Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,071 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1224253 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON2: 1:36pm On May 23, 2015
Somebody mentioned here yesterday that Anambra needs more white collar job opportunities!......I couldn't agree more! But the fact that this is presently not the case is an indictment on 'one Nigeria' as presently constituted! This is just one of the problems we will continue to face in the South East while we're in a country where everything is centered and directed towards Abuja and Lagos!

White collar jobs need certain basic necessities to be in place for them to thrive; chief of which is an International Airport and Seaport!

White collar jobs are primarily middle-class jobs.....so other things that need to be in place would be stuff like decent accommodation and well-serviced housing estates; shopping malls; decent, welcoming and well organised public transportation; parks; leisure and recreational facilities; and decent schools! Anambra has some of these, and needs to work hard on acquiring the rest!

But to set the ball rolling, the Airport and rail-access to a nearby Seaport (either at Ibaka, Obuaku or Port Harcourt) are the first and indispensable parts of the jigsaw puzzle!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON2: 1:40pm On May 23, 2015
I forgot to mention that these sort of jobs also arise as a consequence of certain nation-building institutions and companies corporate headquarters being located in a particular place or city! This is where the state gov't will come in by luring these institutions and companies to come set up shop in Anambra!.....And for this to happen, there has to be good governance, security, as well as all the other points i raised in my previous post!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by slyopez(m): 2:04pm On May 23, 2015
Ok
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by customized07: 2:50pm On May 23, 2015
oneeast:
chino.dyke@yahoo.com

message sent
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 3:00pm On May 23, 2015
Ok. will respond shortly!

customized07:
message sent
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 5:07pm On May 23, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Thats one of Peter obi's substandard and mediocre projects for you. I'm not surprised

Bro Pita Obi is not on this thread... what is it that you want?

Pls stop making it look as if we igbo(or Anambra people) are this hateful and violent. I know good criticism when i see one but i no get the head and tail of your own.

What can i offer you to stop this disgraceful act..This aint funny anymore! I go talk even if na my worst enemy like Buhari you dey carry play like dis. Stop disgracing us on this thread. I invited (and will keep inviting) lots of well meanning igbos from FB to page, i wonder what will be on their minds now. I noticed one (a female igbo patriot) on her facebook page is already grumbling how bad some igbos are...the first time reading her bashing her own like that.

Pls bro, me too wey no like peta obi is becoming unconfortable with this your shameless act. What can we do to make it stop?

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 5:12pm On May 23, 2015
This thread will be dull and uninteresting without controversial people like that dude but his own is becoming too much naw!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 5:13pm On May 23, 2015
He is my brother, please accommodate him. Dalu.. cheesy

Igbonazy:
This thread will be dull and uninteresting without controversial people like that dude but his own is becoming too much naw!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 23, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^Didn't know Okija had this much land! I saw the YouTube video of this yesterday and was surprised to see so much virgin land when an aerial view of the center was captured!

The finishing of the job looks nice.....though they should plant more trees!

I'm guessing NESTOIL is from Okija!?

Okija is very big, a part of Okija called Umuzu is annexed to Ogbaru LG.

Ihiala LG is one of the biggest LG in Anambra by landmass, Uli is a also very vast.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 23, 2015
Good one from Obijackson. Wish so many other billionaires can do same so that development can spread all over Igbo land.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by christopher123(m): 6:50pm On May 23, 2015
UMUNNE....I FEEL VERY GLAD HERE ....I APPRECIATE THE INTELLECTUAL SUBMISSION WITH FEW HATRED ..THAT IS FUN

I NWA NNEWI SOUTH NA EKENE

I THINK BUILDING ICT HUBS AND SMART CITIES WILL BE NICE ...WE HAVE A LOT OF MAN POWER MAYBE WE HAVE TO LOOK AT SOFTWARE ARE OTHER ICT SPACE

THE ERA OF OIL IS GOING ...WELL WE ANAMBRA I FEEL PROUD

ANOTHER THING IS HAVING A WORLD CLASS HOSPITAL ..THAT CAN DO OPEN HEART SURGERY MAYBE UPGRADE NNEWI TEACHING HOSPITAL

MA HA KWE ..NDI FEDERAL

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by christopher123(m): 6:52pm On May 23, 2015
IGBOSON2:
I forgot to mention that these sort of jobs also arise as a consequence of certain nation-building institutions and companies corporate headquarters being located in a particular place or city! This is where the state gov't will come in by luring these institutions and companies to come set up shop in Anambra!.....And for this to happen, there has to be good governance, security, as well as all the other points i raised in my previous post!

