Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1228362 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
tabletman1:
hotel and residential hood don't mix up.
na bad concoction be that.
It does, as a matter of fact it helps in spicing up night live. We have hotels in some residential hood in lagos and it works.
Imagine after going to a show at that stadium and didn't see any hotel to lodge. The only good hotel in fegge is Top Rank hotel opposite that stadium.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by emmysoftyou: 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2014
there is sth i really want the anambra govt to embark upon,
that s shoprite,gallery and spar aka park n shop..
all dis project re needed in onitsha outskirts .
i think
we really nid it in awka or onitsha because of its drastic development nd population growth rate..
though onitsha is not that big,but they can extend their lands to obosi since onitsha is closer to the place..
Pls we need d govt to embark on the masterplan of onitsha with immediate effect...
i wanna see the new side of onitsha becos
anambra is the home of nigeria as all.cheesy
so i see it gaining more drastic population very soon.

i remain faithful to the entire igboland cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 8:47am On Nov 18, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

It does, as a matter of fact it helps in spicing up night live. We have hotels in some residential hood in lagos and it works.
Imagine after going to a show at that stadium and didn't see any hotel to lodge. The only good hotel in fegge is Top Rank hotel opposite that stadium.
The thing dey bring too much fornication undecided
It spoils kids, it breeds prostitutes.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 8:51am On Nov 18, 2014
emmysoftyou:
there is sth i really want the anambra govt to embark upon,
that s shoprite,gallery and spar aka park n shop..
all dis project re needed in onitsha outskirts .
i think
we really nid it in awka or onitsha because of its drastic development nd population growth rate..
though onitsha is not that big,but they can extend their lands to obosi since onitsha is closer to the place..
Pls we need d govt to embark on the masterplan of onitsha with immediate effect...
i wanna see the new side of onitsha becos
anambra is the home of nigeria as all.cheesy
so i see it gaining more drastic population very soon.

i remain faithful to the entire igboland cool
Onitsha is not actually big but it has expand to different towns around it, many places people refer as onitsha is not onitsha.
Onitsha stop at gra,awka road,head bridge and upper iweka not up to the fly over. All the stretches after the above mentions belong to different communities and town.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by emmysoftyou: 9:21am On Nov 18, 2014
tabletman1:
Onitsha is not actually big but it has expand to different towns around it, many places people refer as onitsha is not onitsha.
Onitsha stop at gra,awka road,head bridge and upper iweka not up to the fly over. All the stretches after the above mentions belong to different communities and town.
bro you re totally right..
I remember the days i used to storm onitsha main market with my uncle,then we live at a place after limca road,i was baffle when i heard that the place belong to obosi indigene,that those who sell at onitsha main market re tenant and landlord there...
So yu see we can extend onitsha to all those places and the govt/individual can build a shoprite and park n shop at the outskirts of onitsha becos of foreingn investors to troop in...
Onitsha is great city that need a good govt to draw the masterplan that will suit the city...
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:36am On Nov 18, 2014
Stop talking as if you don't know what you are doing. Onitsha is amongst the few most planned cities in Nigeria. Below is some of the areas of the city. I will download more areas..

Onitsha Shopping mall is ongoing too so is also the ones in Awka and Nnewi..

emmysoftyou:
bro you re totally right..
I remember the days i used to storm onitsha main market with my uncle,then we live at a place after limca road,i was baffle when i heard that the place belong to obosi indigene,that those who sell at onitsha main market re tenant and landlord there...
So yu see we can extend onitsha to all those places and the govt/individual can build a shoprite and park n shop at the outskirts of onitsha becos of foreingn investors to troop in...
Onitsha is great city that need a good govt to draw the masterplan that will suit the city...

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by achi4u(m): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2014
OkijaAmaka:
Yes you reason well, they should take concerts to outside Anambra, to places like Ebonyi, Ughelli, Warri, Benin, Agbor, Afikpo, Aba.

