Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,483 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1224135 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:54am On Oct 19, 2014
Onitsha and Agulu are 5 star facilities and will look like what you see in Dubai when completed..this is a child's play!

BuddahMonk:
[size=18pt]Those Hotels in Onitsha and Agulu deserve these kinda grassing and landscaping walahi[/size]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 9:08am On Oct 19, 2014
Schematics:
Finotel Gardens- Awka. This is actually where the DSSS held El Rufai hostage for 24hrs during Anambra election.. cheesy

This is what I am always taking about,this is the kind of things we need in our environment. In Anambra state you have very good road network almost all round the state(cos we hv suffered from it & successive government focused on it),but those roads have sands at the side and the place is just naked no tress or grasses planted beside it.
We need to ask serious questions to the commissioner of environment and please any1 close to the government should inform them that ANSEPA should sit up and do their job. .

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:11am On Oct 19, 2014
Anambra-State needs the Best in everything!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:17am On Oct 19, 2014
3dankey:

This is what I am always taking about,this is the kind of things we need in our environment. In Anambra state you have very good road network almost all round the state(cos we hv suffered from it & successive government focused on it),but those roads have sands at the side and the place is just naked no tress or grasses planted beside it.
We need to ask serious questions to the commissioner of environment and please any1 close to the government should inform them that ANSEPA should sit up and do their job. .
5million likes.
I so much hate seeing those sands. ANSEPA are not trying at all.
Another thing is if there's a way they can be doing every once in a week compulsory sanitation like Lagos is doing every thursday, it will be very nice, especially our markets.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
@Ilovenigeria, The policy of closing businesses including Markets are anti trade & creates unemployment!.Billions of Money & revenue are lost as a result of this archaic policy!.They can use this money to employ Hundreds or even Thousands of people to work!.Our environment will be better of with this arrangement instead of these closures You are suggesting!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 12:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
The action on the environment is already on the top gear. Even the private sectors like SABMILLER are not left out as they are grassing/flowering the shoreline of the River Niger in Onitsha..

Anambra has the longest shoreline on the River Niger..this is a huge resources to our lovely state. It can only get better..

Anambra adigo mma..

3dankey:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
Creating more and more employment opportunities for our graduates..job job job!!! cheesy

First Onitsha Business Park
- comprising Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Banks etc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG_W9Rh1B1k

Second Onitsha Business Park
- comprising ICT companies, etc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6sXi2lDW24

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
investnow2013:
@Ilovenigeria, The policy of closing businesses including Markets are anti trade & creates unemployment!.Billions of Money & revenue are lost as a result of this archaic policy!.They can use this money to employ Hundreds or even Thousands of people to work!.Our environment will be better of with this arrangement instead of these closures You are suggesting!

I think this issue with our environment in Anambra State have gotten out of hand and should be a collective thing for now. Government should pass a policy or law that mandate every establishment/company (either eateries or even restaurants) to beautify their environments and plant flowers/trees in their environment.

That is the only way that we can come out from this,because if we leave it for ANSEPA alone! I will get married and even become old before they will get it right grin.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
investnow2013:
Nobody is asking the government to close down market for the whole day. Just a thursday early morning till 10am won't make a business collapse. Left to some traders they will even open their businesses on sundays and trade on top dirts.
No pain, no gain. I have seen it work in lagos.And to my surprise the traders are enjoying it. That's the day LAWMA(refuse disposal) works effectively because everybody will be at home or work place to do the sanitation.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
@ shematics

You said “the issue about the environment is on top gear". Please maybe ur working in ANSEPA or close to Evaristus Uba (the commissioner for Environment). My own is just that we should sit up and try more(cos we have even improved from what is usually on ground before).

I love that SABMiller pix,it look nice and that is our wish that my great state anambra will attain greater height.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
BuddahMonk:
[size=18pt]Those Hotels in Onitsha and Agulu deserve these kinda grassing and landscaping walahi[/size]

I hear you bro!
If only those that run things can hear us!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by lordnammy(m): 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hw do one get involves in the development stride owning to the facts that i have earth moving equipments: excavator, dozer, backhoe, grader, roller... aslo some cranes am based in ph any body with link please contact me on 08067588807
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 7:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
lordnammy:
[size=18pt]Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR from N500m to N1bn in Six Months[/size]

Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano, yesterday said his government in six months raised the Internal Generated Revenue (IGR) of the state from N500 million to N1 billion.

Obiano, who spoke in Lagos at Anambra State First Security Fund Raising Dinner, said even though his government has done well in the last six months but the government is working tirelessly to ensure that the state derives up to N50 million every month so the state can use its federal allocation for important federal projects.

According to him, “the importance of this event can be seen from the fact that humanity is threatened by insecurity all across the world. There is the ISIS challenge in the Middle East and the threat of Boko Haram in Nigeria and neighbouring West African countries.

He said: “In cities, towns and communities across Nigeria, the threat of violent crimes and kidnapping has caused a lot of sleepless nights among our people. Happily, in the last six months of my administration in Anambra State, Anambra people have slept with their two eyes closed.

