Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (39412 Views)

Pictures Of A Woman That Gave Birth On The Road / Any Man That Can't Provide The Basic Need For His Family Is Highly Irresponsible / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by shizzle11(m): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
Rocktation:

Hmmnn...don't even know why I bother you. Perhaps it's cos it's been a while since i botherd anyone. Have a good day.
you didnt really bother me, you're welcome. Enjoy your day too smiley
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You give up what?
People that reply "what" to sensible questions are dull...you don't have to explain to her, guy...
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by tintingz(m): 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
[size=14pt]In Africa, in Nigeria any woman that can't cook is on her own.

One of the thing that keeps marriage on track is good food cooking by the wife.

Like they say...

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Vince77(m): 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
For me, any woman who understands me very well, very supporting,, decent, reasonable, God fearing is responsible. IF she cant cook, she can learn within a short period of time. Bt if she doesnt hv any of d qualities i mention, she cant learn those within short period.

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by KelvinGraphics(m): 2:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
butanep: Boss you are a man. That is what I am telling ladies now but some re defending themselves... On the last day... they will see the reality...
Just leave them bro..
When dem don go high finish them go still mellow down...
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Henrypraise: 2:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
Odilafta:
I be woman o
I understand you but shey ashawo wey sabi cook dey responsible?

Shuuoooo!!!! U be woman? I tink say u be guy o.

If ashi sabi cook na to her advantage

Sum ashi wen don kwango na d cookin dem take de hold sum men local na, confuse d man den d man go forget d ashi mara put dem 4 huz.

Sabi cook or not shudnt be a criteria 4 responsible woman sha, But experience has shown dat most women hu don't knw how to cook ar irresponsible, u will agree wit me dat feedin is very expensive n one role of a wife is to manage her husband n his resources, if she can't cook, de spend more on eateries thereby putting a drain pipe in d pocket of either hersef(if she works or her husband (hu most tyms don't knw how to cook also)
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by KelvinGraphics(m): 2:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
tintingz: [size=14pt]In Africa, in Nigeria any woman that can't cook is on her own.

Like they say...

Gbam!!grin

2 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
Don't twist dis...nobody said women shld be tied to d kitchen.

I need u to address the bone of contention here-whose responsibility is it to cook for the family?
xoxogirl: Such a stuuupid thread.

Like they gave birth to females and ordained their lives in the kitchen.

Any man who thinks a woman belongs in the kitchen is just very silly. Na wa o
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
emusmith: What's this one saying?

Learn to read and you will know. grin
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Ilovenigeria(f): 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
cheesy

Ilovenigeria thank U 4 loving and caring 4 ur neighbour ogrin chukwu gozie gi o
lol kelvin, knowing how to cook as a woman is very important because its one of those things your husband, children and grandchildren will miss about you. They will always look forward to eating your food. Your husband might get tired of sex at 50 years but he can and will never get tired of your delicious meal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
This thread is an eye opener for ladies that are deficient in cooking or don't know how to cook... If you are hoping your man will teach you, you might be disappointed and the consequences will be so great...
For your information, most men don't play with food and they cherish the cook that prepare their food... so don't even consider hiring a maid...
Ladies please learn from the thread and stop defending your in capability...

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by patrickmuf(m): 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Gender equality is here and it's not going to disappear. Remember these words.
Don't confuse gender roles for gender equality... Gender roles is factored by culture, norms and values I.e it differs from place to place...

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by esmarcq(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
And what if she grew maybe in a foster home cooking shouldnt determine how responsible a woman is
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by cozy7(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
butanep: Any woman that can't cook is highly irresponsible and not also fit to be called a woman. It is part of the responsibility of a woman to learn how to cook as she is growing up either from her mother or foster-mother.

So when a woman fail to acquire the cooking skills as she is growing up, she has failed in her responsibility and therefore not responsible because she might end up producing children that are also irresponsible.

I get angry when with the statement " Men should teach their wife that don't know how to cook". That is ridiculous. If a woman don't know how to prepare a particular food the man like very much, that's a different case but to say she don't know how to cook... she is worth nothing,because she has wasted over 10 to 15 years to lean part of her responsibility...

A woman that can't cook clearly shows, she never assisted her mother in the kitchen or her mother don't know how to cook. That woman shouldn't be taken seriously because she will bring up children that are irresponsible as well.
NA YOUR OWN MIND U TALK, NOT OTHERS. COOKING IS JUST A A FEATURE, BUT NOT ALL THAT MATTERS. IVE SEEN HARLOTS WHO COOK SO GREAT. I'M A GUY WHO LOVES GOOD FOOD, ALL MY EX DATES COOK WELL, YET WE BROKE UP. BUT MY FIANCEE TODAY ISN'T A GOOD COOK, YET WR COPE SO PERFECT because WE COOK TOGETHER. U CAN TEACH HER OR SEND HER 2 CATHERING SCH. REMEMBER NO1 IS PERFECT, INCLUDING YOU.

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by PeetaBishop(m): 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
does being responsible come with cooking? I really don't get it :S
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Learn to read and you will know. grin
Because all I see is Gibberish...

2 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Johnnoo(m): 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
BrownKnight:
They talk too damn much without action.