They have already captured Anambra Mkt, they should give their royal customers in other places the chance to feel the vibe like Startrek is doing.

They should move futher than Anambra, they need good marketing team.

Good observation

That's hw I see it.
Stay cool.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:50am On Nov 18, 2014
Odenigbo always viewing without contributing.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 1:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
Pleaae what is the current s state of the Amansea Amawbia end of the express in Awka undergoing reconstruction? Its been long i left Awka.
Is the flyover at Amawbia ready?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
Odenigbo always viewing without contributing.

There is no interesting news .
Are you Asadike ??
I am suspecting you oooo. I hope not.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

There is no interesting news .
Are you Asadike ??
I am suspecting you oooo. I hope not.
No I'm not Asadike grin
You can help make the thread interesting.
Anambra adigo mma.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
Patoranking performing at the Hero Fiesta in the great city of Onitsha.. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
Female performers at the fiesta. Can't place them.. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
Can't place this nigger too.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
Don't know this niggers either.. cheesy

**Pictures of Timaya and Davido performing at the fiesta to follow shortly..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
always viewing without contributing.
Some contributions are Nonsense. At the end of that kinda contribution, it will be about praise&worship or fantasy write up or daft and brainless defensegrin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

No I'm not Asadike grin
You can help make the thread interesting.
Anambra adigo mma.

I am one of the original contributors that made Anambra famous on Nairaland with my ideas. I dont think you were here when we had god fathers like Onlytruth Nwa Anaedo,Obiagu,Redsquare,Manny4life and the rest...we reigned supreme. Go to my post history and feed your mind. I doubt if you remember when I was still Nri priest...Mgbe enu bu ana osa...Nwada,we have laid the foundation thats why I laugh at fools who throw weak punches at Odenigbo. Nobi today,my dear.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 19, 2014
Very happy to find this thread; been looking for an Anambra thread. Now I can channel my energy and contribution here. Thanks to the OP: FKO81... You are a true son of Anambra! Please continue to nurse and protect this thread. Filter and block unnecessary distractions from the enemies. 38 pages of pictures, discussions and updates on state projects, investments and blueprint in barely a month and two weeks is unbelievable. This reaffirms the thirst of many Anambrans who know that a blessed people with the richest individuals in Nigeria and control a great deal of the country's wealth should have a very functional state and government. Obi laid the foundation like Moses and Obiano like Joshua has come to take us to the promise land; where we truly belong...THE LIGHT OF THE NATION!

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 19, 2014
You failed it,lets respect people's opinions no matter how we divided we are along ideological lines, every contribution has its negeative and positive sides, to me Odenigbo could be regarded as a realist if you ask me, he praise Anambra but he doesnt lie though he doesnt like talking the negative side of Anambra but he will rather chose to remain calm...i have studied him wella.

He is objective, i have known him for long even when i was still viewing a guest i used to love his opinions, we know those that sleep, eat and wake up lying, we know the traitors and Lai Muhammed among us.

In my own, my love for Anambra can never make me lie, i swear i can never lie bc am from Anambra, Anambra is temproray but Igboland is permanent.

We use to Eastern Region, later East Central State, later Old Anambra State and now Anambra State, tomorrow power might change hands and i will become another thing, but since i was born i have remain and Igboman and till the day i die i will die an Igboman so Igboland is permanent States are artificial creations.

We know the only sabo and Lienus we have in our midst.

tabletman1:
Some contributions are Nonsense. At the end of that kinda contribution, it will be about praise&worship or fantasy write up or daft and brainless defensegrin

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by swindo1(m): 11:33am On Nov 19, 2014
Anambra na we dia der na we get am
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
Onitsha rocks as Davido mounts the stage.. cheesy

