Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist (13789 Views)

Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist / 2015: No Basis For Objection Over Buhari's Credentials- INEC / 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by redsun(m): 9:43am On Oct 03, 2014
They will soon turn Lagos to Bornu or kano. Yeye people that seems to progress only backward
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 03, 2014
[s][/s]And what you wrote aren't bereft of reasoning. Some of you should just shut up and leave Muslims alone.
thewarrior72: Yes, let them abstain from voting, that obviously will help to put a Christian governor in alausa. Muslim all over the world are bereft of reasoning,regardless of how educated they are the must exhibit foolishness & archaic mentality.

If southwest muslim excesses & backward/reverse reasoning is not curtailed/cured, hmmm, I see them going the way of north in no distance time.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by taiwoakin(m): 9:50am On Oct 03, 2014
You guy should stop posting nonsense

Christians have started inputing religion into politics dy demanding the next Governor of the state must be a Christian. The last 2 Governors were not elected because they were muslims neither did the Muslims demand they be elected because of their religion. They got there purely by politics and merit.

Muslims are asking for their constitutional right to religious freedom. Freedom to practice our religion without any discrimination whatsoever.
I wont go into discussing the merits or demerits of the hijab because that is not the bone of contention, the bone of contention is that Muslims in lagos are demanding fair treatment.

The condition for Muslim support for any candidate will be based on religious freedom for Muslims.

To christians disparaging the use of hijab, ask historians how mary the mother of Jesus dressed
Maybe you should stop your children's education because some educated people ended up as "useless to society"

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by GuyFawkes: 10:00am On Oct 03, 2014
tosin2013:

bros, you fail! no candidate who does not expressly declare his support for the hijab will be voted for!!! and this is no empty threat, there are already lots of underground work going on. if state govt in ekiti can allow hijab easily there is no reason for the stupid from lagos fashola you just wait and see!

And what if the two main candidates don't support the hijab wearing, what would you do?
Maybe migrate to a sharia friendly state or country undecided

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Akinsz: 10:05am On Oct 03, 2014
dridowu: Fixed and the Islam i grew up to know is Peace and it does not encourage violence, so any mistake/offence we made should be blame on us not on our religion
Thats the lie you people make us to believe. All muslims are potential terrorist. If u want to be a terrorist, be a muslim 1st.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Lilimax(f): 10:09am On Oct 03, 2014
Hijab kor, Jihad ni sad
Next!!!

4 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by PapiWata: 10:09am On Oct 03, 2014
In swift response to the demand by Lagos State Muslims that the government IMPOSE their "right" to send children to school in face-concealing religious costumes, the following traditional African religious bodies have ALSO demanded the right for their children to attend school dressed in faith-specific regalia of their own choosing.

1. The Agemo Masquerade Nation insists that all children of their adherents must retain the right to attend state schools with their legs strapped to tall wooden stilts festooned with palm-leaf strands, for dancing to the accompaniment of frantic drummers, during to ALL school activities attended at personal discretion.

2. The Ogun (God Of Iron) Worshipers League, Nigerian Chapter, has joined the chorus by insisting that it is a divine RIGHT and OBLIGATION for every true adherent, or biological offspring thereof, to perform the periodic ritual sacrifice of pet dogs, for the sacred purpose of appeasing the God of Iron, with the blood of dog. The Ogun Worshipers League (OWL), thus DEMANDS that all school students whose ancestry is traceable to the family tree of Ogun Worshipers' League, MUST be allowed and entitled to kill dogs every 7th full moon, on the premises of kindergartens, schools and universities NATIONWIDE, with immediate effect.

3. The Ifa Oracle Oracle Readers Association has entered the fray with its own claim lodged at the Supreme Court by teams of suited-up lawyers, seeking official recognition of the legal RIGHT of Ifa Oracle Association offspring to perform seances and fortune-telling sessions on the campuses of ALL educational institutions within the Nigerian federation. Furthermore, lawsuits have been lodged praying the court to grant a one-time $200M class-action settlement for mental anguish experienced by Ifa Association mambers who have thus far been DENIED their constitutional right to perform their ancestral duties while enrolled in places of formal Western education.

