Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist (13826 Views)

Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist / 2015: No Basis For Objection Over Buhari's Credentials- INEC / 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
Oklander: Islam teaches that Muslims should stand and fight oppression. So what if a declaration against ALL violence is made and they are been oppressed violently?

Amputation is a punishment of the law, why would a punishment under a given law be declared a crime?
Honor killing as in, death punishment u mean? So it should be declared a crime in Islam, but allowed in other form in the western "settings" right? If this isn't hatred, double standards and myopic, what else?
And where does it says that r.ape is allowed in Islam? Your Ignorance, No?

Calling for killing of non Muslims!!! Give an example of such clerics that walks free. Do you have the leaders of those terrorist groups in mind, you can tell us how one can arrest such people or where would you go and arrest them from?

Forceful conversion? This is also clearly your ignorance. The Quran states clearly that there's no compulsion in Religion, many scholars has spoken and preached against it, what else do you want?

And you are in the mind of the peaceful ones to know that is what their intention is? Clearly, I was very correct when I said only id.iotic haters would deny what Muslims has gone through to stop this while others are been sincerely ignorant.

obviously you live in a bubble

4 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
Alimtoheeb post=/post/26821166:
I pray dat Allah (swt) help our leaders Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ see †ђξ advantages that lies in Using hijab,using of hijab will surelly reduce molestation nd also establish nd increase our girls dignity, raping will decrease, and if endorse, I pray other people won't Misuse it, nd if also endorse, der may be some instrument of destruction dat will be telling dos girlz Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ be wearing traditional attires Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ school as it happen some months ago in State of Osun, I pray peace reign in Nigeria......GOD Bless Nigeria.

Oh! Pls give us a break
Shari'a countries with strict hijab and women intermingling policies have the highest rate of molestation cases...funny thing is in court cases, the women are still punished for reporting the case

Hijab has no place in Yoruba culture, Yoruba attires aren't implemented for school children it's Arab attires you want to kill yourself over

smh for the slave mentality of Africans

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
no red bandana in schools, no voting.

no blood on the head of pupils in schools, no voting.

no palm fronds in schools, no voting.

no sutana in schools, no voting.

no fila isegun in schools, no voting.

no rituals in schools, no voting.

no cowries in schools, no voting.

NO OFI/ASO OKE IN SCHOOLS, NO VOTING.

GOVERNMENT SHOULD OUT RIGHTLY CANCEL UNIFORMS IN SCHOOLS AND LET THE MADNESS BEGIN.

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST BEING DOGMATIC TO ARAB CULTURE, APPROVE THE HIJAB AND WE ''YORUBAS'' WILL MAKE A DEMAND FOR ASO OKE OR OFI IN SCHOOLS COMPULSORY.

7 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
Oklander: Aren't these questions the type they call Google questions? If Yoruba decides to suddenly take any foreign religion, why won't you let them be? Don't they have their right and choice any longer?

It's either you answer the question or you have no Answers in ur head...which is too bad

I am Yoruba, and am utterly concerned at the pace at which Islam is causing disunity, discrimination, science illiteracy and violence in the land
So I can't let them be because it affects me directly

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by mekadinho(f): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH: Muslims should start calling for the full implementation of Shari'ah. Democracy will never favour us, the moment we start seeing that the better for us.
Another shekaru in the making....
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
olumuyiolaoluwa: We have Countries in the EAST that are dominated by MUS.LEMS e.g IRAQ etc, Y the same MUSLEMS prefer the EUROPE. Ok cos EUROPE is relatively PEACEFULL compared to the MIDDLE EAST Logically since ISLAM is purpoted to b a religion of PE.ACE the MIDDLE EAST shd hav bn the most peaceful place to Live in

Religion of piss is a better slogan for Islam

5 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by londoner: 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
I think they should be allowed to wear the hijab. It's not as if most of the suicide bombers have been women or in Hijab. If it's about full hijab where you only see eyes, I can understand, but non-muslim women wear head dress/tie in Nigeria. Besides a bomb can be in a handbag or backpack.

