Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227043 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ARIZONA123(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2015
okolochyke:

U are nothing but a bastard

Ur brother arizona123 was beaten 2 days ago

. Tunde salam. U are really a wastrel! You beat me? I curse the punny that concieve you mr Tunde

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ARIZONA123(m): 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
chino11:
General, please ignore the fool. He is a coward that was why he mentioned you on this thread. He knows that people will come to settle the fight but he dare not start this e-war on a neutral ground where nobody will settle the fight.

. Chinonso. You are a fool. You better stay clear from this or have urself to blame. Btw how is ur pregnant wife?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ARIZONA123(m): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
chino11:
General, I think it is time I join the forces once more so that we shall teach animal like omoreminder some lessons. General always a general.

. Chinonso dike. I warn you for the last time. Stay clear from this. We know your house. Do you want the street name?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
Okolo! Okolo!! Okolo!!!

How many times did I call you?

ARIZONA123:
. Chinonso. You are a fool. You better stay clear from this or have urself to blame. Btw how is ur pregnant wife?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ARIZONA123(m): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
chino11:
Because of your nuisance here I will go back to the evil forest and get back my forgotten garment. We shall see!

[s][/s]
. Chinonso dike. I pity ur wife,ur mother inlaw and ur children. Respect urself now! Hmmmmmm!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by attacker231: 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
chino11:
Okolo! Okolo!! Okolo!!!

That boy is frustrated, he will keep spamming your mention without doing anything. His name is all over google cheesy cheesy cheesy, the frustration is making him go crazy. What a pity........

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
You actually made life unbearable for him. cheesy cheesy

attacker231:

That boy is frustrated, he will keep spamming your mention without doing anything. His name is all over google cheesy cheesy cheesy, the frustration is making him go crazy. What a pity........
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ARIZONA123(m): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2015
chino11:
Okolo! Okolo!! Okolo!!!
. Papa Ify maintain! Sum there osiso!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ARIZONA123(m): 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
attacker231:

. What is this dunce saying? Get lost you this shapeless amoeba
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by attacker231: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
chino11:
You actually made life unbearable for him. cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin Frustration and sadness can lead to untimely death, I pity Mr Okolo in his grave cheesy
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
General, abeg stop hitting him below the belt, he is still my brother. Do not kill him for me. Abeg! cool

attacker231:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin Frustration and sadness can lead to untimely death, I pity Mr Okolo in his grave cheesy
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by attacker231: 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2015
ARIZONA123:
. What is this dunce saying? Get lost you this shapeless amoeba

Buhahahaha. You don too suffer, I have to pity your pathetic life cos of what you going through. Ahahahahaha Chyke Okolo, the shameless rapist and armed robber. May your soul rest in hell
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ARIZONA123(m): 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
attacker231:

Buhahahaha. You don too suffer, I have to pity your pathetic life cos of what you going through. Ahahahahaha Chyke Okolo, the shameless rapist and armed robber. May your soul rest in hell
. I really really pity whoever is chyke okolo that all this wasted sperms keep calling day and night
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ARIZONA123(m): 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2015
chino11:
General, abeg stop hitting him below the belt, he is still my brother. Do not kill him for me. Abeg! cool

. Chinonso. You no enter the forest again? I was actually waiting for you since not knowing that you have chicken out as usual. Greet Ify for me mr Dike
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by attacker231: 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
ARIZONA123:
. I really really pity whoever is chyke okolo that all this wasted sperms keep calling day and night

As usual, denying there own name cos of shame cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I pity your father, Mr Okolo of cursed memory.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
Nigeria: Why FG Must Complete Second Niger Bridge, Ndigbo, Others Tell Buhari

AMidst growing fears that the Federal Government has dumped the construction of the Second Niger Bridge project, prominent Igbo leaders and built environment experts have appealed to President Muhammed Buhari, PMB to ensure that the all-important bridge that would complement the aging River Niger Bridge, is completed on schedule as stipulated in the contract agreement.

The bridge which was flagged off on March 10, 2014 by former President Goodluck Jonathan is expected to be completed in 48 months
Measuring about 1,590 metres long the bridge whose construction cost was put at N117,860,700,741.82, VAT inclusive, forms part of the 11.90 kilometer length project.

