Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist (13816 Views)

Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist / 2015: No Basis For Objection Over Buhari's Credentials- INEC / 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Abbey2sam(m): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2014
Islam and trouble

6 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by seankay(m): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2014
Who cares if they vote or not? Very backward set of people!

6 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:58am On Oct 03, 2014
Story for the gods, Voting is not a compulsory act, it is the power of the electorate, if you chose not to exercise it, good for you, beside the view of this people does not represent the view of most Muslims in Yorubaland. In yorubaland, it is culture first before religion, so they can shout the way the want and it won't still change anything.

From the constitution point of view,remember, any law that's inconsistent with the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is Null and Void.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Oklander: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2014
voltron:

and when they decide to practice this religion violently? what do you do then, ask Allah for help

So those practicing peacefully should be denied?
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by soonest(f): 8:07am On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH: Muslims should start calling for the full implementation of Shari'ah. Democracy will never favour us, the moment we start seeing that the better for us.
Implementation of shariah? For who? For you people or for all?
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by iffedayur(m): 8:08am On Oct 03, 2014
Have you forgotten that Nigeria is quasi religious society, you're about bringing in a matter that could cause rage from peace loving Nigerians, particularly from the south west.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by dridowu: 8:11am On Oct 03, 2014
Abbey2sam: Islam People and trouble
Fixed and the Islam i grew up to know is Peace and it does not encourage violence, so any mistake/offence we made should be blame on us not on our religion

4 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by SporaD8: 8:13am On Oct 03, 2014
Olodo people, reasoning backward, reading backward, facing backward.
How else can one preserve a nonfunctional brain than to cover it up? Too much heat does a lot of harm to ones reasoning faculty

9 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by AbdH: 8:14am On Oct 03, 2014
dridowu: Fixed and the Islam i grew up to know is Peace and it does not encourage violence, so any mistake/offence we made should be blame on us not on our religion

You really have the time to correct these people who have been totally brainwashed. I like your spirit.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Blackfire(m): 8:18am On Oct 03, 2014
[quote
author=dridowu] Fixed and the Islam i grew up to know is Peace and it
does not encourage violence, so any mistake/offence we made should be
blame on us not on our religion[/quote]
islam is a religion that is very angry,with a fake peaceful smile,a little push,see sorrow tears and blood

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Enahi(f): 8:20am On Oct 03, 2014
My suggestion to the Muslims asking for hijab in Schools,you guys should go set up your own Schools and make it a hijab wearing School. And guess what your vote might not even make a difference in Lagos State,it might make a difference in Osun State( Arebge's State)

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by AbdH: 8:21am On Oct 03, 2014
SporaD8: Olodo people, reasoning backward, reading backward, facing backward.
How else can one preserve a nonfunctional brain than to cover it up? Too much heat does a lot of harm to ones reasoning faculty

Olodo upon 100, he thinks Arabic is the only language that reads from the right. He doesn't know that the wigs their women wear on their heads cause more heat than the hijab. Hypocrites, they go to the church half naked to impress their god.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by dridowu: 8:27am On Oct 03, 2014
Blackfire:
islam is a religion that is very angry,with a fake peaceful smile,a little push,see sorrow tears and blood
This describe individual attitude not Islam.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tosin2013: 8:36am On Oct 03, 2014
Handsomeemmy: Story for the gods, Voting is not a compulsory act, it is the power of the electorate, if you chose not to exercise it, good for you, beside the view of this people does not represent the view of most Muslims in Yorubaland. In yorubaland, it is culture first before religion, so they can shout the way the want and it won't still change anything.