In fact they are rather souring religious relations, with this move. If identities need to be checked against voters card......let female officials do it. The hijab is important to many muslim women, so its unfair to target it.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
tosin2013: firstly I don't take things personal on faceless forum.

now to cure your ignorance. the hijab is a part and parcel of the way of life of a muslim woman. you cannot separate her person and religion from the hijab. aw does an eight year primart school girl wearing hijab affect you or any other person except that individual is one who harbours hate & discrimination. sad

what will it diminish or damage if you see a girl wearing hijab in a secondary school? her brain?, yours? the teachers? our problem as Nigerians is we fill our lives with too much sentiments!!!!

is Nigeria the only secular country where hijab is allowed? guess what?,
even the most secular European countries allow hijab in PUBLIC AND PRIVATE ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
uNITED kINGDOM, Italy, SWEDEN, FRANCE, NORWAY, SPAIN, SOUTH AFRICA, CANADA all allow pupils to wear hijab to schools!!!! grin grin grin

this religious animosity for no sensible reason is bedrock of societal animosity and discrimination!

the Muslims in the south west have awoken from their slumber and will demand, negotiate and get (Insha Allah) their God given, constitutionally sanctioned rights. cool

yes I am Yoruba and do av Christians as family and friends, I do not support violence or extremism, my religion comes before culture, GOD before man cheesy

Lol pls show us the hijab wearing French, Canadians, Swedish etc.
they are foreigners whom still complain that the system is against Islam.
Just recently France prohibited burka outside the house as burka wearing muslims have comitted so much crimes in than guise

Muslims in the West complain, they want European countries to be like the middle east they ran away from grin

You are not Yoruba pls stop calling yourself Yoruba. You are an Arab slave

4 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by masseratti: 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
As a bonafide Lasgosian,pls they should not vote ooo,tgey should just stay indoors during elections,except they are saying they won't vote for a particular candidate.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by cirmuell(m): 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
superstar1: no red bandana in schools, no voting.

GOVERNMENT SHOULD OUT RIGHTLY CANCEL UNIFORMS IN SCHOOLS AND LET THE MADNESS BEGIN.

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST BEING DOGMATIC TO ARAB CULTURE, APPROVE THE HIJAB AND WE ''YORUBAS'' WILL MAKE A DEMAND FOR ASO OKE OR OFI IN SCHOOLS COMPULSORY.
Abi o, let everybody clamour for their own "rights" and let see if the country will not be turned upside down...bunch of deluded fellas.

whatever rocks their boat, if you don't vote shey others won't ni? mtcheew!. Yorubaland and Nigeria as a whole is not an arab country, the earlier they realize this the better for them.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by mrofficial(m): 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
Don't bring religion into our public schools.

If you don't like the school, take your girl to an Arabic school where she will be allowed to wear Hijab anytime.

Muslims should understand that Nigeria is a multi-religious country.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by londoner: 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tosin 2013, th hijab debate in France has been a big thing, in fact it's actually banned in schools, universities and government buildings. This has been the case for the past 10 years. in fact its all overt religious symbols.

One of my friends came over to London from Paris recently, she was very shocked at the amount of women she saw in hijab (and burqah) and how "normal" it was for non-muslims. She was actually scared of one lady because she walked towards her, in a hijab.

As far as I know hijabs are not banned in Nigeria, neither is the "overtly religious" head covering (habit) of a catholic nun.

On the other hand, its not my religion or choice to cover my head or arms, but if I go to some muslim countries, I would be forced to.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tonychristopher: 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
saint047: Muslims in Lagos State say there is no going back on their demand for the use of hijab in schools.

Speaking under the auspices of Muslim groups at a Press Conference on Wednesday in Lagos, they said their votes would be determined by the candidate’s stand on hijab.

According to the groups, “The slogan of Muslims for Lagos 2015 is ‘No Hijab, No Vote’. Hijab here is a symbol of respect for the way of life of Muslims and a commitment by politicians to accept the legitimate demands of Muslims.

“These demands will be tabled before candidates when they meet leaders of Islamic organizations.

“Let us reiterate that no secret meeting with any individual leader, no matter how credible, will be acceptable to Lagos Muslims. Individual leaders of Islamic organizations are therefore given the caveat in this regard- do not meet any political candidate alone on behalf of Lagos Muslims. A word is enough for the wise”.source http://dailypost.ng/2014/10/01/2015-hijab-voting-lagos-muslims-insist/

they should go and die

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
So a person's stand on hijab is more significant and important than his stand on education, health, security, agricultural and sports development? So the person can do whatever he likes with their commonwealth so long as he promises them use of hijab?
Anyone now wonders why Nigeria is in trouble?

