Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227608 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by olaitoro(m): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pchidexy:
Every meaningful Anambrarian should warn the bastard called Chinonso Dike to stop spamming the Imo thread. If he doesn't want to suffer Ibi and blindness at the same time. A si na o bu nwanne onye ara na ejitunwu ya.

To be for warned....

chino is a disgrace to anambra and Igbo as a whole.
I don't take him serious, of recent he behaves as a mental impelled person.

Abagworo has respect himself and move on leaving that lunatic, chino with his filty picture display.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chiefobdk(m): 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pchidexy:
Every meaningful Anambrarian should warn the bastard called Chinonso Dike to stop spamming the Imo thread. If he doesn't want to suffer Ibi and blindness at the same time. A si na o bu nwanne onye ara na ejitunwu ya.

To be for warned....

make chino catch u.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chiefobdk(m): 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
olaitoro:

Abagworo has respect himself and move on leaving that lunatic, chino with his filty picture display.

shut up. abagworo is d disgrace we kno

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by olaitoro(m): 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
chiefobdk:

shut up. abagworo is d disgrace we kno

ok, whatever rock your boat
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chiefobdk(m): 1:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
olaitoro:

ok, whatever rock your boat

I no get boat. na my dickk she dey rock
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by olaitoro(m): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
chiefobdk:

I no get boat. na my dickk she dey rock

chai, nwokem imebiela cheesy
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by rdokoye: 1:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
olaitoro:

How do you know Chino is even Igbo? Have you met him? It's more than likely he's not Igbo but a troll. These kinds of people make a career out of making trouble on the internet. The moderators should simply ban him for life, from this website - I have no idea, why they haven't already.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 1:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
rdokoye:

How do you know Chino is even Igbo? Have you met him? It's more than likely he's not Igbo but a troll. These kinds of people make a career out of making trouble on the internet. The moderators should simply ban him for life, from this website - I have no idea, why they haven't already.

Chino isn't Igbo. Sometimes I suspect it is the same person that owns the Chino and Abagworo moniker to use it in confusing gullible Igbo guys that Anambra and IMO are actually enemies. Just to create a divide and rule situation.
The best thing is to ignore both of them, if they are actually separate individuals. I bet you these are Hausa or Yoruba boys coming here to sow mayhem. We should just ignore them and indeed ignore these threads in NL. Let them do their worst. They will eventually get tired of posting crap.
Sleep go tire dead body.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Abagworo(m): 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
OreMI22:

Chino isn't Igbo. Sometimes I suspect it is the same person that owns the Chino and Abagworo moniker to use it in confusing gullible Igbo guys that Anambra and IMO are actually enemies. Just to create a divide and rule situation.
The best thing is to ignore both of them, if they are actually separate individuals. I bet you these are Hausa or Yoruba boys coming here to sow mayhem. We should just ignore them and indeed ignore these threads in NL. Let them do their worst. They will eventually get tired of posting crap.
Sleep go tire dead body.

Associating me with Chino's stupidity is nothing but complete deviation. No Igbo man has dedicated as much time to sewing seed of discord and involving every means possible to condemn other Igbo States but his. Any attack I've ever done is a direct response to attempted false representation of other Igbos by Chino or other Anambrians who take delight in that. Have you seen me condemn Abia, Enugu or Ebonyi?

Deep in our heart we all know the truth and the attempt to paint every other Igbo black by Chino and other Anambrians will always be resisted by me. Thats just my interest.

Finally notice that any Igbo man that criticises Anambra State or its Governor is declared enemy while those who criticise Imo, Abia, Enugu or Ebonyi are declared heroes. Until every criticism by everybody is considered done in good faith then nobody has the right to criticise any State but his.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ROYALD(m): 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2016
CHINO IS AN Igala man from Nzam in Anambra

rdokoye:

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yyeske(m): 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
Those mad men should just take their madness far away from this thread bikonu.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
Yyeske:
Those mad men should just take their madness far away from this thread bikonu.
guy you should know by now that this thread is already dead after the 'boycott'..how many meaningful post have you seen here since?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ROYALD(m): 6:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
raker300:
why you're allowed to post these lies on nairaland is still baffling me. Most of here pass through anambra state on our way to into the east..so shut up

shut up I pass through warri to bayesa East west road state rivers down to Imo state E.c.t
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by deutchroyal: 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
Chino
Keeping registering many user names, but every step you make i will destroy that is my duty here
Ujaatu OR Chino : where are you? This is our new camp field.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by deutchroyal: 11:55am On Apr 22, 2016
Chino; Schematics: ujaatu
Why are you always bitter with yourself? Can Awka beat any picture already posted here? Why are you always frustrated and filled with inferiority complex.

