Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1224214 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 2:39pm On May 27, 2015
Bros this is how they force the Hausa superiority over us, they always like to appear leanered and travel abi civilize by rapping in all these languages the original speakers are even preventing their kids from speaking.

ifu kwara ka osi asu awusa ka obu emir sanusi muru ya,

The guy wan use hausa intimidate oneeast and his co traveler also responded in hausa.

When we were kids most of cousins that live in lagos that don't know how to speak igbo but Yoruba and pidgin english formed for us then, we don't speak English or pidgin but we were teaching them basic sciences and other primary school arithmetics back then.
Most of them can't read and write but if they want to intimidate us they will start speaking yoloba for us and their mums will be calming them...though they don't fight us, none of them will ever square up against us born in East during Xmas for a fight, they knew their limits.

Its like we will make Nnewison Emir of Umudim or Otolo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My cousin in lagos always claim she is speaking english to his child, come she cut and join pidgin English now.

Lol

cjrane:

I am pissing on myself laughing here. I know an Igbo family in Lagos that their children cannot speak a sentence of grammatically correct English, yet they are proud that their children can only speak Yoruba but not Igbo! grin grin cheesy so what is the difference between their children and a Yoruba child born in rural Ikare Ekiti that can only speak Yoruba language?
He is speaking Hausa like Hausa is something to be proud of. If speaking that language were useful, he would have stayed in Sokoto and benefitted from knowlesge of the language as one would go to London to live and benefit from knowledge of English. Like hausa is a language that has achieved anything in the world except cheating in Nigeria and thus creating tension amongst the people of this unfortunate country. In his mind speaking hausa equates to speaking Spanish, Japanese or even Swahili. Hehehe......
Some of our Igbo bros sef!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 3:50pm On May 27, 2015
Here, Obiano's Wife is Helping to Change the life of children with Cleft problem!.....Helping The Poor is also Anambra-State Revolution!..... Nobody is left-out in This Great State of Alaigbo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 3:57pm On May 27, 2015
Obiano Here laying the Foundation stone of A World Class Studio For ABS at Awka Anambra-State of Alaigbo!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 4:12pm On May 27, 2015
For those of you calling for the head of commissioner for environment well here you have it

http://www.odogwublog.com/2015/05/obiano-sacks-commissioner-for.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:22pm On May 27, 2015
asha80:
For those of you calling for the head of commissioner for environment well here you have it

Goodnews!. I was the opinion that he should't be there in the first place!. Anambra-State don't need political appointees, but technocrats who are very hungry for Change & Revolution!.Obiano dalu rie nne!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:29pm On May 27, 2015
Sabmillar Onitsha-Anambra-State!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 4:32pm On May 27, 2015
asha80:

Good!
All commissioners should be kept on their toes

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:34pm On May 27, 2015
Zonacom:

Good!
All commissioners should be kept on their toes
Kpom Kwem!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 4:58pm On May 27, 2015
biafransoul:

Bro, abeg, na you truly be that? You really to chop up
shut your dirty mouth, how about you post your pics lets see how you look

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 5:12pm On May 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

shut your dirty mouth, how about you post your pics lets see how you look

I saw what they did to you at Apga Alaigbo page, you called Obi clown the entire forumite descended on you, you later abandoned the page.

Don't deny because everything about the post was your name, texture, tone, mood and style. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:24pm On May 27, 2015
AnambraDota:

I saw what they did to you at Apga Alaigbo page, you called Obi clown the entire forumite descended on you, you later abandoned the page.

Don't deny because everything about the post was your name, texture, tone, mood and style. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol, you people are very funny. There are many people who are anti Peter obi like me on facebook so I dont know who you are talking about but it certainly is not me. Just a quick check on Valentine obeinyem posts will show you how ndi anambra detest peter obi. Thats why I laugh at people telling me to stop attacking Peter obi here.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 5:26pm On May 27, 2015
Otolo gbagbuo ndi osu imi na ndi amosu si na anyi bu ndi anambra ama anulu fa miri togbo iko

Imelu ofuma nwanne madu

dalu rinne

anambra nwelu madu
oneeast1:
Nya fiotuba..Awka is Dubai of Nigeria! cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast1: 5:27pm On May 27, 2015
I think he was just pulling your legs when he said that he saw you. lol

FreeGlobe:

Lol, you people are very funny. There are many people who are anti Peter obi like me on facebook so I dont know who you are talking about but it certainly is not me. Just a quick check on Valentine obeinyem posts will show you how ndi anambra detest peter obi. Thats why I laugh at people telling me to stop attacking Peter obi here.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:28pm On May 27, 2015
oneeast1:
I think he was just pulling your legs when he said that he saw you. lol

ok I was also pulling his legs too. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:34pm On May 27, 2015
Welcome develoment but i think the okada should be generally phased out. This is commendable.
The Anambra State Government has directed the restriction of all private and commercial motorcycle and tricycle operators from the major expressways in the State from Monday the first day of June, 2015. Accordingly, all motorcycle and tricycle operators in the State will from next week Monday be barred from plying the Enugu- Onitsha and Onitsha - Owerri expressways. Similarly, it will be illegal for all motorcycles either private or commercial to ply the following designated roads in Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi:

In Awka, the roads are: Enugu-Onitsha expressway, Arthur Eze Avenue and Ziks Avenue.For Onitsha, the roads are: Onitsha-Owerri expressway, Awka Road, Borromew-Upper Iweka-Bridge Head road, Old and New Market Roads and Oguta Road. In Nnewi, they are: Nnewi- Nnobi road and Nnewi - Oba road.
All Commuters who must ply these restricted roads are by this announcement advised to use tricycles or the taxis and buses provided by the State Government and other commercial vehicle owners.

Law enforcement agencies have been directed to ensure strict compliance to this directive. Any motorcycle or tricycle operator caught violating this directive will have his motorcycle or tricycle impounded, retrievable by the payment of a fine of five thousand Naira for motorcycles and ten thousand Naira for tricycles for first offenders. Subsequent arrest for a second violation of this directive will attract outright confiscation of the motorcycle or tricycle by the State Government.

Lastly, all motorcycle operators in the State are by this announcement restricted from carrying more than a Passenger on a trip.

Signed.
Dr Uju Nwogu
Hon. Commissioner For Information, Culture and Tourism.
Chu'ma Mbonu Esq
Hon. Commissioner for Transport
26th May, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 5:35pm On May 27, 2015
Nwanne ike gwuru...my daughter in lagos she is 7 yrs and she speaks Igbo like die...i made her to understand that she is AN IGBO GIRL MORE OVER FROM ANAMBRA ...you need to see her force me....daddy ka anyi suba igbo...

now my wife is ukwuani ...but guess what...my daughter has never missed 1st or 2nd position throughout her accademic career

sO ejihi english ma obu yoruba etu onu and more over anambra igbo asoka

nwanne madu oma asi...oburo eziokwu ka m na ekwu

Nnewi south no na uno ..ana m eken u

kedu peppyluv ka obu peppy02 that is another anambra girl i trust and admire so much..kedu babyosisi, kedu asadike, kedu okeipku

anambra nwelu madu

Some are saying Dubai of africa...yes anambra or awka might not be dubai of africa but she has the guts to make it dubai of africa..so ndi be anyi ka anyi kwado ya

hapu nu ndi judas juru ebe

biko nye nu m picture ka jiri anya m gba ru onwem kristimas

on nge na eme

ya fioba

AnambraDota:
Bros this is how they force the Hausa superiority over us, they always like to appear leanered and travel abi civilize by rapping in all these languages the original speakers are even preventing their kids from speaking.

ifu kwara ka osi asu awusa ka obu emir sanusi muru ya,

The guy wan use hausa intimidate oneeast and his co traveler also responded in hausa.

When we were kids most of cousins that live in lagos that don't know how to speak igbo but Yoruba and pidgin english formed for us then, we don't speak English or pidgin but we were teaching them basic sciences and other primary school arithmetics back then.
Most of them can't read and write but if they want to intimidate us they will start speaking yoloba for us and their mums will be calming them...though they don't fight us, none of them will ever square up against us born in East during Xmas for a fight, they knew their limits.

Its like we will make Nnewison Emir of Umudim or Otolo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My cousin in lagos always claim she is speaking english to his child, come she cut and join pidgin English now.

Lol

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:38pm On May 27, 2015
I have Fulfilled Promises made to Labour - Obiano

Anambra State Governor Chief Willie Obiano today stated that the promises made to the labour at the inception of his administration have been fulfilled. The governor made the assertion when he received in audience a delegation led by the new Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Anambra State Chapter, Comrade Jerry Nnubia at the Governors’ Lodge in Amawbia.

