Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1228420 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast1: 5:54pm On May 27, 2015
With the conscious effort and massive infrastructural development in Awka. I can only place the city side by side with Abuja and Uyo in terms major infrastructural development which can not be seen anywhere in the east. With this sort of skyline and multiple flyovers cris-crossing Awka then it is time we place it side by side with some of the best African cities. The skyline below can pass for a wall-paper that can yield money even for the state.

FreeGlobe:

Well, I have spent time in all the places mentioned. Its my opinion though just as yours is your opinion. Awka does not have a signature infrastructure to make it beautiful and most modern. The previous government did not invest anything in Awka unlike those other places where you have well marked dual carriage ways and functioning street lights and what have you. Awka is really coming up though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:59pm On May 27, 2015
oneeast1:
With the conscious effort and massive infrastructural development in Awka. I can only place the city side by side with Abuja and Uyo in terms major infrastructural development which can not be seen anywhere in the east.

lol, Awka that has only one dual carriageway with narrow roads? I know you are kidding though
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast1: 6:01pm On May 27, 2015
I am not kidding. There are more than 4 dual ways in Awka apart from the ones that are going on right now at Greenwood. We have been through this before. Below is the area I live in Awka, even somebody that stays at Ikoyi has nothing on me. Somebody that is living in Ajegunle is also living in Lagos, same way someone at the old part of Awka is also a resident like myself. Older part of Awka is where you are talking about..but I dare you to visit there again you will notice lots of demolition going on.

Awka has the best hood serenity, good for decent family living and I have been to other SE states too.

FreeGlobe:

lol, Awka that has only one dual carriageway with narrow roads? I know you are kidding though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 27, 2015
Mehn, I love this guy called Chino! I've silently observed you over the years, and I must commend your MAD LOVE for obodo ayi bu Omambala. Nna, biko jide k'iji. Mgbe obuna m si Obodo ndi ofe dabata Oka, n ya eme k'imalu.

Udo!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 6:28pm On May 27, 2015
I AM IMPRESSED..CAN I SEE AROMA AXIS AND OKPUNO OF AWKA..THOSE DAY I WAS AT UNIZIK AROUND 1998 SINCE THEN HAVE NOT VISITED AWKA...MAYBE HELP ME REAL ESTATE OR PROPERTY THERE..AKU RUO UNO ...IGHOTAGO

oneeast1:
I am not kidding. There are more than 4 dual ways in Awka apart from the ones that are going on right now at Greenwood. We have been through this before. Below is the area I live in Awka, even somebody that stays at Ikoyi has nothing on me. Somebody that is living in Ajegunle is also living in Lagos, same way someone at the old part of Awka is also a resident like myself. Older part of Awka is where you are talking about..but I dare you to visit there again you will notice lots of demolition going on.

Awka has the best hood serenity good for decent living and I have been to other SE states too.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:29pm On May 27, 2015
Obiano with Labour People at Awka-Anambra State

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast1: 6:31pm On May 27, 2015
Arroma is gone. Massive flyover/tunnel under construction has taken over the place, same as Kwata and Amawbia junctions, I am sure you will miss your way when you get there.

tonychristopher:
I AM IMPRESSED..CAN I SEE AROMA AXIS AND OKPUNO OF AWKA..THOSE DAY I WAS AT UNIZIK AROUND 1998 SINCE THEN HAVE NOT VISITED AWKA...MAYBE HELP ME REAL ESTATE OR PROPERTY THERE..AKU RUO UNO ...IGHOTAGO

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:32pm On May 27, 2015
This Year's Farming Season Was flag-off at Otuocha!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 6:32pm On May 27, 2015
tonychristopher:
I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF BANNING BIKE, I AM FROM NNEWI SOUTH AND WE DO NOT USE BICYCLES AS A MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION BUT BILES, I THINK THAT BIKES SHOULD BE LIMITED IN THE VILLAGES OR HAVE AREAS EARMARKED FOR THEM NOT TOTALLY BANNED...THE QUESTION IS DO ANAMBRA STILL HAVE VILLAGES COS PLACES LIKE AWKA ETITI CANT BE CALLED VILLAGE,PLACES LIKE AMICHI, NKWO IGBO UKWU, EKE UKE AXIS AND EVEN OGIDI, ATANI AND OJOTO ARE NOT VILLAGES BUT URBAN CENTERS NOT YET FULL FLEDGED CITIES LIKE NNEWI, OTU OR NNUKWU AWKA

NOW HOW DO WE SORT OUT THIS QUAGMIR

I support complete banning but six months grace period for both operators, manufacturers, importers aand traders to be fully ready.

