Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist (13819 Views)

Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist / 2015: No Basis For Objection Over Buhari's Credentials- INEC / 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by AbdH: 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
ibedun: My Yoruba Brothers

Continue with your debate but be aware of IGBO interlopers on this thread.

We have been muslims and Christians living peacefully together for a long while and that tolerence must continue.

And whether we like it or not none of the 2 religions have done us any particular good over the years.

Christinity despite their sanctimonious stance is full of fraud, manipulation and abuse and mind control of vulnerable (and sometime outright stupid people)

They do more damage to people than the bombs.

I support those who want to wear Hijab to school, office or wherever the like.

Thank you bro. Some people are just being unreasonable.
Show us where Ifa says you must wear aso ofi and you are good to go.
Show us where the Bible says you must wear a robe and you are good to go.
They say don't bring religion to school but they do morning devotion everyday. Who is deceiving who?

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
what right do you have to determine what is compulsory or not for others?

is it only one religion that does morning devotion?
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by olumuyiolaoluwa: 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
OlaoChi:

Religion of piss is a better slogan for Islam
grin

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by mrofficial(m): 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
ibedun: My Yoruba Brothers

Continue with your debate but be aware of IGBO interlopers on this thread.

We have been muslims and Christians living peacefully together for a long while and that tolerence must continue.

And whether we like it or not none of the 2 religions have done us any particular good over the years.

Christinity despite their sanctimonious stance is full of fraud, manipulation and abuse and mind control of vulnerable (and sometime outright stupid people)

They do more damage to people than the bombs.

I support those who want to wear Hijab to school, office or wherever the like.

If you say Christianity is fraud, fine. The simple case is, don't mix religion with the public school! Is that too hard to understand?

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by mrofficial(m): 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

They say don't bring religion to school but they do morning devotion everyday. Who is deceiving who?

Show me the post which is supporting the devotion?

We should remove every trace of religion from our public schools instead of trying to add to it.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
I bet this gonna be da 1st case of self disenfranchisement...well u zealots shud be rest assured u gonna make it to da Guiness Books Of Records..n seriosly,this reminds one of da ''moslem shud only vote moslem'' words(rants) on marble from that lean arsse ex dictator..hellll yea..

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

You guys are the ones who started causing problems. We used to vote for credible candidates until CAN started campaigning for a Christian governor. We say we want the hijab, you say that it is a secular government... pray tell, if it is a secular government, why should it matter what religion a leader of a state practises?
You all started the religious bigotry in the southwest and we're going to end it for you.
For the records, the hijab was not part of the Arab culture and Islam is a universal religion.

Pls find your way to the Christian chat box and deliver this message, this is not for me

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

There is no full implementation of Shari'ah anywhere in the world, that is why you don't know anything about it and I cannot give examples because of that. All we have is a corruption of Shari'ah for shari'ah cannot work under a democracy, monarchy or communism.

By the way, your outburst is uncalled for, Muslims do not make noise unless their rights are being denied them. If your government denies us small things like the hijab, it is just a matter of time before they ask us to stop observing salat.

See how silly your logic is..
So shari'a is not implemented anywhere in the world, even Saudi, UAE, Syria, Iraq??
Ok if that's the case Mr. Arab slave, why should Yorubas operate with full shari'a or any shari'a at all when the Arabs who own Islam aren't using shari'a?

Maybe traditionalist should start wearing egungun and agemo regalia to school too grin
Obatala worshipers should defile the school uniform and wear all white to school
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by soonest(f): 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

There is no full implementation of Shari'ah anywhere in the world, that is why you don't know anything about it and I cannot give examples because of that. All we have is a corruption of Shari'ah for shari'ah cannot work under a democracy, monarchy or communism.

By the way, your outburst is uncalled for, Muslims do not make noise unless their rights are being denied them. If your government denies us small things like the hijab, it is just a matter of time before they ask us to stop observing salat.
what happens when your right infringes on my right
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

Are u willing to get initiated into Ifa cult to know where Ifa said all believers must wear Yoruba cloths to school to represent their ancestors?

Cus an uninitiated like u doesn't deserve to know these things

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 6:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
Oklander: Nop. I care less!