OBSTRUCTIONS ....I HATE THE TERM LURE. THE INVESTORS WILL COME . I THINK ANAMBRA HAS IT ALL . IF OUR PEOPLE WILL INVEST HOME THEN OTHERS WILL

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 23, 2015
christopher123:

OBSTRUCTIONS ....I HATE THE TERM LURE. THE INVESTORS WILL COME . I THINK ANAMBRA HAS IT ALL . IF OUR PEOPLE WILL INVEST HOME THEN OTHERS WILL

Welcome bros.
Investors don't need much luring, what we need is having visionary leaders and our people leading first.
Sometimes I ask whether Igbos hate their home, you see igbos investing in places without social and economic amenities but when you remind them of the need to take their investments home they will be telling you incompetent our leaders are.

Last year I went to one medical diagnostic center at Oshodi called Mecure, I love what I saw there, the professionalism and the corporate outlook of the company. Igbos have such firms but they are located outside Igboland and the worst part is that they don't as a matter of charity open a branch in their state, only Nnewi people can never do that in Igboland.

What we need is opening up our economic frontiers.
There is no ISP firm in East except the rickety services being rendered by mobile service providers. East used to be sweet when Rainbownet was working, I shed tears with the demise of that coy.

In Lagos there is Swift, Spectranet,Smile,MainOne,

All these ISP firms janpacked in Lagos, Smile is owned by an Igboman, why is he went to take the coy down East and make his money instead of being in Lagos where Swift is dominating the already saturated market.

Fidelity, Diamond, Zenith, UBA, Keystone, are all Igbo banks with useless offices in East while building skyscrapers in Lagos, Unity Bank has head office in Lagos but skyscraper is in Kano.

The biggest thing Arthur Eze did in Anambra was making his hometown LG headquarters though his family built Toronto but he ran down Premier Brewery down.

Igbos need to think East because the heart of Nigerians are no longer happy with their success, nobody believes they will rise again after the war which they did and attracted jealousy and envy.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket is a very good and intelligent economic decision.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 23, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Good one from Obijackson. Wish so many other billionaires can do same so that development can spread all over Igbo land.

This is what Obijackson is building in Lagos.

But The Century Power Plant in Okija is still bushy and begging for project to start.
Though he built hospitals, a mini stadium, a construction company that employ many people in my town, he also singlehandedly sponsor our village league, beauty pageant, in-home club and numerous projects.
But apart from philanthropic works we are yet to feel his business and investments well down East.

Below is an office block he built in VI

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by christopher123(m): 10:04pm On May 23, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Welcome bros.
Investors don't need much luring, what we need is having visionary leaders and our people leading first.
Sometimes I ask whether Igbos hate their home, you see igbos investing in places without social and economic amenities but when you remind them of the need to take their investments home they will be telling you incompetent our leaders are.

Last year I went to one medical diagnostic center at Oshodi called Mecure, I love what I saw there, the professionalism and the corporate outlook of the company. Igbos have such firms but they are located outside Igboland and the worst part is that they don't as a matter of charity open a branch in their state, only Nnewi people can never do that in Igboland.

There is no ISP firm in East except the rickety services being rendered by mobile service providers. East used to be sweet when Rainbownet was working, I shed tears with the demise of that coy.

All these ISP firms janpacked in Lagos, Smile is owned by an Igboman, why is he went to take the coy down East and make his money instead of being in Lagos where Swift is dominating the already saturated market.

