suddenly develops a "moment of reality", (afterall elections are around the corner) to give an old man his dues (that l appreciate all the same), everyone must now PRAISE SING HIM or else "Thunder go fire" them that do not, right?

How foolish and easily PLEASED DECEIVED my people are?
Even if they have "uninterrupted" electricity for only 24 hours in one week....... you will sing then wearing Aso Ebi, to dance in the village market because their Governor is coming to visit! grin grin

If President dashes them one Mini Bus, after increasing the price of Petrol by 300%, you see them dancing and rolling on the floor like they just won the Lottery!
I love Nigerians, they are the easiest people to RULE in this world, as a leader, you dont even have to be concerned about their welfare, just throw some crumbs at them and that is it - They will sing your praises all day long!

By the way, GEJ never try at all, in my own dictionary! WHY?

1.) I want our girls back ASAP
2.) I want him to STOP appointing CONFIRMED THIEVES into his Cabinet and surrounding himself with such wolves
3.) I want him to attend to federal Roads like the Lagos Ibadan 9that one too has been pending sicne God knows when!)
4.) I want him to ensure Doctors are paid as at when due and let him equip Hospitals (at least the Federal ones)
5.) I want him to take a bold step concerning lecturers and their pay (sort out that problem and end these incessant strikes once and for all)
6.) I want him to STOP playing Politics with our Military. Heis the C-in-C and needs to act like one.
7.) I want him to ensure that the next election is free an dfair, STOP using our military to intimidate opponents as he tried to do in Osun State!
8.) I want him to STOP reading his speeches like he is a stammerer! he is a PHD for God's sake. Try "practice-reading" it in advance, at least.
9.) I want him to put in policies and follow through, on Agricultural development within the country (like set-up and fund mechanised farm settlements complete with Machines and all modern amenities of life, to attract graduates ready to work)
10) I want him to STOP selling our national Assets (in the name of privitisation) to his cronies! Oil blocks who are not professionals in those field and know next to nothing about managing such Industries. Al they do is "strip" the Coys of its assets and abandon it ( Nepa, NITEL, Steel Mills, e.t.c)

I can go on and on but let me pause here, maybe l will be able to say "he is trying"...!
I am waiting outside for that your Thunder wey wan fire me sha!
grin grin wink undecided

Lastpage!
Babel is your firstname which simply means CONFUSION, your simply a confused man

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by ajalaolanr(m): 11:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
OLADD: [color=#006600][/color]

Plus the GSM revolution and IT liberalisation. Can you still remember when only the rich could afford 090? When speaking to relatives overseas thru phone was a luxury and exclusive to well-to-dos? When NITEL was more brutal than NEPA? Breaking NITEL monopoly was a mean feat, courtesy PHEE DEE PHEE

It's really sad that you can not distinguish ones duty from taking ones discretion to perform , the first deserves no applause while the later deserves one. In this case of honoring the man that designed the Nigerian Flag, it is not the presidents duty but his discretion.

It is this delusion that has blinded the country to the point that we don't know that we elect leaders to go do a job at which they get paid to do. If you work in a bank and you perform your job functions, your remuneration at the end of the month is your "thank you" for doing the job. No one deserves no applause for performing a job you were elected to do, when I read comments like yours which is very common here on Nairaland, the depth of pity I have for Nigeria deepens, I have said it times without number, poverty is more a mental condition than physical, just listen to yourself saying we should clap for PDP for providing infrastructure like the gsm as you have mentioned above, we should clap for them for building roads, clap for them for security, clap for them for upholding the rule of law, Clap for them for fighting the virus Corruption, if in fact all these are done, we will indeed clap for them considering the sorry state we are in.......

You my friend need to do a soul search...
Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by OLADD: 11:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
lastpage:

Thunder ke?

So, after over ten years as an Executive (4yrs Deputy/Gov, 2yrs VeePee, 2yrs to complete Yar Ardua's term, now 4th year into his own Presidency) or lets just say about 6years in Aso rock, he suddenly develops a "moment of reality", (afterall elections are around the corner) to give an old man his dues (that l appreciate all the same), everyone must now PRAISE SING HIM or else "Thunder go fire" them that do not, right?