Really without actions!!! I guess that's why they are thriving badly in almost all aspects of life undecided

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Acidosis(m): 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
No mind this gals wey dey defend gals wey no sabi cook 4 here...
Most of them that are defending them actually knows how to cook... Just tryna bring in Feminism into d picture.
I stopped worrying or telling naija gals to learn how to cook after i discovered that no matter how them do shakara reach, one day na them go use their hand go learn how to cook.cheesy

While i was staying in Abuja, i lived with my Boss and her daugher in same flat, d daughter na all dis Ajebutta wey go dey form, d dad was telling her that she should learn how to cook she go dey do yanga, me and one guy do all d cooking in d house while she does the eating and handlickinggrin
Lil did she know that we wont be staying with her 4 too long, i left 4 Lagos, d other guy left 4 xkul. She was left with her dad... D popsi has dis kinda IDK attitudecheesy.. He makes sure all different kinda foodstuffs are at home, xo if U dnt knw how to cook na fasting go sure 4 u be datcheesy
Everyday now na d gal dey worry me 4 phone make i teach her how to cook soupgrin even eba self dis gal kant make, she kant slice a yam and person go come tell me xay dat kind gal na wife Material...
Even her popsi don yab her tire, xay dis is Naija and not Yankee. No Naija man wants to marry a wife who kant cook.

Now na she dey yab herself this days abt how poor her cooking skills deygrin

D first day she cooked Ogbono soup laff being want kill me dat daygringrin.. D soup was looking xo black lyk Blacky and it was watery like normal pure water... Wetin she just dey tell me 4 chat be say her hair is now smelling red oilcheesy smh 4 xum galz. And d shameful thing was that she couldnt ask her female friends kuz she knows they will mock hercheesy

Ilovenigeria thank U 4 loving and caring 4 ur neighbour ogrin chukwu gozie gi o
cheesy cheesy pure water soup grin grin
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
patrickmuf: Don't confuse gender roles for gender equality... Gender roles is factored by culture, norms and values I.e it differs from place to place...

I don't and I have no problem with traditional gender roles. I only have a problem with people telling anyone that they have to stick to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
tintingz: [size=14pt]In Africa, in Nigeria any woman that can't cook is on her own.

Like they say...

Your head is rich... You re thinking bro

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
Chai!
Men av suffered.
Itz our responsibilty to take care of the family.These responsibilities inculde;
Shelter
Food
Clothing
Health
School fees of children
Vacation etc
It is expected that men even take dis to d nxt level by buying cars for their wives and giving her money to shop even if d wife earns more than him. Etc.

Isn't dis enuff "inequality"? undecided

Some still want us to do d cooking...smh
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by emmanuelogbe(m): 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
For some ladies, they don't know how to cook because of where they came from. Some came from a home where they are not allowed to do any house chores let alone cooking.
It is though not pleasant to hear that a particular lady doesn't know how to cook, but it doesn't make her in anyway irresponsible. If she doesn't know how to cook but is willing and ready to learn how, then there isn't much problem. It is only when she doesn't know and is not ready to learn how to cook that irresponsibility somehow comes in.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
benromeo39:
This is why I try as much as possible to circumvent people who are deluded in lunacy. Cooking has nothing to do with responsibility, I doubt you can even tell me the meaning of the word without looking at your archaic English lexicon. Don't just mention anybody randomly to spew codswallop. #shift
Well, I've observed over the years that even lunatic and juveniles like you tend to spew trash on every forums. Keep exposing your crass ignorance and ineptitude. You had better wake up or have yourself live all your life eating burger and barbecue.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
emusmith: Because all I see is Gibberish...

That's not my problem.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by GboyegaD(m): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
butanep: guy no body force you to log in, so you can as well log out. If the thread of today is not interesting to you, you can as well create an interesting thread. Maybe your spouse don't know how to cook.

Thank God it is independence day. I did advice you use the entire day to think of how to chart a better course for your life than worrying about others.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
cozy7: NA YOUR OWN MIND U TALK, NOT OTHERS. COOKING IS JUST A A FEATURE, BUT NOTVALL THAT MATTERS. IVE SEEN HARLOTS WHO COOK SO GREAT. I'M A GUYVWHO LOVES GOOD FOOD, ALL MY EX DATES COOK WELL, YET WE BROKE UP. BUT MY FIANCEE TODAY ISN'T A GOOD COOK, YET WR COPE SO PERFECT because WE COOK TOGETHER. U CAN TEACH HER OR SEND HER 2 CATHERING SCH. REMEMBER NOT IS PERFECT, INCLUDING YOU.
if you have better work doing, you won't always be with her in the kitchen... pray for a better work bro...
Have you asked her why she can't cook? Let her tell you, you will know she was never ready to learn...
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Even if they become much dumber, they can never be as du*mb as some of the comments here. grin
Western Culture? She says she is in Germany... Who cares? OK, She says She is enjoying Gender Equality... I know one thing... There is no such thing as Gender Equality... Man will ever be above the woman...That doesn't stop me from having a female boss whom I love and cherish...But from the beginning, it wasn't so....
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Emphasis(m): 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
All I see is battle of the sexes. Everybody is shifting responsibilities in such a way that we've neglected our roles and not in anyway ready to cover up for the other person.
We're living in a double standard society.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by FatCock: 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
Fallacy. How about any man that can't cook is irresponsible. What's with the sex bias?

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Ilovenigeria(f): 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
Odilafta:
I be woman o
I understand you but shey ashawo wey sabi cook dey responsible?
Babe dey there naaa. Ashawo dey use delicious food scatter oga head, cook better food for the oga boys and children sef that they all will confess that madam ashawo food sweet pass ogamadam own. grin
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
emusmith: Western Culture? She says she is in Germany... Who cares? OK, She says She is enjoying Gender Equality... I know one thing... There is no such thing as Gender Equality... Man will ever be above the woman...That doesn't stop me from having a female boss whom I love and cherish...But from the beginning, it wasn't so....

Many things were different in the beginning.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

That's not my problem.
It's good that you admitted you have a problem...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

I Just Cut The Cord With My Father / Children Of Woman Who Hired Assassin To Kill Her Husband: "Forgive Our Mum" / Decomposing Corpse Of Woman Found In Her Benin Apartment 9 Days After (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.