Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,513 members, 7,770,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:56 AM

Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan (26507 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam / IBB Is Confused, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by MisterLongman(m): 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
Vanguardngr:
Terrorism has nothing to do with Islam, says Jonathan
Abuja – President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday in Abuja
restated that the activities of terrorist groups across the world
had nothing to do with Islam.
The president stated this when a delegation of the Muslim
community led by Vice President Namadi Sambo paid him
Sallah homage at his official residence in the Presidential Villa.
Jonathan maintained that there was nothing Islamic about the
atrocities being perpetrated by Boko Haram in Nigeria or
Islamic State (ISIS) militants in Iraq who claimed to be fighting
for the propagation of Islam.
“What is happening
globally now has no
religious basis. Only
yesterday, a British aid
worker was slaughtered by
ISIS and that is not Islamic.
“Boko Haram killing
innocent children and
women in market places,
in mosques and schools
definitely has nothing to
do with religion,” he said.
The president noted that
this year’s Sallah
celebration was significant,
citing certain natural
coincidences which,
according to him, showed
that something good was
happening to Nigeria.
“This year is quite significant in terms of celebration of Sallah,
because the Day of Arafat coincided with a Friday, and from
what I was told it takes a long time to have that coincidence.
“And remembering the fact that 2014 is our centenary year, it
shows that something good is happening to this country.
“We may have our challenges as other nations, but when
things begin to happen in a particular way, I begin to see light
at the end of the tunnel.
“A number of things that have to do with our belief system
suppose to encourage us to see our neighbours as ourselves,’’
he said.
While congratulating Muslims all over the world, the president
urged them to use the period to seek God’s mercy for those
hiding behind religion to perpetrate evil.
He restated his belief in Nigeria, emphasising that the country
had a lot to offer not only to its citizens but also to the entire
world.
“Whatever obstacles we see are very ephemeral and part of
history of nation building.
“If you read the history of all nations, there is no nation that
does not pass through some challenges.
“But, they got over them and moved ahead; I think we are
getting over our problems,’’ he said.
Earlier, the vice president had prayed for peace and unity in
the country.
He also prayed that Allah would grant the president the
strength, wisdom and good health to lead the country out of
its current challenges.
Among the vice president’s entourage were the National
Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki; the Acting Inspector
General of Police, Mr Suleiman Abba, and former Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) National Chairman, Bello Haliru.
Others included Primate, Church of Nigeria (Anglican
Communion), the Most Rev. Nicholas Okoh; former Speaker of
the House of Representatives, Alhaji Ghali Na’Abba, the
Deputy Chief Imam of Federal Capital Territory, Sheik Ahmed
Onilewura.
The Day of Arafat falls on the 2nd day of pilgrimage activities
in Saudi Arabia.
On this day, the pilgrims make their way from Mecca to a
nearby hillside, Arafat, to pray for peace.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/terrorism-nothing-islam-says-jonathan/

9 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by kekakuz(m): 5:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
What are you?
an imam or a politician

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
rotflmao

i mean, rather than hurt the sensibilities of his brethren.. isn't it best to keep shut?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by koboko69: 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
Maybe the TAN and OcupySocialMedia trolls will drop the moronic idea about APC being a muslim brotherhood thereby sponsoring terrorism now that the cankerworm in chief have tactically tried to buy the hearts of the muslims.

34 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by omenka(m): 5:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
Someone desperately looking for votes where there aren't any. Keep dreaming sir.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Harmthe(m): 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
Gej til' 2019,

its been long o at last, fp tinx

18 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by BrosPeter: 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
GEJ seldom make mistakes but he erred
this time. APC is boko haram and boko haram is APC. Both are fighting for moslem domination.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
frontpage tinz, make i park well
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
coded language

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Macelliot(m): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2014

Jonathan till 2019....

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by eph12(m): 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
Looking for votes aren't you, Mr Jonathan?

3 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by asadike(f): 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
No sir,it has everything 2 do wit me.

6 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
The president has said what a president should say

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
Terrorism has nothing to do with islam, but islam has everything to do with terrorism.

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by emdafe: 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
Jonathan should not make himself the spokeman for muslims. They should speak for themselves but the fact remains that all boko haram are muslims, islamist and Terrorist.