How foolish and easily PLEASED DECEIVED my people are?
Even if they have "uninterrupted" electricity for only 24 hours in one week....... you will sing then wearing Aso Ebi, to dance in the village market because their Governor is coming to visit! grin grin

If President dashes them one Mini Bus, after increasing the price of Petrol by 300%, you see them dancing and rolling on the floor like they just won the Lottery!
I love Nigerians, they are the easiest people to RULE in this world, as a leader, you dont even have to be concerned about their welfare, just throw some crumbs at them and that is it - They will sing your praises all day long!

By the way, GEJ never try at all, in my own dictionary! WHY?

1.) I want our girls back ASAP
2.) I want him to STOP appointing CONFIRMED THIEVES into his Cabinet and surrounding himself with such wolves
3.) I want him to attend to federal Roads like the Lagos Ibadan 9that one too has been pending sicne God knows when!)
4.) I want him to ensure Doctors are paid as at when due and let him equip Hospitals (at least the Federal ones)
5.) I want him to take a bold step concerning lecturers and their pay (sort out that problem and end these incessant strikes once and for all)
6.) I want him to STOP playing Politics with our Military. Heis the C-in-C and needs to act like one.
7.) I want him to ensure that the next election is free an dfair, STOP using our military to intimidate opponents as he tried to do in Osun State!
8.) I want him to STOP reading his speeches like he is a stammerer! he is a PHD for God's sake. Try "practice-reading" it in advance, at least.
9.) I want him to put in policies and follow through, on Agricultural development within the country (like set-up and fund mechanised farm settlements complete with Machines and all modern amenities of life, to attract graduates ready to work)
10) I want him to STOP selling our national Assets (in the name of privitisation) to his cronies! Oil blocks who are not professionals in those field and know next to nothing about managing such Industries. Al they do is "strip" the Coys of its assets and abandon it ( Nepa, NITEL, Steel Mills, e.t.c)

I can go on and on but let me pause here, maybe l will be able to say "he is trying"...!
I am waiting outside for that your Thunder wey wan fire me sha!
grin grin wink undecided

Lastpage!
[color=#006600][/color]

Man, all those issues are top of GEJ's priorities
1. If Shekau could go down, Chibok abduction will soon be history.
2. This mighty sound offensive, you CAN NEVER get a politician in Nigeria who's not corrupt. It's a painful truth.
3 Lagos Ibadan Express Road is WIP.
4 Doctors are been paid as at when due except if they go on strike.
5 In all honesty, lecturers' welfare has witnessed unprecedented lift since the return of democracy under PDP govt. It's just that human needs can be insatiable.
6 GEJ has never played politics with our security outfits. His style is a little different from Odi case study.
7 Be fair my friend, if GEJ truly wants to use military against the opposition, APC will not win any election in Nigeria and Lai Mohammed would have been history. If you doubt this, ask OBJ
8 Unfortunately, you just have to live by it. Not everyone has power of oration! While some are good in writing, other's strong point is oral presentation. We all have diversified gifts but no one is a custodian of all gifts or talents.
9 I am sure the Minister of Agric hooks on to nairaland, maybe he will add your suggestion to his agric revolution agenda.
10 Who do you want him to sell to? His enemies? In as much as the beneficiaries are Nigerians, what we need is positive result, my man.

Any other yearnings? Just be positive. Let's pray for Mr.President.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by coputa(m): 12:10am On Sep 30, 2014
ifaoni: gud one, so this man can tink?
yes he can think,that is why he is doing what others before him cannot do,t..God will use this man to transform Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 30, 2014
The day u stop being tribal and see us as one nigeria, ur fathers dirty gay ass will be remembered grin grin grin
Nonybb: GEJ trying to please the Yorubas. Why didnt he place Ojukwu on the same enrolement judging that he saved one important ethnic group from a genocide perpetuated by General Benjamin Adekunle

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by manck2: 12:32am On Sep 30, 2014
that is another 419 story of the century.

that is a story for another day

this was part of the cover up for the crime of occupation. look at the coin.. 1959.. but he now design his flag in 1960.. 419.

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by boboLIL(m): 12:34am On Sep 30, 2014
Dis gooDluck sef,,, sumtyms,yhu go do good,,sumtyms yhu go do bad
Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by OLADD: 12:45am On Sep 30, 2014
ajalaolanr:

It's really sad that you can not distinguish ones duty from taking ones discretion to perform , the first deserves no applause while the later deserves one. In this case of honoring the man that designed the Nigerian Flag, it is not the presidents duty but his discretion.