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tonychristopher: 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
why are muslim always constitute nuisancse, it is very simple, if you want your kids to wear hijab or be a masqurade to school, go and establish hijab only schools...dont come to secular schools and talk nonesense

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by manuelpepper: 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
Yoritshekiri:
I fûcked a few like that during NYSC.
There is no feeling like when a muslim girl takes off her hijab for you.
Absolute bliss.
ashawo! Hahahah....u na bad guy.

I was only opportuned to press so many breasts inside hijab.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Oklander: 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
OlaoChi:

It's either you answer the question or you have no Answers in ur head...which is too bad

I am Yoruba, and am utterly concerned at the pace at which Islam is causing disunity, discrimination, science illiteracy and violence in the land

You can't let them be yet u can't do nothing about it. Its a Sorry for you.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by taiwoakin(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
APContherun: So a person's stand on hijab is more significant and important than his stand on education, health, security, agricultural and sports development? So the person can do whatever he likes with their commonwealth so long as he promises them use of hijab?

freedom and justice must come before development. So the stand on hijab is more important than their fake promises

ignoramuses like you who jump on a topic without knowing the genesis are the reason why people are being misled
The use of hijab is a compulsory part of female dressing in Islam (whenever the lady is outside the house).
Is the use of sutana compulsory in christianity?
is the use of ofi and aso-oke compulsory in traditional belief?
that is why we are not asking that male students should be allowed to use caps, because use of cap is optional

Nobody is asking for cancellation of uniforms.
Students wear cardigans during cold weather (the school ensures the cardigan has the same theme with the uniform)
why cant muslim students be allowed to wear hijabs that have the same theme as their school uniform, discrimination

Any politician that thinks he will get to Lagos government house without giving us religious freedom is joking with defeat

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by skyfall: 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tell them that they are on their own.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
taiwoakin:

freedom and justice must come before development. So the stand on hijab is more important than their fake promises
ignoramuses like you who jump on a topic without knowing the genesis are the reason why people are being misled
The use of hijab is a compulsory part of female dressing in Islam (whenever the lady is outside the house).
that is why we are not asking that mal studnts should be allowed to use caps, because use of cap is optional
Students wear cardigans during cold weather (the school ensures the cardigan has the same theme with the uniform)
why can muslim students be allowed to wear hijabs that have the same theme as their school uniform
Any politician that thinks he will get to lagos government house without giving us religious freedom is joking with defeat
why cant muslim female

keep your muthaf........g mouth shut odeson, if you cannot discuss based on superior argument, rather than on an embarrassing sentimental and emotion basis.

What gives you the right to determine what is a religious right for another religion. You are breaking the collective rule that binds all of us and you are still the one determining what is compulsory and not compulsory for others. How daft can you be?

why must you wear hijabs and others cant wear their palm fronds or carry rituals or embed cowries on their uniform?

FOR GOVT TO SAY YES TO HIJAB, IT WILL BE BETTER FOR IT TO CANCEL UNFORM OUT RIGHTLY. ALL RELIGIONS HAVE RIGHT OVER ALL PUBLIC SCHOOLS TOO. MUSLIMS ARE NOT THE ONLY TAX PAYER FUNDING THE SCHOOLS. YOU ALONE CANNOT BE EXERCISING YOUR RELIGIOUS RIGHT ON OUR COLLECTIVE PROPERTY.

BETTER STILL, TAKE YOUR CHILDREN TO PRIVATE SCHOOLS -- THE SCHOOLS BELONG TO ALL OF US -- MUSLIMS - SUNNIS, SHIAS SALAFIS, XTIANS -- CATHOLIC WINNERS, REDEEMED, ANGLICAN, METHODISTS, BAPTISTS; TRADITIONALISTS - OGUN SHANGO AGEMO OSUN IFA WORSHIPPERS, OTHERS -- ROSICRUCIANS, OLUMA OLUMBA, ANIMALISTS, GRAIL MESSAGE; JEWS AND EVEN SATANISTS/TERRORISTS.

6 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
APContherun: So a person's stand on hijab is more significant and important than his stand on education, health, security, agricultural and sports development? So the person can do whatever he likes with their commonwealth so long as he promises them use of hijab?

You can imagine how religion has turned Nigerians into mindless zombies

hijab is now more important than quality education

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
taiwoakin:

Whatever rocks your boat.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
Oklander: You can't let them be yet u can't do nothing about it. Its a Sorry for you.

