Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,583 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? (53169 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why / Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by josite: 10:22am On Oct 02, 2014
if the father of the child is dead,confirmed dead and if she is hardworking and singlemined and slounded mind and content wit my dick and dick alone,i will certainly consider her.

if the father of the child is alive and a rascal and iressponsible or alive and responsible and rejected the lady er cus of bad behaviour,i must run,no mater how hardworking she is.

marriage is about rest.if the combination speaks ,sound unrest,please run

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by golddeejay(m): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2014
it is easy to say yes n i have always tink i can. Then again, thinkin of many underlying issues that will likely arise frm that union. One has to tink it many times over. But if the father of the child is late...dat kinda reduce d complications

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Dooa: 10:25am On Oct 02, 2014
Dated one exactly 2 yrs ago, as much as she knew I really love her, I rightly sensed she was more interested in what I cud offer her financially as she Is d only one taking care of d son and she lives in her parents house, I had to call it quit with her especially when I found out she exthorts men for herself and her son's upkeep despite having a chemist shop of her own.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by khiaa(f): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2014
Hishuula: sure

lol grin Seriously!!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 02, 2014
Jamean: So in other words, you don't mind for your sister to be late, so her baby father can marry another woman?

What is this one saying? Seriously, who gave these dullards access to the internet?

My sisters do not do baby daddies, we can't relate. Sorry.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 02, 2014
NO!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 02, 2014
Jamean: Well said, so in other words; if your sister, close female relation or female friend you wish well unfortunately becomes a baby mama - No one should marry her?

many guys here saying yes they will marry single mothers are either pretending or just typing for typing sake. The guy u quoted is real...and what he said is what goes in the minds of majority of guys.

As for ur question, that's y guys can kill any guy who messes with their sister; me, God forbid, but any guy that tries such with my beloved female relation won't find it funny- in fact he must marry her except she doesn't want him.

But I keep wondering y a girl would get pregnant for a guy who isn't ready for marriage, its ridiculous.

Every parent out there should pls forewarn n educate their male n female children on the dangers of premarital sex n unprotected sex pls.

This topic is a big problem in our society now- many young single mothers; which also shows how HIV is being transmitted nowadays, sighs
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 02, 2014
databoy247: I have often been in hot conversations with other peeps, and most of them sound like it's a taboo to get married to a lady who has a child (maybe out of wedlock). It's usually cool when they as guys having one or two kids wants a lady to get married to them but when its the reverse, na war.

Wat's behind this mentality? And are single unmarried ladies who already have a child actually "bad" like the society paint the picture? Am not a traditionalist so i really dont discriminate but my peeps sometimes see me as someone who have "lost it" cos i dont see anything wrong with single ladies (with a kid). Your views pls....
Nothing's wrong with it. Just that one needs extraordinary patience and maturity to go through Pre-marriage stages cos single mothers are something else. Remember someone has broken their heart at least once. #talking from experience #
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ojiefi: 10:35am On Oct 02, 2014
MzPreshie: It takes pure strong love to be able to do that. I don't see anything wrong in it though.
i have to postrate for my husband when i get home today because he married me with 2 kids from a previous marriage and we are happy together. how blessed i am......

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Enasco1(m): 10:38am On Oct 02, 2014
DailyNews: In Africa, a man alone doesn't marry a wife; its always a family affair. Any guy from a responsible family will get his parents' approval before marrying a lady, except his parents are late.

So its not bad that he went to ask for his mum's approval...its traditional and even Christianly, and such marriage last than those done without parental consent- the city-marriage, which crash so easily cos it lacks root and most times it ends up in a ghost partner marriage, pls open your eyes my sister.
I disagree wt you. How will a matured guy seek approval from d parents on whether he shud or shud nt marry a particular girl.. From d relationship they are building d parents can see dat they are goin 2 marry. No woman or Man x perfect. We re all subject 2 corrections. As a man, wot will u do if she decide 2 consult her own parents welda she shud or shud nt marry U n she comes back 2 tell u dat her parents said she shud nt marry U due 2 one reason or the other!!! Wot will U do??
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ojiefi: 10:38am On Oct 02, 2014
DailyNews: many guys here saying yes they will marry single mothers are either pretending or just typing for typing sake. The guy u quoted is real...and what he said is what goes in the minds of majority of guys.