4. The Egbesu God Of War Global Regiment, headquartered in far-away Izon-Land, on noting the large population of their kith and kin resident in scenic Ajegunle, Lagos State, have registered their own presence by weighing in with the non-negotiable demand requesting that all sons and daughters of Egbesu Warriors be assigned the RIGHT to wear ski-masks and blood-red battle head-bands while enrolled in Lagos State schools, while also toting an assortment of light infantry weapons to classes and school sporting activities, in keeping with the right of ALL religions to be culturally represented in the schools of Lagos State.

The above four august associations of noble men are unified despite their diversity, in their resolve to see that ALL religious persuasions, both traditional and imported, are adequately represented in the hallowed hallways of academia, not just in Lagos State, but ALL ACROSS the glorious federation of Nigeria. Long live Nigeria !

Long Live traditional African religions !
Long Live imported Arabic religions !
Long Live imported European religions !
May the Lagos State Government listen to ALL petitioners, before deciding what to do.

9 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by GuyFawkes: 10:12am On Oct 03, 2014
taiwoakin: You guy should stop posting nonsense

Christians have started inputing religion into politics dy demanding the next Governor of the state must be a Christian. The last 2 Governors were not elected because they were muslims neither did the Muslims demand they be elected because of their religion. They got there purely by politics and merit.

Muslims are asking for their constitutional right to religious freedom. Freedom to practice our religion without any discrimination whatsoever.
I wont go into discussing the merits or demerits of the hijab because that is not the bone of contention, the bone of contention is that Muslims in lagos are demanding fair treatment.

The condition for Muslim support for any candidate will be based on religious freedom for Muslims.

To christians disparaging the use of hijab, ask historians how mary the mother of Jesus dressed
Maybe you should stop your children's education because some educated people ended up as "useless to society"

Are you saying Lagos muslims have been treated unfairly cos that would be very untrue.

Nobody knew Mary the mother of Jesus dressed anyway and covering the hair could have been the norm in the middle east during that period not necessarily because of religion.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Alimtoheeb(m): 10:33am On Oct 03, 2014
Jaideyone: are you talking about the same hijab Kaotharath and Asisa use their hands to remove anytime I want to nail them in Ibadan? grin covering the whole body has nothing to do with dignity. I'm not advocating improper dressing but hijabs shouldn't be allowed in secular public places like our primary and secondary schools
u are doing something dat is against †ђξ will of God, and u still av †ђξ gut Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ say it as if it is nofin, I pray God Open ur eye Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ see †ђξ bad side of womanizing.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by ibedun: 10:38am On Oct 03, 2014
redsun: They will soon turn Lagos to Bornu or kano. Yeye people that seems to progress only backward

Wetin concern you bloody immigrant, go an complain in Alaigbo.

Hijab all the way folks if you are in the land of your ancestors. I was born a "christian" but as you can see christianity is the biggest fraud of our time. Led by gun running blinging immoral idiots.

Hijab all the way. These our Yoruba leaders have to stop being nice or appeasing these jonny come latelys.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by saint047(m): 10:50am On Oct 03, 2014
ibedun:

Wetin concern you bloody immigrant, go an complain in Alaigbo.

Hijab all the way folks if you are in the land of your ancestors. I was born a "christian" but as you can see christianity is the biggest fraud of our time. Led by gun running blinging immoral idiots.

