Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist (13820 Views)

Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist / 2015: No Basis For Objection Over Buhari's Credentials- INEC / 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by laudate: 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
AbdH:

Thank you bro. Some people are just being unreasonable.
Show us where Ifa says you must wear aso ofi and you are good to go.
Show us where the Bible says you must wear a robe and you are good to go.
They say don't bring religion to school but they do morning devotion everyday. Who is deceiving who?

Nobody is deceiving anybody. You guys are the ones deceiving yourselves. For goodness sake, if you want your girls or daughters to wear the hijab, send them to Ansaru-deen High School or Al-Hijrah College that are already well-known muslim schools.

Why send them to Baptist High School or Christ's School and expect them to be allowed to carry out their studies wearing Islamic garb?

Some people just thrive on confusion... undecided

4 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tartar9(m): 12:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
soonest:

I see ur sight is selective. Till altlantic ocean dries up b4 that will ever materalize. U guys should keep dreaming!
the Shariah will be fully implemented not only in the North,but in everyother place in Nigeria whether you like it or not.

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
tartar9:
the Shariah will be fully implemented not only in the North,but in everyother place in Nigeria whether you like it or not.

Lol. Funny you.

It is easier for Netanyahu to become Iran President or Ahmadinejad to become Israel president than for your shariah to set foot on yoruba soil.

You want shariah, relocate to caliphate of ISIS, Iran, Sambisa Forest, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, etc where beheading is a norm, defiling young girls is a norm and ruling in a barbaric 7th century leadership style is in vogue.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by soonest(f): 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
superstar1:

Lol. Funny you.

It is easier for Netanyahu to become Iran President or Ahmadinejad to become Israel than for your shariah to set foot on yoruba soil.

You want shariah, relocate to caliphate of ISIS, Iran, Sambisa Forest, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, etc where beheading is a norm, defiling your girls is a norm and ruling in a barbaric 7th century leadership style is in vogue.
U dey mind am. Is either he's high on glue or has cerebral malaria

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by soonest(f): 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
tartar9:
Unfortunately, these are only in ur dreams
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by BABSIN(m): 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
RockMaxi:
Disenfranchise yourself with this your demand.
Balderdash...UAE, Maritius, Saudi Arabia Qatar are more than 90% and they are definitely not as stated in your blank assertion.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tartar9(m): 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
superstar1:

Lol. Funny you.

It is easier for Netanyahu to become Iran President or Ahmadinejad to become Israel president than for your shariah to set foot on yoruba soil.

You want shariah, relocate to caliphate of ISIS, Iran, Sambisa Forest, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, etc where beheading is a norm, defiling young girls is a norm and ruling in a barbaric 7th century leadership style is in vogue.
those are not true Shariah,and unfortunately for you and your likes you shiver at its mention because you live in sin and lawlessness,Shariah rule will not only prevail in nigeria but the entirety of Allah's earth whatsoever you may do,a matter already written down for"Allah hath decreed: Lo! I
verily shall conquer, I
and My messengers will surely prevail
Lo! Allah is Strong,
Almighty"(quran58:21)

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
tartar9:
those are not true Shariah,and unfortunately for you and your likes you shiver at its mention because you live in sin and lawlessness,Shariah rule will not only prevail in nigeria but the entirety of Allah's earth whatsoever you may do,a matter already written down for"Allah hath decreed: Lo! I
verily shall conquer, I
Lo! Allah is Strong,

Shiver at your barbaric style of governance?

This guy is the joke of the Year.

You are so pure that you are without sin. I am a man, yes I do sin a times and I ask the loving God I serve to forgive me and He does. He does not condemn me because I'm not perfect. If I am perfect, I will not need His mercy and grace again. But the one you serve is so wicked to inflict such a law of beheading, lashes etc on you when you sin. You live in fear of what your God will do to you and I live in the love of my God. Spot the difference.
I will rather serve a God that loves me for whom I am and gives me His mercy and grace, than the one I will always have to fear for the rest of my life.

What kind of God wil be beheading His children, will be lashing them in public, will ask women to be wearing black ninja like dress in a scorching hot sun, what God supports killing other people in His name, suicide bombing, terrorising people etc. What kind of God needs me to fight on His behalf.

Your dream shariah is a dream you are entitled to, but, I repeat, for you to realise the dream of your utopic shariah, you will find your way to the caliphate ISIS just created for your likes.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by taiwoakin(m): 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
sweetgala:

Christianity is a lifestyle as-well or should be and a righteous christian would tell you that the aim of the faith is to be like christ in everything you do.
Let me remind you that wearing hijab and praying 5 times daily alone does not signify righteousness in islam , but rather the fullness of your actions at all time.

if your first statement is true, why do people keep insisting that Muslims should keep their religion at home when going to school
Doing the things signified in your 2nd statement alone do not signify righteousness but abandoning or ignoring them does signify unrighteousness. and the fullness of your actions at all times include wearing the hijab at all times you are in the public

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tartar9(m): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2014
superstar1:

Shiver at your barbaric style of governance?

