Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1231601 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:50pm On May 17, 2015
AnambraDota:

When Okorochas daughter wedded Akpabio was the Chairman and many other PDP guys gracing the occassion.
I know you carried this mentality from the wall of Ngige Nwachukwu, I saw it on Ngige Nwachukwu's wall and thank God people have sent him to the cleaners.

He fled his own post because nobody agreed with him even abokii APC members were against him.

keep fooling yourself. Its obvious Peter obi has used your brain for ritual.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 8:27pm On May 17, 2015
This thread is gradually being rubbished by Chino vs. Abagworo style quarrels being re-enacted by copycat actors.

Each time i see the thread had been updated,it is always about some unsavory jabs from same people.
I am begging you guys to save the thread by posting encouraging things. These quarrels about peter obi sef!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 8:39pm On May 17, 2015
Gabros FC. Shares top position with sunsjine stars of Akure after defeating Sharks of portharcourt by a lone goal in Nnewi. Dis evening.

Coach Stephen keshi was there live

14 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 8:47pm On May 17, 2015
uduokirika1:
Gabros FC. Shares top position with sunsjine stars of Akure after defeating Sharks of portharcourt by a lone goal in Nnewi. Dis evening.

Coach Stephen keshi was there live
Delightful news!
Very soon Gabros players will break into the national team. Kudos to Ifeanyi Ubah for bringing football stars to nnewi once in a while

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by rafindo(m): 9:10pm On May 17, 2015
uduokirika,zona com,odenigboaroli,groundnut.I would you to all to give ur own take on which of this template should be used in developing football in anambra.
government funded model.

private/individual ownership.

corporate body ownership.

community fan base ownership.

ur insight into these model will position the state into achieving great limelight.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 9:14pm On May 17, 2015
Zonacom:

Delightful news!
Very soon Gabros players will break into the national team. Kudos to Ifeanyi Ubah for bringing football stars to nnewi once in a while
currently goalkeeper Chidi Eze and Full back chibuzor okonkwo ve already listed in new super eagles squad to play d next friendly. So far Gabros still remain d only club side yet to concede a goal at home and also least goals conceded both home and away

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Collynzo9: 9:22pm On May 17, 2015
uduokirika1:
currently goalkeeper Chidi Eze and Full back chibuzor okonkwo ve already listed in new super eagles squad to play d next friendly. So far Gabros still remain d only club side yet to concede a goal at home and also least goals conceded both home and away
Let them end Kano pillars unbeaten record at home on Wednesday, Kano pillars beat Abia warriors in Umuahia today.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 9:25pm On May 17, 2015
rafindo:
uduokirika,zona com,odenigboaroli,groundnut.I would you to all to give ur own take on which of this template should be used in developing football in anambra.
government funded model.

ur insight into these model will position the state into achieving great limelight.
for now govt provision of infrasture (stadium) while a private/partnership( community ownership) be advocated for. It is very appalling dat a state like anambra has no standard stadium. Also bear in mind dat from next match Gabros might be moved to Enugu due to lack of a standard playing turf and dis might affect their result!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 9:41pm On May 17, 2015
I thought there is a stadium under construction at Nnewi by Ifeanyi Uba for his club?

uduokirika1:
for now govt provision of infrasture (stadium) while a private/partnership( community ownership) be advocated for. It is very appalling dat a state like anambra has no standard stadium. Also bear in mind dat from next match Gabros might be moved to Enugu due to lack of a standard playing turf and dis might affect their result!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 9:50pm On May 17, 2015
oneeast:
I thought there is a stadium under construction at Nnewi by Ifeanyi Uba for his club?

yeah but dat won't be ready until next season. Even Rojenny dat was hitherto approved i heard d grasses are been replaced with an artificial turf. Neros stadium is yet to be completed. The two completed stadia in Onitsha are just but mini stadia which are below stardard requirements by d LMC

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by DaVerdict: 9:53pm On May 17, 2015
rafindo:
government funded model.

I would go with community fan based ownership, with a little bit of private and corporate body inputs.For me Government input should be out of the equation.

Also a well structured management team devoid of bitter politics and our usual individualistic approach to things. But more importantly a well secured environment before,during and after home matches, this way folks can feel secured and go to matches with their loved ones without fear whatsoever.

Anambra state must set the pace....we are uncommon creatures.

