Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan (26638 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam / IBB Is Confused, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by experimentist: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
Chuksphil2go:
No wonder Sheik Azubuikareem IhejIrikahim, is he from Islamabad grin grin grin grin grin

grin

U av lafftically wounded someone here o! cry
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by limamintruth: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
All politics, mtschwwwww. sadAll politics, mtschwwwww.
Mr. President is only trying to be diplomatic and nice, but the truth can never be altered and that is: Islam breeds religious terrorists and majority of muslims are religious terrorists' sympathizers; period!

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Macelliot(m): 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
dastranger: A PRAYER FOR # GEJ
SUPPORTERs
--------------- ---------------
--------------- -
1.) May God run ur Life
the way GEJ is running
this country.
2.) May God give u and ur
family the kind of peace
GEJ gives to this country.
3.) May God subsidize ur
blessings the way
Jonathan subsidized the
Nigerian Oil.
4.) May God secure u and
ur entire family the way
GEJ secures this country.
As a Good supporter of
GEJ, all u have to do is to
type "Amen" and disgrace
the General public that he
is God Sent.
*Be brave to type Amen*
All will be well!
God is a Loving Creator.

What if I say, "may ur life be runned d way Nigeria was, before GEJ." would u say Amen?

Rather.....
May God bless you dastranger, may you never experience sorrows in your life, may you be strenghten to overcome all the challenges of life. AMEN.

Politics is a dirty Game....
We were taught in schools, "we are d leaders of tommorow." but see what is happening, the leaders who ruled us in 1970s are still clamouring to rule again....
I'm not a PDP member, all politicians are the same. but reasoning with facts, GEJ is better than them....
I saw the picture on FB, it sounds so funny, so I decides to share it here on Nairaland. I was suprise when I started seeing likes....
Happy Sunday!
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by am0sn0nyu: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
tee4naija:
Good one.But, what do you have to say about those who brought Christianity and colonialism?
Same thing I said to Pagan9JA here who was somehow trying to defend the Arab jihadists.
tee4naija:
What's ur take about CAN president and arms deal exposed in South Africa? would you have had the same opinion if it were to be linked with either d Emir of Kano or Sultan of Sokoto?
Can't comment on the CAN scandal because I did not read/pay much attention to it, just glanced it aside as another one of countless atrocities committed by those standing for Christendom and the Emirates in Nigeria.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by nduchucks: 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
LMAyedun:
Trying to understand GEJ's view, let me put it in a better way.... Terrorism has nothing to do with true Muslims. We all have one or two Muslims as neighbours, they are peaceful people.

BUT another fact is... Wicked extremists found it easier to hide under Islam to propagate their wickedness.

My opinon, I stand to be corrected. I'm a Christian.

Actually, the bolded text above which you claim is factual, is false. The only fact here is that you allowed your prejudices to becloud your better judgement. The people behind the most wicked attrocities known to man including Hiter, Talat Pasha, Josef Mengele, Reinhard Heydrich, Kim Il Sung, Emperor Hirohito, did not hide under Islam to perpetrate their evil. (Google those names if you don't know who they are)

Lets not forget the Crusades which were military campaigns sanctioned by the Latin Roman Catholic Church during the High Middle Ages and Late Middle Ages. That pope certainly did not hide under Islam.

Evil people are evil, and they will hide under Islam, Christianity, and any other religion to perpetrate their crimes. True Islam and Christianity are religions of peace. Less than 0.0000001% of Christains or Moslems bastardize these religions by killing, maiming, defrauding innocent believers with fake miracles, and comitting other evil acts in the name of religion.

