Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1228270 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 11:25pm On May 20, 2015
ikoloanambra:
BBC,Dailymail apologize over human meat restaurant story in Anambra !!!

The BBC and the Dailymail have apologised for wrongly publishing a story about a restaurant in Anambra State, Nigeria, where human flesh is served as meat,saying the story was false and inappropriate.

BBC said it had already begun investigations to confirm what led to such publication and will take necessary steps to ensure the mistake does not occur again.

Full text :
BBC

“The story about the Nigerian restaurant which we published here was a mistake and we apologise. It was incorrect and published without the proper BBC checks. We have removed the story and have launched an urgent investigation into how this happened.
The BBC Swahili service’s reputation for accuracy and balance remains of paramount importance to us and we are taking the appropriate steps to insure that mistakes like this do not happen again.”

Clarifications and corrections

By MAILONLINE

An article on 16 May reported that a Nigerian restaurant was shut down for serving human flesh, based on a BBC Swahili report. BBC Swahili has now confirmed that the story was incorrect and the article has now been removed from our website.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

They allowed themselves to buy into Sahara lie porters lies against the SE and Ndigbo.

When Sahara-lie porters first reported that story, i laughed and ignored it because I knew it was just another propaganda by faceless yoruba people against Igbo people. Unfortunately, many respected news media fell for the lies!

See how they have embarrassed themselves for wholeheartedly swallowing yoruba lies on the internet. grin

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:46pm On May 20, 2015
Obiano reforms in our judiciary yielding results.

The Chief Judge of Anambra State, Justice Peter Umeadi, has revolutionized the entire state judiciary, as well as given the Magistrate Court Division a pride of place, making it the envy of others.

Before now, the Magistrate Court halls and chambers were in dilapidated condition, but today, a visitor to the court premises needs no direction to recognize them as court rooms and chambers.

The sorry state of the magistrate court division in the state first received the innovative acts of Justice Umeadi when an ultra-modern headquarters was built and dedicated in old state High Court premises Awka for the division followed by the rehabilitation of and in some cases building of new courts and chambers across the state.

To further make exalted the magistrate courts, the CJ during the last Judiciary Week introduced new regalia for the magistrates in the state, attire that stood them out and added colour and prestige to the event.

Umeadi had in his address at the special court session for the 2014/2015 Legal Year ceremonies, commended Governor Willie Obiano for approving the construction of three new high courts in Ihiala, Ekwulobia and Otucha with two court halls each with residential houses for the judges and the construction of 14 magistrate court blocks making it 28 magistrate court halls.

Describing the infrastructural development as unprecedented anywhere in the country, Umeadi assured the governor that with the facilities being provided the state judiciary would work to justify the gestures.

The CJ’s love for the magistrate court played out again recently when he made another history in the state by swearing-in 20 newly appointed magistrates.

The new magistrates made up of four men and 16 women are Arinze Ijeoma Juliet, Kanu Onyeka Moses, Ezebilo-Nnedu Obiamaka, Igbokwe Ijeoma, Nwakamma Chika P, Chigbo Chizoba Cathrine, Maduakor N.G.C, Ani-Nnaka Lovet Nwadi, Ezeudeka Stella and Onyekwuru Gladys O. Moneke.

Others are Nduka Victory Chidimma, Onunkwo Ijeoma Ebere, Stanley-Udo Chizoba, Adumah Nnamdi Martins, Eke Peter Nnamdi, Okosi Maureen Eyiuche, Udeze Uzoma, Agwunobi Rebeka, Anyaegbunam Nonye and Ogugua Ifunanya Clara.

The CJ said the state judiciary harvested the best from among those who applied for the job, noting that he was happy that they made the state proud at the examination: “I am proud to announce that the majority of the magistrates from Anambra State scored the highest points in the examination. You should keep your head high because no one that failed was considered.”

He also urged them to emulate the good conduct of those who are already serving, especially in their mode of dressing, their conduct in and out of the court and in hard work.

