Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1231908 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 9:43am On Apr 29, 2015
My people, Anambra State has attracted a $61 million investment to build a large scale poultry farm. This partnership will create jobs and take us a step closer to achieving food security. God bless you all. cool

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:55am On Apr 29, 2015
BuddahMonk:
serious i dont know why some people are unnecessarily clannish, this man should have opened this in Onicha, Nnewi or Oka instaed of sleepy town of Umuchu, how many people will be patronizing it now except during christmas.

na him money shaa, anything that rocks his boat, hotels like this doesnt make economical sense to site it at Umuchu........... Budda Monk!, This guy is very serious in trying to recreates Nnewi revival again in his Town Umuchu!. Please let us appreciate his efforts in this regard!. He also have a very Big intergrated Farm which includes Poultry, Fish,Piggery etc etc!. Please remember that Sango Ota in Ogun State was a very rural Village until Obasanjo took the risk to set-up Obasanjo Farms there!.Budda Think Home!

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2015
New street road work at 33 Onitsha

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 11:02am On Apr 29, 2015
I'm really impressed with this Obiano guy!.....And i'm not easily impressed!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 11:03am On Apr 29, 2015
investnow2013:

^^^What would it have cost to have those open gutters covered! sad

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 11:06am On Apr 29, 2015
BuddahMonk:
new hotel at Umuchu

^^^Nice!....Though they could have come up with a better solution for the airconditioning!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by biafransoul: 11:07am On Apr 29, 2015
IGBOSON1:

I wonder o!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetemeny: 11:14am On Apr 29, 2015
IGBOSON1:

Let us teach them how to shape a gutter to take the water out to a carnal, river or wet land.

The water collected from the rain are very good for the soil in areas where rice can be grown.

The whole network should be view as a resources and channeled properly to water agriculture area or soil.

Much of these gutters are for rain water and not waste from toilet.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VAQAXY: 11:22am On Apr 29, 2015
Nwanne enough chicken for Anambra people. Whoa! cheesy

Obiano is on over drive..

ak47mann:
My people, Anambra State has attracted a $61 million investment to build a large scale poultry farm. This partnership will create jobs and take us a step closer to achieving food security. God bless you all. cool

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetemeny: 11:25am On Apr 29, 2015
Pedestrian path, steel frame road side gutter cover, surface water way to gutter.

Don't make the east look disgusting with open gutters everywhere, a job worth doing is worth doing well.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 11:37am On Apr 29, 2015
waternogetemeny:
Pedestrian path, steel frame road side gutter cover, surface water way to gutter.

Don't make the east look disgusting with open gutters everywhere, a job worth doing is worth doing well.

^^^Bros, the drain-grill in your first pic isn't feasible for Nigerian cities! They'll be nicked seconds after being installed!! lipsrsealed
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetemeny: 11:41am On Apr 29, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Bros, the drain-grill in your first pic isn't feasible for Nigerian cities! They'll be nicked seconds after being installed!! lipsrsealed

lolz! Naija people! cheesy cheesy cheesy

We blame gov but the gov are of the people. Which way? grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetemeny: 11:43am On Apr 29, 2015
Some ways to beautify the streets with alot of vechicle movement and provide safety.

They will probably nick these barriers too. undecided

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 11:43am On Apr 29, 2015
Is the integrated farm already up and running?[quote author=investnow2013 post=33229305][/quote]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetemeny: 11:54am On Apr 29, 2015
They should try to build roads for people to walk, when building roads for cars and bicycle.

That should be law and mandatory.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
Schematics:
I don't think it is about Umuchu but Anambra south. The entire Anambra south does not have an ordinary 2 star hotel.

All the big hotels are located in Anambra Central where you have bulk of the hotels including the 5 star Agulu Resort and Anambra North where you have another 5 star Onitsha Resort (Raddison Blu).

I think its a good thing to have at least a 4 star hotel like this in Anambra south which has none up till now except this new one.

Remember Anambra south has the highest number of super rich individuals in Anambra State and by extension SE. They need some thing world class as this to entertain their numerous visitors and host their occasions.

