Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? (53241 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why / Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2014
Not even god can make me do so, but what will even attract me to a single mother undecided I will marry a virgin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by deavicky(m): 8:07am On Oct 02, 2014
A single broke mother na God go save her if not, her next option should be an old man because they are more mature as requested.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by austinereds(m): 8:07am On Oct 02, 2014
complete turn off for me.ain't easy taking care of a woman with child....even after accepting responsibility u will face an uphill problem esp if the kid is a male child..
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by thorpido(m): 8:07am On Oct 02, 2014
To those saying a single mother proves she is fertile,HOW WRONG YOU ARE!
There is something called SECONDARY INFERTILITY.That a woman has had a child is no guarantee that she can have another one.There are countless women struggling to get pregnant again after they already had a child.Every pregnancy is unique.

I'm not against single mothers,I'm just disputing the hypothesis that having had a child means fertility.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by khiaa(f): 8:10am On Oct 02, 2014
MadCow1: Observations of a Mad Cow.. Why are most of the responses on this thread so far gender bias towards the women? The title didn't specify single mothers, it said "someone who has a child".. Even the female respondents are ignoring the single fathers and focusing on single mothers like they are lesbians. grin

I guess the trend of the responses speaks a great deal about our overall mentality as a people towards single parents which is;

Single Father = acceptable..
Single Mothers = taboo..

Just an observation.. But it's none of my business..

The op said single mothers out of wedlock.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by leonshom(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2014
krall: Big turn off.

How did the kid (or should I say the "singleness" )come about in the first place? undecided

If the father of the child is still alive then I see no reason for them all not to be "together".

What if d father of the child is married to another woman?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 02, 2014
khiaa:

You don't hate Nigerians.

Khia, Are you a single Mum?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Lilimax(f): 8:14am On Oct 02, 2014
dhardline: Its still ok to marry a lady who already has a child,those who dont have yet do you know how many abortions(murder)they have committed?no body holy pass.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by omofela85(m): 8:14am On Oct 02, 2014
Can you also marry someone you dated for two years and after which there is a dispute between the. The lady in question got pregnant and gave birth to a bouncing baby boy but not happy in her marital home and she and the friend of my now have get back on a normal note. She want to come back. After 1 for somebody else. Hell no for me.what of you
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by freecocoa(f): 8:14am On Oct 02, 2014
Better a single mum than a serial abortionist abi abortioner if you asked me.

Yea I can marry a single father, but to be honest, it would be a lot easier if the child was a sweetheart and not one pain in the a$$ undecided.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Lilimax(f): 8:14am On Oct 02, 2014
dmz: Makes no difference to me. As long as there is no serious complications with the baby daddy. Respect for people who don't take the easy way out (abortion).
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 8:15am On Oct 02, 2014
Aystormz:

Their child's father doesn't want them. Many single dads dont even have the means to wed them, let alone nurture their own child.
den y did she plug her head into such situation. it means she didn't prepare and plan
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Lilimax(f): 8:15am On Oct 02, 2014
freecocoa: Better a single mum than a serial abortionist abi abortioner if you asked me.

So true!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Dt03(m): 8:15am On Oct 02, 2014
yes i can
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by 100Cents: 8:15am On Oct 02, 2014
Do not try this at home..
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ojialo(m): 8:15am On Oct 02, 2014
austinereds: complete turn off for me.ain't easy taking care of a woman with child....even after accepting responsibility u will face an uphill problem esp if the kid is a male child..

explain better.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2014
It is going to be a hard one for me to take..
Though my acceptance will hugely depend on my love for her and the scenario surrounding the child.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 02, 2014
Marrying someone after one child is like buying a london used phone. You lose the privilege of breaking the seal.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ojialo(m): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2014
I don't see anything wrong dating a single mother.... my woman was once married with a child... I'm enjoying my relationship.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 8:22am On Oct 02, 2014
Aystormz:

Their child's father doesn't want them. Many single dads dont even have the means to wed them, let alone nurture their own child.
y do u think some people especially men are getting married in late30s.it is because of future of deir children. dey plan and prepare ahead. as a lady ask a man y he is not married even when he is 40? do u know some men know what dey want before plunging into d river. na sense. ooooi. hold ur blocus if u know say u no fit train child now and girls close dose legs if u don't have plan for urself
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by jude33084(m): 8:25am On Oct 02, 2014
If some guys can patronize ashawo and later marry them, why can't you marry a single mother or father? cool
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by paris10: 8:26am On Oct 02, 2014
A lot of single parents on this forum are going to have a sleepless night 'cause of all the negative comments about them.