Hijab all the way. These our Yoruba leaders have to stop being nice or appeasing these jonny come latelys.
is either you are not normal or you simply choose to be living in FOOLs paradisen,for claiming you are a christain wen you are not,shows that you are the real fraud here

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by dridowu: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2014
Akinsz: Thats the lie you people make us to believe. All muslims are potential terrorist. If u want to be a terrorist, be a muslim 1st.
Would i say Rev King opinion is the opinion of all Christian ? No
Would i say Pastor Arowolo of RCCG that killed his wife represent Christianity ? No

A lot of people and some NLs criticize TB Joshua as false, yet they do not blame it on Christianity but blame it on his personality. This simply implies means blame all my shortcoming on me, myself and i only but not on my Islam.
I will leave you with this wonderful image quote from Mahatma Ghandi

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Abbey2sam(m): 10:54am On Oct 03, 2014
dridowu: Fixed and the Islam i grew up to know is Peace and it does not encourage violence, so any mistake/offence we made should be blame on us not on our religion

yeah!! Everyone knows that islam is the most peaceful religion

Islam........very very peaceful

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by NewNigeriaMind: 10:54am On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH: Muslims should start calling for the full implementation of Shari'ah. Democracy will never favour us, the moment we start seeing that the better for us.

I can bet you share shekau sentiments. don't worry, Borno and Bok haram need you.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Zuria(f): 11:07am On Oct 03, 2014
Lol...as if hijab would make them more intelligent grin grin grin

You want your daughter to wear hijab, take her to an almajiri school!!!! cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by olumuyiolaoluwa: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2014
We have Countries in the EAST that are dominated by MUS.LEMS e.g IRAQ etc, Y the same MUSLEMS prefer the EUROPE. Ok cos EUROPE is relatively PEACEFULL compared to the MIDDLE EAST Logically since ISLAM is purpoted to b a religion of PE.ACE the MIDDLE EAST shd hav bn the most peaceful place to Live in

5 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by olumuyiolaoluwa: 11:16am On Oct 03, 2014
[quote author=dridowu] MAN, What are you saying?
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Oklander: 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
voltron:

those practicing peacefully I often hear from peaceful Muslims form 99.9% of Muslim majority, why are they letting the 0.1% determine the character of Islam in a Negative way, if they can sit back and allow such an insignificant minority color Islam in a negative way, they should be denied their rights to practice any form of religion at all, because they are 99.9% for violence, death and destruction
What do you mean if they can sit back and What is it exactly do you expect them to do that they haven't done? Only id.iotic haters who chooses to remain sincerely ignorant would deny what many peaceful followers and scholars has said and gone through in the hands of those terrorising in the name of the religion.
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
Oklander: What do you mean if they can sit back and What is it exactly do you expect them to do that they haven't done? Only id.iotic haters who chooses to remain sincerely ignorant would deny what many peaceful followers and scholars has said and gone through in the hands of those terrorizing in the name of the religion.

At least you agree that the damage 0.1% illiterate Muslims are doing to Islam at 99.9% that is a huge majority would you not agree. it has nothing to do with idiotic haters, it has a lot to do with people ingrained in 2,000 year old desert culture that is no longer relevant in modern times. Talking has never brought about change.. ACTION is what brings about change. your hateful religious bigots who maim and kill innocents understand that TALK is all bull.shit.. Violence and Death is all they need to demonstrate their ideals. People like you believe that a few mentions of condemnation in the papers will reduce the deaths. Let me tell you what 99.9% of peaceful Muslims can do.

1: Declare all forms of Violence in Islam a Crime (Honor Killings, Amputations, R.ape, Beating Women)
2: Arrest all Extremist Clerics who call for the Slaughter of Non-Muslims in their area because they hate America, why would you kill someone who does not believe in Allah.
3: If Islam is Peace, Forceful Conversions should be abolished. The Koran or Sword of Death shows you what majority of the world think of Islam

The fact is that this simple minority is acting our the intentions of the peaceful ones

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Akinsz: 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
dridowu post=/post/26827822:
Would i say Rev King opinion is the opinion of all Christian ? No
Would i say Pastor Arowolo of RCCG that killed his wife represent Christianity ? No

