Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1224287 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2015
Stolen:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34067963

Ibeto is in trouble because Dangote is very busy building capacity to occupy and dominate the African Cement market.

Ibeto need to start thinking of expansion of his Cement factory in Ebonyi to stand a chance.

Dangote will drop the price of cement to drive him out of market. There will be no honeymoon period for Ibeto.

No period of controlling price.

Businesses doesn't work like that, in every market there must be a leader, then a challenger, after that a nicher and the new entrants.

That Dangote is buying everywhere doesn't mean Ibeto will stop investing in cement.

You sounded like a Yoruba in this your assertion

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 10:35pm On Aug 26, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Businesses doesn't work like that, in every market there must be a leader, then a challenger, after that a nicher and the new entrants.

That Dangote is buying everywhere doesn't mean Ibeto will stop investing in cement.

^^^Bros, remember say na Nigeria we dey oh! A place where economic theories and variables are turned on their head! There's no accounting for having a tribalistic goon as president that could favor one party over the other like we saw with OBJ!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Tkester: 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2015
^^^^

You are correct.

I think we need to stop patronizing dangote products in the SE, since the man does not have the will to invest in SE he shouldn't be allowed to reap the economic benefit coming from Igbo land.

I know Ibeto, and by the Grace of God he will be completing his cement company this year or first quarter of next year latest, he has all the capacity to give dangote a run for his money. Work has been going on at the Ibeto cement at a ferocious speed and hopefully he will take over the entire SE.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OGOg: 7:07am On Aug 27, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Tkester: 8:23am On Aug 27, 2015
^^^^

There's no big deal, we have been expecting such since, we thank God that it is finally happening, because thats we need for our struggle for BIAFRA to go into a higher gear.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 27, 2015
Tkester:
^^^^

You are correct.

I think we need to stop patronizing dangote products in the SE, since the man does not have the will to invest in SE he shouldn't be allowed to reap the economic benefit coming from Igbo land.

I know Ibeto, and by the Grace of God he will be completing his cement company this year or first quarter of next year latest, he has all the capacity to give dangote a run for his money. Work has been going on at the Ibeto cement at a ferocious speed and hopefully he will take over the entire SE.

You don't need to shout it all over the net, just try and plant the consciousness in people around you, just in subtle ways chip in the idea, don't make it open
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2015
OGOg:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/why-construction-of-second-niger-bridge-may-be-put-on-hold-for-now/
This is a dagger to the heart , chai

Let him stop it now. This is why Jonathan is a failure and should be killed.

Come to think of it only Igbos are agitating for second Nigeria bridge, where are the SS and North Central people that use the bridge as much as we do nobody is talking.

Is the bridge an Igbo property, does it mean others won't be allowed to pass the bridge because its in Igboland
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by attacker231: 9:06am On Aug 27, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Ebuka the Ugly jobless bastard that cant do without screaming Yoruba. Yoruba is not the cause of your family problem, they didnt make your life miserable, they didnt kill your foolish father, they are not the cause of your stagnation. Enjoy your thread in peace and stop looking for trouble. Anoufia

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Come to think of it only Igbos are agitating for second Nigeria bridge, where are the SS and North Central people that use the bridge as much as we do nobody is talking.

Is the bridge an Igbo property, does it mean others won't be allowed to pass the bridge because its in Igboland
God bless you for this post.
Ohanaeze ndigbo and other irrelevant igbo groups should stop making us a laughing stock. If APC likes, they should continue and finish the project, if they don't, let them leave it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
Zonacom:

God bless you for this post.
Ohanaeze ndigbo and other irrelevant igbo groups should stop making us a laughing stock. If APC likes, they should continue and finish the project, if they don't, let them leave it.
FG disburses N18.3b counterpart funds for Second Niger Bridge
* Cost now raised to N117b

The Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA)- managers of the more than $2 billion Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF)- has given a status report on the ongoing Second Niger Bridge project under a joint public, private partnership between the Nigerian Government and some private equity capital firms, including the NSIA.