So get off my case undecided
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Oklander: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
OlaoChi:

So get off my case undecided
The case was never yours!

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by AbdH: 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
OlaoChi:

See how silly your logic is..
So shari'a is not implemented anywhere in the world, even Saudi, UAE, Syria, Iraq??
Ok if that's the case Mr. Arab slave, why should Yorubas operate with full shari'a or any shari'a at all when the Arabs who own Islam aren't using shari'a?

Maybe traditionalist should start wearing egungun and agemo regalia to school too grin
Obatala worshipers should defile the school uniform and wear all white to school

You make a silly comment yet you term others' as silly. Where did Obatala make it mandatory for its adherents to wear white always? Did the egungun gods order their worshippers to wear the regalia always?
I did not really expect much from a pagan as he is enslaved to his wooden idols.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by AbdH: 7:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
soonest: what happens when your right infringes on my right

How does a lady wearing a cloth covering her own body infringe on your right? Hmmm?

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by backtosender: 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
oilyngbati: In essennce, wha these Lagos-yaloba muslims are saying is: no terrorism, no voting. They want to be allowed to be wearing hijab, so they can sneak a bomb under their smelly panties and carry out suicide attack! Is this the yalobber way of soophistication? undecided
Too sophisticated is understatement they brought civilization to rest of nigerians
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by AbdH: 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
OlaoChi:

Are u willing to get initiated into Ifa cult to know where Ifa said all believers must wear Yoruba cloths to school to represent their ancestors?

Cus an uninitiated like u doesn't deserve to know these things

Ifa cult? Are you kidding me? Well, no thanks. I maintain the culture and language but the cult is yours to enjoy.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

Ifa cult? Are you kidding me? Well, no thanks. I maintain the culture and language but the cult is yours to enjoy.

what should be expected of a child of an ifa cult worshipper in our public school, if he or she is to be allowed to exercise his/her ''fundamental'' religious rights?

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by soonest(f): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

How does a lady wearing a cloth covering her own body infringe on your right? Hmmm?
You said full shariah should be implemented in Nigeria
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

hijab is not infringing on anyone's right, but does the hijab, whether cape or not, makes a uniform to be called a uniform again?
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
soonest:

he will go to the caliphate of ISIL to achieve his dream of full shariah and not in Nigeria.

he must have been fantasising on how to be beheading people and teaching children how to behead too, killing children and ra.ping women. The one they started in the north, landed them in Boko haram's enclave.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by saint047(m): 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
superstar1:

he will go to the caliphate of ISIL to achieve his dream full shariah and not in Nigeria.

he must have been fantasising on how to be beheading people and teaching children how to behead too, killing children and ra.ping women. The one they started in the north, landed them in Boko haram's enclave.
nice one bro

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by AbdH: 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
superstar1:

hijab is not infringing on anyone's right, but does the hijab, whether cape or not, makes a uniform to be called a uniform again?

Bro, laws are made by men. A uniform doesn't change in meaning even with the hijab. I know your stance about this issue and I'm telling you that you are overly sentimental and cynical.
A girl wears a skirt while a boy wears trousers - it is still the same colour so it is a uniform. Now tell me why a hijab with the same colour with the uniform cannot fall in the same category as a beret with the same colour?
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by AbdH: 9:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
soonest:

There is no infringement whatsoever on others' right with shari'ah. Do you know that even with democracy, the rights of others are even being trampled upon? And it's all because of religion? I will take democracy serious when homosexuals are allowed to marry in Nigeria.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

You make a silly comment yet you term others' as silly. Where did Obatala make it mandatory for its adherents to wear white always? Did the egungun gods order their worshippers to wear the regalia always?
I did not really expect much from a pagan as he is enslaved to his wooden idols.

If you want to know where Obatala told his worshipers to wear white at all times go to Obatala priest to show u the sacred groove orishala where it would all be revealed to you

Wooden idolsgrin grin at least I don't knock my head on the ground 5times a day while facing a man's smelling ass or worship a black stone with a vagiinal image

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by sweetgala(m): 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH: Muslims should start calling for the full implementation of Shari'ah. Democracy will never favour us, the moment we start seeing that the better for us.