The chief judge said there was synergy going on between the executive and the judiciary in the area of revenue generation for the state, adding that they would from time to time be deployed to the specialized courts, like the revenue and sanitation courts, which would be established after the enabling law has been passed by the state House of Assembly.

On the appointment of Agbasionwe as the new deputy chief registrar, Umeadi said it was made possible following the appointment of the former holder of the position as a judge of the state high court.

He thanked Obiano for his help and magnanimity towards the state judiciary, stressing that efforts were been intensified to ensure that all the court halls for the 26 serving high court judges would become fully equipped with air conditioners while the chambers and court halls for the magistrates would be fully equipped with relevant items and furniture.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:54pm On May 20, 2015
Our people need to be sensitized on the importance of paying their tax as when do. I was having a conversation with a Nigerian who came visiting and he complained we pay too much tax and I said you wonder why this land is so developed. These people pay their taxes and in return the funds are used prudently to develop and maintain the system. Anambrarians pay your taxes and let the government do their job.

The Head, Human Resources and Administration, Anambra Property and Land Use Charge, Mrs Chinenye Okafor, on Wednesday said Anambra had 80, 000 tax defaulters.

Speaking in Awka, she said this class of people owed the state government over N2.5bn, adding that about 550 of such cases were pending in courts.

Okafor added that over 4,000 summons had been prepared by the agency against tax defaulters but were yet to be filed in court.

To this end, the state government had sealed-off seven buildings in Awka, including a school and a hotel over the refusal of the owners to pay property rate.

The Anambra Property and Land Use Charge said it carried out the sealing off of the buildings following judgments it obtained from an Awka Magistrate court against the tax evaders.

The affected buildings are Choice Hotel Ltd., Netherland International School, Chris Moore Lodge and residential buildings belonging to Mr Emeka Akaigwe, Mrs Peace Okeke and Mr Joachim Acho all in Awka.

Speaking after the exercise, Okafor said the affected buildings owed the state government a total of N 1.6m.

“In ensuring that we boost the Internally Generated Revenue of the state, there is the need for property and land owners to pay their rates,” Okafor said.

She maintained that the organisation in 2014 carried out such enforcement in Awka and Onitsha in about 45 buildings, noting that 20 more judgments would soon be executed in the state.

‘We are looking forward to enforcing judgments by next week in 14 communities in Obosi urban and places like Akpaka, Omoba phases I and II, GRA, Okpoko, Iyiowa, Nkwelle and 3-3, near Onitsha.

‘We are advising property owners in those areas as well as in Awka, Ogidi and Nnewi to go and pay their property rates before next week or face the wrath of the law,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 12:11am On May 21, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
Our people need to be sensitized on the importance of paying their tax as when do. I was having a conversation with a Nigerian who came visiting and he complained we pay too much tax and I said you wonder why this land is so developed. These people pay their taxes and in return the funds are used prudently to develop and maintain the system. Anambrarians pay your taxes and let the government do their job.

The Head, Human Resources and Administration, Anambra Property and Land Use Charge, Mrs Chinenye Okafor, on Wednesday said Anambra had 80, 000 tax defaulters.

Speaking in Awka, she said this class of people owed the state government over N2.5bn, adding that about 550 of such cases were pending in courts.

Okafor added that over 4,000 summons had been prepared by the agency against tax defaulters but were yet to be filed in court.

To this end, the state government had sealed-off seven buildings in Awka, including a school and a hotel over the refusal of the owners to pay property rate.

The Anambra Property and Land Use Charge said it carried out the sealing off of the buildings following judgments it obtained from an Awka Magistrate court against the tax evaders.

The affected buildings are Choice Hotel Ltd., Netherland International School, Chris Moore Lodge and residential buildings belonging to Mr Emeka Akaigwe, Mrs Peace Okeke and Mr Joachim Acho all in Awka.

Speaking after the exercise, Okafor said the affected buildings owed the state government a total of N 1.6m.

“In ensuring that we boost the Internally Generated Revenue of the state, there is the need for property and land owners to pay their rates,” Okafor said.