Fidelity, Diamond, Zenith, UBA, Keystone, are all Igbo banks with useless offices in East while building skyscrapers in Lagos, Unity Bank has head office in Lagos but skyscraper is in Kano.

The biggest thing Arthur Eze did in Anambra was making his hometown LG headquarters though his family built Toronto but he ran down Premier Brewery down.

Igbos need to think East because the heart of Nigerians are no longer happy with their success, nobody believes they will rise again after the war which they did and attracted jealousy and envy.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket is a very good and intelligent economic decision.

Funny most of the ISP and ICT firms are igbo owned ....now mecure ain't igbo but I know we anambra can do it...if they can copy nnewi model . Just go to festac axis u will understand ....if we can open branches in anambra ....it will be good

We have the human capacity

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kagame: 10:52pm On May 23, 2015
Guys lets drop sentiments and be a bit realistic.

The aim of every business is to maximize profit. In trying to achieve that goal ,sentiments take the back seat.

Lagos has the attraction as the financial capital of Nigeria and the logistics hub for movement of people,goods and services within the west African region. It also has a very large market which extends towards the whole of west africa as per Ecowas protocols. With these in mind, any serious business man would consider all these factors when choosing a location for his business.

I would only ask Obiano to continue the good work , because sooner than later people would realise that anambra is open for business and the investments would flow in effortlessly without much sweat .Businessmen are always seeking out new opportunities and untapped markets and if Anambra is ripe ,why not ?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 10:57pm On May 23, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Welcome bros.

I am glad there are still strategic thinking Igbos like you alive in my generation. I hope you know it is a gift, especially at the bolded last lines. Many of our people know how to work very hard and succeed in life, but lack strategic reasoning like you to keep their wealth in a safe environment once it's made. As much as i protest Dangote's dearth of investment in the SE, I know he is just being a smart/strategic northerner in thinking.
It used to hurt me deeply when someone is killed or his property burnt in Nigeria simply because he is Igbo. But, i have learnt that the only way Igbo reason strategically is when the awful event actually happen to them. To tell them about what may happen when it has not happened is day dreaming to them.

Having said that, we must agitate that the SE capitals create industrial layouts with good road net works and easily acquired land for these people to build branches. Many SE governors simply DON"T CARE or have no vision in helping our people invest at home.it is very difficult to obtain land or C of O in many SE capitals while these peoples' villages may not have as much infrastructure as Nnewi to allow them create branches at home.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:18pm On May 23, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Welcome bros.

Swift Network is also owned by umu Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:34am On May 24, 2015
Hmm he has tried to be doing all these,he needs encouragement nd convinction to cite his business at Okija. Do you know that a young man used over 350 million naira to build a house in my villa, which I think would have opened 2 or 3 cottage industries
BuddahMonk:

This is what Obijackson is building in Lagos.

But The Century Power Plant in Okija is still bushy and begging for project to start.
Though he built hospitals, a mini stadium, a construction company that employ many people in my town, he also singlehandedly sponsor our village league, beauty pageant, in-home club and numerous projects.
But apart from philanthropic works we are yet to feel his business and investments well down East.

Below is an office block he built in VI

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:36am On May 24, 2015
Kagame:
Guys lets drop sentiments and be a bit realistic.

The aim of every business is to maximize profit. In trying to achieve that goal ,sentiments take the back seat.

Lagos has the attraction as the financial capital of Nigeria and the logistics hub for movement of people,goods and services within the west African region. It also has a very large market which extends towards the whole of west africa as per Ecowas protocols. With these in mind, any serious business man would consider all these factors when choosing a location for his business.

I would only ask Obiano to continue the good work , because sooner than later people would realise that anambra is open for business and the investments would flow in effortlessly without much sweat .Businessmen are always seeking out new opportunities and untapped markets and if Anambra is ripe ,why not ?

Yes businesses and investments go where they will maximize profits, but the way things are going in Nigeria safety of investments and not closer to market should be the watchword.

Imagine APC fans burning Chisco vehicles in Lagos because they saw Jonathan's posters on them.

If Igbos had invested in Igboland people will still come down to igboland and look for them, do you know how many people that come to Aba from other African countries to buy shoe and clothes.