Please put things in the proper perspective, else you'll inadvertently spread hate.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
san316:
And personally, I believe that even without the religious division and the crisis associated with it, the world wouldn't be any more peaceful. That's due to the fact that crisis is an inherent part of human nature and has been since time immemorial. Go through the history of europe and Africa even before the advent of religion, u'll see that it has been about more gruesome wars and hatred. No matter what, in every society at any point in time, there is always a cause for conflict one way or the other. Years ago it was about empires, spheres of control etc, today it is religion and tomorrow it'll be something else.
You are absolutely right. Given that in this age and time and the proportion of world population affiliated one group or the other, is it more efficient to ride on the back of this belief system in promotion of world peace? Even in the days when the greed for land and the quest for expansion of the empire was the reason for unleashing terror on human population, the justication for their actions was also tied to their religious belives/injuction. Which boils down to that no matter how they spin it, if only we could or those responsible for menting untold terror to others could embrace the part of their religious teaching that promotes peace we sure would experience some peace no matter the century .
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by dammytosh: 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
GEJ constantly deceiving the masses since one term negotiation. grin grin grin

So those beheading and shouting Alahu Akbar are Osun or ifa worshippers.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by san316(m): 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
woodcook:
You are absolutely right. Given that in this age and time and the proportion of world population affiliated one group or the other, is it more efficient to ride on the back of this belief system in promotion of world peace? Even in the days when the greed for land and the quest for expansion of the empire was the reason for unleashing terror on human population, the justication for their actions was also tied to their religious belives/injuction. Which boils down to that no matter how they spin it, if only we could or those responsible for menting untold terror to others could embrace the part of their religious teaching that promotes peace we sure would experience some peace no matter the century .
the bottom line is that human beings are naturally selfish and they can do anything to achieve their selfish goals. They use different pretexes. Religion is mostly used because it gives no explanation and its doctrines must not be questioned. Telling mankind to stop wars is like telling them to give up their personal interests for another's.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by dastranger(m): 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
Macelliot:

All will be well!
God is a Loving Creator.

What if I say, "may ur life be runned d way Nigeria was, before GEJ." would u say Amen?

Rather.....
May God bless you dastranger, may you never experience sorrows in your life, may you be strenghten to overcome all the challenges of life. AMEN.

Politics is a dirty Game....
We were taught in schools, "we are d leaders of tommorow." but see what is happening, the leaders who ruled us in 1970s are still clamouring to rule again....
I'm not a PDP member, all politicians are the same. but reasoning with facts, GEJ is better than them....
I saw the picture on FB, it sounds so funny, so I decides to share it here on Nairaland. I was suprise when I started seeing likes....
Happy Sunday!

Forgive my anger. it pisses me when pple say till 2019 like the guy deserves it. I also don't belong to a party, but don't tell me he's better after seeing what has happened so far in his tenure.. The truth is we were lied to that we re the leaders of tomorrow when were young. This same mr president once said he won't go beyond 2015..A man that cannot keep to his own words, is definitely not trust worthy. peace!

#we need fresh blood!

2 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by abbeywasc(m): 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
woodcook:
Your response sounds logical but you and l know that was not what I meant. Hahaha, Though you pointed out if been attacked you would retaliate not defend yourself. The point is that I think when people come down hard on Muslims you should understand that the reason is as result of Muslim having the concept of retaliation embedded in their teaching and the no turning the other cheek teaching. I am a free thinker and I think at this age and time every religious person should embrace that part of their teaching that fosters peaceful coexistence even if it makes you seem weak and espurge themselves of those teaching that could easily turn them into terror in the hands of ungruntle element. Personally I think world peace is easier to achieve given that a vast majority of the world population are affiliated to one religion or the other and capitalizing on the part that preach peaceful coexistence and respect for people of other faith would go a long way in promoting world peace.
first time i'm commenting on a religious thread but u sound quite intelligent dt i just gotta clarify.
islam doesnt encourage retaliation but defense commensurate wt d aggression of the enemy. it expressly forbids killing the aged, children, women and does not allow mutulation of dead bodies, decapitation of prisoners etc. it is on record dt before the advent of american aggressions, war of domination and propaganda, the muslim world has always been seen as just as exemplified by the ottoman empire. infact when Emperor Kamil defeated d army of christiandom, he provided dem with food for there journey bk home. the same can be said of emperor Salladin( Sallahudeen).
in a quote by one of the knight templars he said "when Salladin entered jerusalem, not a soul was lost, but when we entered not a tree was left standing"
if ds great empire at its height and at a time europe was militarily weak did not carry out acts of terrorism, y now when dey are militarily weak. the only explanation is America. its rise to power destroyed d equilibrium of the world. since its inception, d world has seen the rise of terrorism, agression(ww1, ww2, vietnam, gulf war, serbia, libya, syria, iraq, afghanistan etc) but lets ask ourselves, when foreigners invade ur lands, kill ur father, rape ur sisters and mother and decapitate ur uncles while u watch, will u be able to resist striking back?
the bombing of hiroshima and nagashaki are the greatest act of terrorism yet no US general, leader, or congressman has answered for it. but wat dis saddam hussein do to merit death? did germany use such weapons? yet they and japanese were victim of Nuremberg trials. serbia and libya were bombed extensively under d guise of liberating them, are those country better of today? it is in the interest of USA for there to be strife in Eastern Europe and Arabia so that they can hold on to their advantages.
who armed the Afghans?
who armed this ISIS?
how does controlled american weapons reach ds pple? CIA.
US labels anytn dt goes against them as terrorism.
they placed SRBMs in turkey, england, france etc and encircle Russia and termed it as defense. Russia does d same in Cuba and America calls it agression. is Cuba american territory?
i do agree dt dia are muslim fanatics, but there are xtisn fanatics too. fanatism exist in all religion. will a yoruba muslim carry arms against xtians? but the Hausa tribe are a race of warriors(note: i'm nt tryin to start a tribal bashing)
letz tolerate each other, its plain dt the two religions will not become extinct in the forseeable future( somebody said the UN shud poscribe islam, is dt nt extremesism?)