Davido aka OBO baddest gave us an entertaining performance at the Hero Fiesta 2. The energy, action and swag combined in one perfomance was thrilling. He got the people of Onitsha screaming and asking for more while performing his Carolina, Dami Duro, Gobe and latest Aye track. We couldn't get enough of Davido. Awesome moments like this happen only with Hero Lager !!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
The guy is good at what he does.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kingsley1000(m): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
Onitsha is very small to compare with other SE cities(tho.i think owerri is largest) in terms of land mass buh with the merging of other towns like(nkpor,obosi,awada,iyiowa,odekpe okpoko,nkwere and ogidi)is larger,densely populated,is a cosmopolitan cities,having the tallest,closely packed residential flats and malls(plaza) which are build by business tycoons who wishes to widden their financial horizon by renting out the houses..
Mind you,onitsha isn't planned buh organised not by govt,infact there is meagre govt presence in the town....
Alas,the city has been living behind its worth and potential because of our incompetent leaders..
Not until she has good/wider roads,hospitality.planned housing,water,constant power,sporting facilities,robust sanitation and what have you,she'll still remain stagnant and even worsen

Udo dili umu anambra
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
Kingsley1000:
Onitsha is very small to compare with other SE cities(tho.i think owerri is largest) in terms of land mass buh with the merging of other towns like(nkpor,obosi,awada,iyiowa,odekpe okpoko,nkwere and ogidi)is larger,densely populated,is a cosmopolitan cities,having the tallest,closely packed residential flats and malls(plaza) which are build by business tycoons who wishes to widden their financial horizon by renting out the houses..
Mind you,onitsha isn't planned buh organised not by govt,infact there is meagre govt presence in the town....
Alas,the city has been living behind its worth and potential because of our incompetent leaders..
Not until she has good/wider roads,hospitality.planned housing,water,constant power,sporting facilities,robust sanitation and what have you,she'll still remain stagnant and even worsen

Udo dili umu anambra

Onicha is getting a facelift and there is government presence,right now. You sound like you are about to cry...And Owerri isn't the largest. Onicha and her greater towns is twice bigger than Owerri.
You don't have to wish us peace because we already have peace. Omanbala is leading all Nigerian states in development....cry me a river,nnigga!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
Spyder,I see you...lol
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
Onitsha and Anambra as a whole adigo mma.. cheesy

OdenigboAroli:

Onicha is getting a facelift and there is government presence,right now. You sound like you are about to cry...And Owerri isn't the largest. Onicha and her greater towns is twice bigger than Owerri.
You don't have to wish us peace because we already have peace. Omanbala is leading all Nigerian states in development....cry me a river,nnigga!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2014
n keeping with his promise to revive moribund
establishments and transform workers’
fortunes in Anambra State, the state
governor, Chief Willie Obiano, has graciously
lifted the burden off the shoulders of the
staff of the State Water Corporation and 108
former Anambra Sanitation and Environment
Protection Agency (ANSEPA) members of
staff by clearing outstanding arrears of
salaries and allowances owed the two gov­
ernment parastatals by previous
administrations to the tune of N1,
863,197,452.76 (approximately N1.92 billion).
Of this grand total, N1, 502,997,239.76 was
paid to the staff of the state Water
Corporation, who were owed arrears of salaries
and allowances from 2000, when Dr. Chinwoke
Mbadinuju was governor, to the immediate past
administration.
On the other hand, N360, 140,213 being the
balance of N711, 229,000 outstanding salaries
and allowances of about 100 staff of former
ANSEPA, now called Anambra State Waste
Management Authority (ASWAMA), was settled
by Governor Obiano, being the amount due
while the matter was in court.
The former ANSEPA staff were sacked by the
past administration but are presently seeking
reinstatement for unlawful dismissal.
Judgment is yet to be given on the matter.
This pay-off is part of the grand plan of the
Obiano administration to heal old wounds and
seal every possible crack that could stand in
the way of his efforts to move Anambra State
forward.
While giving a directive for the liquidation of
the arrears of salaries and allowances,
Governor Obiano also set up a committee to
ensure that the payment was made to real
staff and not ghost workers.
It was gathered that the arrears of salaries
and allowances from May 2000 to September
2005 stood at not less than N411, 006,221.11
between the intervening periods of governors
Chinwoke Mbadinuju and Chris Ngige while the
arrears of salaries and allowances hovered
around 435, 471, 803.87 from 2006 to 2008
when MEDAL Consultants were engaged to X-
ray the situation after, which the wage bill
skyrocketed to billions of naira.
Though the last administration had in 2007,
released about N200 million as part payment
for the outstanding debts it inherited and
incurred, the Amalgamated Union of Public
Corporations, Civil Service, Technical and Rec­
reational Service Employees (AUPCCSTRSE)
through a suit No. NICN/ABJ/120/2013
instituted on behalf of its affiliated workers,
dragged the immediate past administration to
the Industrial Arbitration Court over the huge
indebtedness running into billions.
The union won the case and the past state
government filed an appeal but lost it, compel­
ling the court to issue a Garnishee Order and
the judgment was documented in the Federal
Republic of Nigeria Official Gazette.
Following the victory of the union, the law
abiding incumbent governor of the state, Chief
Obiano did not waste time to liquidate the
arrears of N1, 502,997,239.76 for Water
Corporation staff and N360, 140,213 for
ANSEPA staff, bringing the total fund re­
leased to N1, 863,197,452.76 (approximately
N1.92 billion.)
Anambra State Water Corporation came into
being by virtue of Edict 3 of 1999 while the
Federal Government of Nigeria Official
Gazette No. 55 of November 24, 1977 Volume
64 declared it as a public service.follow on twitter @anambrastate_ng