Actually, the dude may always have business partners coming to see him and there is no decent hotel to put them into.
Again, part of the disasterous mentality of Nigeria of concentrating every thing in Lagos or Abuja is rubbing off on us.

He may not make more money by siting his hotel at Umuchu than Onitsha. But it might be solving an important logistic problem for him. Besides, didn't Peter Obi site a hotel in Agulu? I don't believe everything should be in Onitsha, Nnewi or Awka. We must and should encourage every town to develop. My support for Obiano to develop the vast areas of Anambra north is purely out of a need to spread development evenly

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
I noticed a lot of inner road works and upgrade around 3-3 and Trans-Nkisi. This is a smooth ride!

investnow2013:

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
CJ, you got the point I was trying to make. The whole essence of development is spreading it out to the inner most part of the society. The same reason I commend the total road projects across all communities in Anambra.

This will encourage people to move towards those locations than concentrating in the major cities of the state.

As for Agulu Resort, according to the master plan Agulu town falls within the Awka Capital Territory.

Like I said earlier the entire Anambra South does not have such facility of that magnitude as can easily be found in Anambra Central and Anambra North. So its a welcome development to accommodate guests, occasions and events in that region.

Let the development spread out.

cjrane:

Actually, the dude may always have business partners coming to see him and there is no decent hotel to put them into.
Again, part of the disasterous mentality of Nigeria of concentrating every thing in Lagos or Abuja is rubbing off on us.

He may not make more money by siting his hotel at Umuchu than Onitsha. But it might be solving an important logistic problem for him. Besides, didn't Peter Obi site a hotel in Agulu? I don't believe everything should be in Onitsha, Nnewi or Awka. We must and should encourage every town to develop.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
VAQAXY:
Nwanne enough chicken for Anambra people. Whoa! cheesy

Obiano is on over drive..

His doing marvelously well cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by dmelia: 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has
appointed the former Governor of
Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi, as the new
Chairman of the Securities and Exchange
Commission. Mr Obi’s appointment was announced
on Monday.
According to the presidency, his
appointment takes immediate effect.
He was the Governor of Anambra State
for two terms, between 2006 and 2014.
President Jonathan also approved the
confirmation of Mr Mounir Gwarzo as
Director General of the Securities and
Exchange Commission.
Mr Gwarzo, who has been acting as
Director-General of the Commission, was
appointed to the Board of the Securities
and Exchange Commission as Executive
Commissioner in January, 2013.
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan also
relieved the Executive Secretary/Chief
Executive Officer of the National Health
Insurance Scheme (NHIS), Dr. Femi
Thomas, of his appointment with
immediate effect and approved the
appointment of Mr Olufemi Akingbade,
as Acting Executive Secretary/Chief
Executive Officer of the NHIS.
Mr Akingbade, who hails from Ekiti State
and holds a Bachelors Degree in
Computer Science as well as a Masters
in Business Administration, was the
General Manager, ICT in the NHIS until
his new appointment.
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/04/27/jonathan-appoints-peter-obi-as-chairman-of-sec/
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
VIDEO: Time Is Now Ripe For The Niger Delta Region To Secede From Nigeria-Ann-Kio Briggs.
Video Credit : Sahara Reporters.
cool

https://www.facebook.com/gbaboyor.jude
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
asha80:
Is the integrated farm already up and running?
yes! For some years now!. He is planning other forms of investments in Umuchu!. He is also the proud owner of Orient newspapers!. He is also into haulage,Shipping,Printing press & Sole Distributor of Wood machines from Uk!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Schematics:
CJ, you got the point I was trying to make. The whole essence of development is spreading it out to the inner most part of the society. The same reason I commend the total road projects across all communities in Anambra.

This will encourage people to move towards those locations than concentrating in the major cities of the state.

As for Agulu Resort, according to the master plan Agulu town falls within the Awka Capital Territory.

Like I said earlier the entire Anambra South does not have such facility of that magnitude as can easily be found in Anambra Central and Anambra North. So its a welcome development to accommodate guests, occasions and events in that region.

Let the development spread out.

Isn't Umuchu close to Fedpoly Oko?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
Its same LGA (Aguata) but the two towns are not that quite close to each other..

