Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! (45780 Views)

Netflix Is A Waste Of Money? / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? / 8 Things To Check Out When Buying An Original Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
Sagem My X1

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by jamesbridget13(f): 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
i love my
tecno lolzzz

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Mobsync(m): 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
It depends on the tab one buys. There are tabs running on a stripped down version of windows (windows rt) and there're some running on full windows just like a laptop (e.g asus vivotab 8, hp 8 inches tab, toshiba encore 8 and 10 etc). Some are even running on Windows Pro (eg: dell venue 8 pro)

nairalife2013: U are so on point girl. I got an ipad4 for my wife at 135k, itz now used by my maid to teach my kids nursery rhymes! d pad is just large, not flexible, u can't swab sims easily, u can't transfer data wid ease, u can't make regular fon call wid it, no space for sd card, she can't go wid it if she is not driving; I can't list all cos am doing so wid grit teeth!! Well, my kids(1yr+and2yr+) are now wizards at operating d clumsy device, cos itz no longer a novelty to their mom so she let's dem fiddle wid it at wil while clutching dearly to her new, more flexible lumia 630. Gosh!

Apple products are not flexible. You could have gone for an android tab or even windows tab. All windows tab except those running on windows rt, operate just like laptops.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
My Opinion : it isnt luxury in anyway , if actually one can pay for its services and if needed. it provides you with a larger screen , mails are downloaded in a better and convenient way . you can easily edit attachements and send .... so many uses compared to a phone if it is really required. I guess some peeps just " wanna be " thats why they get it and this is when it seems useless to them when they find out it doesnt fit into their daily needs. same way am never ok with an individual changing his phone just because a new model/ brand is out .... its the "wanna be syndrome with Nigerians" they then give it a fake name " upgrading"n

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by nwaobitex: 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ehhh
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Ekiseme(m): 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:
True. My Ipad is as useless as the penis of a catholic priest.

It's 2 years old. I haven't powered it up to 10 times. My laptop serves my table needs, while my phone serves my mobile needs.

You are m.ad

I think you need to check the meaning of "upwardly mobile professional"
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ibrews: 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
Samiceman: http://www.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_phrase_The_feeling_is_mutual_mean
lmao...Nice one,dat is d best reply to give him....the dude no sabi english ni
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by badolee10(m): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
Guys, Pls Can Android Tab Bbm And Whatsapp? Just Asking Coz Am Planning To Buy One
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=QMark]
True. My Ipad is as useless as the penis of a catholic priest.

Lol....A priest joystick is even more useful. At least it passes out waste liquid. If you have a laptop and a very good android, IOS, or windows smart phone. a tab is useless. I dnt think it can aid in my engineering designs and drawings.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
I think tablets were made just for reading ebooks before mobile fone manufacturers started adding the mobile functionality....
And.....if u're tired of using the ipad, gimmie, I need a new candle stand.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty:
How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?
It is just few Nigerians that actually buy these phones because of their functionality , I swear to Jah 85% of people that uses High Tech Phone only do that for Hype, Gaming, watching movies and social Networking which is merely 20% of what these Phones are capable of !!

I won't buy what I don't need But bro, where you need to hype your pedigree before clients to earn you business please buy smart sophisticated phones to give you some reps ..... NaNaija we dey o !!
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by TrebleChamp(m): 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: People would always justify impulse expenses and poor finance choices..but that's the truth!the tab comes with a keyboard..in all honesty,can u compare the crappy keyboard cases to that of a laptop?
Pls can you give you user opinion on the ba3 performance so far? I blive its comes with a 10,000mah ba3 capacity.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by sixtusjr(m): 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: U actually picked the wrong person..if u had a little sense in that empty skull of yours...u would realize its my opinion.I didn't force u to open it and neither did I say u shouldnt buy a tablet..But again,what do I expect from low thinking,semi illiterate and unemployed sorry excuse for a human being?its a pity u cant read and comprehend simple English..please when u find an adult education school,forward your expenses to me.because u are really pathetic!
na wooah!!! See bomb!

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by naughtylagosguy(m): 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yuppie (short for "young urban professional" or "young upwardly-mobile professional"wink is a term that refers to a member of the upper middle class or upper class in their 20s or 30s.

Author and political commentator Victor Davis Hanson has written:

"Yuppism is not definable entirely by income or class. Rather, it is a late-20th century cultural phenomenon of self-absorbed young professionals, earning good pay, enjoying the cultural attractions of sophisticated urban life and thought, and generally out of touch with, indeed antithetical to, most of the challenges and concerns of a far less well-off and more parochial Middle America. For the yuppie male a well-paying job in law, finance, academia or consulting in a cultural hub, hip fashion, cool appearance, studied poise, elite education, proper recreation and fitness and general proximity to liberal-thinking elites, especially of the more rarefied sort in the arts, are the mark of a real man."

The usage in my post refers to young people with sound education, working and earning good pay, living the modern life, who needs to be able to check and reply emails, prepare spreadsheets and reports, make presentations, etc, without the need to always carry their laptop around. This explains why you always see young finance, investment, and banking executives with tabs. It makes their job easy because they can prepare reports while being driven to work.

Jarus is a good example of upwardly mobile professional and I'm sure he owns a tab.

I hope you get my point now?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuppie

QMark:

UMP means professionals moving or aspiring to move to a higher social class or to a position of increased status or power. For example, a young professional seeking or working hard to improve his social or economic standing.

It was used in your statement as though it means professionals that are mobile.

I stand to be corrected though, as I love to learn too. After all, I no be English lecturer for U.I. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Mcslize: 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
The importance of a Tablet is beyond emphasis. The usefulness is endless.