by the way for those that care to read
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_military_jurisprudence
there are other texts but i tnk pple can research dem if dey wish. gracias

3 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by coputa(m): 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
A good politician tell lies in a polite way,especially when he need your vote
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by macof(m): 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
Macelliot:

Jonathan till 2019....

No vacancy till 2027
After Jonathan, a calabar man takes over cheesy

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by kobonaire(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ilekere:

I am not referring to the video, but to the western painting of Islam in general.
the west does not, do you know how many Muslims live in western countries?
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by medamillion(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2014
GEJ,u don't av 2 tell them, even if Prophet Isa(Jesus-May Allah be pleased wit him) comes down 2 tell them, those who will not accept will nt...may it nt b too late b4 they come 2 understand.#Islam remains a religion of PEACE# becareful what you say.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Mintayo(m): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
The President is just deceiving himself, many muslim will not vote for him,they dislike him with all their guts,even the ones with him in aso rock sef!
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
medamillion:
GEJ,u don't av 2 tell them, even if Prophet Isa(Jesus-May Allah be pleased wit him) comes down 2 tell them, those who will not accept will nt...may it nt b too late b4 they come 2 understand.#Islam remains a religion of PEACES# becareful what you say.

u say?
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by omoagbeke(m): 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
But why are som pple having headache over this?
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by suptol(m): 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
For your satisfied, classical graphic designs, kindly contact Suptol Designs. A brand for the job.

Below is a link to his portfolio and contact details.

https://www.nairaland.com/1841535/suptol-designs-portfolio
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
kobonaire:
the west does not, do you know how many Muslims live in western countries?

Do you understand what you're saying?
I'm ending the conversation here. No time to waste.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by kobonaire(m): 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ilekere:
Do you understand what you're saying?
I'm ending the conversation here. No time to waste.
That's OK. Not like you we making any arguments that made much sense....
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by festico: 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
what do u pple rather have him say as the president of nigeria and soe one who is also seeking re-election.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by mormodica(m): 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ilekere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzusSqcotDw

[size=15pt]There are several reasons why I liked this video as a non-muslim, but my favorite has to be, and I quote "Islam does not promote violence or Peace. Like every religion in the world, it depends on what you bring to it. If you're a violent person and you're islam, you're judaism, you're christian, you're Buddhist, it's going to be violent" (4:49- 5:01)[/size]

I don't follow the anti-Islam wagon the USA is trying to pull. As an African, a minority, and a professional, I especially understand how the western media propagates bias towards different idealism, people, and opposition.
your response is too matured for nairaland.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by abbeywasc(m): 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
mormodica:
your response is too matured for nairaland.
seconded

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by maclatunji: 4:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
koboko69:
Maybe the TAN and OcupySocialMedia trolls will drop the moronic idea about APC being a muslim brotherhood thereby sponsoring terrorism now that the cankerworm in chief have tactically tried to buy the hearts of the muslims.