Its unfair sha to judge people based on the 'mistake' they did. But seriously, single ladies dont give a monkey about you guys too. They love their children. They're glad they didn't do what the younger ladies would do...abortion.

Single parents are lovely people who dont bullsh*t about. They are matured of the things of life and care much more than your average chewing gum girls.

Disadvantage: They are not that happy people. It will take patience and love and lots of money and caring to make them happy.

Love their kids too.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 8:26am On Oct 02, 2014
freecocoa: Better a single mum than a serial abortionist abi abortioner if you asked me.

Yea I can marry a single father, but to be honest, it would be a lot easier if the child was a sweetheart and not one pain in the a$$ undecided.
u can see conditions adding up
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by awofe20(m): 8:27am On Oct 02, 2014
NO
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Isiterere(m): 8:28am On Oct 02, 2014
Safari29:

my friend think about it. Again think deep about it. It is difficult. It is not meant for a young guy. Am talking from experience. U are going to be third on her priority list. U are definately going to marry her with her kid. her kid must like you. You are going to make her happy almost every time because if u don't u ll be resented. if she is smarter than you pls forget it. most of them are pathetic because of their past and dont have a heart. If she is supportive and u know genuinely that she loves u (not just I love u I love you too)then I wish u the best. I know you have butterfly in ur tommy now wait till you guys are in bad terms. then u know if she really loves u or not
this so happened to me, I was third on her priority. Everything is all about her and the baby.They can be very insecure even more than a complete single gal. This same reason was part of why I quit the relationship.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by khiaa(f): 8:30am On Oct 02, 2014
thorpido: To those saying a single mother proves she is fertile,HOW WRONG YOU ARE!
There is something called SECONDARY INFERTILITY.That a woman has had a child is no guarantee that she can have another one.There are countless women struggling to get pregnant again after they already had a child.Every pregnancy is unique.

I'm not against single mothers,I'm just disputing the hypothesis that having had a child means fertility.

Yes this is true there is no guarantee of a pregnancy because the new man (you) could be the one who is infertile.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by biolamoshood: 8:30am On Oct 02, 2014
Omo bibi okin se arun, single mother is d best
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by kennynelcon(m): 8:30am On Oct 02, 2014
It makes family complicated
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by kennynelcon(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2014
It makes family complicated, NO
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by DWJOBScom(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2014
khiaa:

So you would marry her but you wouldn't trust her? sad

Will be a good friend(with all the alarms on) court when she checks and marry afterwards
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by leonshom(m): 8:32am On Oct 02, 2014
Being a single mother is not as bad as the society painted it. A single mother could make a good wife, while a woman without a child could as well make a good wife.
It depends on those in this shoe to know their reasons for getting married,especially the man involved.
Single parenting might have been as a result of broken home/divorce,unwanted pregnancy "wedlock",failed promises/relationship etc.
It both have its advantages and disadvantages.
So far they both can love and understand each other, they should have a good home.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by macjireh: 8:33am On Oct 02, 2014
databoy247: I have often been in hot conversations with other peeps, and most of them sound like it's a taboo to get married to a lady who has a child (maybe out of wedlock). It's usually cool when they as guys having one or two kids wants a lady to get married to them but when its the reverse, na war.

Wat's behind this mentality? And are single unmarried ladies who already have a child actually "bad" like the society paint the picture? Am not a traditionalist so i really dont discriminate but my peeps sometimes see me as someone who have "lost it" cos i dont see anything wrong with single ladies (with a kid). Your views pls....

SINCE U HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH DAT, LEMME KNOW SO I CAN LINK U WITH ONE, AM SURE U WILL LOVE HER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

His Girlfriend Was Sex Chatting With Another Guy. What Should He Do?! / Why I Shot My ‘Prostitute’ Girlfriend ― Jealous Boyfriend Confesses / "This Is Our Husband" - 4 Beautiful Wives Proudly Flaunt Their Husband (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.