It is this delusion that has blinded the country to the point that we don't know that we elect leaders to go do a job at which they get paid to do. If you work in a bank and you perform your job functions, your remuneration at the end of the month is your "thank you" for doing the job. No one deserves no applause for performing a job you were elected to do, when I read comments like yours which is very common here on Nairaland, the depth of pity I have for Nigeria deepens, I have said it times without number, poverty is more a mental condition than physical, just listen to yourself saying we should clap for PDP for providing infrastructure like the gsm as you have mentioned above, we should clap for them for building roads, clap for them for security, clap for them for upholding the rule of law, Clap for them for fighting the virus Corruption, if in fact all these are done, we will indeed clap for them considering the sorry state we are in.......

You my friend need to do a soul search...
[color=#006600][/color]

Did you bother to carefully read my post? There was no part that says PDP should be applauded for GSM revolution in Nigeria. Rather, I was only trying to lay emphasis on it as one of PDP legacies. I know you don't consider it as a big deal but it is. Breaking the monopoly of old NITEL and its managers was a task achievable only by the strong livered. The administrators must have tried all means to frustrate the deregulation of telecommunication industry knowing what adverse effects it portended for their fortunes as individuals and corporate entity. But if OBJ and his PDP could break all odds to damn all ensuing consequent, it's worth of mention.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by DaBullIT(m): 1:03am On Sep 30, 2014
All in the name of 2015 naa ni, Ahdonbilivit
Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by RooftechConsult: 1:41am On Sep 30, 2014
eeyah,,,good news though
Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 30, 2014
dollarlander: My President, I actually don't vote because I've never seen credible person in the past. I've been following your performance all these while especially benie ore road reconstruction. I'm voting you this next election. You are my choice.

Thank you Goodluck. You are in gods agenda for Nigeria.

So with all the trillions Nigeria makes in a day, you gonna waste your vote because of one Petty ore road construction, that an an ordinary local govt chairman can sponsor from his pocket.....If this is the best he can come up with in all these years, then he doesn't deserve any shitty vote!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by Icocop101(m): 2:19am On Sep 30, 2014
Goodluck Jonathan is a thoughtful President. For it is only the man that is thoughtful that will be thankful. Let us forget about re-election strategies/pile in up of votes,and be realistic here and call a spade, a spade. And let this single act of National Appreciation and honor done by our President serve as a moral lesson to everyone reading this thread;to learn to appreciate our fellow man,in our various spheres and positions of Leadership/Authority as it is deserving. Let us also remember that: the living needs our appreciation more than the dead!

GOD BLESS.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by gidjah(m): 3:27am On Sep 30, 2014
ifaoni: gud one, so this man can tink?
RATHER ,abi him head don correct ?the last honours was more lik a yahoo scam!most of d receipients were yahoo yahoo people!and it came under heavy criticism from home and abroad,thus a clarion call to GET THIS DONE BETTER.good job mr president
Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by bigtt76(f): 4:03am On Sep 30, 2014
Good BUT what of Dr Ameyo Adadevoh? Her deeds MOST certainly out-weighed that of the Presidential Steward naaaaa Are we sane in this country at all?

boygeorge: As a mark of appreciation to their dedication to service as well as to the nation, President Goodluck Jonathan has directed the Minister of FCT Senator Bala Mohammed to give out flats in Abuja to Traffic Warden Solomon Dauda, Taxi driver Imeh Usuah, as well as head of the Presidential stewards Onuh Isaac Micheal.

He has also directed the Secretary to the Federal Government to immediately place Pa Micheal Taiwo Akinkunmi (designer of the Nigerian flag) on a salary scale of Special Assistant to the President for life.

In his closing remarks at the presentation of national awards to over 300 Nigerians, President Jonathan commended the honorees and urged them to see their honour as recognition of their service to the nation.

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by Nobody: 4:42am On Sep 30, 2014
Google To shut down its social network (ORKUT)
https://www.nairaland.com/1926261/google-shut-down-orkut-social
Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by popson1st: 4:54am On Sep 30, 2014
moscobabs:
na now they suppose remember ham

But they still remember him..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward by Analyst2: 5:33am On Sep 30, 2014
HOPE HE WONT BE TREATED AS A PENSIONER...OR HIS SALARY POCKETED BY THOSE IN GOVERNMENT.... undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Men Caught Sharing Money To Voters In Ekiti, Bundled Away By Security Men.Photos / El-Rufai: The Clown Didn’t Even Know That I Am From Kaduna State / Stampede Kills People At APC Rally In Rivers Today (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.