From the constitution point of view,remember, any law that's inconsistent with the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is Null and Void.

bros, you fail! no candidate who does not expressly declare his support for the hijab will be voted for!!! and this is no empty threat, there are already lots of underground work going on. if state govt in ekiti can allow hijab easily there is no reason for the stupid from lagos fashola you just wait and see!
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Rich4god(m): 8:46am On Oct 03, 2014
dridowu: Fixed and the Islam i grew up to know is Peace and it does not encourage violence, so any mistake/offence we made should be blame on us not on our religion
Joke of the century... Are you related to ogus-baba or basket mouth... Probably the islam you knw is quite diff frm the one majority of your folks practice...

4 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by SporaD8: 8:47am On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

Olodo upon 100, he thinks Arabic is the only language that reads from the right. He doesn't know that the wigs their women wear on their heads cause more heat than the hijab. Hypocrites, they go to the church half naked to impress their god.
we are talking about SCHOOL girls in uniforms, you are talking about ladies in CHURCHES!
See how you failed common sense; or better still how common sense fails you!

10 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 03, 2014
Oklander:
So those practicing peacefully should be denied?

those practicing peacefully I often hear from peaceful Muslims form 99.9% of Muslim majority, why are they letting the 0.1% determine the character of Islam in a Negative way, if they can sit back and allow such an insignificant minority color Islam in a negative way, they should be denied their rights to practice any form of religion at all, because they are 99.9% for violence, death and destruction

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by AbdH: 8:52am On Oct 03, 2014
SporaD8: we are talking about SCHOOL girls in uniforms, you are talking about ladies in CHURCHES!
See how you failed common sense; or better still how common sense fails you!

My comment addresses the issue, thanks.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Handsomeemmy(m): 8:56am On Oct 03, 2014
tosin2013:

bros, you fail! no candidate who does not expressly declare his support for the hijab will be voted for!!! and this is no empty threat, there are already lots of underground work going on. if state govt in ekiti can allow hijab easily there is no reason for the stupid from lagos fashola you just wait and see!

That's pathetic of you to call your fellow Muslims(Gov Fashola) stupid because he has refused to allow Hijab in public school, people with extreme view like yours should not be allow to lead.
Do you think governance is all about religious inclination? Is it only Muslims that voted for Fashola or that will vote for the next Governor?
In yorubaland, it is culture before religion and beside, lagos is a cosmopolitan state, I know most muslims that live in the state don't think the way you do, sorry to say,but the way I'm seeing you, you can cause bodily harm to your blood brother because he chose to have a different view from yours.
I am a yoruba man, I have muslims in my immediate family, religion has never been our source of quarrel, that's the Yoruba spirit, go back home and ask questions and stop visiting those Hard line jihadist website, it will save you from yourself.

N:B Don't take my comment personal, it is not meant for you only but for everyone reading, learn tolerance , practice your religion in your House and don't try even in a little to force it on others.

God bless you
God Bless Nigeria.

18 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by thewarrior72: 8:59am On Oct 03, 2014
tosin2013:

And who loses at the end if the(muslims) refuses to vote?. Islam is a backward religion that bread backward thinkers. Your vote is ur power to elect/usher in ur preferred candidate hence disenfranchising urself is idiocy of the highest order, and giving that lagos population is tilted towards Christian the muslims is surely not gonna be missed at the pole & whoever have the Christians onboard is sured of victory.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 03, 2014
undecided
MightySparrow: INEC
You de hear ooooo.
ehn hen
Give us human not voters card oooo
Yeyenatu
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by folawiyoma(m): 9:08am On Oct 03, 2014
Yomieluv: shut up,when has hijab equate good character.

I swear,a friend has dated a lady wearing hijab claiming "born again". The lady is a pretender to the highest level. She loves sex like sugar,yet covers her head with hijab.

Outside she's a role model,inside,she's something else. We always call her "soji alhaja"- funky alhaja.