As for ur question, that's y guys can kill any guy who messes with their sister; me, God forbid, but any guy that tries such with my beloved female relation won't find it funny- in fact he must marry her except she doesn't want him.

But I keep wondering y a girl would get pregnant for a guy who isn't ready for marriage, its ridiculous.

Every parent out there should pls forewarn n educate their male n female children on the dangers of premarital sex n unprotected sex pls.

This topic is a big problem in our society now- many young single mothers; which also shows how HIV is being transmitted nowadays, sighss
so if your sister refuses to marry the guy that makes it okay? mtchew!!!!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Decmann: 10:39am On Oct 02, 2014
NO
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Tobbie9(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2014
I can't do it
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Sagamite(m): 10:42am On Oct 02, 2014
databoy247: I have often been in hot conversations with other peeps, and most of them sound like it's a taboo to get married to a lady who has a child (maybe out of wedlock). It's usually cool when they as guys having one or two kids wants a lady to get married to them but when its the reverse, na war.

Wat's behind this mentality? And are single unmarried ladies who already have a child actually "bad" like the society paint the picture? Am not a traditionalist so i really dont discriminate but my peeps sometimes see me as someone who have "lost it" cos i dont see anything wrong with single ladies (with a kid). Your views pls....

Then they are fcktards!

Marrying someone with a child is about personal choice and tastes, not a taboo as moorons would say. Nothing wrong with it.

If you feel it is something you can work with, okay.

If not, then it is okay too (as long as you are not a person saying it is a taboo).

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 10:43am On Oct 02, 2014
Enasco1: ok. U re yet 2 anx d question!! Tins go wrong. From ur statement u re sayin pple shud desist from indecent act when dy re not ready 2 take responsibility 4 it. Good. But when d table nw go d other way. She x now pregnant. Wot x ur tak on it!!!!
once u have a scar., u have to live with it through d rest of ur life. if she finds a single man to marry her., fine but if it is a single father it is left to her. do u think she can live single in d real sense., no.! she has two living husbands. prevention is better dan cure. u cannt tell me u were were not educated about sex and its implications. character is d problem with youths of today. u cannt eat ur cake and still have it. u need to fear nature. u cannt stop a flowing water. if u block it u must provide another channel for it to move. people joke with matters dat are of serious concern
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Sagamite(m): 10:44am On Oct 02, 2014
Mondisweets: It takes a matured man to marry a single mother, unfortunately there aren't many of them out there.

Typical, desperate, moronic "real man" mugu training.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ogawisdom(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2014
Capital NO dt one na third hand nw n d mileage will b too high Even if na dash self I ll reject it, I can manage first grade tokunbo. tongue but if I get brand new I won't say no grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2014
@Enasco1, oh u think ladies too don't get their parents and even friends' approval before agreeing to marry a guy If that's what u think, then u are on a veryyyyy long thing ocheesy

Before my elder sis got married to her present hubby, come see screening like say the guy de face senate panel to get ministerial appointmentcheesy na one of my elder bro save him if not ehgrin

In all, its always good to get your parents' blessing before marrying someone bro, its good...and I must be involved in my future kids' marriage n even relationships b4 they bring in one knuckle head into my...

@ojiefi, of course! My sister's welfare is d most vital to me not the wayward guy who doesn't know what it means to be a father.

@jamean, I really pity the ladies on this cos they're on the receiving end...God will strengthen them, its not easy. As for me, I don't think I can for many reasons, but I wouldn't mind helping her out financially and in any other way I can, but marriage, its gonna be diffy except God comes in fully to convince mesmiley

And to be honest, some young single mothers are so nice- I have one now as a friend...she is so nice and her little boy (2yrs plus) likes me so much, gosh!! I know her mom too likes me; she works n looking pretty like she's never had a baby, but the fact that she has a baby outside wedlock makes me feel cold and pity for her, sighs. Some men are really useless!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Enasco1(m): 10:57am On Oct 02, 2014
Fourwinds:
once u have a scar., u have to live with it through d rest of ur life. if she finds a single man to marry her., fine but if it is a single father it is left to her. do u think she can live single in d real sense., no.! she has two living husbands. prevention is better dan cure. u cannt tell me u were were not educated about sex and its implications. character is d problem with youths of today. u cannt eat ur cake and still have it. u need to fear nature. u cannt stop a flowing water. if u block it u must provide another channel for it to move. people joke with matters dat are of serious concern
ok so youths shud do away wt premarital sex!! Ok. Marryin a lady who has collected more than 8 joysticks n have done numerous abortions x better than Marryin a single mother....
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by thorpido(m): 11:00am On Oct 02, 2014
khiaa:

Yes this is true there is no guarantee of a pregnancy because the new man (you) could be the one who is infertile.
You're taking this VERY personal.Are you a single mother?
You know nothing about my marital status and whether I have kids or not.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2014
ojiefi:
i have to postrate for my husband when i get home today because he married me with 2 kids from a previous marriage and we are happy together. how blessed i am......
You're quite lucky and blessed dear. That man must really love you. Men like him are few, especially in this part of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by phoenix33: 11:09am On Oct 02, 2014
RhemaDavids: am a single mother, I broke up with ma ex cos he had to first ask his mum if he can marry me or not, and when his mum said Y not, he came back to propose I refused cos he wasn't man enough.I.have a man in my life who adore me so much and is looking forward to taking me down the aisle baby or no baby. so is just your.heart and love

hmmmm undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Abagworo(m): 11:10am On Oct 02, 2014

Tradition holds nothing against it in Igboland where I come from. Christianity brought about so many hypocritical assumptions that has made many not to accept and face the reality that single motherhood is part of the society. There is nothing wrong with marrying a single mother except you are not capable enough to take care of mother and child.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by shegzy23: 11:11am On Oct 02, 2014
is not a good idea to marry dat type of a woman
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ericessien24: 11:12am On Oct 02, 2014
Jamean: Well said, so in other words; if your sister, close female relation or female friend you wish well unfortunately becomes a baby mama - No one should marry her?

there is nothing like unfortunate in getting pregnant,there are lots of contraceptives,if you not ready,dont even try it.and where I come from any girl that is getting pregnant knows the outcome.so if any of my relations do,they bear whatever happens themselves.and not all men have the same view like I do.others love single mothers.and I don't have a sister.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nwanneluv(f): 11:19am On Oct 02, 2014
Jarchi:
No No No Yes,my yes is of 25percent xcept on reasonable ground,but why can't they marry the fada's child is still my question
What if she married the child's father but divorced him because he has questionable character, example: liar and 419
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 02, 2014
MadCow1: Observations of a Mad Cow.. Why are most of the responses on this thread so far gender bias towards the women? The title didn't specify single mothers, it said "someone who has a child".. Even the female respondents are ignoring the single fathers and focusing on single mothers like they are lesbians.

I guess the trend of the responses speaks a great deal about our overall mentality as a people towards single parents which is;

Single Father = acceptable..
Single Mothers = taboo..

Just an observation.. But it's none of my business..
You know y Because single mothers are on the receiving end! Most times if not always, the mother always take her child away if disagreement occurs bw she n her baby papa, thereby leaving the man free from dent.

Besides, nature didn't favour women in this aspect.

What we all should be campaigning for is: NO to premarital sex or unprotected sex if youths can't say no, they should protect themselves adequately or aren't they afraid of HIV, STDs and STIs?

Na wa o...people seem to have forgotten about HIV o with d rate of abortion n single mother cases in Nigeria now, hmmm

A cousin who happens to be a nurse recently told me that if u see the number of mothers n expecting mothers who come into their hospital/maternity HIV+, that u will be scared!

Another friend who works in an NGO that caters for HIV, etc told me that if u see super-pretty ladies and very handsome/rich guys coming to take HIV drugs, that I will be scared to even shake people.

Nigerians pls o HIV is still real o!!! Hmmm

Another thing I noticed is this: many or let me say some single ladies do intentionally get pregnant for a guy to entrap him into marriage when they see that the guy has some marriageable qualities or has money...pls ladies stop this ridiculous practice for d sake of innocent unborn babies pls!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by OmoEziokwu: 11:21am On Oct 02, 2014
Sagamite:

Typical, desperate, moronic "real man" mugu training.

LOL I was waiting for you to say that grin grin grin

These real men are just everywhere. Never a chance that they'll have a grasp of the feminine imperative.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

If She Tells You She Had An Abortion / She Told Me She Was Engaged, Now She Wants Me To Marry Her / Five Funny Styles Nigerian Guys Use To Toast A Woman(find Yours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.