Although officials of both the Federal Ministry of Works and Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, denied reports that work on the project has been discontinued, Vanguard Homes & Property which went to the Asaba and Onitsha ends of the project site last week, observed that only skeletal works are ongoing as most of the workers have allegedly been retrenched by the contractors.

It was not certain whether the retrenchment was necessitated by the rains which usually affect construction works during rainy seasons or because the Federal Government has not yet released any fund for continuation of the project.

Apparently reading danger signals from the ongoing scenario, Igbo leaders and built environment experts who spoke to Vanguard Homes & Property insisted that since government is a continuity, the incumbent Buhari administration should go ahead to complete the project because of its strategic importance to the economic development of the entire country.

In the beginning

Former President Jonathan had during his presidential campaign rally in Onitsha, Anambra state in January, this year, given the assurance that the project would be completed on schedule and delivered. Jonathan said the project which is being executed through the Public Private Partnership, PPP arrangement, would also be managed by the Sovereign Wealth Fund, SWF.

According to him, "So far, N10 billion has been spent and, out of it, N1.5 billion was used for paying for damages and others. In fact, the link road that is about three kilometres from the main road to the bridge which is almost 80 percent of the road has been fixed," he said.

He noted that about 260 Nigerians and 50 expatriates were working there."But when the work will be in full swing, we expect that it will give work to about 2,000 young men and women and about 60 expatriates.

Commercial activities

So, it is one of the major projects that will engage a number of people. We asked Julius Berger and the federal Ministry of Works about their commitments to the project and they said the project will be completed within the time frame. And I am optimistic they will surely do it," the former president was quoted as saying.

He noted that when completed, the bridge would improve commercial activities in the South-East and South West, adding that government had made a proper arrangement for the financing of the major unity infrastructure, hence government would provide about 25 percent funding for the project.

Views of built environment experts

The Registrar of the Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria, QSRBN, Mr. Godson Moneke described the award of the contract for the construction of a second bridge across the River Niger at Onitsha as a deceit by Igbo elites and the former President to get the votes of the Igbos.

He premised this assertion on the fact that the immediate past government did not have the will to build the bridge. Moneke wondered why the Public Private partnership, PPP model was adopted for the construction of such an important bridge that would impact upon the lives of millions of Nigerians.

According to him, the PPP model is an attempt to short change would-be users of the bridge. Moneke who eulogised the anti-corruption crusade of the Buhari administration, enjoined the President to silence his critics who claim that he is anti-Ndigbo, by jettisoning the PPP model and constructing the bridge which is of immense economic importance to the country.

Ohaneneze, NBA react

The Chairman of Anambra State chapter of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Elder Chris Eluemuno warned against any move to discontinue the construction of the bridge. According to him, there is nothing whatsoever to warrant the abandonment of the project.

"Why should he (Buhari) abandon the project? Is it because it is located in Igbo land or what? What we should even be talking about is to review some areas that is hindering the smooth execution of the project, so as to quicken the pace of work on it," he said.

The Ohaneze chieftain noted that although all the actions and utterances of President Buhari point to the fact that he did not like Ndigbo, he (the President) should know that when completed, Ndigbo would not be the only beneficiaries of the second Niger bridge project.

The Chairman of Anaocha branch of the Nigeria Bar Association, NBA, Mr. Chris Adimora spoke in the same vein. "The Bridge is the connection link between the South East and the rest of the country. If the existing bridge should collapse today as a result of old age and over- use, it will mean total calamity and complete cut off from the old Eastern Nigeria and the rest of the country.

Our appeal is that the Federal Government should fund the bridge 100 percent like it funded Lokoja and other bridges in the country," Adimora canvassed. He enjoined the Federal Government to take a look at the contract documents and remove any concessioner attached to the project.

"The Federal Government should also review the contract documents and remove the PPP arrangement. PPP is even a Greek gift to Ndigbo. The Federal Government should not contemplate termination of the contract. If Federal government completes the project, Ndigbo will now know that Buhari is not partial," the NBA boss said.

In his own reaction, the Chairman of Idemili branch of NBA, Mr Ben Okoko described the Second Niger bridge as a project that is long overdue. He noted that discontinuing with the project, will be a big blow to the South-East and South-South geo-political zones..

According to Okoko, "Buhari, as at now, cannot yet be said to be anti-Igbo, having agreed to complete Zik's Mausoleum project. We expect him to do the jobs as he promised because the names, Okechukwu and Ogbuagu which Ndigbo gave to him is not going to be in vain. Let the project continue at whatever agreement, even if it is PPP.