A lot of people and some NLs criticize TB Joshua as false, yet they do not blame it on Christianity but blame it on his personality. This simply implies means blame all my shortcoming on me, myself and i only but not on my Islam.
I will leave you with this wonderful image quote from Mahatma Ghandi
story... That will not change what muslims really are.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by PenSniper: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
Adetula1 post=/post/26821607:
in Gods name,when will this set of people stop pretending.come to the North here,this same women have the highest level of infidelity,highly promiscuous and so on ...wearing hijab without pa.nt and bra underneath ... mtchewwwee.

...we...wearing hijab without pa.nt and bra underneath ...aring hijab without pa.nt and bra underneath ...

To enhance quick sex at the slightest opportunity. Despite their so-called hijab, rape and sexual assalts occure more in muslim-dominated societies than non-muslim societies. And when it happens, it is the female victim that gets punished ditto for adulterers. They represent the most promiscuous set of people in the world. Polygamy is the greatest appeal for.people in the religion and thats why they are deluded by 72 virgins in their own filthy and unholy heaven after commiting murder here on earth.[color=#550000][/color]

5 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tosin2013: 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
Handsomeemmy post=/post/26825046:

firstly I don't take things personal on faceless forum.

now to cure your ignorance. the hijab is a part and parcel of the way of life of a muslim woman. you cannot separate her person and religion from the hijab. aw does an eight year primart school girl wearing hijab affect you or any other person except that individual is one who harbours hate & discrimination. sad

what will it diminish or damage if you see a girl wearing hijab in a secondary school? her brain?, yours? the teachers? our problem as Nigerians is we fill our lives with too much sentiments!!!!

is Nigeria the only secular country where hijab is allowed? guess what?,
even the most secular European countries allow hijab in PUBLIC AND PRIVATE ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
uNITED kINGDOM, Italy, SWEDEN, FRANCE, NORWAY, SPAIN, SOUTH AFRICA, CANADA all allow pupils to wear hijab to schools!!!! grin grin grin

this religious animosity for no sensible reason is bedrock of societal animosity and discrimination!

the Muslims in the south west have awoken from their slumber and will demand, negotiate and get (Insha Allah) their God given, constitutionally sanctioned rights. cool

yes I am Yoruba and do av Christians as family and friends, I do not support violence or extremism, my religion comes before culture, GOD before man cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by tosin2013: 1:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
taiwoakin post=/post/26826327:

May God Bless you A MILLION TIMES

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by qleap2all(m): 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hey the same way boko haram started- western education prohibited now it is no hijab no voting.should we be expecting another round of T....
By the way,this matter is in the law court and why was the #National_confab not used to address this issue
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
voltron post=/post/26821172:
This is the start of another precedent that the originators would have long passed on before they taste the consequences.. Blackman is truly.....
Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
iffedayur post=/post/26823966:
Have you forgotten that Nigeria is quasi religious society, you're about bringing in a matter that could cause rage from peace loving Nigerians, particularly from the south west.

Religion is one of Nigeria's biggest problems...imagine muslims saying they won't vote for the right man because he didn't show interest in hijab

this is the dumbest thing Yoruba muslims can come up with

4 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
Oklander post=/post/26821370:
Denying people their religious right to peacefully practice and follow the teachings of their religion, this act is supported and fueled by haters.

Excuse me. Is hijab wearing a Yoruba culture?

Why have Yorubas suddenly taken foreign religion that enslaved their people and destroyed the Great Oyo empire over their own socio cultural activities??

note: am nt Christian...christianity is just as bad as Islam in the Yoruba society

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
AbdH post=/post/26821425:
Muslims should start calling for the full implementation of Shari'ah. Democracy will never favour us, the moment we start seeing that the better for us.