I will support restriction but complete banning as from January next year.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast1: 6:34pm On May 27, 2015
There is no more grace needed because it is long over due. The one week given is very okay! The annoying thing is that all those nuisances are not from Anambra. As for the importers, they have nothing to lose, they will just divert to importation of tricycle if they cannot establish plants at Nnewi.

AnambraDota:

I support complete banning but six months grace period for both operators, manufacturers, importers aand traders to be fully ready.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 6:35pm On May 27, 2015
I REFUSE TO AGREE WITH YOU..WHAT WILL THE VILLAGERS BE USING AS MODE OF TRANSPORTATION AT LEAST NOT EVERYBODY CAN BUY A CAR EVEN IN NEW YORK WE STILL HAVE BIKES...SO WHY SUPPORT THAT?

CONSIDER OTHERS....

AnambraDota:

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 6:40pm On May 27, 2015
CAN I SEE PICTURES...I NOTICED THAT ANAMBRA GUYS DONT MAKE NOISE LIKE RIVERS AND IMO GOVERNORS

THATS GREAT

oneeast1:
Arroma is gone. Massive flyover/tunnel under construction has taken over the place, same as Kwata and Amawbia junctions, I am sure you will miss your way when you get there.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 6:43pm On May 27, 2015
tonychristopher:

I am from anambra also and nnewi south and ikwu nne m bu Igbo Ukwu so munwa bu purest anambra but i am trying to be frank also

Nwanne hapu oneeast, Awka is to him what Queensbridge is to Nas and Compton to Game.

I love the mad love for the city, people like oneeast are suppose to be electing mayors of cities, they always believe in their self.

Awka is a making progress but we know our limit, Aroma is gone, flyover has taken over the place now, Awka development is under reported until you visit outskirt of the town and see massive investments.
Though the roads are narrow shaa but the potentials of the city are enormous.

Don't shout when they tell you the prices of land in yonder city, my friend just bought land at Ugwu Oba there Enugu state but close to Anambra State.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast1: 6:46pm On May 27, 2015
I think you need to go back in this thread so you can see the ongoing flyover projects at Arroma, Kwata and Amawbia. I don't have the picture updates readily available but we have posted most of them here.

tonychristopher:
CAN I SEE PICTURES...I NOTICED THAT ANAMBRA GUYS DONT MAKE NOISE LIKE RIVERS AND IMO GOVERNORS

THATS GREAT

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 6:50pm On May 27, 2015
OK

AnambraDota:

Nwanne hapu oneeast, Awka is to him what Queensbridge is to Nas and Compton to Game.

I love the mad love for the city, people like oneeast are suppose to be electing mayors of cities, they always believe in their self.

Awka is a making progress but we know our limit, Aroma is gone, flyover has taken over the place now, Awka development is under reported until you visit outskirt of the town and see massive investments.

Don't shout when they tell you the prices of land in yonder city, my friend just bought land at Ugwu Oba there Enugu state but close to Anambra State.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 6:51pm On May 27, 2015
UDO
AnambraDota:

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 6:56pm On May 27, 2015
tonychristopher:
I REFUSE TO AGREE WITH YOU..WHAT WILL THE VILLAGERS BE USING AS MODE OF TRANSPORTATION AT LEAST NOT EVERYBODY CAN BUY A CAR EVEN IN NEW YORK WE STILL HAVE BIKES...SO WHY SUPPORT THAT?

CONSIDER OTHERS....

Keke shouldn't be banned anywhere except the highways
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 6:57pm On May 27, 2015
tonychristopher:
UDO

I support complete ban of okada with six months grace period but ban Keke from Federal Roads only.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 6:58pm On May 27, 2015
Obiano today, see this man shoe grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 7:03pm On May 27, 2015
I do not support it..they should do it fashola style..we should be considerate of the poor

AnambraDota:

I support complete ban of okada with six months grace period but ban Keke from Federal Roads only.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 7:08pm On May 27, 2015
i think obiano should stop this way of putting his face in all the cloth..he should be simple..this to me is ostentatious

okwa ka ora m na onu
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:43pm On May 27, 2015
oneeast:
I will never accept anything less. Awka presently is the most beautiful and most modern city east of the niger.