“We are gathered here tonight to secure the new atmosphere of freedom in Anambra State and to ensure that our people sleep even better at night. We are gathered here to secure the Dream of a New Anambra State.”

To further underscore the importance of security to my administration, he disclosed was the reason he convened a Security Summit in Awka on April 10 and invited a world famous Israeli security expert, Moshe Keinan, to lead discussions at the summit.

“Our people have suffered from general insecurity and criminals for a long time. Long before kidnapping became a big business in Anambra State, we have had lived in an endless period of fear of armed robbers and brigands of all kinds,” Obiano added.

I hope Obiano will continue to plug the leakages in remitting government revenue to get Anambra where it should be in IGR.

It is scandalous that Ebonyi state tax collectors generated N 1 billion naira monthly in IGR while Anambra tax collectors submitted receipts worth only N500 million naira in IGR monthly!

God bless Willie Obiano!!

Willie is truly working ooooo!!! smiley smiley kiss

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 6:16am On Oct 20, 2014
WOW! 21 SENSIBLE PAGES! God bless umu omambala for their wisdom finally!

OreMI22:

I hope Obiano will continue to plug the leakages in remitting government revenue to get Anambra where it should be in IGR.

It is scandalous that Ebonyi state tax collectors generated N 1 billion naira monthly in IGR while Anambra tax collectors submitted receipts worth only N500 million naira in IGR monthly!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:59am On Oct 20, 2014
There’ll be no abandoned projects under my watch-Obiano

BY OUR REPORTER ON OCTOBER 20, 2014

Anambra State governor, Chief Willie Obiano has assured Ndi Anambra that there will be no case of abandoned project under his watch. Governor Obiano made the pledge to contrac­tors and various groups that paid solidarity visit to him at the Governors’ Lodge, Amawbia over the weekend.

Obiano said his admin­istration was committed to steadfast implementation of the 4Cs programme of Continuing, Completing, Commissioning old proj­ects and Commencing of new projects. According to Obiano: “Our projects are well thought-out and initiated to international standards and specifica­tions and all outstanding contractual obligations and issues are being addressed and honoured.”

The governor stressed that his administration would continue to pursue all contractual agreements entered into by his prede­cessor as long as quality of work was not compromised and enjoined consultants to be alive to their respon­sibilities to avoid lapses.
He directed all contractors handling government proj­ects in the state to go back to site and accelerate the pace of work as the rain was gradually abating.

Speaking further, Obia­no told the contractors to use the coming Dry Sea­son to work aggressively to complete the projects on schedule and accord­ing to specifications. He enjoined the contractors to work on how to be in­volved in the state’s road maintenance programme and confirm approved burrow pits for sand exca­vation to avoid aggravat­ing the problem of ero­sion in some parts of the state. He also told them to use the state Building Materials Quality Testing Laboratory to confirm the quality of materials used in executing projects to check incessant collapse of buildings and roads.

Earlier, the Commis­sioner for Works, Sir Cal­listus Ilozumba, while ex­plaining the import of the meeting, pointed out that the meeting was to focus on and organise various projects and avail them the opportunities to inter­act with the governor on various issues concerning the projects.

Speaking on behalf of other contractors, Youssef Zghaib assured that they would work hard and to specification and meet the expectations of the gov­ernment and the people.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=86919

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2014
UPDATE: Onitsha Shoprite Mall

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 9:18am On Oct 20, 2014
Schematics:
Thanks schematics I can see your contribution . God bless you bro, I wish all goodluck, success, love and God's protection.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 10:05am On Oct 20, 2014
OreMI22:

^^^This is what i've been saying and what has been worrying me now for some years; especially with regards to Anambra and Abia! These two states should be generating nothing less than 3 billion Naira monthly. And the painful thing is that when you go to major cities like Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka, and see the way individuals and companies are hassled to pay all manner of taxes, you'll realize that -contrary to what people accuse us of- Igbos DO pay their taxes; the only problem is that the receipts received, rather than being remitted to the gov'ts coffers, are being remitted to the pockets and bank accounts of the thieving tax collectors concerned!

I'm sure a figure close to 2 billion Naira has been stolen on a monthly basis in these two states, and it's a relief to see the present Anambra gov't paying more attention to this issue and plugging any loopholes found! If Enugu can generate 20 billion Naira in 2013, then Anambra and Abia should be able to do much better!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
@ IGBONSON1

What you said ^^^ is the truth about my dear state,it is still surprising that our IGR is low even when we can boost of 2-3 markets of International standards and some multinationals,with so many SME industries. With all this things still nothing to show for it on ground(I mean serious industrialization).

I know that those criminals obiano is chasing away from anambra now are part of the problems sha, cos corrupt anambra revenue officials use them to illegally extort citizens.

We need to hold government officials responsible for this disregard of public money. I read it in 1 of the tabloids how our IGR have increased in just 6months of obiano tenure.