Ok. You want sharia in Yorubaland?
Mention one good thing shari'a has done in northern Nigeria
Mention one peaceful nation operating on shari'a? Even Nigeria, that is partially on shari'a law suffers violence and all sorts of immorality in shari'a implemented areas

Unless you can give 10good reasons why Yorubas should operate on shari'a, I just have to say you have a mental problem

5 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by candidbabe(f): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
Adetula1 post=/post/26821607:
in Gods name,when will this set of people stop pretending.come to the North here,this same women have the highest level of infidelity,highly promiscuous and so on ...wearing hijab without pa.nt and bra underneath ... mtchewwwee.

SPOT ON.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Oklander: 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
voltron post=/post/26830387:

At least you agree that the damage 0.1% illiterate Muslims are doing to Islam at 99.9% that is a huge majority would you not agree. it has nothing to do with idiotic haters, it has a lot to do with people ingrained in 2,000 year old desert culture that is no longer relevant in modern times. Talking has never brought about change.. ACTION is what brings about change. your hateful religious bigots who maim and kill innocents understand that TALK is all bull.shit.. Violence and Death is all they need to demonstrate their ideals. People like you believe that a few mentions of condemnation in the papers will reduce the deaths. Let me tell you what 99.9% of peaceful Muslims can do.

1: Declare all forms of Violence in Islam a Crime (Honor Killings, Amputations, R.ape, Beating Women)
Islam teaches that Muslims should stand and fight oppression. So what if a declaration against ALL violence is made and they are been oppressed violently?

Amputation is a punishment of the law, why would a punishment under a given law be declared a crime?
Honor killing as in, death punishment u mean? So it should be declared a crime in Islam, but allowed in other form in the western "settings" right? If this isn't hatred, double standards and myopic, what else?
And where does it says that r.ape is allowed in Islam? Your Ignorance, No?

2: Arrest all Extremist Clerics who call for the Slaughter of Non-Muslims in their area because they hate America, why would you kill someone who does not believe in Allah.

Calling for killing of non Muslims!!! Give an example of such clerics that walks free. Do you have the leaders of those terrorist groups in mind, you can tell us how one can arrest such people or where would you go and arrest them from?

3: If Islam is Peace, Forceful Conversions should be abolished. The Koran or Sword of Death shows you what majority of the world think of Islam

Forceful conversion? This is also clearly your ignorance. The Quran states clearly that there's no compulsion in Religion, many scholars has spoken and preached against it, what else do you want?

The fact is that this simple minority is acting our the intentions of the peaceful ones
And you are in the mind of the peaceful ones to know that is what their intention is? Clearly, I was very correct when I said only id.iotic haters would deny what Muslims has gone through to stop this while others are been sincerely ignorant.

1 Like

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by OlaoChi: 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
taiwoakin post=/post/26826327:

Religion should never be a basis for political office...Christians who advocate for Christian governor are high on some polluted cheap olive oil

Nobody stops muslims from practising the religion of the Arabs, but why should you bring your religion to school?
Education should be based on so much more than religion much less hijab
Does not wearing hijab stop you from being muslims?

Mary mother of Jesus?? You see how religiously extreme you are?
So a Christian should start wearing hijab because a 1st century middle eastern woman wore a veil?
It's the culture of those people from the middle east to wear these things...it's not west African culture

Ask historians which West African ancestor wore hijab

2 Likes

Re: 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist by Oklander: 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
OlaoChi post=/post/26831991:

Excuse me. Is hijab wearing a Yoruba culture?

Why have Yorubas suddenly taken foreign religion that enslaved their people and destroyed the Great Oyo empire over their own socio cultural activities??

note: am nt Christian...christianity is just as bad as Islam in the Yoruba society
Aren't these questions the type they call Google questions? If Yoruba decides to suddenly take any foreign religion, why won't you let them be? Don't they have their right and choice any longer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chris Okey Enemuo Kidnapped In Anambra / Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman / Robbers Write Ogun Community Over Planned Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.