She maintained that the organisation in 2014 carried out such enforcement in Awka and Onitsha in about 45 buildings, noting that 20 more judgments would soon be executed in the state.

‘We are looking forward to enforcing judgments by next week in 14 communities in Obosi urban and places like Akpaka, Omoba phases I and II, GRA, Okpoko, Iyiowa, Nkwelle and 3-3, near Onitsha.

‘We are advising property owners in those areas as well as in Awka, Ogidi and Nnewi to go and pay their property rates before next week or face the wrath of the law,” he said.

This is a good development as long as the taxes demanded are fair and affordable.If you ask someone to pay N500,000 naira as tax, you are clearly being unreasonable unless it is a well known company you are taxing. Our judiciary should be sharpened to expedite action of tax cases so that they can mandate the seizure of assets or even the jailing of tax defaulters.

My fear with our people is the tendency to be extremists in implementing things differently from how it is practiced in sane societies. We would like to go from a situation of zero tax to being the heaviest taxing authority in the world. I think it was Igboson that gave an excellent idea that if the cost of bribing the tax collectors is 3-5 times the taxes demanded, our people will choose to bribe the tax collectors than pay taxes to government. This is a critical art that must be addressed if you want people to develop the habit of willingly paying taxes.

In America, i pay sales taxes on everything i buy in the supermarket, but it is usually small & affordable and never more than 10% of the cost of the item. I also pay income taxes and i get tax returns each year. Since we cannot hope to give our people tax returns,we should temper the taxes demanded to make sure they are humane, reasonable and affordable. If not our people will hate paying taxes and resist it at all costs.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by mzilakazi(m): 10:59am On May 21, 2015
ikoloanambra:
BBC,Dailymail apologize over human meat restaurant story in Anambra !!!

The BBC and the Dailymail have apologised for wrongly publishing a story about a restaurant in Anambra State, Nigeria, where human flesh is served as meat,saying the story was false and inappropriate.

BBC said it had already begun investigations to confirm what led to such publication and will take necessary steps to ensure the mistake does not occur again.

Full text :
BBC

“The story about the Nigerian restaurant which we published here was a mistake and we apologise. It was incorrect and published without the proper BBC checks. We have removed the story and have launched an urgent investigation into how this happened.
The BBC Swahili service’s reputation for accuracy and balance remains of paramount importance to us and we are taking the appropriate steps to insure that mistakes like this do not happen again.”

Clarifications and corrections

By MAILONLINE

An article on 16 May reported that a Nigerian restaurant was shut down for serving human flesh, based on a BBC Swahili report. BBC Swahili has now confirmed that the story was incorrect and the article has now been removed from our website.

Nigeria is trying to make a damage control about the
restaurant selling a human flesh. Surely, the authorities
received the order from above to deny flatly the
incident ever occurred, so as to remove it from
international platform that may result into a serious
damage in the integrity of Nigeria's fast food outlets
especially to prospective international patrons. The
saga had to be manipulated and pushed under the
carpet, so that it does not ruin the business of other
competitors who are involved in the same business of
selling fast food. I understand that the move was to
save the face of those who are honest in the business,
those who sell the real beef, pork and mutton to the
public. Their image would have been unfairly
compromised if the authorities would have let the story
confirmed. However, I hope the authorities will now
have to deal with this scandal clandestinely. However,
I don't think I would ever eat any meat if I by mistake
find myself in Nigeria.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 11:03am On May 21, 2015
mzilakazi:

find myself in Nigeria.

Did i just quote you?

sorry it was a mistake

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 12:06pm On May 21, 2015
mzilakazi:

find myself in Nigeria.

Actually, there was NO restaurant selling human meat in Nigeria.
About 2 years ago, a restaurant owner was accused of witchcraft and burying a corpse in his compound. That restaurant was pulled down.
Sahara-lie-porters in their quest to find silly things to write, reincarnated that story with a different twist. Unfortunately,their quest to write crap about a section of Nigeria will now taint the restaurant business in the entire country.

