Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1231688 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by badnature: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
happy jeo enugu people love anambra people,not "like" love! so I don't understand what you mean by them not wanting anambra people to buy land at emene, on the issue of ibeto manumu and ebony state I think federal government is involved in scuttling the whole thing to fevour dangote but it's stupid all the same,some time you look at south east governors the way and manner the respond to strategic issues you will think the are being paid by someone to destroy our land just look at abia since 99 no leader no vision no direction nor focus ebonyi the same enugu and anambra are both luky from the time of obi/chieme

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
OGOg:

Sincerely, I don't c anything wrong in people building residential houses in states outside the eastern region where they reside, my grouse is there decision to site profitable industries and firms outside SE.
I honestly believe that when we talk about " thinking home " we mean igbos siting there industries and companies in the eastern region and not someone living in Lagos building a 4 storey in awka.
My view exactly, I am the kind of person who would not like to live in a rented apartment for long. It doesn't matter where, as long as I'm in a place earning sustainable income with a prospect of keeping me there longer than 5 years, I will own a house there
Huge investments by "non - indigenes" in unfriendly zones breeds envy and its attendants. That should be carefully considered

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by badnature: 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
if ibeto have resolved the problem with ebonyi that will be a good news,i think it time we stop patronising dangote the man has no single investment in igbo land , if we patronize ibeto the money will still be in igbo land for investment in other areas

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
asha80:
that is what you should be talking about..siting their industries,businesses and wealth generating outfits in the east.

Not houses
What industrialists need from Govt.
1. Create accessible industrial layouts and make land acquisition in such places easy, settle the host community and do proper environmental impact assessment
2. De-monster the taxation process
3. Create a board that has both supervisory as well as advisory roles over business est. withno more emphasis on technical assistance to newcomers in terms of educative seminars / conferences
4. Liaising with Federal govt. in ensuring that import waivers are implemented fairly. A situation where Hausas in Nigeria Customs Service implement the policy wholly for their brothers while frustrating Industrialist from other zones should be protested against
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
Cuche:

What industrialists need from Govt.
1. Create accessible industrial layouts and make land acquisition in such places easy, settle the host community and do proper environmental impact assessment
2. De-monster the taxation process
3. Create a board that has both supervisory as well as advisory roles over business est. with more emphasis on technical assistance to newcomers in terms of educative seminars / conferences
4. Liaising with Federal govt. on ensuring that import waivers are implemented fairly. A situation where Hausas in Nigeria Customs Service implement the policy wholly for their brothers while frustrating Industrialist from other zones should be protested against
no need writing these for those in govt if they are competent
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by HappyJoe: 3:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
badnature:
happy jeo enugu people love anambra people,not "like" love! so I don't understand what you mean by them not wanting anambra people to buy land at emene, on the issue of ibeto manumu and ebony state I think federal government is involved in scuttling the whole thing to fevour dangote but it's stupid all the same,some time you look at south east governors the way and manner the respond to strategic issues you will think the are being paid by someone to destroy our land just look at abia since 99 no leader no vision no direction nor focus ebonyi the same enugu and anambra are both luky from the time of obi/chieme

I'm not talking about "Enugu people", I am talking about people in government - they make the decisions, they allocate the plots etc.

Anyway, what Obiano needs to do urgently is open up the Anam area (with plenty of land) for development. I am happy he's doing that.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
HappyJoe:

The problem is South East governors.

Enugu doesn't want Anambra people "to buy up too much land in Emene"

Anambra is watching idly as Onitsha based people go to live in Asaba (instead of opening up the Nsugbe/Igbariam axis with bridges and facilities).

I don't want to talk about Abia (Theodore Orji sacked many Imo workers).

Even in Anambra State some Ogbaru youths are accusing Igbos of buying every available space, do you think those Igbariam places have not been bought up.

The reason why Anambra people move to Asaba is because of building structure, Anambra has been commercialized to the extent that many villages are now having tenants that are not Anambras, Oba, Akuukwu, Ohita, Atani, Ozubulu, Nkwelle-Ezunaka, Ogbunike, Nsugbe, ogidi are all very hot now.