So because You are Muslim , you want to impose shariah on us Christians that practice a different faith. Move on

There is no good reason however a muslim , or of any faith should be prevented from wearing a hijab if they so wish, it must not however be enforced nor standardized
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

Bro, laws are made by men. A uniform doesn't change in meaning even with the hijab. I know your stance about this issue and I'm telling you that you are overly sentimental and cynical.
A girl wears a skirt while a boy wears trousers - it is still the same colour so it is a uniform. Now tell me why a hijab with the same colour with the uniform cannot fall in the same category as a beret with the same colour?

i will enjoin you to please tow the line of mutual respect without name calling. I respect people that respect themselves on NL and take on the ones with bad mouths in equal measures.

I am not sentimental and cynical. I do not buy into religion dogmatically. God gave us a brain to think a little, to prevent anarchy. I am a realist and practicalist. dont do on to others, what you cannot allow. If the traditionalists wake up tomorrow and start advocating for their children to enforce their fundamental human right, by wearing palm fronds and cowries to school, will you just keep quiet because you do no want to be seen as being sentimental. A school is our collective property, who cares what anybody wears after school? b

a unifom is meant to make all and sundry equal, irrespective of religion, backgrounds , societal status, beliefs etc

How does usage of hijab conform to this core ideology of usage of uniform in our public schools?

how does hijab usage in public schools respect the religious right of others?

On what premise are muslims basing their argument on usage of hijab in public schools, apart from over flogged ''fundamnetal religious right'', as if others do not have the same right.

Why must your hijab be enforced on a property that belongs to all of us, even satanists?

If you are allowed, are others free to exercise their rights too, no matter what they deemed it fit as their religious right, even wearing of maquerade paraphernalia to school? Will there be a need for uniform again?

4 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

Yes Ifa cult...don't you want to know what Ifa says about a Yoruba man's clothing?

you maintain the culture and language? $lmao
Ifa is the culture and language...I won't blame you if you don't know that
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

There is no infringement whatsoever on others' right with shari'ah. Do you know that even with democracy, the rights of others are even being trampled upon? And it's all because of religion? I will take democracy serious when homosexuals are allowed to marry in Nigeria.

Shut ur lying mouth, or fingersgrin
Shari'a infringes on right to movement, speech and public media
this is what is going on in shari'a Saudi Arabia
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by crazypatriot: 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
What can I say , justice belongs to the Lord
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by olumuyiolaoluwa: 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
OlaoChi:

Shut ur lying mouth, or fingersgrin
Shari'a infringes on right to movement, speech and public media
this is what is going on in shari'a Saudi Arabia
grin I can see ur efforts in trying so hard to get this guy Schooled but what do you expect from an 'ARABIAN SLAVE,' -ve

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by olumuyiolaoluwa: 12:45am On Oct 04, 2014
grin [quote author=taiwoakin]
.Come let me share this with you. The Northerners brought this to gain the west for their selfish interest forget it , It's not possible you are here ranting for HI.JAB do you think HAUSA MUSLEMS recognises you guyz "I LAFF IN YORUBA" lend me ur ears. This event happens just last year in KATSINA State, Malumfashi L.G. Ungwar DAWA. After Al-Bashira Int'l School " 'NASFAT 'I am sure you know them. They also sing and do things like CHRISTIANS You know they have good amplifiers and Speakers too. This faithful day the HAUSA- FULANI came to their gathering and warn them very seriously that the noise from NASFAT gathering is seriously disturbing them, and they shd be warned after that incident NASFAT programme never remain the same in MALUMFASHI. Continue living in your DELUSION until you bridge the PEACE of the LAND. though we dont pray for dat.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by MightySparrow: 4:28am On Oct 04, 2014
yeyenatu: undecided

Sorry, it is android suggestive word that changed hijab to human

I wanted to say INEC should give us hijab and turban to vote instead of voters cards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

LG Poll Holds Today In Ondo Without Main Opposition Party / 'Sunset Workers' Employed By Abdulfatah Ahmed Not Sacked - Kwara Government / Zamfara Has Spent 970 Million On Ransom Payments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.