If i were you, i would NEVER visit Nigeria because your flesh may end up in a pot of soup in a restaurant in Lagos. grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 21, 2015
Kedu ihe TAMAD na apitor along Agulu lake resort Which sec sch did Peter Obi fetch these boyz

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 12:57pm On May 21, 2015
You mean this mpito? TAMAD ana apito ka! Negodi anya ife fa n apito n Agulu lake! Ife nkea n agba ose n anya wink

chidyhels:
Kedu ihe TAMAD na apitor along Agulu lake resort
Which sec sch did Peter Obi fetch these boyz

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 21, 2015
Schematics:
You mean this mpito? TAMAD ana apito ka! Negedi anya ife fa n apito n Agulu lake! Ife nkea n agba ose n anya wink

The Bridge is collapsing
I wonder how long the resort will last .
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 1:08pm On May 21, 2015
I bu ezigbo onyi asi. Where is your counter picture? We talk with pictures here and not by crying wolf! tongue

[s]
chidyhels:

The Bridge is collapsing
I wonder how long the resort will last .
[/s]

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by mzilakazi(m): 2:25pm On May 21, 2015
OreMI22:

Actually, there was NO restaurant selling human meat in Nigeria.
About 2 years ago, a restaurant owner was accused of witchcraft and burying a corpse in his compound. That restaurant was pulled down.
Sahara-lie-porters in their quest to find silly things to write, reincarnated that story with a different twist. Unfortunately,their quest to write crap about a section of Nigeria will now taint the restaurant business in the entire country.

If i were you, i would NEVER visit Nigeria because your flesh may end up in a pot of soup in a restaurant in Lagos. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I really pity you. Believe it or not there is a long standing tradition of cannibalism in Nigeria. There is an underworld that you wouldn't understand that it ever exist in Nigeria. Continue eating those soup dishes you encounter on the streets, you might end up with a delicious and tasty dish of human flesh.

http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/nigeria.html
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 2:27pm On May 21, 2015
Guys pls ignore the ediot above me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:01pm On May 21, 2015
Happening now: Obiano at Sabmiller- Onitsha to commission the Phase II expansion of the facility that will see to the triple of its work-force.

Industrialization is the way to go..Job job job for our graduates!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 21, 2015
Schematics:
I bu onye ezigbo onyi asi. Where is your counter picture?

[s][/s]
I dont have your time Mr
I got busy things to do than to be snaping the mediocre roads you lots were making noise about.
I stand for quality and the earlier ndi Anambra realises that cheap article will lead us nowhere, the better for us.

A trip from Onitsha to owerri will show the difference between roads buit by professionals and those Anambra patronise.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:10pm On May 21, 2015
You got better things to do than taking pictures but you had the time to come here to spew nonsense and falsehood? Yes, we have to jubilate over it because its on record that Anambra has the best road network in Nigeria..you can take that to the Hagues! I cannot sit here and watch you spread falsehood, because I will always be around to counter it with pictures and anything within my reach! tongue

[s]
chidyhels:

I dont have your time Mr
I got busy things to do than to be snaping the mediocre roads you lots were making noise about.
I stand for quality and the earlier ndi Anambra realises that cheap article will lead us nowhere, the better for us.
A trip from Onitsha to owerri will show the difference between roads buit by professionals and those Anambra patronise.
[/s]

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:54pm On May 21, 2015
Update: The world-class Sabmiller facility expansion being commissioned by Obiano. This expansion will create more room for more job opportunities for our graduates. You better rush to their facility in Onitsha and submit your resume!

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by newbies56: 4:25pm On May 21, 2015
Wow, so much is happening in my state, can't wait to visit Anambra again, thanks guys for this update, for those of us living far

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:30pm On May 21, 2015
Schematics:
You got better things to do than taking pictures but you had the time to come here to spew nonsense and falsehood. Yes we have to jubilate over it because its on record that Anambra has the best road network in Nigeria..you can take that to the Hagues! I cannot sit here and allow you to spread falsehood, because I will always be around to counter it with pictures and anything within my reach! tongue

[s][/s]

O nwunye Abagworo bu ife ahu?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 4:34pm On May 21, 2015
Nwanne abeg edit your post and remove that evil name.