It is clear that Owerri has made Awka to look like a glorified village indeed. The pictures speaks volume and contradicts everything you say all the time. Until your useless state gets infrastructures as a state capital it will continue to be backward.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by deutchroyal: 11:59am On Apr 22, 2016
It Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Awka is a glorified village hall infrastructures and the capital city of Anambra yes,
I do not care if u get mad that I called u a ba bo on cuz u can go hug onto a live transformer for all I care. Or better still, go suck dicks in hell and die slow. just miss u !!!!!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by deutchroyal: 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
Someday you'll be too old to get away with such antics"I told you that i will destroy you here, you are no longer relevant chai chai there is Godooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Beremx(f): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2016
Alas! I have seen the thread!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ejanla07: 6:23am On Apr 26, 2016
deutchroyal:

Someday you'll be too old to get away with such antics"I told you that i will destroy you here, you are no longer relevant chai chai there is Godooooooooooooooooooooooooo

stupidest fellow ever.

the thread is dead move on

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2016
It seems guys are back. Bring it in guys. Anambra state obodo oma!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:16am On Apr 27, 2016
dump angry angry
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 5:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
The Chairman, Anambra State Investment Protection and Promotion Agency, ANSIPPA, Chief Joe-Billy Ekwunife stated this at the ANSIPPA Headquarters when he received the Kogi State New Direction Blueprint Team who were in the state on a peer learning and fact-finding mission. Chief Ekwunife who explained that the Agency was set up by Governor Willie Obiano to initiate and support initiatives that will enhance the investment climate in the state as well as ensure that investment processes are devoid of rigours and bottlenecks, said so far the Agency had attracted over 3.2 dollars in investment. The ANSIPPA however noted that the Agency has been able to achieve such feat because the Governor had created the enabling environment through the provision of adequate security and other basic infrastructure. The outstanding thing about the investment ventures, he noted, was that they were designed to create abundant wealth and job opportunities for Ndi Anambra especially members of the host communities while the investors get maximum profit for their investments. On his part, The Special Adviser to the Governor on Economic Planning and Budget and Member of ANSIPPA Board, Mr Mark Okoye said the Agency working together with line Agencies, has proved a veritable platform through which the Present Administration is consistently realizing its vision of making the state the first choice investment destination and a hub for business and industrialization in the Country. The Leader of the Kogi Team, Bar. Moses Okezie-Okafor explained that the exercise was aimed at learning creative governance strategies that will leapfrog Kogi state development-wise by adopting practical strategies from states like Anambra that has blazed the trail in good governance and accelerated economic growth http:/www.absradiotv.com/index.php/state/3283-state- govt-targeting-2-billion-us-dollars-in-investment-in-the- next-two-years
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by deutchroyal: 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
ONITSHA—Aggrieved women at Nkpor Main Market, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State, yesterday, staged a peaceful demonstration to protest against imposition of high tax by officials of the market and some government revenue agents. The over 100 women, under the aegis of Nkpor Main Market Women Petty Traders Association, closed their shops and stormed the Idemili North Local Government Secretariat, Ogidi, as early as 8a.m. with different placards. Some of the placards read in part: “We can’t afford to pay as much as N30,800 per head as tax in the market because we are merely petty traders.” “Is it from the sale of vegetables, fruits and plaiting of hairs that we will get the N30,800 to pay to the revenue agents?” “Both state and local governments should help to liberate us from these Shylock revenue contractors.” Nkpor Main Market, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State market women protesting over N30, 800 tax, at Ogidi, yesterday. Speaking to newsmen during the protest, Mrs. Veronica Eneh, a stakeholder in the market, said the Chairman of the market, Lawrence Okonkwo (aka Ububa) brought in some persons he introduced to them as state government revenue agents that would be collecting tax and other revenues amounting to N30, 800 per head, per annum. Eneh said initially, they were paying only N192 as revenue to the government until few years ago when it was increased to about N4, 800 and when they protested and refused to pay, the then state government task force on revenue collection, popularly known as Ndi Mpiawa Azu (those who break peoples’ backs with sticks), were unleashed on them and they were prompted to go to court to challenge the harassment and increase in payment of levies. The traders contended that as the matter is still pending before the Magistrate Court, the same group of revenue agents came into the market again and told them that their total payment for tax and other revenues is now N30, 800, adding that to worsen the matter, they were told that the new fee would be paid in arrears with effect from 2013. They also hinted that previous chairmen in the market had never levied the petty traders so much in the market until the advent of the incumbent Lawrence Okonkwo-led market executive, insisting that they cannot afford this N30, 800. The women wondered why the revenue officials could not come into the market and assess them individually before imposing the tax payment, adding that government should come to their aid because they do not have any other means of livelihood should they be ejected from the market, as the revenue agents threatened to do. Chairman of Idemili North Local Government Area, Emma Idemobi was not in office during the demonstration, but chairman of the market leadership, Lawrence Okonkwo told newsmen on phone that it was not the market leadership that imposed the levy but the state government. He added that the only role he played was just to invite the women to come and listen to the revenue officials from the state government.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/market-women-protest-alleged-imposition-n30000-tax/