Do you know LUX singlet is cheaper in Onicha than in Lagos, do you know pencils are cheaper in Onicha than Lagos, most items and articles are cheaper in Onicha than Lagos.

If we had stayed and invested at home the kind of insult and abuse we are receiving from Nigeria wouldn't be so, Owoda people are threatning to confiscate your houses and investments when you declare Biafra, abokiiis are killing people because they heard of Muhammed cartoon or lost election.
Ask yourself how many Nigerians have a bungalow in East, as rich as Dangote and other big Nigerians that are not Igbos nobody has invested in igboland, what does that tell you.

My brother sometimes in a country like ours sentiment is a better option than being pragmatic. Not that I didn't happen in the past, it happened after the war, your investments were seized why you were giiven only £20 and don't tell me anything has changed because this generation could be the worst of greedy, wicked and covetous people one will ever think of

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:41am On May 24, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Hmm he has tried to be doing all these,he needs encouragement nd convinction to cite his business at Okija. Do you know that a young man used over 350 million naira to build a house in my villa, which I think would have opened 2 or 3 cottage industries

Yes he has tried but we Igbo youths are feeling tired of eating their fish, they should show us how to fish by bringing something profitable back home, its not coercive its persuasive ooooooooo

They should act faster so that Igbo graduates will be staying in Igboland, this is our plead.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:14am On May 24, 2015
OreMI22:

I am glad there are still strategic thinking Igbos like you alive in my generation. I hope you know it is a gift, especially at the bolded last lines. Many of our people know how to work very hard and succeed in life, but lack strategic reasoning like you to keep their wealth in a safe environment once it's made. As much as i protest Dangote's dearth of investment in the SE, I know he is just being a smart/strategic northerner in thinking.
It used to hurt me deeply when someone is killed or his property burnt in Nigeria simply because he is Igbo. But, i have learnt that the only way Igbo reason strategically is when the awful event actually happen to them. To tell them about what may happen when it has not happened is day dreaming to them.

Having said that, we must agitate that the SE capitals create industrial layouts with good road net works and easily acquired land for these people to build branches. Many SE governors simply DON"T CARE or have no vision in helping our people invest at home.it is very difficult to obtain land or C of O in many SE capitals while these peoples' villages may not have as much infrastructure as Nnewi to allow them create branches at home.

Thanks sister, inasmuch I hate T A 0rgy I have been following Okezie Ikpeazu and am seeing a kinda Tinubu begeting a Fashola in Abia State.

Am an APGAn and I supported Otti but deep down my spirit!, body and soul were with Ikpeazu but I never let anybody know because of the evils that surrounded 0rgy is being visited on Ikpeazu.

I see an Ikpeazu as an investment minded person, he grew up in Aba and know the city inside out, he has been in the city and and he started well by informing anybody that has illegal structure in Aba to remove it, this is the first step that made me start loving him and I wish he will deliver as well.

What we need are focus leaders who will go all luring and begging for investments in his states by first providing conducive environment, kidnapping is no longer in East, when was the last time kidnapping occured in any eastern state.

My dad told me about Sam Mbakwe and his ways and what made him stand out amongst his peers despite been in opposition party.

Abia is very safe but touts do harras people shaa but no guns anymore, Anambra is very safe and no touts, Enugwu is the safest state in nigeria with great infrastructures, Ebonyi government is not investment conscious, our Emperor in Imo I don't know shaa, I can't say these are visions and missions and these he has achieved or about to.

What Abia need is to fix Aba Roads, fix sanitation, remove multiple taxations, eliminate touts and thugs, open up industrial estates and look for companies that closed shop and lure them back with incentives, Aba is already planned even more than Abuja, traffics is not a problem there, with hardworking and innovative citizens governing Abia state should be the easiest thing for Okezie. All eyes on Aba.