This guy is the joke of the Year.

You are so pure that you are without sin. I am a man, yes I do sin a times and I ask the loving God I serve to forgive me and He does. He does not condemn me because I'm not perfect. If I am perfect, I will not need His mercy and grace again. But the one you serve is so wicked to inflict such a law of beheading, lashes etc on you when you sin. You live in fear of what your God will do to you and I live in the love of my God. Spot the difference.
I will rather serve a God that loves me for whom I am and gives me His mercy and grace, than the one I will always have to fear for the rest of my life.

What kind of God wil be beheading His children, will be lashing them in public, will ask women to be wearing black ninja like dress in a scorching hot sun, what God supports killing other people in His name, suicide bombing, terrorising people etc. What kind of God needs me to fight on His behalf.

Your dream shariah is a dream you are entitled to, but, I repeat, for you to realise the dream of your utopic shariah, you will find your way to the caliphate ISIS just created for your likes.
as I said before,those are not true Sharia.and I didn't say we are without sin.if not you then your generation will live under it.and as you hypocritically complain about the just punishment meted out by Allah(SA) remember your God will roasts his so-called "children" in Hell for ETERNITY.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 11:29am On Oct 08, 2014
tartar9:
as I said before,those are not true Sharia.and I didn't say we are without sin.if not you then your generation will live under it.and as you hypocritically complain about the just punishment meted out by Allah(SA) remember your God will roasts his so-called "children" in Hell for ETERNITY.

.... and your own God will first of all behead His servants and still throw them into hell.

Spot the difference.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tartar9(m): 11:35am On Oct 08, 2014
superstar1:

.... and your own God will first of all behead His servants and still throw them into hell.

Spot the difference.
go sidown.you got nuftin to say.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
tartar9:
go sidown.you got nuftin to say.

cheesy cheesy cheesy lost in.his own voice.

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Alfranco(m): 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
superstar1:

Bro stop wasting your precious time. They made plain what they crave . This isn't a problem if we're majorly muslims but we aren't. How I wish their (our) black totality isn't loathsome to the arabs unlike the way some of us carry their religion and culture with such devotion and zeal. There are religious schools of various faiths any christian or muslim zealots can go and operate anyhow but not in a non religious government school that is not pro christian or muslim or whatever.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tartar9(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
superstar1:

youve got nuftin to say.what difference,what is beheading compared to eternity in hell.whatever they suffered here will be like a walk in a lane.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by JEITO: 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
We don't have any problem with them using the hijab as long as they hung it on their neck while on queue- too many atrocities go on under the hijab.

In kaduna these days, whenever them hijabi girls enter any shop, they are asked to hang it round the neck because things they loss for shop after them leave.

Won't forget during the 2011 elections voting in gidan sarki ward, a woman was caught with thumb printed ballot papers under her hijab attempting to stuff the ballot box with it.

No thanks to the crowd that obviously were supporting the candidate of the party that was thumb printed she was allowed to go and the police man there couldn't do a thing.

We don't want such in 2015. Either you hang your hijab round your neck, or you tie headtie.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
tartar9:
youve got nuftin to say.what difference,what is beheading compared to eternity in hell.whatever they suffered here will be like a walk in a lane.

So, they should start suffering the hell from.earth. What a philosophy!!!!!

Who are you, to be helping God to play God, by beheading on His behalf?

To sane minds and civilised society, that is called first degree murder.

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tosin2013: 5:13am On Oct 09, 2014
OlaoChi:

I can see u are a dumb one
Have u ever seen me in ur life? do you know me? No!
Why then do you conclude that I wear jeans, fix gain extensions and put western make up?

This is about Islam, don't lie and make silly assumptions to prove a point that doesn't make any sense

1. Hijab is middle eastern mode of dressing for women, mostly Arabs and Canaans, hijab and face veils are a semitic Asian culture
like jeans are an American culture and suits are European

2. Islam is only indigenous to Arab land, like Buddhism is indigenous to Indian lands

3. I ask for proof..pictures or I don't believe it

4. Americans are majority Christians with over 70% on paper, Islam is no threat because it is insignificant in the country with less than 1% of the entire American population
Compare with Nigeria where christianity and Islam are at locked horns with over 40% shared
So if Schools in Nigeria want to favor one religion by allowing hijab they should allow christianity with all their religious regalia
Not forgetting the traditionalist especially in South West where traditionalists are many

Islam only indigenous to Arab Land?? grin grin grin you obviously a comedian shocked islam has bee in kanem bornu for roughly 1200years!!! #fact

islam was the official religion in spain by 700AD, the worlds first university was built by the muslims in morocco by 900AD{I hope you know that morrocans are berbers not arabs tongue} you are obviously not a good student of history.

we all know Christianity came from Nazareth and Bethlehem, but wont it be classical to say the VATICAN is not indigenous to xtianity where it has been for almost 1600years!!! Vatican is more xtian than Jerusalem today!