Sunnybobo3:

O nwunye A◆◆◆◆ bu ife ahu?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 21, 2015
Schematics:
Happening now: Obiano at Sabmiller- Onitsha to commission the Phase II expansion of the facility that will see to the triple of its work-force.

Nice one Schematics. Kudos to Obiano the silent achiever. Industrialising Anambra is a task that must be completed. Rocha's should pick a cue from Obiano and fill up his cabinet with technocrats. And not these cosmetic projects he brags about. Still keeping my tab on him though. After all he says his 2nd tenure will be anchored on industrialization. Kudos to Obiano again. Truly Anambra adigo nma.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 21, 2015
This beautiful bird is native of Anambra State, its name is Anambra Waxbill.
Check the bio on Wiki en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anambra_waxbill

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 21, 2015
Chiwude:
Nice one Schematics. Kudos to Obiano the silent achiever. Industrialising Anambra is a task that must be completed. Rocha's should pick a cue from Obiano and fill up his cabinet with technocrats. And not these cosmetic projects he brags about. Still keeping my tab on him though. After all he says his 2nd tenure will be anchored on industrialization. Kudos to Obiano again. Truly Anambra adigo nma.

I wasn't expecting Rochas to bring industries in Imo because the state is situated inbetween two industrial and commercial centres in igboland but all the mighty and beautiful hotels he started to give Imo tourism a facelift non have been commissioned.
Even education is no longer Imo's birthright as it used to be, despite receiving the highest allocation in SE he is yet to put smiles on the faces of people.
Its true PDP somehow ruined that state but you can't compare what PDP did in that state to what we suffered in Anambra during ours .

Atleast he should get education first, health second and tourism third.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

I wasn't expecting Rochas to bring industries in Imo because the state is situated inbetween two industrial and commercial centres in igboland but all the mighty and beautiful hotels he started to give Imo tourism a facelift non have been commissioned.
Even education is no longer Imo's birthright as it used to be, despite receiving the highest allocation in SE he is yet to put smiles on the faces of people.
Its true PDP somehow ruined that state but you can't compare what PDP did in that state to what we suffered in Anambra during ours .

Atleast he should get education first, health second and tourism third.
I agree with what you said. But look at Obiano and the industrial revolution taken place in Anambra (although started by Obi). I see a burden of absolving mass influx of unemployed Igbo youths from other SE states into your state in the long run and that is why people like Rochas and the new Governors in say Ebonyi, Enugu and Abia need in ensure that they industrialize their various states. Education is paramount I agree, but what is education worth without jobs for the youths. E he ri akukwo tupu e gu chara schoolu.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 6:59pm On May 21, 2015
Chiwude:
I agree with what you said. But look at Obiano and the industrial revolution taken place in Anambra (although started by Obi). I see a burden of absolving mass influx of unemployed Igbo youths from other SE states into your state in the long run and that is why people like Rochas and the new Governors in say Ebonyi, Enugu and Abia need in ensure that they industrialize their various states. Education is paramount I agree, but what is education worth without jobs for the youths. E he ri akukwo tupu e gu chara schoolu.
cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:40pm On May 21, 2015
Schematics:

Weldon Schematics

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:45pm On May 21, 2015
Tummy Tummy Nnewi, Orange Drugs Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:50pm On May 21, 2015
Innoson Nnewi

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Noneroone(m): 7:55pm On May 21, 2015
Chiwude:
he started it by selling Limca?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:56pm On May 21, 2015
More from Innoson

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:56pm On May 21, 2015
chidyhels:

I dont have your time Mr

You are ignorant and silly. I would go any further to dignity your f.oolishness with explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:01pm On May 21, 2015

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.