Lol you think?
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by jmaine: 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2014

Lolz . . . . . . .Bros dey Para die . . . .grin
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by jmaine: 3:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
taiwoakin:
[s]

that is why we are not asking that male students should be allowed to use caps, because use of cap is optional

why cant muslim students be allowed to wear hijabs that have the same theme as their school uniform, discrimination

Any politician that thinks he will get to Lagos government house without giving us religious freedom is joking with defeat[/s]

Pile of junk . . . .You don't decide what's a necessity for others . . .

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by AbdH: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
OlaoChi:

Ok. You want sharia in Yorubaland?
Mention one good thing shari'a has done in northern Nigeria
Mention one peaceful nation operating on shari'a? Even Nigeria, that is partially on shari'a law suffers violence and all sorts of immorality in shari'a implemented areas

Unless you can give 10good reasons why Yorubas should operate on shari'a, I just have to say you have a mental problem

There is no full implementation of Shari'ah anywhere in the world, that is why you don't know anything about it and I cannot give examples because of that. All we have is a corruption of Shari'ah for shari'ah cannot work under a democracy, monarchy or communism.

By the way, your outburst is uncalled for, Muslims do not make noise unless their rights are being denied them. If your government denies us small things like the hijab, it is just a matter of time before they ask us to stop observing salat.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by ibedun: 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
My Yoruba Brothers

Continue with your debate but be aware of IGBO interlopers on this thread.

We have been muslims and Christians living peacefully together for a long while and that tolerence must continue.

And whether we like it or not none of the 2 religions have done us any particular good over the years.

Christinity despite their sanctimonious stance is full of fraud, manipulation and abuse and mind control of vulnerable (and sometime outright stupid people)

They do more damage to people than the bombs.

I support those who want to wear Hijab to school, office or wherever the like.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by AbdH: 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
OlaoChi:

You guys are the ones who started causing problems. We used to vote for credible candidates until CAN started campaigning for a Christian governor. We say we want the hijab, you say that it is a secular government... pray tell, if it is a secular government, why should it matter what religion a leader of a state practises?
You all started the religious bigotry in the southwest and we're going to end it for you.
For the records, the hijab was not part of the Arab culture and Islam is a universal religion.

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Oklander: 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
OlaoChi:

Lol you think?
Nop. I care less!
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by superstar1(m): 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
ibedun: My Yoruba Brothers
Continue with your debate but be aware of IGBO interlopers on this thread.
We have been muslims and Christians living peacefully together for a long while and that tolerence must continue.
And whether we like it or not none of the 2 religions have done us any particular good over the years.
Christinity despite their sanctimonious stance is full of fraud, manipulation and abuse and mind control of vulnerable (and sometime outright stupid people)
They do more damage to people than the bombs.
I support those who want to wear Hijab to school, office or wherever the like.

No one is for or against any religion here.

The fact remains, if a particular religion is insisting on exercising its right over our collective property, it is only fair and just for all to exercise theirs too, in accordance with their various faiths.

How are you sure that covering your head with blood or white substance or cowries is not compulsory on a daily basis for a child of babalawo. Perhaps, it is the uniform that has been stopping them from exercising their rights.

Xtianty and Islam are foreign religions; which we must adopt and domesticate into our environment with our thinking faculty and not the ''our way or no-way'' some deluded elements in our peaceful environment has suddenly developed. Why those 2 form a large proportion of the population, we should also know that others exist and their right must be protected by govt too, no matter what they worship and what they use in worshipping their gods or goddesses.

A repeat of what was witnessed in Iwo, Osun State will definitely play out. Its better for Govt to just cancel uniform out rightly and let everybody wear what they like to school, even pants like fela. With that, everybody is able to exercise his or her right, without that of anyone being trampled upon.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by fr3do(m): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
embarassed I have a hijab fetish.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Oklander: 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH:

You guys are the ones who started causing problems. We used to vote for credible candidates until CAN started campaigning for a Christian governor. We say we want the hijab, you say that it is a secular government... pray tell, if it is a secular government, why should it matter what religion a leader of a state practises?
You all started the religious bigotry in the southwest and we're going to end it for you.

For the records, the hijab was not part of the Arab culture and Islam is a universal religion.

I think you should make a post out of the bolded... Well said!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying / CAN Queries Adegbite, Lagos Chairman, Over Position On Muslim-muslim Ticket / Banditry: We’re Reaping What We Sowed – Bishop Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.