Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (39410 Views)

Pictures Of A Woman That Gave Birth On The Road / Any Man That Can't Provide The Basic Need For His Family Is Highly Irresponsible / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by yungmill(m): 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
coolviv: @op you are very funny share. You have not seen a man who left his wonderful cook of a wife for a woman who doesn't cook or wash because she doesn't want to spoil her nails? And he hires a servant for her.

Guy a beg leave all these story ooo, before women will come now and say any man who has no job or no money is not a responsible man because he should have been watching and learning from his father for the last 10 to 15 years how to earn and provide for his home. After now, we will say a girl that can not stay with a man who has no job or money is a gold digger. But we no wan marry woman way no fit cook? Common men!!

Can you pls relate what you just wrote to the topic.
Can a boy see his father working in his office when he is in sch learning, haba am @ a loss!!!
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by KelvinGraphics(m): 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
Acidosis:
cheesy cheesy
No mind this gals wey dey defend gals wey no sabi cook 4 here...
Most of them that are defending them actually knows how to cook... Just tryna bring in Feminism into d picture.
I stopped worrying or telling naija gals to learn how to cook after i discovered that no matter how them do shakara reach, one day na them go use their hand go learn how to cook.cheesy

While i was staying in Abuja, i lived with my Boss and her daugher in same flat, d daughter na all dis Ajebutta wey go dey form, d dad was telling her that she should learn how to cook she go dey do yanga, me and one guy do all d cooking in d house while she does the eating and handlickinggrin
Lil did she know that we wont be staying with her 4 too long, i left 4 Lagos, d other guy left 4 xkul. She was left with her dad... D popsi has dis kinda IDK attitudecheesy.. He makes sure all different kinda foodstuffs are at home, xo if U dnt knw how to cook na fasting go sure 4 u be datcheesy
Everyday now na d gal dey worry me 4 phone make i teach her how to cook soupgrin even eba self dis gal kant make, she kant slice a yam and person go come tell me xay dat kind gal na wife Material...
Even her popsi don yab her tire, xay dis is Naija and not Yankee. No Naija man wants to marry a wife who kant cook.

Now na she dey yab herself this days abt how poor her cooking skills deygrin

D first day she cooked Ogbono soup laff being want kill me dat daygringrin.. D soup was looking xo black lyk Blacky and it was watery like normal pure water... Wetin she just dey tell me 4 chat be say her hair is now smelling red oilcheesy smh 4 xum galz. And d shameful thing was that she couldnt ask her female friends kuz she knows they will mock hercheesy

Ilovenigeria thank U 4 loving and caring 4 ur neighbour ogrin chukwu gozie gi o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
clemz88: but you are already exchanging ,that shows you are the kid . And that makes you more senseless. And now I know that you are an illiterate.I actually taught I was talking to someone who attended a university.but unfortunately not.
OK.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by greatwaters: 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hey! What will we not hear from women? So cooking is no longer their responsibility abi?
And they'll be forming gender equality.
Very soon, they'll start attempting to impregnate their husbands.

3 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by donodion(m): 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ilovenigeria: I have this family friend that doesn't like cooking, Almost everyday she and her hubby will come to our house to eat. Even most times she will beg me to cook enough so she will take some home. Now she is accusing me of sleeping with the hubby because the man stops by our house to eat when he closes from work.
I have to tell the hubby to stop coming please. She later apologised to me sha and confessed that she gets angry whenever the hubby talks about our delicious meal. She is a pro now in cooking.

You be correct Naija babe jare.Without much ado,the madam went to learn how to prepare orisirisi sokoyokoto for her oga...sensing the likelyhood of oga "wandering" off or her government be overthrown.