I have already told you Hijab is used in every muslim street, district, city and nation. Pre Islamic arabs never used hijab!!#fact

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tosin2013: 5:35am On Oct 09, 2014
3. I ask for proof..pictures or I don't believe it

4. Americans are majority Christians with over 70% on paper, Islam is no threat because it is insignificant in the country with less than 1% of the entire American population
Compare with Nigeria where christianity and Islam are at locked horns with over 40% shared
So if Schools in Nigeria want to favor one religion by allowing hijab they should allow christianity with all their religious regalia
Not forgetting the traditionalist especially in South West where traditionalists are many

you really want pictures! grin grin grin

okay, you asked for it, hope you wont say I used photoshop! cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tosin2013: 5:40am On Oct 09, 2014
more!

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tosin2013: 5:43am On Oct 09, 2014
this lady is a born and bred American converted to Islam aint she beautiful?? grin

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by ODIMEGWU2: 7:24am On Oct 09, 2014
ibedun:
My Yoruba Brothers

Continue with your debate but be aware of IGBO interlopers on this thread.

We have been muslims and Christians living peacefully together for a long while and that tolerence must continue.

And whether we like it or not none of the 2 religions have done us any particular good over the years.

Christinity despite their sanctimonious stance is full of fraud, manipulation and abuse and mind control of vulnerable (and sometime outright stupid people)

They do more damage to people than the bombs.

I support those who want to wear Hijab to school, office or wherever the like.

we are talking Hijabs in Lagos State , Every tribe is represented in Lagos state thus this discourse is not meant for only Yorubas

Thank you
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:24am On Oct 09, 2014
tartar9:
verily shall conquer, I
Lo! Allah is Strong,
Guy u r a lunnie full blast!! Your Allah dat cannot chase a mosquito let alone kill it??
Allah dat ONLY fight using lunatics like u to do his suppose job??
Allah dat need almajiris, alqaeda, ISIL, alshabab, bokorams, muslimbrotherhood,etc etc to help him out!! Allah is strong
Even my village shrine gods can dispense justice on taboo offenders on his own wthout anybody's help than allah.
How can a supposed divine shariah law require 4 men to testify to rape against a woman case before justice is done Sure allah is blind!!

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Alfranco(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2014
tosin2013:

Islam only indigenous to Arab Land?? grin grin grin you obviously a comedian shocked islam has bee in kanem bornu for roughly 1200years!!! #fact

islam was the official religion in spain by 700AD, the worlds first university was built by the muslims in morocco by 900AD{I hope you know that morrocans are berbers not arabs tongue} you are obviously not a good student of history.

we all know Christianity came from Nazareth and Bethlehem, but wont it be classical to say the VATICAN is not indigenous to xtianity where it has been for almost 1600years!!! Vatican is more xtian than Jerusalem today!

I have already told you Hijab is used in every muslim street, district, city and nation. Pre Islamic arabs never used hijab!!#fact
Of course Spain was formerly Islamic. In fact ruled for about 600 years by the moors of Morocco who invaded the Iberian peninsula, I.e., Spain and Portugal. But the truth is that this countries were predominantly Catholics before the Jihadists came to subjugate them. Not until 1492 that things changed for the Spaniards and Portuguese who took back their lands and heritage from the invaders back to christianity. However, vestiges of arabic heritage are still visible in the Iberian peninsula, especially in Andalusia, Southern Spain closest to Morocco: Africa.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2014
tosin2013:

Look who's talking about history. You are a dummy don't even talk to me about history

Islam in Spain was brought in by invaders who displaced the earlier Christians. Islam in Morocco and all of North Africa and the Persian empire went the same way.- Arabs went preaching their god and culture on people with threats and violence
Hijab is a middle eastern culture spread by the Arabs in the guise of Allah commanded it

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tartar9(m): 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
ZKOSOSO:

Guy u r a lunnie full blast!! Your Allah dat cannot chase a mosquito let alone kill it??
Allah dat ONLY fight using lunatics like u to do his suppose job??
Allah dat need almajiris, alqaeda, ISIL, alshabab, bokorams, muslimbrotherhood,etc etc to help him out!! Allah is strong
Even my village shrine gods can dispense justice on taboo offenders on his own wthout anybody's help than allah.
How can a supposed divine shariah law require 4 men to testify to rape against a woman case before justice is done Sure allah is blind!!
am sure you dont even know the basics of Islam,or its pillars or what even Sharia means.like numerous of other never-do-well low-lifed bashers whose only source is to copy and paste from anti-islamic sites,you dont realise how silly you look when you ignorantly spew out trash while imagining yourself talking with authority.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tosin2013: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
Alfranco:

Of course Spain was formerly Islamic. In fact ruled for about 600 years by the moors of Morocco who invaded the Iberian peninsula, I.e., Spain and Portugal. But the truth is that this countries were predominantly Catholics before the Jihadists came to subjugate them. Not until 1492 that things changed for the Spaniards and Portuguese who took back their lands and heritage from the invaders back to christianity. However, vestiges of arabic heritage are still visible in the Iberian peninsula, especially in Andalusia, Southern Spain closest to Morocco: Africa.

I agree to a large extent on your point. but wait spain for example, was originally made of heathen worshippers before the coming of xtianity just like the anglosaxons, the romans and others, but they all accepted xtianity and it became the official religion just like islam and xtianity are the official religion in Nigeria today wink
so who originally owns spain, the heathens?, the romans?, the moors?

the deeper you dig you realize that way of life of a people is a reflection of what they believe in at that period in time grin grin
it is pointless whether they originated the idea or received it from another source.

as at today, muslims are rising in influence worldwide and their rights, long neglected, are being restored one at a time grin grin grin

Thanks
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tosin2013: 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
OlaoChi:

Look who's talking about history. You are a dummy don't even talk to me about history

Islam in Spain was brought in by invaders who displaced the earlier Christians. Islam in Morocco and all of North Africa and the Persian empire went the same way.- Arabs went preaching their god and culture on people with threats and violence
Hijab is a middle eastern culture spread by the Arabs in the guise of Allah commanded it

gibberish as usual, no facts. was xtianity itself not spread by roman armies across Europe? or you thought the whole of Europe just received the spirit of holyghost at once! grin grin think again my friend or rather go read proper history, not the one taught at church.

hope you saw the pictures, you will get more yourself through google. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2014
tosin2013:

gibberish as usual, no facts. was xtianity itself not spread by roman armies across Europe? or you thought the whole of Europe just received the spirit of holyghost at once! grin grin think again my friend or rather go read proper history, not the one taught at church.

hope you saw the pictures, you will get more yourself through google. grin grin grin

You strike me as a real dumb individual. Why you bringing christianity? Did I say christianity is any better?

Both your useless religions are bullshiit

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Alfranco(m): 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
tosin2013:

I agree to a large extent on your point. but wait spain for example, was originally made of heathen worshippers before the coming of xtianity just like the anglosaxons, the romans and others, but they all accepted xtianity and it became the official religion just like islam and xtianity are the official religion in Nigeria today wink
so who originally owns spain, the heathens?, the romans?, the moors?

the deeper you dig you realize that way of life of a people is a reflection of what they believe in at that period in time grin grin
it is pointless whether they originated the idea or received it from another source.

as at today, muslims are rising in influence worldwide and their rights, long neglected, are being restored one at a time grin grin grin

Thanks

I like your take. I do tell folks that religion is no one's tradition and it should never be. The two religions met tradition in Nigeria and in fact everywhere they're practiced today: every nooks and crannies of this world. It is self evident that anywhere religion has assumed the place of tradition, religious strife and intolerance is inevitable. The reason SouthWest of Nigeria enjoys relative peace is because tradition retains its appeal: there palaces are not pro christian or muslim setup,while adherents of these two religions wouldn't shortchange Ceaser for the pastors or sheiks and these folks are not less of a Christian or Muslim to any of their counterparts in the world. In fact they're the most religious tolerant folks. They duly give what belongs to Ceaser what belongs to him without qualms and worship their gods like Jesus proffered. I rest my case.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by sweetgala(m): 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
taiwoakin:

if your first statement is true, why do people keep insisting that Muslims should keep their religion at home when going to school
Doing the things signified in your 2nd statement alone do not signify righteousness but abandoning or ignoring them does signify unrighteousness. and the fullness of your actions at all times include wearing the hijab at all times you are in the public

No one is insisting you keep your religion at home, however the practice of your religion should be private and not intimidate or disrupt public activities.

Things like sharia law have no place in any part of Nigeria, Hijab can be worn where is it appropriate and it is of the wearer's choice.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 21, 2014
tartar9:

This is the True Nature and Intentions of Islam. no lies will cover it up for too long. Peaceful indeed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Suspected Boko Haram Militants Kill Eight, Kidnap 100 In Cameroon / 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal / Court Order Summons Served On Saraki & Ekweremadu Pasted On NASS Notice Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.