Governor Obiano observed that though the revenue from the federal government had depleted, the payment of salary was not an issue, confirming that he had issued a standing directive that workers’ salaries be paid on the 25th of every month. According to him, “We take welfare of workers seriously because we know that motivation is important for optimum performance and the achievement of the goals we have set for ourselves in the state. Indeed Anambra is currently one of the states in Nigeria that pay salaries as and when due.”

He however reassured the NLC, Anambra state chapter that as the revenue of the state improves, the welfare of the workers would improve as well, noting that the government had earlier provided mass transit bus service for workers, increased the salaries by 15%, and also shared 50kg bags of rice for all workers in the state during the festive season amongst others.

On the efficiency of the workers the governor said, “There are obvious gaps and the approach of my administration is to focus on training and retraining of workers to enable them face the challenges and deliver especially in the revenue mobilizing effort of the government. Training is critical in service delivery”. The Governor reiterated

Obiano explained that workers will be trained and moved to ministries where they will be most useful. He also ceased the opportunity to appeal to workers to take their duties more responsibly; endeavour to be at their duty posts and make maximal use of the working period as the government is doing everything possible to ensure that workers are properly taken care of. He also congratulated the new chairman of the NLC in Anambra state on the successful election and wished him a fruitful tenure.

Speaking earlier, the leader of the delegation and the state chairman NLC, Comrade Jerry Nnubia thanked the governor for the security in Anambra state and the giant strides in the administrations four pillars of government which include Agriculture, Oil and Gas, Trade and Commerce, and Industrialization. He however highlighted the major issues that the NLC Anambra state chapter needs government’s attention, such as provision of low cost housing for the workers, cancellation of all contract appointments, implementation of National Minimum wage, implementation of consolidated Health Salary Structure.

Other requests by the NLC delegation include; the appointment of Special Adviser on Labour Matters, the problems of staff of local government, constructing of Labour House, as well as the issue the need to resolve issue of posting at the state Internal Revenue Service and threats of retrenchment of staff of Anambra Broadcasting Service.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast1: 5:38pm On May 27, 2015
The major areas they were removed from has totally sent bikes out of Anambra as a whole. If they can't ply those major link ways how will they connect with the other places in a city for instance? I see them moving towards rural areas from now on which is actually where they are needed mostly.

The last time I visited Ph I saw bikes even in a large town as Obigbo and other surburbs but not in PHC.

[quote author FreeGlobe post=34149274]Welcome develoment but i think the okada should be generally phased out. This is commendable.
[/quote]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 5:40pm On May 27, 2015
To be honest with all and sundry

I was born in imo stae and been in Enugu sate and when you say awka is the best capital in east of Niger..i doubt it but it still depends on yardstick

I give it to Uyo, Then PH, Then Enugu, Then Owerri, Then Awka(Awka is a new city less than 25yrs old) then Calabar lastly Abakiliki and Umuahia

These are the cities Est of Niger

AnambraDota:

Nwanne its seems you are not following the arguement.

Oneeast said Awka Is the best capital city East of the Niger, this is a blank statement, no comparison no calling out but Zonacom jump into the circle and started talking about North.

Chino didn't mention North neither did he call any state, it was Zonacom that started the comparison which attracted my ire.
So we don't compare, we know our state more than anybody and how our state, cities, towns and villages were a decade ago, we didn't start with other people, we suffered some handicaps, we were and are being marginalize in sharing national cake but when we look back and forth and see where we were, where we are and where we are going, we can't help but to beat our chest that we are the greatest.

Oneeast never compared, a mofo did that to spur a war.

God dwells in Anambra
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:42pm On May 27, 2015
tonychristopher:

I was born in imo stae and been in Enugu sate and when you say awka is the best capital in east of Niger..i doubt it but it still depends on yardstick

[s]I give it to Uyo, Then PH, Then Enugu, Then Owerri, Then Awka(Awka is a new city less than 25yrs old) then Calabar lastly Abakiliki and Umuahia
[/s]

Enugu, uyo, calabar, ph, owerri, awka, umuahia, abakaliki

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast1: 5:43pm On May 27, 2015
Nwanne I don't want this comparison here. I made my earlier comment without comparing with any city.