I don't like praising politicians cos they are corrupt,but I think willie obiano will change our perception of Nigeria politicians.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
[size=15pt]What is the level of this edifice abi PDP don scam us again?
Those on ground Schmatic, 3dankey[/size]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 8:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
Schematics:

Thank you Schematics for the great pictures!

For some reasons, the Onitsha and Nnewi malls are dear to my heart because i know their multiplier effect in bringing tourists and investors to these cities. These Onitsha business men have partners abroad who are eager to visit Nigeria and invest. Many of them end their visit in Lagos because there are no world class hotels or places where they could shop and relax in Onitsha. Since the issue of security have been tackled by Willie Obiano's government, the opening up of world class relaxation centers and malls will be very useful in projecting these cities as open for business to the world.

In addition to shopping, people go to malls for relaxation and fun. One hopes this mall has a food Court for restaurants and at least one Cinema built in as in the Polo park mall where movie goers can watch the latest Hollywood and Nollywood movies on big screen. Perhaps someone will find some space around the Mall to erect a Ferris wheel and a small children amusement area for families to relax.

I am ecstatic that the mall has finally reached roofing stage. I hope they maintain the current speed and do an outstanding quality job.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
If you dont love rap musics you can download this album for the sake of being from the East.
Its one of the best rap albums ever made, it lived up to its billing because in reality the Sun Rises in Igboland

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
@the bolded Biggie must be an Igboguy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

[Verse Two: Notorious B.I.G.]
If I got to choose a coast I got to choose the East grin grin grin
I live out there, so don't go there
But that don't mean a nigga can't rest in the West grin cheesy cheesy
See some nice breasts in the West
Smoke some nice sess in the West, y'all niggaz is a mess
Thinkin I'm gon stop, givin L.A. props
All I got is beef with those that violate me cheesy cheesy cheesy
I shall annihilate thee shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Case closed, suitcase filled with clothes
Linens and things, I begin things
People start to flash, 818's, 213's
313's, B.I.G.
Frequently floss hoes at Roscoe's
If I wanna squirt her, take her to Fatburger
Spend about a week on Venice Beach
Sippin Crist-o, with some freaks from Frisco

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
Lets celebrate the Godfather of Modern Anambra State, he is the reason while we have a thread of our own that is worth showing to the world.
Obi Receives another award in Netherlands

He received the Voice Achievers Award 2014 for his exemplary Leadership and Governance.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
[size=18pt]Congrats Okwute[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2014
Anambra-State should be collecting between 3 to 4Billion Monthly from IGR!.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
BuddahMonk:
[size=18pt]Congrats Okwute[/size]

Congrats Okwute!
Although I am sad that you left APGA, Victor Umeh left you no choice but quit.

We are grateful that you led our state out of self inflicted darkness and chose a visionary successor to carry the torch of development. For that, we are eternally grateful.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
investnow2013:
Anambra-State should be collecting between 3 to 4Billion Monthly from IGR!.

4 to 5 billion naira I think?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 9:42am On Oct 21, 2014
The issue with our IGR is important and it need to be addressed. Let us all hope and pray that our dream of a better Anambra/IGBO land is achieved in Jesus Name.

Okwute (Peter Obi): this is one man that I love so much cos what he did can only be appreciated by those that see beyond sentiment. This is a man that met a pariah/failed state and with the little he could do, changed the whole landscape of Anambra. He met a state that was burnt down by thugs & politicians.

One statement he made that I love so much “I pray/hope that someone that is better than me will take after me". I am happy we now have willie Obiano, a man of high taste and quality.

Lastly about Zik's resting place. The project have being re-awarded close to 3 times now. Even peter Obi knows that PDP/Nigeria have no plan for the average Igbo man. Listen my brothers, we are only with GEJ now for what we can get and we have never had it this good. I can still remember the last time peter obi with well known influential men in Anambra State visited GEJ in Aso Rock. The demand was for 24hrs power in all our industrial areas in Onitsha/Nnewi and just recently(like 2months ago) FEC approved another transmission line for Onitsha and Enugu.

Pls where is Tabletman1, it have being long I saw him on this thread.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 4:32am On Oct 22, 2014
@ 3dankey, I am not in anambra again, so I just have to watch this thread from background.

Buddahmonk, the mausoleum still dey like that the last time I passed there but I saw some few workers on the site.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by spodathug: 10:40am On Oct 22, 2014
Passed through anambra 2days ago,I have no choice than to confess the serenity of onitsha,every where including the skyline looks like that of lagos island and lekki,was so happy,my hope for igboland resurrected and I became convinced that onitsha is already giving lagos an economic chase with no functioning FG investment. Anambra adigo Nma

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 10:55am On Oct 22, 2014
spodathug:
Passed through anambra 2days ago,I have no choice than to confess the serenity of onitsha,every where including the skyline looks like that of lagos island and lekki,was so happy,my hope for igboland resurrected and I became convinced that onitsha is already giving lagos an economic chase with no functioning FG investment. Anambra adigo Nma
from where to where are you going? And which side of anambra did you pass?

undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.