Place an order today to get deliver to you anywhere you resied in Nigeria.

The price is affordable. Place an order today. 30k but you can get it for 25k the least price if you order from me.
Thanks

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
MacBookAir 13.3 <-- iPad Mini <-- iPhone 5s

It depends on the firepower I need at the moment.

OP writes like a kid. Adults don't buy things to impress, they buy things that are useful to them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by SeverusSnape(m): 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
navistar: Hold on! When will Nigerian stop scrutinising their fellow country man on the choices he or she makes with his/her money? You can purchase a tablet to nt just to compensate for the shortcomings of a smart phone and a pc but for a variety of other reasons
1. Bigger screen estate which facilitate easier reading and better gaming experience amongst others *the bigger,the better*

2. It's fashionable! Yes!! It's a fashion accessory *sue me* the bigger the better.

3. It has features that smart phones and PC lack.. *google amazon tablet*

4. In the absence of a PC it helps to fill the gap

5. It's used by a certain niche of people *except the China ones*

6. Personal desire to own a bigger phone!! A phablet and tablet fulfils this.

7. It makes misguided people create hate topics on nairaland outta spite with nuances of ignorance.

On a closing note, if you so despise tablets! As ur less than intelligent topic and accompanying post claim. You can chose not to buy, ranting on a public forum just shows how unexposed, envious and impoverished you are.
Oga sir, I like your post but you ruined it by insulting the OP. Why na?

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Sheikwonder(m): 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall:

In another word: team broke azz nigga for life.

How is that another word? Don't you mean "in other words" MrKnowitall?
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by LordReed(m): 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How can you buy a tablet to replace your phone? That was a silly move IMHO. Tablets and phones are built for different things so to actually buy a tablet to replace a phone and complain about it is silly X 2.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by KLand(m): 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
I was enjoying my laptop and a smart phone.. Both meeting my needs. But I thought I was missing out on tablet, so I got one . But now I feel like I don't even need it much afterall..... Greatly under utilised.....

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Awwal1st(m): 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
ITbomb:
What do they use custom ROM for?
Ask Google for it... You will see the meaning and what its use for....
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by codedmax(m): 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
A long distance btw "want and desire" nd i think its apply to dis situation, There z a sayin diff stroke for diff folks, a tablet or ipad wuld serve a great deal to those dat use it effectively, be it biz wise, for ent (video, gaminig, music) or what av u.

I dnt agree wit d op opinion becoz u cnt compare d display, font size, crispy features, battery life of a tab to a mobile phone or portability as compared to a laptop, ntin much swift as a tablet on d go on biz trips or launch time flex.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by tbaby534(f): 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
Not true, I've been using my tab for almost a year, no battery issue, no acting up and it's very new.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by sexzskil(f): 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
I am sorry for this off topic post but lets
get our fact straight, NIGERIAN
GOVERNMENT ISN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THE
CONTAINMENT OF EBOLA VIRUS. AN
AMERICAN DID AND SO ALL GLORY SHOULD
BE ASCRIBED TO HIM. I'LL POST THIS ON
EVERY THREAD IN NAIRALAND TILL THE
TRUTH IS ASSIMILATED.
“Dr. David Brett-Mayor of the World
Health Organization saw and
conquered Ebola. He single handedly
started the Ebola isolation ward
having cleared and cleaned the room.
He admitted and cared for the patients
before any Nigerian doctor joined him''.
The above was a recent quote from
Fashola. An American From WHO first
showed the zeal of helping Nigeria
conquered ebola before the useless
Nigerian doctors gave in! Why give
Nigerian government the glory that
rightly belong to the gloriou United States
?
WITHOUT AMERICA, THE WORLD IS
DOOMED TO ABSOLUTE EXTINCTION!
MAY AMERICA RULE OVER THE UNIVERSE
AND GOD FOR ALL ETERNITY(AMEN)!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/1929463/
jonathan-pdp-cant-claim-credit

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by nairalife2013(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Mobsync: It depends on the tab one buys. There are tabs running on a stripped down version of windows (windows rt) and there're some running on full windows just like a laptop (e.g asus vivotab 8, hp 8 inches tab, toshiba encore 8 and 10 etc). Some are even running on Windows Pro (eg: dell venue 8 pro)

Apple products are not flexible. You could have gone for an android tab or even windows tab. All windows tab except those running on windows rt, operate just like laptops.
k. Thx
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Walphem(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
I had to call my wife on phone to view this thread, this is the exact situation happening between myself and wify; she wants a tab after having S4 and N8, my take is if she can tell me 10 things she want to use the tablet for apart from her smartphone then I will get it for her. Me gan no dey use tab.Laptop and Smartphone ok for me
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
2cato: Team china phone for life.

For life??
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by francis247(m): 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
OP, you made a mistake trading one for the other. A smartphone is a smartphone a laptop is a laptop and tablet is a tablet, you cannot really trade one for the other. I have all three and they serve me very well.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ugwum007(m): 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
useless post
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by sevule(m): 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
I completely agree with the poster and I am actually surprised that other people hold this opinion. Basically tablets are niche devices that somehow became mainstream. I have a 5.5 inch phablet and a regular laptop hence a tablet would be completely useless to me.

Please NOTE that I didn't say that tablets are useless but I said that they are useless to me. There are definitely a whole lot of people that make great use of their tablets but I am definitely not in that category

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ITbomb(m): 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
Awwal1st:
Ask Google for it... You will see the meaning and what its use for....
I didn't see anything about it that can enhance my productivity so I thought you might tell me since it was only you that mentioned it as an advantage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Use Glo Bis On Android Without Changing Imei / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / 6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.