[s]
tonychristopher:
I give it to Uyo, Then PH, Then Enugu, Then Owerri, Then Awka(Awka is a new city less than 25yrs old) then Calabar lastly Abakiliki and Umuahia
[/s]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 5:44pm On May 27, 2015
I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF BANING BIKE, I AM FROM NNEWI SOUTH AND WE DO NOT USE BICYCLES AS A MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION BUT BILES, I THINK THAT BIKES SHOULD BE LIMITED IN THE VILLAGES OR HAVE AREAS EARMARKED FOR THEM NOT TOTALLY BANNED...THE QUESTION IS DO ANAMBRA STILL HAVE VILLAGES COS PLACES LIKE AWKA ETITI CANT BE CALLED VILLAGE,PLACES LIKE AMICHI, NKWO IGBO UKWU, EKE UKE AXIS AND EVEN OGIDI, ATANI AND OJOTO ARE NOT VILLAGES BUT URBAN CENTERS NOT YET FULL FLEDGED CITIES LIKE NNEWI, OTU OR NNUKWU AWKA

NOW HOW DO WE SORT OUT THIS QUAGMIRE

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:44pm On May 27, 2015
oneeast1:
The major areas they were removed from has totally sent bikes out of Anambra as a whole. If they can't ply those major link ways how will they connect with the other places in a city for instance? I see them moving towards rural areas from now on which is actually where they are needed mostly.

The last time I visited Ph I saw bikes even in a large town as Obigbo and other surburbs but not in PHC.

Yes, I think once Aurthur Eze, Ziks Avenue and Onisha/enugu expressway are cleared of okada, then okada will be useless in Awka but I dont know about onitsha and Nnewi
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 5:45pm On May 27, 2015
ghahalu m, nsogbu adighi...me seff i dont like comparism maka na igbo bu otu

kedu ife ilo?

I know nwanne, mana anyi ga ekwusi nke bu eziokwu

dalu rinne

oneeast1:
Nwanne I don't want this comparison here. I made my earlier comment without comparing with any city.

[s][/s]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast1: 5:46pm On May 27, 2015
No comparison nwanne. This is not a comparison thread. Because whatever one says here remains an opinion with person.

Awka presently remains the most beautiful and most modern.

FreeGlobe:

Enugu, uyo, calabar, ph, owerri, umuahia, awka, abakaliki
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 5:47pm On May 27, 2015
Nwanyi oma..asi

kedu yardstick iji me ya bu comparison

FreeGlobe:

Enugu, uyo, calabar, ph, owerri, awka, umuahia, abakaliki
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 5:48pm On May 27, 2015
onye kwe chi ya ekwe

otua ka odi

mana awokwana eze onye agwana m nke isuofia..mechalu buru nsi na ike

dalu ri nne

oneeast1:
No comparison nwanne. This is not a comparison thread. Because whatever one says here remains an opinion with person.

Awka presently remains the most beautiful and most modern.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 5:49pm On May 27, 2015
I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF BANNING BIKE, I AM FROM NNEWI SOUTH AND WE DO NOT USE BICYCLES AS A MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION BUT BILES, I THINK THAT BIKES SHOULD BE LIMITED IN THE VILLAGES OR HAVE AREAS EARMARKED FOR THEM NOT TOTALLY BANNED...THE QUESTION IS DO ANAMBRA STILL HAVE VILLAGES COS PLACES LIKE AWKA ETITI CANT BE CALLED VILLAGE,PLACES LIKE AMICHI, NKWO IGBO UKWU, EKE UKE AXIS AND EVEN OGIDI, ATANI AND OJOTO ARE NOT VILLAGES BUT URBAN CENTERS NOT YET FULL FLEDGED CITIES LIKE NNEWI, OTU OR NNUKWU AWKA

NOW HOW DO WE SORT OUT THIS QUAGMIR

oneeast1:

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast1: 5:49pm On May 27, 2015
Please open another thread for this di.ck measuring not here. As for me and my city we are the best, you can say yours about your city.

tonychristopher:
Nwanyi oma..asi

kedu yardstick iji me ya bu comparison

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:49pm On May 27, 2015
oneeast1:

Awka remains the most beautiful and most modern.

Well, I have spent time in all the places mentioned. Its my opinion though just as yours is your opinion. Awka does not have a signature infrastructure to make it beautiful and most modern. The previous government did not invest anything in Awka unlike those other places where you have well marked dual carriage ways and functioning street lights and what have you. Awka is really coming up though

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 5:52pm On May 27, 2015
oneeast1:
Please open another thread for this di.ck measuring not here. As for me and my city we are the best, you can say yours about your city.
also

I am from anambra also and nnewi south and ikwu nne m bu Igbo Ukwu so munwa bu purest anambra but i am trying to be frank also

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.