Another reason why Anambra is like this is because of Boko Haram insurgency in North, many people have fled North to Anambra and Asaba. Things are becoming increasingly expensive especially property mkt and foodstuffs.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
badnature:

The issue is that Igbos always tend to criticise their leaders openly more than any other ethnic group in Nigeria, visit ogun, oyo and osun states and ask yourself what is actually happening in Nigeria leadership.
Ebonyi state is trying but the reason why Abia State is the most painful is that there is no way you will have Aba and still be owing workers salaries and pensions, there is no way you have Aba and still be running helter skelter whenever there is drop in the price of oil.

Many states in Nigeria wish they have a 1/3 economy of Aba alone not Abia State, but look at Abia State and her Niger Delta allocation plus Aba and see we need to shed tears.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
badnature:
if ibeto have resolved the problem with ebonyi that will be a good news,i think it time we stop patronising dangote the man has no single investment in igbo land , if we patronize ibeto the money will still be in igbo land for investment in other areas

Nwanne udiri okwuaa ana agba ya ka izu, ekwuna ya ka onye iro ga aghota ihe ana eme, were nwayo gwaba ndi be anyi ka ha mara.

Ndewo
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CreampieAngela(f): 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2015
badnature:
I think its a kind of economic policy by Northern industralists never to situate their business concerns anywhere in the south east. The fartherst we can go south is in the south south.

Samad Rabiu's BUA Group will be commissioning its cement factory at Okpelle, Edo state, later this month. Dangote's Dansa fruits has a 400,000 hectares of orchard farm in Cross river state.

I'd really love to see Ibeto/East join the league of cement producers in Nigeria. Ashaka cement in Gombe state is 'representing' the North. The West is arguable the largest producer of cement in Nigeria with Ogun state having Lafarge cement I & II, Dangote cement, ICCM is currently building one at Sagamu, NBBRI is building another in Otta, and its going to be Pozzolona cement plant which is different from the Portland cement brand.

There is nothing stopping Ibeto from working.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Deltagiant: 4:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
CreampieAngela:
I think its a kind of economic policy by Northern industralists never to situate their business concerns anywhere in the south east. The fartherst we can go south is in the south south.

See who's talking...If only the so called Northern Industrialists could go a bit up North and put food on the tables of their own citizens whose misery has become the cynosure of the whole world.

"Industrialists"...How many of them...name each of them and where the industrie(s) is/are situated?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CreampieAngela(f): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
Deltagiant:

See who's talking...If only the so called Northern Industrialists could go a bit up North and put food on the tables of their own citizens whose misery has become the cynosure of the whole world.

"Industrialists"...How many of them...name each of them and where the industrie(s) is/are situated?
sheath your rusty sword. My comment is innocous.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CreampieAngela(f): 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
Dp
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
CreampieAngela:
Dp

Left for me I wouldn't like to see any Nigeria company mining or exploiting any mineral deposit in Igboland.

I like as Orient is doing in Anambra, Nestoil is doing in Anioma and Ibeto in Ebonyi, I want Igbo resources and its exploitations to be done by Igbos, be it farming, mineral or whatever.

From the fertile plains of Agbor down to the arable land of Abakaliki should be exploited by Igbo companies.

We need to keep everything in Igboland 100% Igbo own to avoid exploitation and economic imperialism.

Vietnamese decided to stop Chinese coys investing in Vietnam, many countries are becoming cautious of allowing foreigners into their enclaves to exploit minerals and other things.

Everytime I see scrap metals living Igboland to Lagos I felt like shedding tears but thank God I saw one metal company at Asaba last week, many vehicles laden with scrap metals are parked there being off loaded.

By the time Omus Industries will be completed we will have another steel rolling mill in Igboland exploiting our resources.

Igbos should start forming and building corporations so that we will be lesser prone to economic exploitations and imperialisms by the outside world.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
Deltagiant:

No war, every comment shouldn't elicit belligerent reply.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Left for me I wouldn't like to see any Nigeria company mining or exploiting any mineral deposit in Igboland.

I like as Orient is doing in Anambra, Nestoil is doing in Anioma and Ibeto in Ebonyi, I want Igbo resources and its exploitations to be done by Igbos, be it farming, mineral or whatever.

From the fertile plains of Agbor down to the arable land of Abakaliki should be exploited by Igbo companies.

We need to keep everything in Igboland 100% Igbo own to avoid exploitation and economic imperialism.

Vietnamese decided to stop Chinese coys investing in Vietnam, many countries are becoming cautious of allowing foreigners into their enclaves to exploit minerals and other things.