According to the NSIA, the Nigerian government has so far disbursed N18.3 billion of her N30 billion commitment to the project, adding that the Fund too has so far spent $2.1 million on consultancy services. The information is contained in a status report on the project released by the NSIA in Abuja.

The total cost of the project was estimated at N108 billion at conception but it has gone up to N117.9 billion due to the falling value of the Nigerian currency in relation to other world currencies.

While reporting the progress status of the Second Niger Bridge, the Vice President, Infrastructure Investment and Special Advisor to the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Project, Mr. Obinna Ihedioha, said it was initially estimated to cost N108billion, excluding duties and VAT (if duties and VAT are included), regretting that the project cost is now N117.9billion.

He gave reason for the increase in cost: “This was equivalent to $700million at the then prevailing exchange rate of N154/$. The final project cost would naturally be affected by exchange rate fluctuations and other variables.” The bridge will be constructed and operated on a Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer (DBFOT) basis.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
investnow2013:
FG disburses N18.3b counterpart funds for Second Niger Bridge
* Cost now raised to N117b

The Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA)- managers of the more than $2 billion Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF)- has given a status report on the ongoing Second Niger Bridge project under a joint public, private partnership between the Nigerian Government and some private equity capital firms, including the NSIA.

According to the NSIA, the Nigerian government has so far disbursed N18.3 billion of her N30 billion commitment to the project, adding that the Fund too has so far spent $2.1 million on consultancy services. The information is contained in a status report on the project released by the NSIA in Abuja.

The total cost of the project was estimated at N108 billion at conception but it has gone up to N117.9 billion due to the falling value of the Nigerian currency in relation to other world currencies.

While reporting the progress status of the Second Niger Bridge, the Vice President, Infrastructure Investment and Special Advisor to the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Project, Mr. Obinna Ihedioha, said it was initially estimated to cost N108billion, excluding duties and VAT (if duties and VAT are included), regretting that the project cost is now N117.9billion.

He gave reason for the increase in cost: “This was equivalent to $700million at the then prevailing exchange rate of N154/$. The final project cost would naturally be affected by exchange rate fluctuations and other variables.” The bridge will be constructed and operated on a Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer (DBFOT) basis.
I've never heard or read about any project in nigeria so politicized as this second Niger bridge. What rubish! Is this bridge going to be the biggest in Africa? Gej and PDP played with our (ndigbo) heads over this bridge. Today Buhari and APC are taking the joke to a whole new level. Rubish!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OGOg: 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Buddha monk nwannem, God forbid if any thing happens to the existing bridge. It will spell doom for the anambra economy.I can't bring myself together to phantom the impact on the onitsha and nnewi markets.
The painful part is the flimsy reason for suspension of work, we don suffer for this country
I have never taken the biafra thing serious but the way am feeling now , I feel ready to shed blood for it.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OGOg: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
Inveatnow2013, is that the second Niger bridge?
Kindly reply asap
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tunjion: 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
^I dont know why he will post such false pics rather than actual state of things.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
OGOg:
Inveatnow2013, is that the second Niger bridge?
Kindly reply asap
no!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
I recommend that Obiano and Ifeanyi okowa pull funds together with the private sector and begin funding the 2nd niger bridge. IT'S 100% DOABLE.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
It's a World Class Bridge. Must never be delayed nor abandoned.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by funkiebully: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
Buhari, it will never be well with u. As u have decided to play an toy with d lives of my ppl travelling across onitsha n asaba., sorrow will not depart from ur house hold. Chukwu abiama will show u why he is chi ukwu.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by abagoro(m): 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
Igbonazy:
I recommend that Obiano and Ifeanyi okowa pull funds together with the private sector and begin funding the 2nd niger bridge. IT'S 100% DOABLE.