Sharp sharp alhaja
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by olumuyiolaoluwa: 9:10am On Oct 03, 2014
The problem of Nigeria is nothing but the 'CONSTITUTION' How can you sneak 'SHARIA LAW' into the Nigeria CONSTITUTION and both claiming 'SUPREMACY' Not until this Issue is trashed out sorry to say MUSLEMS will continue to ferment trouble either knowingly or unknowingly, If you say you want ur kids to be going to school with HI.JAD and the CHRISTIANS Insist that their kids shd equally attend the same school with their long 'CHOIR ROBE' where is uniformity in schools, All this is 'NONSENCE'. To solve all this issue a new CONSTiTUTION needs to be WRITTEN, ACCEPTED and ADOPTED.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by akoaki(m): 9:11am On Oct 03, 2014
Ignorance, fear and corruption can render humanity to wastes.

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by fx45(m): 9:16am On Oct 03, 2014
Yoritshekiri: South West on the brink!
Something is brewing in Yoloba land......
www.nairaland.com/1926984/religious-extremism-kamarudeen-muslims-attack
Where have U been my brother? Since the maggots protested Ur emergence after the Nairaland Tsunami, U went AWOL. What happened? Anyway glad to see U here again. NgeneUkwenu should take note

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 03, 2014
Yoritshekiri: I also noticed that the longer the Hijab, the more promiscuous they are.
Seriously.
lol,no mind them. They pretend a lot,with hijab,you will think they are saint,they are worst than infidels.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Alimtoheeb(m): 9:24am On Oct 03, 2014
2cato: wake up from ur sleep and slumber and stop smoking that thing that is making you unresonable.
Almost every year their are records of nigerian women been sexually molested and rap.ed in saudi arabia some do not even get their breast back after the action. Muslims country are having the highest amount of rap.e and sexual molest.
don't just come here and give us fake news, wat u said happens everywhere, by †ђξ way, do u think everybody dat lives in SA is Muslim, bro, der is always two side Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ a coin, try Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ think otherwise......Jah Bless, nd note, we are all human beeing, †ђξ truth is not always far fetch. Just give us a source Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ what u said.

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Akinsz: 9:26am On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH: Muslims should start calling for the full implementation of Shari'ah. Democracy will never favour us, the moment we start seeing that the better for us.
u must be high on tabaa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Jaideyone(m): 9:29am On Oct 03, 2014
Alimtoheeb: I pray dat Allah (swt) help our leaders Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ see †ђξ advantages that lies in Using hijab,using of hijab will surelly reduce molestation nd also establish nd increase our girls dignity, raping will decrease, and if endorse, I pray other people won't Misuse it, nd if also endorse, der may be some instrument of destruction dat will be telling dos girlz Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ be wearing traditional attires Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ school as it happen some months ago in State of Osun, I pray peace reign in Nigeria......GOD Bless Nigeria.
are you talking about the same hijab Kaotharath and Asisa use their hands to remove anytime I want to nail them in Ibadan? grin covering the whole body has nothing to do with dignity. I'm not advocating improper dressing but hijabs shouldn't be allowed in secular public places like our primary and secondary schools
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Akinsz: 9:38am On Oct 03, 2014
oilyngbati: In essennce, wha these Lagos-yaloba muslims are saying is: no terrorism, no voting. They want to be allowed to be wearing hijab, so they can sneak a bomb under their smelly panties and carry out suicide attack! Is this the yalobber way of soophistication? undecided
this is not your 1st time, nothing good can come out of your frypan head. Igbos...
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Akinsz: 9:39am On Oct 03, 2014
oilyngbati: In essennce, wha these Lagos-yaloba muslims are saying is: no terrorism, no voting. They want to be allowed to be wearing hijab, so they can sneak a bomb under their smelly panties and carry out suicide attack! Is this the yalobber way of soophistication? undecided
this is not your 1st time, nothing good can come out of your frypan head. F1atheads...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senate Passes Power Sector Reform Act Amendment Bill / 'Sunset Workers' Employed By Abdulfatah Ahmed Not Sacked - Kwara Government / APC National Working Committee Adopts Omo-Agege For Deputy Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.