28 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
No wonder Sheik Azubuikareem IhejIrikahim, is he from Islamabad grin grin grin grin grin

emdafe:
Jonathan should not make himself the spokeman for muslims. They should speak for themselves but the fact remains that all boko haram are muslims, islamist and Terrorist.

16 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by lilprinze: 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
I laugh in French. Islam has nothing to do with terrorism yet 99.5% of terrorist in the world today are Muslim's, Islam has nothing to do with terrorism yet BH thanks Allah over their victory after each of their successful insurgency.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by disloman(m): 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
Lolzzzzzzzzzzz.2015 election can make person do anything ooooo.Na 2day?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
lilprinze:
I laugh in French. Islam has nothing to do with terrorism yet 99.5% of terrorist in the world today are Muslim's, Islam has nothing to do with terrorism yet BH thanks Allah over their victory after each of their successful insurgency.
or shout allahu akbar as a battlecry while charging on to destruction.

24 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Jona, dis na lie! Only if the prophet Mohamd had not killed jews, christians and other non muslims in his days then is Islam free from this blame!
But he killed, slaughtered many, raped, robbed and waylaid caravans from trans sahara merchants etc
Islam mode of evangelism is force of sword. The world through UN should be bold enough to proscribe in totality the Quran and Islam from human civilization. Only then can peace be guaranteed to the human race!!
Buh can this ever happen

26 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
Jona, dis na lie! Only if the prophet Mohamd had not killed jews, christians and other non muslims in his days then is Islam free from this blame!
But he killed, slaughtered many, raped, robbed and waylaid caravans from trans sahara merchants etc
Islam mode of evangelism is force of sword. The world through UN should be bold enough to proscribe in totality the Quran and Islam from human civilization. Only then can peace be guaranteed to the human race!!
Buh can this ever happen
ur dreaming, right? Islam is largely based on the bible. meaning that the earliest jews have done similar things to sack the people in canaan to inherit the land of milk and honey.

10 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by eleojo23: 11:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
It is ironic. This is the same way they themselves keep chanting 'it's a religion of peace' and at the same time they are pointing daggers to people's heart and blowing up places. It's a difficult task to try to convince anyone otherwise.

There must be a flaw in either the doctrines of the religion or the way the doctrines are being presented by the islamic teachers. Why are most terrorist acts linked with islam? Why do we rarely see people of other religions perpetrating acts of terror in the name of god? So the fact remains that it is a good breeding ground for terrorism.

#edited

12 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by SOUNDKING: 12:03am On Oct 05, 2014
My brother jona, this na one of d lies we dey take dey clean mouth. Is d koran two?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Ayesman(m): 12:31am On Oct 05, 2014
Whatever the clueless says... But mind him, cos ain't no vote is gonna come from us!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by justi4jesu(f): 5:03am On Oct 05, 2014
Gbam!!!!!!! I AGREEEE...Bite me if you can tongue
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by stevebond007(m): 5:07am On Oct 05, 2014
I agree
How can a so called islamic propaganda group kill innocent muslim people on a festive day? ...
rebels without a cause.

6 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 05, 2014
Is he trying to get on the good side of the muslims........The average muslim is fvcking terrorist angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 05, 2014
emdafe:
Henry okah included abi?

7 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by LMAyedun(m): 5:09am On Oct 05, 2014
Trying to understand GEJ's view, let me put it in a better way.... Terrorism has nothing to do with true Muslims. We all have one or two Muslims as neighbours, they are peaceful people.

BUT another fact is... Wicked extremists found it easier to hide under Islam to propagate their wickedness.

My opinon, I stand to be corrected. I'm a Christian.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Babysho(m): 5:09am On Oct 05, 2014
I do this for my people fightin for front page..

Am A spokeperson for Shekau

Shekau says;
See,my fellow Nigerians,the muslims are the one in charge of the terrorism,they occupy bombing planning department,evlybody i don talk my own o.

We have finished our Wifi Data@ sambisa but pics attached

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by LordMecuzy(m): 5:10am On Oct 05, 2014
True shaaaaa. Our a Main issue are the Northern Muslims they are So Radical to Thier Religion.I Have lots of Friends that are Yoruba, Igala and Auchi Muslims and they are Fun to be with.

THE NORTHERN MUSLIMS ARE NIGERIANS PROBLEM

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Women To Protest Unclad, So That God Will Punish FG / APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator / Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.