Finally you guys are getting your heads back. I made this exact remark around 2012 and several more times during which Jonathanian Igbos attacked me. Igbos can build that bridge easily if they face reality like I've done long ago.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by abagoro(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/1966199/niger-bridge-shaking/3

Abagworo:

Lol! Nnamdi Azikiwe was a ceremonial President but the Prime Minister was Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. I only wrote that as a response to the tribalist who wanted to blame Northerners. Amaechi the other day listed what Northerners did in Rivers State and it cannot be disputed. My take is that y'all should stop creating North/South dichotomy and face the real issue.

I want Igbos to build that bridge without being ridiculed by Jonathan or whoever is in charge. I will personally donate 10million and I expect other Igbos to do alike according to their capability. We can raise the money in one month.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
abagoro:

Finally you guys are getting your heads back. I made this exact remark around 2012 and several more times during which Jonathanian Igbos attacked me. Igbos can build that bridge easily if they face reality like I've done long ago.
You are a trator. I swear with my blood may God save you

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OGOg: 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
abagoro:

Why do u keep commenting on this thread? Please kindly desist since all u do is cause disharmony and insults. I take God beg u .
U think that Anambra can sponsor that project?
How much is the IGR, and the federal allocation to anambra
Do you think it is feasible or u want anambra to go borrowing for a federal govt responsibility?
People just stay at home and type trash.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by abagoro(m): 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
OGOg:

Why do u keep commenting on this thread? Please kindly desist since all u do is cause disharmony and insults. I take God beg u .
Do you think it is feasible or u want anambra to go borrowing for a federal govt responsibility?

Not Anambra government. All of us Igbos in Southeast can build it without Government. I personally have decided thst I will contribute 10million Naira whenever Igbos face reality and decide building that bridge. Buhari might eventually build it but he cannot continue to ridicule us when we can do it ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
Fool get out from here. You will donate 10m when it is a public knowledge that you are jobless and roaming the streets of Ph. Why not work and leave your poor old mother's house and get married because very soon you will be over 40?

abagoro:

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
Fool get out from here. You will donate 10m when it is a public knowledge that you are jobless and roaming the streets of Ph. Why not work hard so you can leave your poor old mother's house and get married because very soon you will be over 40?

abagoro:

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
B.astard I have warned you to avoid this thread for your own good. Very soon I will resume our drill on the imo thread. Leave this thread you monster. Of course you know how we roll. Go to your useless and worthless imo state.

[s]
abagoro:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
Anu ofia, you actually need help because self delusion is the worst thing that can happen to anybody. Imagine a poverty stricken jobless dirty deranged lunatic like you. Don't make me vomit tonight. Abeg go and help your poor old dying mother that you have been living with for the past 39yrs. LOL

[s]
abagoro:

Not Anambra government. All of us Igbos in Southeast can build it without Government. I personally have decided thst I will contribute 10million Naira whenever Igbos face reality and decide building that bridge. Buhari might eventually build it but he cannot continue to ridicule us when we can do it ourselves.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
I have said it severally that abagoro should be caught and be buried alive or better still stone him fiercely to death without mercy.

OGOg:

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by abagoro(m): 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
chino11:
I have said it severally that abagoro should be caught and be buried alive or better still stone him fiercely to death without mercy.

You are still living in dreams. By the time you wake up, the world must have left you behind. I feel happy each time I am vindicated. Everything I wrote during Jonathan regime are still there undone but you are still sleeping. This same bridge you are suggesting I be killed for was ignored by Jonathan and Buhari is about doing same.

Now I should be killed for suggesting we do it ourselves.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by badnature: 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
chino! ibiakwa

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 1:54am On Aug 28, 2015
abagoro:

a substantial amount of work on that bridge is going to go on in asaba delta state so why say se igbos and count out delta state?..have you ever seen where a state does a substantial amt of job on another state without the later state contributing?what if the state(delta state here) refuses to give permision what then happens?..by the way why are you now advocating that Igbo should do it themselves?where you not the one that always insisted that it should be done by FG?why the about turn now?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 5:10am On Aug 28, 2015
abagoro:

but other tribes still use that bridge ..the ogoja the abudu the anam the ogoni the Ibibio the annangs

why have they shut up

buhari has called off work on that bridge

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.