Free flow of traffic

If any traffic congestion occurs in the existing Niger bridge, motorists will be stranded". "Government should also complete all the adjoining roads connecting the second Niger bridge like the road linking Atani in Ogbaru Local Government Area and Ozubulu in Ekwusigo Local Government Area to ensure a free flow of traffic.

All the roads that will take their routes from the second Niger bridge should be rehabilitated, " he suggested. Okoko called on the Federal Government to also place the rehabilitation of Enugu/Onitsha, Enugu/Umuahia/Aba/ Port Harcourt dual carriage ways and the Okigwe/Arondizuaogu/Akokwa/Uga/Nnewi highway, among others on top priority, to give Ndigbo a real sense of belonging.

More reactions

In the same vein, the Ogirishi of Igboland, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, said it would be a political and economic miscalculations for the Federal government to stop the project, adding that the bridge is the only connecting link between the South East and other parts of the country.

"Politics aside, that bridge will help to boost economic base of this nation because without it, there will be no economic link between the South East, South South, South West and the rest of the North," he said.

The Campaign for Democracy, CD, South East Zone, in its own view, warned that human rights groups would not tolerate a situation where the second Niger bridge project would be abandoned just because of change of government.

2nd-Niger-Bridge

The Chairman of the CD in the zone, Uzor A. Uzor said they will give Buhari up till the end of November, and if no tangible work is executed at the site, all the human rights groups would mobilise themselves and embark on constant protests against the Federal government.

Traders in Anambra state, under the aegis of Anambra Markets Amalgamated Traders Association, AMATAS, in their own voice, urged Buhari to change the contract arrangement from PPP to government financed project.

AMATAS President, Chief Okwudili Ezenwankwo who spoke on their behalf, said government financed construction of bridges across the country without mounting toll gates and wondered why the second Niger bridge project should be handled under PPP arrangement which also entails mounting a toll gate to start collecting money from motorists as soon as the bridge becomes operational. He asked rhetorically: "is it because the project is located in Igbo land or what?

We have not abandoned the 2nd Niger Bridge

A source in the Federal Ministry of Works told Vanguard Homes & Property in Abuja that work is seriously going on at the site of the bridge. "Anybody saying that work had stopped on the 2nd Niger Bridge is a mischief maker. You can go to the place yourself and confirm, anything you see there you publish.

The Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano visited the site a few weeks ago with our officials and then somebody is saying that work has been abandoned. It is absolutely not correct," the source said.

Amplifying the position of the Ministry, Julius Berger said that it was a mere speculations that work had stopped on the project. The company said it was optimistic that the project would be completed on schedule at the pace of work going on presently.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by freshdude99(m): 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2015
FreeGlobe:

lol.. what a useless being. I said one of the biggest states in Nigeria not the biggest state you illiterate. Peter obi is which chairman of SEC? Peter obi is nothing but a deceitful trader who managed to find himself in politics as a governor.. El rufai has served in BPE, FCT minister and a current governor.

Here is the profile of El rufai, now compare it with peter obi since you dont have shame.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasir_Ahmad_el-Rufai
U are suffering from perpetual brain diarrhea I guess
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 3:40am On Aug 26, 2015
Onitsha

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 3:41am On Aug 26, 2015
Random shots of Nnewi and Oba

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 3:46am On Aug 26, 2015
Near Ozubulu

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 4:11am On Aug 26, 2015
Nnewi Downtown and ShopRite Mall under construction

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 5:00am On Aug 26, 2015
Awka

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by curllygee: 8:50am On Aug 26, 2015
anambra ama ka o
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2015
APGA National Headquarters under construction

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Stolen: 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2015
A Chinese state-owned engineering company has signed a deal worth $4.3bn (£2.8bn) to build factories for a Nigerian cement company run by Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote.
China's Sinoma will build seven plants across the continent and one in Nepal.
The new factories will add around 25 million tonnes to the firm's existing cement capacity of 45 million tonnes.
Mr Dangote's company also produces food, fertiliser and is investing in oil refineries.
He is keeping a close eye on China's economic problems and the ensuing lower oil price.
"Of course we are affected," he said, "but we are not badly affected because we are not 100% in oil.
"We are a fully diversified company. So today if oil is doing [badly] it doesn't mean we are doing [badly] and that's the good thing about diversification."
Africa's economies have been hit hard by the fall in commodity prices but many are seeing a boom in infrastructure, for which cement is vital.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34067963

Ibeto is in trouble because Dangote is very busy building capacity to occupy and dominate the African Cement market.