Obiano should ditch infighting and politics of supremacy, he should shun duplication of offices and flamboyant lifestyle, am glad he is not owing anybody and am happy the oppositions in Anambra are very strong and organized so room for f**k up.
He should make Nnewi a priority because am not happy with the roads there, Nnewi are most faithful people in Igboland who heed the call of Ikemba and brought their wealth home, our government should reward them by making that town a reference point of what good infrastructures are.
Dualize Nnewi roads and open us avenues for new statelite towns to emerge, am no saying water but sanitation and power should be paramount as it matters to Nnewi.
Onicha Roads need expansion esp those industrial areas, Oka should expect little investment but attention should be given to places of strategic importance.

Enugwu should be talking nothing but attracting more and more offices, tourism, education and health.
Enugwu govt should start marketing the city, they should start selling the tourist potentials of the state because they are numerous. Attract ICT firms like Rainbownet used to have office then, I heard real estate is big there, attract more hotels and airlines, attract law and medical firms.
Enugwu should not go into commerce because Abia and Anambra have blocked that line.

Government of Enugwu should send good research around the Zone to know what others don't have so that they will invest in it. Government of Enugwu should build the city like a watering hole for those businessmen and women around the zone, the have great network of roads, secured, serene, green and most eco-friendly they have international airport, they are connect via rail....Enugwu is the best positioned state in Nigeria right now to start clicking- hope the vision is there ?

I hope in all my wriite up I didn't mention Oil, the future is bleak

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:31am On May 24, 2015
Am not saying that investments in oil n gas should be jettisoned, no what I mean is that oil n gas are the biggest distractions to African economies.

Agriculture should be given much priority than oil n gas though the later is more lucrative but the future of the former is brighter.

Industrialization covers all, though we still need to exploit our resources but that does not mean we should neglect other sectors, this is why I didn't write much on Oil n gas.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kagame: 11:44am On May 24, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Yes businesses and investments go where they will maximize profits, but the way things are going in Nigeria safety of investments and not closer to market should be the watchword.

Imagine APC fans burning Chisco vehicles in Lagos because they saw Jonathan's posters on them.

If Igbos had invested in Igboland people will still come down to igboland and look for them, do you know how many people that come to Aba from other African countries to buy shoe and clothes.

Do you know LUX singlet is cheaper in Onicha than in Lagos, do you know pencils are cheaper in Onicha than Lagos, most items and articles are cheaper in Onicha than Lagos.

If we had stayed and invested at home the kind of insult and abuse we are receiving from Nigeria wouldn't be so, Owoda people are threatning to confiscate your houses and investments when you declare Biafra, abokiiis are killing people because they heard of Muhammed cartoon or lost election.
Ask yourself how many Nigerians have a bungalow in East, as rich as Dangote and other big Nigerians that are not Igbos nobody has invested in igboland, what does that tell you.

My brother sometimes in a country like ours sentiment is a better option than being pragmatic. Not that I didn't happen in the past, it happened after the war, your investments were seized why you were giiven only £20 and don't tell me anything has changed because this generation could be the worst of greedy, wicked and covetous people one will ever think of

My brother all you have said is true ,and I can only add to it. There are some businesses that can thrive irrespective of location ,but can better contain costs and maximize profits when sited in a particular location. There are also others that are highly location dependent.

-An Ifeanyi Uba cannot locate all his tank farms in Anambra.
-The owner of Oilserve cannot site his industries in Anambra cos the oil capital of Nigeria is PH.
- Nestoil cannot do the same for the reasons above.

But ,

-The owner of Neros pharmaceuticals might have no cogent reason to site his industry in Ogun state while Orange drugs and Juhel are thriving in anambra.
-The owner of Genesis can site a cinema in onitsha,awka and nnewi. He would have the first mover advantage and will be highly patronized.

Irrespective,I will assure you that most true Anambra sons are always looking back home to see if the economic climate is ripe for them to take a plunge. Anambra people are home oriented ,no matter how educated ,rich or influential they might be. Just take a look at the profile of the Chairman of ANSIPPA (Cyril Enweze) to understand what I mean. I know what he has achieved for himself,but he is home serving the state, when he could have been enjoying retirement in America with his family. And there are so many like that.