Woman without culinary skills is in an.incomplete wife material o...even if her oga is a chef.Y'all akada babes better get busy with delicacies else another woman warms her way straight to your men's heart through food.It is not always about bottom power hey.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by timilehing(m): 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

My mother made sure I know how to cook VERY VERY WELL. cheesy

And she was wise enough to teach my brother too. wink

Good to hear that. Some ediot ladies would actually follow the comment I quote earlier without knowing you're a shef when it comes to food cooking. Encourage people with your comments, always. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
clemz88: Well in my own view women weren't created to cook,but to bare children and also to be a help mate to the man while he looks for money to take care of the family .

Secondly women cooking or learning how to cook isn't their total responsibily. A man should also know how to cook.
if guess you will leave your office before time so you can come and cook for the family. I guess you will wake up in the morning to prepare the food while your wife is sleeping because she can't cook... except you are jobless, that's when you will do such...
Woman are to bare children, the man take responsibility of their needs, so what will the woman do?
Cooking is the tradition of an African woman... it's an advantage if men decide to...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by yungmill(m): 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
coolviv: @op you are very funny share. You have not seen a man who left his wonderful cook of a wife for a woman who doesn't cook or wash because she doesn't want to spoil her nails? And he hires a servant for her.

Guy a beg leave all these story ooo, before women will come now and say any man who has no job or no money is not a responsible man because he should have been watching and learning from his father for the last 10 to 15 years how to earn and provide for his home. After now, we will say a girl that can not stay with a man who has no job or money is a gold digger. But we no wan marry woman way no fit cook? Common men!!

Can you pls relate what you just wrote to the topic.
Can a boy see his father working in his office when he is in sch learning, kids can learn how to cook from their mother by watching her cook can I child learn how to do what his fathers does like say, flying a plane buy watching his dad!!!
Pls use proper synonyms
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
greatwaters: Hey! What will we not hear from women? So cooking is no longer their responsibility abi?
And they'll be forming gender equality.
Very soon, they'll start attempting to impregnate their husbands.
am telling you bro... they don't accept responsibility, that's the reason while some don't last in their husband house...
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
adrainuche: Rubbish Absolute Rubbish i dint need to read anything written in the post Rubbish, A pathetic excuse of an article and the worst part its on front page, Conclusively since the OP can give us a reasonable post he is irresponsible ... Hw cool is dat shocked shocked shocked
Yet another ret.ard

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Craven: 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
slimmy05: Absolutely irrelevant and a myopic response. You'll definitely know her cooking skills before you wife her. If she cannot cook then she is not responsible. If she doesn't deem it fit to learn how to cook after several years. She is not only irresponsible, she is a failure.

Stop this annoying kind of response.

Your response is actually a myopic one for the simple fact that you've based a human being's success on cooking alone, not by their work or what they do or even the kind of person they are, but by cooking (of all things). A woman who doesn't know how to cook is only a failure at cooking, not at life.

You speak such crisp English, I half-expected you to have something reasonable to say. I'm disappointed.

A good cook doesn't make a good wife, because marriage itself is not about food. Food will fill your belly, but a good woman with a wonderful character would make a great wife to keep coming home to. Food will not glue your union with your wife, her support and mildness and kindness would.

Now don't get me wrong, having cooking skills is a good thing. But a smart man would judge people, irrespective of their gender, by their character. When you find someone good, you keep them and help them grow to be better people. You don't dispose of them because of a simple flaw such as not knowing how to cook.

5 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
I ain't a feminist but the OP is exhibiting an early 20th century mindset.
Cooking is an activity for both sexes. A man should so know how to cook. Even if na only okro soup, that's a stepping stone.

3 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Frankenstein: 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
Women hate to be told the truth.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by chlowi(f): 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
grin cheesy grin cheesy male cook, female cook. Cook na cook no matter who cooked!!!
On a more serious note, this cooking issue is stale na

2 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Bigzig(m): 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
So true..
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by justi4jesu(f): 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
butanep: Any woman that can't cook is highly irresponsible and not also fit to be called a woman. It is part of the responsibility of a woman to learn how to cook as she is growing up either from her mother or foster-mother.