Step2002:

Isn't Umuchu close to Fedpoly Oko?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
You always like to defend anything that happens in Anambra whether good or bad.

Like i said before its his money so he can spend it anyway he prefers but if i were to be among his friends or business partners i wont advise him to site such mega project in the sleepy rural village of Umuchu.

If Anambra South doesnt have good hotels is Nnewi or Ozubulu closer to therm not in Anambra South.
The first reason for siting a business is the availablity of raw materials or market.
Who will be going there to wed at Umuchu, how many singles are even staying in the villages, does trados take place in hotel abi do Igbos call receptions in hotels after ceremonies.

Am from south Okija to precise, i cant even site a one star hotel in my village when Nnewi is there yearning for event centers.

Agulu lake resort was siting because of the availbility of Lake that can boast tourism and Agulu is under Awka Capital city even Enugwu Ukwu and Abaganas them, from Oka to Agulu is 10mins drive.

This was how one yeye man built a factory at one village like that and he wasnt spending in adverts, few years the company closed down he started crying and said he is relocating to lagos.

Why didnt Pokobros site all his hotels in Oka and Asaba in his village.
Calidons didnt site any in his Nando village.
Why didnt Dozzy site all his coys at Okija or Orange Drugs in his village.

People like Onijackson is building skyscraper in Lagos but the day he will build one in East he will go and site it at his fathers compound in Okija.
Check that 6 storey building that is wasting away at Ozubulu own by jerome Udoji, if he had sited it in Onicha or Oka that building will be a money spiner now but check the location and state of the building and see why a city is a city and a village a village.
Pls lets shun clannishness because it doesnt pay.

@Odenigbo what do you have to say?

Schematics:
I don't think it is about Umuchu but Anambra south. The entire Anambra south does not have an ordinary 2 star hotel.

All the big hotels are located in Anambra Central where you have bulk of the hotels including the 5 star Agulu Resort and Anambra North where you have another 5 star Onitsha Resort (Raddison Blu).

I think its a good thing to have at least a 4 star hotel like this in Anambra south which has none up till now except this new one.

Remember Anambra south has the highest number of super rich individuals in Anambra State and by extension SE. They need some thing world class as this to entertain their numerous visitors and host their occasions.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by biafransoul: 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
BuddahMonk:
You always like to defend anything that happens in Anambra whether good or bad.

Like i said before its his money so he can spend it anyway he prefers but if i were to be among his friends or business partners i wont advise him to site such mega project in the sleepy rural village of Umuchu.

If Anambra South doesnt have good hotels is Nnewi or Ozubulu closer to therm not in Anambra South.
The first reason for siting a business is the availablity of raw materials or market.
Who will be going there to wed at Umuchu, how many singles are even staying in the villages, does trados take place in hotel abi do Igbos call receptions in hotels after ceremonies.

Am from south Okija to precise, i cant even site a one star hotel in my village when Nnewi is there yearning for event centers.

Agulu lake resort was siting because of the availbility of Lake that can boast tourism and Agulu is under Awka Capital city even Enugwu Ukwu and Abaganas them, from Oka to Agulu is 10mins drive.

This was how one yeye man built a factory at one village like that and he wasnt spending in adverts, few years the company closed down he started crying and said he is relocating to lagos.

Why didnt Pokobros site all his hotels in Oka and Asaba in his village.
Calidons didnt site any in his Nando village.
Why didnt Dozzy site all his coys at Okija or Orange Drugs in his village.

People like Onijackson is building skyscraper in Lagos but the day he will build one in East he will go and site it at his fathers compound in Okija.
Check that 6 storey building that is wasting away at Ozubulu own by jerome Udoji, if he had sited it in Onicha or Oka that building will be a money spiner now but check the location and state of the building and see why a city is a city and a village a village.
Pls lets shun clannishness because it doesnt pay.

@Odenigbo what do you have to say?

Nnam, Thank you jare
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
A silent revolution is going on in Akili Ozizor, Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State courtesy of the Senator-elect for Anambra North, Princess Stella Oduah.

Sitting on a 600-hectare land area, equipment worth billions of naira have been installed, while others were at various levels of completion. Fish ponds are springing up everywhere within the farm, while the latest technological inventions in agriculture are being used to ensure maximum productivity.