DALUNU UMUNNEM.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:08pm On May 17, 2015
rafindo:
government funded model.

Definitely the community fan based ownership because there isn't any reason why a town like Okija,Ozubulu,Amichi,Awkaetiti,Nnewi to mention a will not be able to nurture and sponsor a club with all these billonaires floating around. Ndi Anambra need to change the way they do business if we must meet our expectation. A state that boast of the likes of Emeka Offor,Ifeanyi Uba,Arthur Eze and Obi Jackson should be struggling with financing a local club side. Do you guys know we don't even have a football Academy in Anambra. We need to do a lot of changes within ourselves if we really wanna be the pride of Africa. We need to enhance our cooperation and build Anambra from within so that our wealth can remain in our land.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:22pm On May 17, 2015
uduokirika1:
yeah but dat won't be ready until next season. Even Rojenny dat was hitherto approved i heard d grasses are been replaced with an artificial turf. Neros stadium is yet to be completed. The two completed stadia in Onitsha are just but mini stadia which are below stardard requirements by d LMC
This is the sorta nonsense Peter obi littered Anambra with. Completed stadia indeed

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 10:33pm On May 17, 2015
FreeGlobe:

This is the sorta nonsense Peter obi littered Anambra with. Completed stadia indeed
Obiano is also following his foot steps in this regard, 'cos Awka stadium under construction is also a mini stadium!!!!! So what do u have to say about this?

Anambra state successive govt ve not really been proactive with respect to sports. Development.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:37pm On May 17, 2015
Obi was never trying to build state of the art stadium but a comfortable ground where local talents can be discovered and developed.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:38pm On May 17, 2015
uduokirika1:
Obiano is also following his foot steps in this regard, 'cos Awka stadium under construction is also a mini stadium!!!!! So what do u have to say about this?

Anambra state successive govt ve not really been proactive with respect to sports. Development.
Sad.. I know Ngige awarded a standard stadium project at the amaenyi axis of awka. I think the land is still there, perhaps people close to the governor should bring this issue to his notice. I think obiano is the type of guy that can continue with that project

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:41pm On May 17, 2015
uduokirika1:

For now we don't need a white elephant kind of stadium. If they can refurbish the Rojenny Oba we can manage that till we have the muscle to meet our wish.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 11:48pm On May 17, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Sad.. I know Ngige awarded a standard stadium project at the amaenyi axis of awka. I think the land is still there, perhaps people close to the governor should bring this issue to his notice. I think obiano is the type of guy that can continue with that project

Please Ngige. Did what? Let's not go into dat I personally went to d site while d jiggles were all over d place dat Ngige was buildind a 30,000 capacity stadium,not even. A sign post to identify d site, dat was in 2004, mind u Ngige left office in 2006 if he was dat serious d project ought to ve commenced!!! And Peter Obi won't ve any excuse Dan to complete it.

Like I said earlier Successive Anambra govt are not really interested in sports development.if states like Delta and. Ogun can boast of 4 stadia I see no reason why we can't afford just one!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 12:07am On May 18, 2015
I don't know what Anambra state government are planning to do about this fake news that was published by Osun defenders about the state, Obiano should ensure he sues them for all they worth for this Calumny against the state.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 12:18am On May 18, 2015
Ndi be anyi kedu nke na-eme n'anambra?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:48am On May 18, 2015
winniz:
I don't know what Anambra state government are planning to do about this fake news that was published by Osun defenders about the state, Obiano should ensure he sues them for all they worth for this Calumny against the state.

No need to flog a dead horse, Osun is a dead state, what did Anambra State and Osun state have in common, the economy of Ihiala and Okija alone is bigger than everything that happening in that mud apparition.

Why worry yourself over an ant colony of a barren beggarly state called Osun that can't feed her people.
Have you seen a famous person and people are saying he is from Osun state, have you seen a pure wota that is being manufactured in Osun state .

Anambra don't discuss about an Osun its an Osun state that will be discussing about an Anambra state, Americans don't talk about Pakistanis, its Pakistanis that will be showing anti-America sentiments because they are at the bottom of the ladder so to stay relevant you only need to spar with the leader not that you have the stamina to stand his barrage of punches .

Chelsea consider Barca their rival in Europe while West Ham sees Millwall as their rival, Barca don't talk about a match between them and Millwall and Chelsea won't even know any team in Spanish lower league.