So when a woman fail to acquire the cooking skills as she is growing up, she has failed in her responsibility and therefore not responsible because she might end up producing children that are also irresponsible.

I get angry when with the statement " Men should teach their wife that don't know how to cook". That is ridiculous. If a woman don't know how to prepare a particular food the man like very much, that's a different case but to say she don't know how to cook... she is worth nothing,because she has wasted over 10 to 15 years to lean part of her responsibility...

A woman that can't cook clearly shows, she never assisted her mother in the kitchen or her mother don't know how to cook. That woman shouldn't be taken seriously because she will bring up children that are irresponsible as well.

Source pleaseeeeee angry

i can cook indomie with Egg, how about that cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
No mind this gals wey dey defend gals wey no sabi cook 4 here...
Most of them that are defending them actually knows how to cook... Just tryna bring in Feminism into d picture.
I stopped worrying or telling naija gals to learn how to cook after i discovered that no matter how them do shakara reach, one day na them go use their hand go learn how to cook.cheesy

While i was staying in Abuja, i lived with my Boss and her daugher in same flat, d daughter na all dis Ajebutta wey go dey form, d dad was telling her that she should learn how to cook she go dey do yanga, me and one guy do all d cooking in d house while she does the eating and handlickinggrin
Lil did she know that we wont be staying with her 4 too long, i left 4 Lagos, d other guy left 4 xkul. She was left with her dad... D popsi has dis kinda IDK attitudecheesy.. He makes sure all different kinda foodstuffs are at home, xo if U dnt knw how to cook na fasting go sure 4 u be datcheesy
Everyday now na d gal dey worry me 4 phone make i teach her how to cook soupgrin even eba self dis gal kant make, she kant slice a yam and person go come tell me xay dat kind gal na wife Material...
Even her popsi don yab her tire, xay dis is Naija and not Yankee. No Naija man wants to marry a wife who kant cook.

Now na she dey yab herself this days abt how poor her cooking skills deygrin

D first day she cooked Ogbono soup laff being want kill me dat daygringrin.. D soup was looking xo black lyk Blacky and it was watery like normal pure water... Wetin she just dey tell me 4 chat be say her hair is now smelling red oilcheesy smh 4 xum galz. And d shameful thing was that she couldnt ask her female friends kuz she knows they will mock hercheesy

Ilovenigeria thank U 4 loving and caring 4 ur neighbour ogrin chukwu gozie gi o
Boss you are a man. That is what I am telling ladies now but some re defending themselves... On the last day... they will see the reality...
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by toshmann(m): 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
If she's beautiful, good in bed, can give bl0w j0B, and is a degree holding smart educated lady. . . . she's okay cheesy
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by shizzle11(m): 2:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
Rocktation:

Ohhhkey...that is where you had it wrong. Owu, as I've always known IS hunger. Then again, it seemed as though you realised that owu isn't what you've always thought it to mean, but still wanted to explain your way out anyway but ended up confusing us (including the poster you quoted) by saying poverty should fit the context more...which it doesn't.
And now you're beginning to try at confusing me again by saying you really don't know how poverty comes into the matter after you have said this;

but ill rather use poverty in this context. I ask because you made it sound like the availability of money or lack of it is the reason why the op is complaining, or why women shouldnt know how to cook which is totally off the mark, i stand to be corrected

See? I eventually understood you, even though you didn't do a good job of explaining.
cheesy Rockbaby, you and Phema will not kee me grin thank God you eventually understand me and i understand where your confusion stem from too. Not like i really wanted to wriggle my way through, i knew i wasn't a genius and that was why i said to her:
which is ........, i stand to be corrected
ok i accept my mistake and error of judgement, just asked a brother now and he told me 'hunger' is more appropriate, thanks grin
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
justi4jesu:

Source pleaseeeeee angry

i can cook indomie with Egg, how about that cheesy cheesy
if that's all you know... you fall in the same category...
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by justi4jesu(f): 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
butanep: if that's all you know... you fall in the same category...