For each hectare, 20 people are engaged thereby creating jobs for 12,000 people, excluding those to be engaged in the processing and storage plants. The project, according to Oduah’s vision, is not restricted to Akili community but will be replicated in several communities in Anambra North district. The idea is to curtail unemployment, eradicate poverty and develop communities because in industrialisation, agriculture comes with development. For the fact that there are some communities in Anambra North that do not have light and water, one cannot site factories without the two necessities. So, automatically it will come with all these benefits for the people.

While on a recent inspection of facilities at the agric village in her country home, Akili Ozizor, Princess Oduah said the project was a practical demonstration of all she had been preaching were possible.

“This exemplifies the fact that all the visions are realizable and not a pipe dream. It is not campaign promises too and for one to demonstrate that, it must be showcased like this. In kick-starting this project, far from boasting, we have the largest fish farm here. We also have the largest hatchery that in terms of production, we can raise 2.5 million birds every day. That is huge and that will go a long way to empower the young fishermen that we want to train professionally to go into fishery. When it comes to processing, we have more than 15 processing plants in place for pepper, tomatoes, corn, cassava flower, yam starch and maize flower, among others. The essence again is to demonstrate that industrialization is also possible.

“The corns, tomatoes and all other products to be processed come from the farm. In the South-East geopolitical zone, Anambra North produces more yams and cassava than any of the senatorial zones in the five states of the South-East but what we don’t have is the enabling environment to add value to these crops. And because we are seasonal farmers, they perish. They cultivate and as they harvest, the products perish. When you then look at the effort put in farming, it is not commensurate with the revenue that accrues to the farmers at the end of their toils, which is a serious discouragement.

“Mine is to encourage farmers to not only continue farming but for them to do it in a mechanised way. Not only that; it is my duty to also guarantee them the purchase of their farm products and that is the essence of the processing machines. To ensure that whatever they produce will not perish, but will be absorbed into the factories that will process them while they still get the market value.

“Clusters of farmers’ cooperatives will be formed in each community so that whosoever is planting in each community will be identified and the machines to process the crops are already in place. The next step is to have clusters of these processing machines in every community. Each community will have some crops they specialize in producing depending on their soil texture, innate skills and their passion. There are some crops a particular community may like to be planting but the other community may not like it but with our engagement of advisors who will give them the professional advice on the economic values of those crops, they will choose right but what is key is that our farmers will go home happier and wealthier.

“This is not something to be read in a book only, it is not a fairytale or also rocket science. It is easy to say that N1 billion is coming into agriculture, but we want to see that translate into life where these things actually happen. The farms can be seen and located, crops will actually be planted and the impact will be seen in the communities because if it doesn’t happen, it becomes the usual pack of lies politician or government tells the people. The time for those kinds of lies is gone for good in our socio-political climate because the people are now wiser,” she said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=116844

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
Budda,I really think the hotel is too big to be sited in Umuchu but we also have to consider other circumstances that might have pushed him to site this building in his town. Would Knew I people sell land to him ? I seriously doubt it but I am sure Awka would have been an even better option.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
investnow2013:
when will the governor start doing street roads in awka?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
Team ABS wins award at BBC value of airtime workshop

Team ABS (Anambra Broadcasting Service) led by Uche Nworah (MD/CEO) and Uche Obitube (Head of Onitsha station) won a digital audio recorder for outstanding presentation in vision, mission and core values of an organisation on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at the BBC Value of airtime workshop held at Protea Hotel, VI, Lagos.

Mr Nworah thanked the BBC for the equipment and said that the organisation will put it to good use. He also praised the BBC for putting together the workshop for its partner stations saying that the new insights gained and skills learnt will lead to better content development.

http://absradiotv.com/index.php/national/n/south-west/1160-team-abs-wins-award-at-bbc-value-of-airtime-workshop

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
Just found out right now that the new Airport road dualization was awarded to CCC. I am sure that the level of work must have gone far by now..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

when will the governor start doing street roads in awka?

Street roads?? Like where and where??
Most streets in Awka are tarred jareeh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.