The fact that we are all here discussing Anambra issues, irrespective of our various locations across the globe shows that we think and care about the state. I cant recall how many Nigerian states have a fora like this , apart from SE states.

We are a migrant people, but we never forget home.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 24, 2015
Kagame:

My brother all you have said is true ,and I can only add to it. There are some businesses that can thrive irrespective of location ,but can better contain costs and maximize profits when sited in a particular location. There are also others that are highly location dependent.

-An Ifeanyi Uba cannot locate all his tank farms in Anambra.
-The owner of Oilserve cannot site his industries in Anambra cos the oil capital of Nigeria is PH.
- Nestoil cannot do the same for the reasons above.

But ,

-The owner of Neros pharmaceuticals might have no cogent reason to site his industry in Ogun state while Orange drugs and Juhel are thriving in anambra.
-The owner of Genesis can site a cinema in onitsha,awka and nnewi. He would have the first mover advantage and will be highly patronized.

Irrespective,I will assure you that most true Anambra sons are always looking back home to see if the economic climate is ripe for them to take a plunge. Anambra people are home oriented ,no matter how educated ,rich or influential they might be. Just take a look at the profile of the Chairman of ANSIPPA (Cyril Enweze) to understand what I mean. I know what he has achieved for himself,but he is home serving the state, when he could have been enjoying retirement in America with his family. And there are so many like that.

The fact that we are all here discussing Anambra issues, irrespective of our various locations across the globe shows that we think and care about the state. I cant recall how many Nigerian states have a fora like this , apart from SE states.

We are a migrant people, but we never forget home.

Thanks bros, its because of what our fathers suffered in the past and we their children are being threatened similar calamity by those we called our compatriots.
Imagine Orba Lil Wayne threatening Igbos because of election and Junaid Muhammed saying North will take over everything that is in Abuja if Nigeria disintegrate.

This is why we are shouting it to everybody that Nigerians are not happy with us, Nigerians are wishing disaster and calamity on us.

Imagine Fashola deported Igbos in Nigeria, do you know Orba Lil Wayne is suppose to be dethroned by the state government because of that reckless statement but being that all of them share similar sentiments against Igbos he is still accord respect and newspapers are stiill interviewing the disgraced ediot.

Anti-Igbo sentiment is very strong in Nigeria but many igbos are more Nigerians than Lugard to see the bigger picture. Some igbos born outside Igboland see those born in igboland as primitive when you push for igbo agenda they said your a tribalist, your a bigot, they blame igbo leaders for lack federal projects in SE but blame FG for lack of federal projects in North and SW.

Imagine Fashola and Orji Kalu have misunderstanding and Fashola went and lock up his house in Ikoyi, these are things we see but many of our people are blind to see.

Anti-Igbo is a united course in Nigeria and we igbo gave and are giving them the opportunities and audacity to carry it out, can you run with your companies was what an abokii told me on FB, owoda person are telling us how they will inherit igbos houses if they move back to East.

In Feb I visited my brother in Lagos, we went to a football field to watch kids play sandlot football, after the chosen an arguement started one guy told the other that if he is not happy he can go back to his village.
The guy that was told that is an igbo but was born n raised in Lagos but nobody regarded him as a lagosian, he just being profile ethnically so he shouldn't fight injustice or he should go back to his village.

Everybody is seeing what is happening in SA, we all saw it, its easier to copy evil than to return favor, we see the section of Nigeria that were hailing those SAns, we saw what a cardiologist said that should happened to igbos in the height of xenophobic attacks, many Nigerians went as far as celebrating the xeno attacks in SA that Igbos are targeted, these are people you sing in the churches everyday and exchange pleasantries in the schools and streets.

I have nothing to say but if igbo businessmen had decided to invest in East that seaport in Onicha must have been completed, but since those that want it are few and hapless, our leaders do as they pleases all the projects are abandoned.

Ndigbo should be very sober, I mean very very sober, Nigeria is a fraud. Its a very big shame to see igbos saying % of hotels in Kano are own by Igbos, % of houses in Kaduna are own by Igbos, % shops in Jos are own by Igbos, % of firms in Lagos are own by igbos.......what % do other people own in your land.?