You can only torment the rich, the poor have nothing to lose~Imelda Marcos

How much should Anambra make from suing a place that look like Osun when the state is already in red and insolvent, they are still indebted to Anambra State having sold bonds in the Stock Market and used the proceeds to party and marry uncountable wives.

Osun is backward village that need aid instead of lawsuit to survive.
I will advise us to start a campaign to help Osun people and not by aggravating their sufferings by slamming a lawsuit on the already collapsed village.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:07am On May 18, 2015
uduokirika1:

Please Ngige. Did what? Let's not go into dat I personally went to d site while d jiggles were all over d place dat Ngige was buildind a 30,000 capacity stadium,not even. A sign post to identify d site, dat was in 2004, mind u Ngige left office in 2006 if he was dat serious d project ought to ve commenced!!! And Peter Obi won't ve any excuse Dan to complete it.

Like I said earlier Successive Anambra govt are not really interested in sports development.if states like Delta and. Ogun can boast of 4 stadia I see no reason why we can't afford just one!!!!!

One thing I discovered about Anambra government and her people is the economic importance of everything they want to get involved with.

I don't like it that Anambra have no standard stadium but it gives me joy that Anambra is ahead in education, health, environment, roads, housing, jobs and lower poverty rate.

Anambra deserves a standard staduim but let's fix the basic things first, there are state in Nigeria with airport nobody uses, some build stadia nobody uses, some built hotels without tourists yet they are down in the pecking order in the MDGs result.

I wish Anambra will use the staduim money to link MCC and Oraifite with a flyover, link Uga street and Atani Road with another flyover and dualize Atani Road for industrial expansion.

I want Anambra to build a State poly in Onicha and open a campus in Nnewi, we can do it if our government had my vision.

I was embittered when Power Mike was sold to Calidons, I used PowerMike when I was still small then in Secondary and I know how much we cherish the stadium being only mini stadium in Onicha Zone back then.
But when I discovered the place isn't that viable, they don't even have staffers, they rarely pay their workers salaries, pitch was already going bald...I lost interest in PowerMike but when I discovered it was bought by Calidon, a big and powerful factory is there now, any day am passing there and see thousands of our people trooping out from the company I feel elated and happy knowing how much food that have been placed people's tables.

Stadium is good but considering current economic reality I will ditch stadium for more people oriented projects like schools, roads and hospitals

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:26am On May 18, 2015
Even Brazil is regreting why she spent billions on stadia that only turn out to be parking lots after the WC
Remember how lucrative soccer is in Brazil yet the government isn't happy about the investment

www.vox.com/2015/5/12/8592805/brazil-world-cup-stadiums

screamer.deadspin.com/brazils-world-cup-stadiums-were-a-colossal-waste-of-mon-1703964012

thinkprogress.org/sports/2015/05/12/3657744/brazils-expensive-world-cup-stadium-now-just-bus-parking-lot/

thinkprogress.org/sports/2015/05/12/3657744/brazils-expensive-world-cup-stadium-now-just-bus-parking-lot/

Pls let the rich Omanbalas give us stadium, all the money Emeka Offor is spending to eradicate polio in Northern Nigeria why can't he invest it in the state and let Dangote cater for his kinsmen.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 9:30am On May 18, 2015
BuddahMonk:

No need to flog a dead horse, Osun is a dead state, what did Anambra State and Osun state have in common, the economy of Ihiala and Okija alone is bigger than everything that happening in that mud apparition.

Why worry yourself over an ant colony of a barren beggarly state called Osun that can't feed her people.
Have you seen a famous person and people are saying he is from Osun state, have you seen a pure wota that is being manufactured in Osun state .

Anambra don't discuss about an Osun its an Osun state that will be discussing about an Anambra state, Americans don't talk about Pakistanis, its Pakistanis that will be showing anti-America sentiments because they are at the bottom of the ladder so to stay relevant you only need to spar with the leader not that you have the stamina to stand his barrage of punches .

Chelsea consider Barca their rival in Europe while West Ham sees Millwall as their rival, Barca don't talk about a match between them and Millwall and Chelsea won't even know any team in Spanish lower league.

How much should Anambra make from suing a place that look like Osun when the state is already in red and insolvent, they are still indebted to Anambra State having sold bonds in the Stock Market and used the proceeds to party and marry uncountable wives.