I disagree to agree, how you know the skills involved to cook indomie and Egg, please dont underestimate me angry angry angry tongue
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by tonychristopher: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
It baffles me when people post crab ...how can some body marry a woman that cant cook ...here in Africa ...that's is misnomer an aberrations in short its preposterously bad

Then what are you marrying her or him for?

Maybe just to Bleep her which any prostitutess can deliver such services perfectly

What am I doing here anyway
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by ugoezeik(m): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
alutacontinua:

I think I need to log out angry
what's with all these stvpid topics today? undecided
Jeez! angry
it seem d op hit u where it hot most lol
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
slimmy05: Absolutely irrelevant and a myopic response. You'll definitely know her cooking skills before you wife her. If she cannot cook then she is not responsible. If she doesn't deem it fit to learn how to cook after several years. She is not only irresponsible, she is a failure.

Stop this annoying kind of response.

This is why I try as much as possible to circumvent people who are deluded in lunacy. Cooking has nothing to do with responsibility, I doubt you can even tell me the meaning of the word without looking at your archaic English lexicon. Don't just mention anybody randomly to spew codswallop. #shift

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe: Any man who doesn't know how to cook is dvmb because cooking is easy.

And how can you NOT know how to nurture YOURSELF and depend on others for this to happen?
What's this one saying?
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
CFCfan: I ain't a feminist but the OP is exhibiting an early 20th century mindset.
Cooking is an activity for both sexes. A man should so know how to cook. Even if na only okro soup, that's a stepping stone.
when you marry a woman that can't cook, you will know there is different between tradition and technology or civilization. Belly don't know century oooo.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Rocktation(f): 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
shizzle11: cheesy Rockbaby, you and Phema will not kee me grin thank God you eventually understand me and i understand where your confusion stem from too, i knew i wasn't a genius and that was why i said to her that

ok i accept my error of judgement, just asked a brother now and he told me 'hunger' was more appropriate grin

Hmmnn...don't even know why I bother you. Perhaps it's cos it's been a while since i bothered anyone. Have a good day.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by ndaman25: 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
oppss
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by justi4jesu(f): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
butanep: when you marry a woman that can't cook, you will know there is different a difference between tradition and technology or civilization. Belly don't know century oooo.

What if you marry a man that cannot speak English cheesy cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Acidosis(m): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
Food: that's one thing I miss about my ex. Infact, the thought of living with a bad cook scares me considering my past relationship with this girl - a one time caterer at Mr Biggs time-out.
Damn, this girl is always ready to cook, she bakes even when we have nothing to celebrate. With N1k, she can make a pot of fried rice that will make people ask for more. She hates the idea of eating out.

I noticed each time she asks for money to get food stuffs; I was always ready to give. Infact, I remember I sold my nokia C5 in 2010 just to meet up with the cooking needs grin grin Few months after we met, my skin and everything about me changed. Oh good old days on campus!! cheesy

Whoever underrates the power of a good cook must be ignored. The kitchen is made for the woman. Of what use is a well furnished kitchen without a personnel? Aside the living room, the kitchen is one place rich men spend good money on furniture & interior decor. It is a woman's laboratory! smiley

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by yungmill(m): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
toshmann: If she's beautiful, good in bed, can give bl0w j0B, and is a degree holding smart educated lady. . . . she's okay cheesy

Is this the total sum of ur esteem?
So ur s*xual fantasies overrides the need for values let's see if that and her degree will translate to u having a fulfilled life
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by greatwaters: 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
butanep: am telling you bro... they don't accept responsibility, that's the reason while some don't last in their husband house...
Bro, God knows I wont even marry a woman who cant cook. The way to my heart is through my stomach, Lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Decomposing Corpse Of Woman Found In Her Benin Apartment 9 Days After (Video) / I Just Cut The Cord With My Father / Children Of Woman Who Hired Assassin To Kill Her Husband: "Forgive Our Mum"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.