Ibeto need to start thinking of expansion of his Cement factory in Ebonyi to stand a chance.

Dangote will drop the price of cement to drive him out of market. There will be no honeymoon period for Ibeto.

No period of controlling price.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2015
Stolen:

Ibeto is in trouble because Dangote is very busy building capacity to occupy and dominate the African Cement market.

Ibeto need to start thinking of expansion of his Cement factory in Ebonyi to stand a chance.

Dangote will drop the price of cement to drive him out of market. There will be no honeymoon period for Ibeto.

No period of controlling price.
ibeto is not the only cement manufacturer in Nigeria apart from dangote..by the way ibeto has to make nigercem operate again before expansion...though cheaper cement is good for builders
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Stolen: 6:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
asha80:
ibeto is not the only cement manufacturer in Nigeria apart from dangote..by the way ibeto has to make nigercem operate again before expansion...though cheaper cement is good for builders

Asha we are talking about the largest cement producer in Africa and a potential threat from Ibeto to his market dominance.

Everybody knows that igbos build like mad. Even a poor civil servant has a building project.

If not shop then decent homes. Ibeto has the ability to drive Dangote from his biggest market in the East and South South.

Rival him in Lagos and Abuja, Jos included and dat is why Dangote is building capacity via expansion in preparation to drop price.

He will increase supply above demand and drop the price of cement. This is similar to wat happened to America shale oil and opec.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2015
Stolen:

Asha we are talking about the largest cement producer in Africa and a potential threat from Ibeto to his market dominance.

Everybody knows that igbos build like mad. Even a poor civil servant has a building project.

If not shop then decent homes. Ibeto has the ability to drive Dangote from his biggest market in the East and South South.

Rival him in Lagos and Abuja. Jos included and dat is why Dangote is building capacity via expansion in preparation to drop price.

He will increase supply above demand and drop the price of cement. This is similar to wat happened to America shale oil and opec.

I know but dangote had a 'head start' over ibeto due to obasanjo's shenanigans and martin elechi's short sight..ibeto just have to compete..thats all
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Stolen: 6:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
asha80:
I know but dangote had a 'head start' over ibeto due to obasanjo's shenanigans and martin elechi's short sight..ibeto just have to compete..thats all

He needs to finish that project fast and start expansion straight away in Ebonyi where the limestone is located for efficiency. He should focus on building capacity in Ebonyi to match Dangote.

His objective is to take over the SS/SE market. Lagos, Abuja and Jos will follow behind.

If he can produce as much cement as Dangote with lower cost then he will be fine.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2015
Stolen:

He needs to finish that project fast and start expansion straight away in Ebonyi where the limestone is located for efficiency. He should focus on building capacity in Ebonyi to match Dangote.

His objective is to take over the SS/SE market. Lagos, Abuja and Jos will follow behind.

If he can produce as much cement as Dangote with lower cost then he will be fine.
ibeto is lucky that umahi which he backed is now governor and umahi reciprocated by removing all obstacles and objections to ibeto getting hold of that nigercem otherwise this thing we are discussing now will not be what we will be discussing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OGOg: 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
Like work on the second Niger bridge may be suspended according to ait news.
The bridge was estimated to cost about 130 billion, the fg under gej paid 10billion to Julius Berger as part of the agreement of pppp.
Oshiomole last week claimed that the fg had already paid 140 billion just for consultancy and one aminu dikku , was claiming that communities around the site were agitating on account of lack of settlement .hence work may be suspended... chai wahala
Anybody with better information should kindly update us.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 4dankey: 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
OGOg:
Like work on the second Niger bridge may be suspended according to ait news.
The bridge was estimated to cost about 130 billion, the fg under gej paid 10billion to Julius Berger as part of the agreement of pppp.
Oshiomole last week claimed that the fg had already paid 140 billion just for consultancy and one aminu dikku , was claiming that communities around the site were agitating on account of lack of settlement .hence work may be suspended... chai wahala
Anybody with better information should kindly update us.

How true is this news?

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.