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:16am On Apr 30, 2016
Anambra State Anthem
Video by me

chino ak47mann AnamCity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCZkSRQLwYg

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Alekkz(m): 8:22am On Apr 30, 2016
Chai...all these people wey from anambra. ..una too boast ooh...
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Alekkz(m): 8:42am On Apr 30, 2016
Chai...these anambra people...una too boast ooh
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yyeske(m): 10:57am On Apr 30, 2016
Alekkz:

Just shut up, we no beg you
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Alekkz(m): 10:40am On May 01, 2016
Yyeske:
Just shut up, we no beg you
I'll do that...just as soon as u stop boasting
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ROYALD(m): 1:05pm On May 13, 2016
WHAT A SHAME ONITCHA ANAMBRA, ANAMBRA

Two cities – one in Iran and another in Nigeria – can claim title because WHO measures pollution in two different ways.

The new WHO database of worldwide air pollution measures it in two different ways, and as a result two cities – one in Iran and another in Nigeria – can lay claim to the unenviable title of world’s most polluted city.

It all comes down to which minute particles, or particulate matter (PM), in the air are being measured. These particles are between 2.5 and 10 microns in diameter, roughly 30 times smaller than the width of a human hair.

The coarser PM10s include dust stirred up by cars on roads and the wind, soot from open fires and partially burned carbon from the burning of fossil fuels like coal, oil and wood. The particles are small enough to be inhaled deep into the lungs.

But the ultra-fine particles known as PM2.5s can only be seen with microscopes and are produced from all kinds of combustion. These are small enough to get from the lungs into the blood supply and are possibly more deadly because they affect the cardiovascular system.

Many cities in developing countries traditionally monitor only PM10s. But increasingly PM2.5 pollution is seen as the best measure of how bad air pollution is for health. Richer countries usually have higher levels of PM 2.5s, while low income countries have higher levels of PM10s. Both, says the WHO, are deadly.

Onitsha: highest for PM10s

In 2013, two people died of heat exhaustion after a six-hour gridlock on the city’s bridge over the river Niger. Cars and trucks on the main road to Lagos belch fumes from burning low-quality diesel, and the air often stinks of burning waste from rubbish dumps, the smoke from old ships on the river and discharges from the metal workshops.

But people did not expect Onitsha in Anambra state on the eastern bank of the mile-wide river Niger, to be named the most polluted in the world.

According to the WHO, an air quality monitor there registered 594 micrograms per cubic metre of microscopic PM10 particles, and 66 of the more deadly PM2.5s. Onitsha’s figures are nearly twice as bad as notoriously polluted cities such as Kabul, Beijing and Tehran and 30 times worse than London.

“We know pollution is very bad here. But this city must be much better than Lagos,” said Solomon Okechukwa, a sceptical Anambra state official, on Wednesday.

But Onitsha, say academics, is a textbook example of the perils of rapid urbanisation without planning or public services creating a sustained pollution assault on its water and air.