I will advise us to start a campaign to help Osun people and not by aggravating their sufferings by slamming a lawsuit on the already collapsed village.
grin grin O boy lwkm, I tabled their Bleep yesterday they took to their heels and closed the thread although I knew it will happen I saved the page I'll remind them at the appropriate time.

This is thread BUSTED!! Where The Living Buys The Dead In Lagos - Politics - Nigeria.htm

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:18am On May 18, 2015
FKO81:

grin grin O boy lwkm, I tabled their Bleep yesterday they took to their heels and closed the thread although I knew it will happen I saved the page I'll remind them at the appropriate time.

This is thread BUSTED!! Where The Living Buys The Dead In Lagos - Politics - Nigeria.htm

I wanted to join the war but when I saw you have already won the battle I couldn't help but laughing

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 10:39am On May 18, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Well said cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:46am On May 18, 2015
BuddahMonk:

This is a killer ....."Mud apparition"....Nnaa,umu ofenmanu ya ebekwa akwa ma fa fu nkaa.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by funkybully(f): 12:05pm On May 18, 2015
I will enjoin well to do Anambra men to go into media business just like orji uzo kalu. The sw is tainting igbos black with media and it's not funny any more.

Something needs to be done urgently

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Handsomegod(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2015
BuddahMonk:

One thing I discovered about Anambra government and her people is the economic importance of everything they want to get involved with.

I don't like it that Anambra have no standard stadium but it gives me joy that Anambra is ahead in education, health, environment, roads, housing, jobs and lower poverty rate.

Anambra deserves a standard staduim but let's fix the basic things first, there are state in Nigeria with airport nobody uses, some build stadia nobody uses, some built hotels without tourists yet they are down in the pecking order in the MDGs result.

I wish Anambra will use the staduim money to link MCC and Oraifite with a flyover, link Uga street and Atani Road with another flyover and dualize Atani Road for industrial expansion.

I want Anambra to build a State poly in Onicha and open a campus in Nnewi, we can do it if our government had my vision.

I was embittered when Power Mike was sold to Calidons, I used PowerMike when I was still small then in Secondary and I know how much we cherish the stadium being only mini stadium in Onicha Zone back then.
But when I discovered the place isn't that viable, they don't even have staffers, they rarely pay their workers salaries, pitch was already going bald...I lost interest in PowerMike but when I discovered it was bought by Calidon, a big and powerful factory is there now, any day am passing there and see thousands of our people trooping out from the company I feel elated and happy knowing how much food that have been placed people's tables.

Stadium is good but considering current economic reality I will ditch stadium for more people oriented projects like schools, roads and hospitals
No one could have said it better. Rojeny will be ready next year and IFeanyi Uba's stadium will also be ready same next year.A quick fix of Nero's complex will save the day and ensure home matches are played within Anambra state.
The issue of fly overs linking mcc and oraifite vis uga street and atani road will not only be a complete game changer but will totally alter the traffic charcter in those axis.I wonder who benefits from that girdlock and why successive governments failed to appreciate the import of such key projects. Guy ur response to the osun debacle was a hercules punch! U be real onye obi akpor! Na hbp u wan give people abi? Lollzzz!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 12:25pm On May 18, 2015
funkybully:
I will enjoin well to do Anambra men to go into media business just like orji uzo kalu. The sw is tainting igbos black with media and it's not funny any more.

Days of SW ofemmmanu people writing rubbish about igbos will soon end dont worry cool

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 18, 2015
funkybully:

Respect bro, Igbos should start investing in media and communication, Orji has done well in that aspect, Iwuanyanwu should have gone far with Champion but he isn't an astute businessman like Kalu.

We need to start our own print and online media to counter this Zulus going about tarnishing our images.

Anything we are doing that doesn't have its root in the East is nonsense to me, by the time we will start our one media cabal in East everybody will know that there is nothing like balanced journalism.

If the way dominate transport that we have atleast 40% state in newsmedia in Nigeria we will always kill every rumor. Time shall tell sha, the Niger Deltans are waking up, everybody has seen the lies been peddled along lagos Ibadan expressway, soon in Nigeria journalism will collapse we will start seeing tribal newspapers and TVs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 12:32pm On May 18, 2015
chino and co we need more pixs of new development in Anambra state why are you slacking off? cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.