Everytime I see scrap metals living Igboland to Lagos I felt like shedding tears but thank God I saw one metal company at Asaba last week, many vehicles laden with scrap metals are parked there being off loaded.

By the time Omus Industries will be completed we will have another steel rolling mill in Igboland exploiting our resources.

Igbos should start forming and building corporations so that we will be lesser prone to economic exploitations and imperialisms by the outside world.
where is tho onus industries located and who owns it?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
ft: rangers 2:3 ifeanyiuba fc (oriental derby)

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
Igbo companies in igboland exploiting Igbo minerals, give no foreigner a chance, let's keep it 100% like many European and Asian countries are doing.

Let out government tax our coys, let the profits remain in our land, this is how its being done world over now, nobody wants to be raped, plundered, exploited and ransacked economically.

The one British took are enough, all the coals in Enugu shouldn't be used to fire any power project outside Igboland, if you want to exploit the coals in enugu build coal powered plant.

Oil wells in Abia and Imo should be trickishly freed from those that are holding and exploiting them.

We need to do this, an outside investor is a businessman whose sole aim is profit, an indigenous investor make profit, retain profits and invest in his people.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 7:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:

My brother I saw the company we are getting there, I also saw Wictech massive industry in Asaba they have their office in Awka, Orient also want to site their permanent head office in Awka

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
asha80:

Omus is along Atani Road, opposite Perobe construction and PZ by the right, Omus is by the left before Krisoral formerly PowerMike Sports Complex.

The company is among those government give fund under ASBA project to commence operation.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
FKO81:

My brother I saw the company we are getting there, I also saw Wictech massive industry in Asaba they have their office in Awka, Orient also want to site their permanent head office in Awka

Nwanne that WicTech is massive but they haven't started operations yet, do you know Eastern Roofings at Awka by the left of Kwata ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Omus is along Atani Road, opposite Perobe construction and PZ by the right, Omus is by the left before Krisoral formerly PowerMike Sports Complex.

The company is among those government give fund under ASBA project to commence operation.
ouk once wanted to set up steel plant in igbere..dont think he is serious though
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Nwanne that WicTech is massive but they haven't started operations yet, do you know Eastern Roofings at Awka by the left of Kwata ?

Yes I took pictures of some industries in Awka, I want to cover other industrial areas I might open new thrend for it, around Ogunike there are many industries opening up there if truth be told Anambra state is most indigenous industrial state in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by yang(m): 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
asha80:

Most likely Bro Omus grin grin

I swear, Thats wat my dad calls him
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
FKO81:

Yes I took pictures of some industries in Awka, I want to cover other industrial areas I might open new thrend for it, around Ogunike there are many industries opening up there if truth be told Anambra state is most indigenous industrial state in Nigeria.
why open a thread for it while you can post it here?must others be informed on what is happening in your state?if they are interested they can always come here to find out?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by funkybully(f): 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
FKO81:

Can't wait for ur picture update. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
asha80:
why open a thread for it while you can post it here?must others be informed on what is happening in your state?if they are interested they can always come here to find out?
K thanks!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
funkybully:

Can't wait for ur picture update. Thumbs up
Soon
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
yang:

Most likely Bro Omus grin grin

I swear, Thats wat my dad calls him

Do you know him, the company is one of the largest iron steel marketing coy in East.

Do you know Nkwubuego,
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 4dankey: 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:

I am more interested about this Omus company. Any one here that can give us more info into what the compnay is all about. Am staying very close to where Bau is building his new factory of 3.0MTPA.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
4dankey:

I am more interested about this Omus company. Any one here that can give us more info into what the compnay is all about. Am staying very close to where Bau is building his new factory of 3.0MTPA.

Iron and steel, metal pipes and PVCs.

Where is the bolded happening
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 4dankey: 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Do you know him, the company is one of the largest iron steel marketing coy in East.

Do you know Nkwubuego,

Buddah nwanne, what do u mean by the largest marketing in the East, I mean marketing? That means they buy from others and sale or they manufacture themselves and sell. Now for Bau cement it have started producing cement and here in okpella and also auchi his cement can being almost everywhere.

My brother we need to change the east for good in terms of Manufacturing. Am happy about this steel plant in anambra and I hope others can come up to. It is only us from the east that criticize our government and we keep them on their tools. Come to edo state and see, with all the oil money u will see little no visible development in term of roads and their are still proud of their government.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.