As a tropical port city which has doubled in size to over 1 million people in just a few years, it is frequently shrouded in plumes of black diesel smoke from old ships; it has no proper waste incineration plants; its construction sites and workshops emit clouds of dust and its heavy traffic is some of the worst in Nigeria.

A recent study of Onitsha’s water pollution found more than 100 petrol stations in the city, often selling low-quality fuel, dozens of unregulated rubbish dumps, major fuel spills and high levels of arsenic, mercury, lead, copper and iron in its water. The city’s many metal industries, private hospitals and workshops were all said to be heavy polluters emitting chemical, hospital and household waste and sewage.

“The level of pollution in Onitsha is getting increasingly serious,” said the authors.

However, the WHO also said on Wednesday that the pollution data from Onitsha was not necessarily reliable because it came from a single monitoring station.

“It is difficult to get accurate measurements in Africa. You can get super-high readings, but ideally the measurements should be done over a year to include different seasons and times of day. The reading in Onitsha may be representative but not altogether reliable,” said a WHO spokeswoman.

Zabol: highest for PM2.5s

Zabol, an eastern Iranian city on the border with Afghanistan, was once at the heart of a bustling ancient civilisation, close to where the very first piece of animation came from in the form of an intricate pottery bowl dating back 5,000 years that displays a goat in motion.

But the city is now a largely neglected area plagued by poverty - and pollution.

Every summer, as temperatures rise to staggering levels of 40C or even higher, Zabol is struck by what is locally known as “120 days of wind”, relentless dust storms from north to south.

But the disappearance in the early 2000s of a nearby wetland, Hamoun, has exacerbated the situation to an unprecedented extent. Over many centuries, the wetland was crucial to the development of the area, serving as its natural cooler. Now it has dried up and become a major source of dust in the air.

Zabol is only 45 minute’s drive away from Shahr-i Sokhta (Burnt City), a Unesco-designated world heritage site, home to the remains of a mudbrick city belonging to the bronze age.

In recent years, suffocating dust storms sweeping across Zabol have repeatedly disrupted life, closing down schools and government offices. Last year officials were forced to distribute free masks and national headlines such as “Zabol’s pollution reaching 40 times more than normal” have become part of daily life. Similar storms have also ravaged west of the country.

Mohsen Soleymani, the national project manager for preservation of Iranian wetlands, said pollution in Zabol was different from that in Tehran or Beijing, where it is linked to industry. “We are facing a critical situation in Zabol and the 120 days of wind period worsens the dust storms every year,” he told the Guardian.

“The drying up of Hamoun is the main reason behind this level of pollution but other factions have contributed to the situation such as bad management of our water resources in the past.”

According to Soleymani more than 700,000 job opportunities have disappeared because of the wetland’s situation. According to a report published by Iran’s Shargh daily, more than 500 people are diagnosed with tuberculosis in Zabol every year due to dust pollution, an unusual rate in the country. Hamoun’s crisis has forced people out of nearly 300 villages in the province, the Iranian daily reported.

Kaveh Madani, a senior lecturer in environmental management from Imperial College London, said: “The thirst for development in Iran increased as a result of the 1979 revolution, Iraq-Iran war and the international sanctions..

“Iranians continued developing infrastructure without a real concern about the long-term environmental consequences of their development plans, which normally lacked strong environmental impact assessments.”

Air pollution, dust storms, drying lakes and rivers, declining groundwater levels, land subsidence, deforestation, and desertification are on the menu of environmental products caused by unsustainable development, he said.

“Some of the problems, however, are not domestic products. Transboundary conflicts over Helmand (Hirmand) river with Afghanistan, resulting in water shortage and intensified dust storms have heavily impacted the lives of those living around the Hamouns wetlands,” he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/12/which-are-the-worlds-two-most-polluted-cities-and-why

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kingsley1000(m): 8:21pm On May 13, 2016
deutchroyal:

It Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Awka is a glorified village hall infrastructures and the capital city of Anambra yes,
I do not care if u get mad that I called u a ba bo on cuz u can go hug onto a live transformer for all I care. Or better still, go suck dicks in hell and die slow. just miss u !!!!!
who is this Im*be*cile?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ROYALD(m): 11:29pm On May 13, 2016
Kingsley1000:
who is this Im*be*cile?
OKO,KO,OKO,KOOO ENJOYING YOURSELF Dog

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 11:48pm On May 16, 2016
Umu Ibe how far?

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.