You stay at Nnewi come to Awka lemme take you round. You talk about roads, come to Greenwood and see the type of roads you can only see in Dubai. Below are some of pix I took 5months ago at the Greenwood, a lot has happened there since then, I will soon bring the latest update.

[s][/s]

Chino, where exactly is this Greenwood located?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast1: 7:54pm On May 27, 2015
Off Zik Avenue at Agu-Awka area and not far from Shoprite if you know that side! This six lanes roads under construction veers off Zik avenue and takes you direct into the emerging "Silicon Valley" called Greenwood City.

That is also where the Three Arms Zone is being built. The city will host the cream dela cream of this world. wink

But this road construction has gone far beyond this level because I took this pic about 5 months ago. Will visit there next month for updates.

Sunnybobo3:

Chino, where exactly is this Greenwood located?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Malawian(m): 8:05pm On May 27, 2015
AnambraDota:

Keke shouldn't be banned anywhere except the highways
sister, keke will fall OVB if it tries to climb the hills in my town Oraukwu.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 8:23pm On May 27, 2015
tonychristopher:
i think obiano should stop this way of putting his face in all the cloth..he should be simple..this to me is ostentatious

okwa ka ora m na onu

The guy is flamboyant now, even the way the wife follows him around is not good, forget all hype his wife my ruin his image if care is not taken
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 8:47pm On May 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:
I have Fulfilled Promises made to Labour - Obiano

Bia nna, Peter has done his part just as Ngige did and Obiano is doing. Good for us but your hate for Peter isn't worth it. Good to know that Anambra civil servants have been receiving alerts since 25th monday for May salaries while other states are owning months. Let's celebrate our good leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 9:11pm On May 27, 2015
This ban on okada is pissing me off abeg, Obiano should be careful with that. A city as big as Onitsha or Nnewi can't do without these services if no alternative, Awka could still manage without it.
Boy Ol'boy, those bridges in Awka around Amawbia, kwata and Arroma roundabouts are cool but taking ages abeg. But to be frank, this wasn't what i saw last time i visited Awka, huge improvement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:15pm On May 27, 2015
Yeske2:
Bia nna, Peter has done his part just as Ngige did and Obiano is doing. Good for us but your hate for Peter isn't worth it. Good to know that Anambra civil servants have been receiving alerts since 25th monday for May salaries while other states are owning months. Let's celebrate our good leaders.
my hate for peter obi is not worth it but your hate for jonathan is worth it? ok, I've heard you. moving on

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 9:44pm On May 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

my hate for peter obi is not worth it but your hate for jonathan is worth it? ok, I've heard you. moving on
This isn't a thread for PDP, APC, APGA etc, this is an Anambra thread so take your filthy hatred elsewhere please.
We mustn't affiliate with same party or ideology, i'm unapologetically APC and no offences dear.
A thread for the good of Anambra, let's meet on another thread and not derail this.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 10:10pm On May 27, 2015
Onitsha Mall.

Nnewi Mall.

Awka Mall.

Onitsha Hotel and Convention Centre.

Agulu Lake Resort Hotel.

Its like I will stop commenting here until all these abandoned projects are finished, am tired of nearly completion, what is happening there, has he abandoned them the way Sullivan did because of bad politics.

What is going on there, those projects are taking forever to be completed.

Gawd forbid
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Macelliot(m): 10:37pm On May 27, 2015
Schematics:
Take it or you leave it, Awka is the most beautiful and most modern city east of the niger presently. If you have been to Awka recently you will need not an oracle to tell you that it is a huge construction site. Maybe you are talking of older part of Awka although the roads are being expanded too but the newer part of the city is mouth-watering with well paved roads and decent accommodations. Below are some of the inner streets. You can take that to the Hagues!

Lolz. You made a great mistake....
Obviously, Awka can't even compete with Owerri, let to say, Enugu, "The Coal city." (Pride of the East)

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kagame: 10:43pm On May 27, 2015
Chino is a great salesman.

He can make you buy a fake product for twice the price of the original. grin

Somewhere in Anambra comparable to silicon valley ? I really wish to be home so soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.