10 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by HappyJoe: 3:41pm On May 24, 2015
Obi Jackson is building a gas pipeline to Okija. That site might seem bushy, but a lot has to be done before it is activated.

Trust me, a lot is being done.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 24, 2015
If only you know the burden on obijacksons shoulders already. He is doing his part, what are others doing??.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 24, 2015
Like i earlier pointed its not coercive, we do appreciate what he has done but whom much is given much is expected.

chidyhels:
If only you know the burden on obijacksons shoulders already. He is doing his part, what are others doing??.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:30am On May 25, 2015
Gov Obiano commissions State Office of Bank of Industry, additional Plant for Sabmiller Breweries

Governor Willie Obiano says his administration has since its inception, sustained the tradition of encouraging businesses and investments in the State by putting in place adequate measures and policies that help reduce their cost of operation. Governor Obiano stated this when he commissioned the State Office of the Bank of Industry in Awka.

Governor Obiano who noted that the State is blessed with citizens renowned for their resourcefulness, entrepreneurial spirit and industry, said the support his administration is providing to Small and Medium Scale Businesses will ensure that the ingenuity of the Anambra man is brought to the fore.

He described the Bank of Industry as a major partner with the State Government in the realization of industrial revolution in the State, adding that the establishment of the State Office will bring the numerous packages of the Bank closer for the people to access them. The Governor assured the Bank of the support of his administration towards the achievement of its vision in the State. Earlier, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Bank, Mr Rasheed Olaoluwa explained that the establishment of the Office was in furtherance of the Bank's partnership with the State Government as well as the need to avail Ndi Anambra improved Development Finance Services. He commended Governor Obiano on the giant strides his administration has achieved in the socio-economic development of the State, adding that the Bank is poised to complement the effort by improving the quality of its service delivery and developmental impact in the areas of wealth and job creation. In a similar development, Governor Obiano yesterday also commissioned the additional plant of the Sabmiller Breweries located at the Industrial Harbour Layout, Onitsha.

The additional Plant is part of the main facility established in 2009 with a capital base of 100 million US Dollars, in which the State has an equity share of 10%. Performing the function, Governor Obiano said a major focus of his administration is to support investments with the potential to grow the State Economy and create employment opportunities for the State Youths. The Governor who observed with satisfaction, the rapid growth which the Investment has achieved within a short period, attributed the feat to the investment-friendly created by his administration and assured that his government will do more.

The Managing Director of the Company, Mr Simon Harvey who noted that the State has yielded the second largest market in Africa for the Company's products, said the Company has created over 500 direct jobs and over 2000 indirect ones for Youths in the State while numerous indirect commercial support services have been availed the people. The Chairman, Board of Directors of the Company and Traditional Ruler of Onitsha, Obi Nnaemeka Achebe revealed that the Company is floating the Hero Foundation for Youth Empowerment as a way of giving back to the Society. The Governor and his entourage later embarked on a facility tour of the Plant.

http://www.absradiotv.com/index.php/anambra/state-news/anambra-central/1258-gov-obiano-commissions-state-office-of-bank-of-industry-additional-plant-for-interfact-breweries

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 8:15am On May 25, 2015
"The Biafran struggle is,another plane,a resistance to Arab-Muslim expansionism which has menaced and ravaged the African continent for twelve centuries. As early as the quarter of the seventh century,the Arabs,a people from the Near-East,evolved Islam not just as a religion but as a cover for their insatiable territorial ambition. By the tenth century they had overrun and occupied,among other places,Egypt and North Africa.Had they stopped there,we would not today be faced with the wicked and unholy collusion we are fighting against. On the contrary,they cast their hungry and envious eyes across the Sahara on to the land of the Negroes" ~ Ojukwu

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by rafindo(m): 10:22am On May 25, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Ihiala LG is one of the biggest LG in Anambra by landmass, Uli is a also very vast.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by rafindo(m): 10:22am On May 25, 2015
[quote author=BuddahMonk post=34029889]

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.