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kasyn(m): 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
OkijaAmaka:
You failed it,lets respect people's opinions no matter how we divided we are along ideological lines, every contribution has its negeative and positive sides, to me Odenigbo could be regarded as a realist if you ask me, he praise Anambra but he doesnt lie though he doesnt like talking the negative side of Anambra but he will rather chose to remain calm...i have studied him wella.

He is objective, i have known him for long even when i was still viewing a guest i used to love his opinions, we know those that sleep, eat and wake up lying, we know the traitors and Lai Muhammed among us.

In my own, my love for Anambra can never make me lie, i swear i can never lie bc am from Anambra, Anambra is temproray but Igboland is permanent.

We use to Eastern Region, later East Central State, later Old Anambra State and now Anambra State, tomorrow power might change hands and i will become another thing, but since i was born i have remain and Igboman and till the day i die i will die an Igboman so Igboland is permanent States are artificial creations.

We know the only sabo and Lienus we have in our midst.

this is the best comment i have ever seen on nairaland.....#i'm sorry for all my past posts!
IGBOLAND LIVES....

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
PUBLIC NOTICE: For our Nairalanders in the US, please do not miss out on this great movie DEBUT.. cheesy

All roads to Atlanta, GA in the US for the premier of CHETANNA, an Igbo award winning blockbuster come Nov 21!! A great movie!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by spyder880(m): 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
Spyder,I see you...lol

Bros I have to look in and appreciate our progress here, Anambra State is great, Alaigbo is great!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 19, 2014
One love brother, lets see ourselves as Igbos first before anything, we might fight and war ourselves but brothers and sisters do fight too.

Aguleri and Umuleri fought.
Ife and Modakeke fought.
Tive and Jukun fought

the list is endless.

Lets be united biko, what bind us is greater than what divide us, in the face of any outside bully dont chicken out, back up will be reenforced to help.

Buddah Monk, Onowu Ndigbo in Nairaland(Traditional Prime Minister)

Kasyn:
this is the best comment i have ever seen on nairaland.....#i'm sorry for all my past posts!
IGBOLAND LIVES....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 8:44am On Nov 20, 2014
Kingsley1000:

Udo dili umu anambra
Who told you Onitsha is not planned?
Have you ever seen a close street or avenue at onitsha?
The road is just single lane that's all.

My only grouse is the constant neglect of the roads especially some important roads which even leads to main market. They are all in bad shape.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.