Those ones are too desperate to stop.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
abbeywasc:

first time i'm commenting on a religious thread but u sound quite intelligent dt i just gotta clarify.
islam doesnt encourage retaliation but defense commensurate wt d aggression of the enemy. it expressly forbids killing the aged, children, women and does not allow mutulation of dead bodies, decapitation of prisoners etc. it is on record dt before the advent of american aggressions, war of domination and propaganda, the muslim world has always been seen as just as exemplified by the ottoman empire. infact when Emperor Kamil defeated d army of christiandom, he provided dem with food for there journey bk home. the same can be said of emperor Salladin( Sallahudeen).
in a quote by one of the knight templars he said "when Salladin entered jerusalem, not a soul was lost, but when we entered not a tree was left standing"
if ds great empire at its height and at a time europe was militarily weak did not carry out acts of terrorism, y now when dey are militarily weak. the only explanation is America. its rise to power destroyed d equilibrium of the world. since its inception, d world has seen the rise of terrorism, agression(ww1, ww2, vietnam, gulf war, serbia, libya, syria, iraq, afghanistan etc) but lets ask ourselves, when foreigners invade ur lands, kill ur father, rape ur sisters and mother and decapitate ur uncles while u watch, will u be able to resist striking back?
the bombing of hiroshima and nagashaki are the greatest act of terrorism yet no US general, leader, or congressman has answered for it. but wat dis saddam hussein do to merit death? did germany use such weapons? yet they and japanese were victim of Nuremberg trials. serbia and libya were bombed extensively under d guise of liberating them, are those country better of today? it is in the interest of USA for there to be strife in Eastern Europe and Arabia so that they can hold on to their advantages.
who armed the Afghans?
who armed this ISIS?
how does controlled american weapons reach ds pple? CIA.
US labels anytn dt goes against them as terrorism.
they placed SRBMs in turkey, england, france etc and encircle Russia and termed it as defense. Russia does d same in Cuba and America calls it agression. is Cuba american territory?
i do agree dt dia are muslim fanatics, but there are xtisn fanatics too. fanatism exist in all religion. will a yoruba muslim carry arms against xtians? but the Hausa tribe are a race of warriors(note: i'm nt tryin to start a tribal bashing)
letz tolerate each other, its plain dt the two religions will not become extinct in the forseeable future( somebody said the UN shud poscribe islam, is dt nt extremesism?)

by the way for those that care to read
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_military_jurisprudence
there are other texts but i tnk pple can research dem if dey wish. gracias
. Your arguement is not out of place. Men from historical past had always try to dominate others, but if a bid to justify their ways they have spinned their religious to support their actions. Unfortunately this is not perculiar to Islam just thatin this day and time it is unfortunate that Muslim appears to be the aggressors. Mind you this does not make less any of the atrocities that have been comitted in the past by people of other faith. My point is every religion has got some teachings that could led credence to the reason why people should attack people of other faith, likewise teachings that center on peaceful coexistence among people of different faith. Given that the majority of mankind is affiated to a particular faith, dont you think that if they all (utopia) focus practise the part that encourages tolerance and peaceful coexistence the world would experience some peace.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by DaBullIT(m): 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
And the first MuMgerian fumbles again
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by closearms(m): 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
BrosPeter:
GEJ seldom make mistakes but he erred
this time. APC is boko haram and boko haram is APC. Both are fighting for moslem domination.
you know noting about and bokoharam .
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Lilswaghanxum(m): 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
I really have tried finding answers to to this questions but i guess i haven't got any. In as much as so many religion practiced violently before but ryt nw a whole lot of them have stopped being violent. The question now is y cnt islam be practiced peacefully?
With regards to the president's comment,i guess he meant the opposite. He said that to caress their egos,even a day old baby wudnt tek dat comment cwious.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Rapture4real(m): 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
The President's statement is very wrong.Jihadism is terrorism.The fanatical Muslims know.it is in Quran to behead, kill and force to convert to Islam.d President said so to save his head
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Truman155(m): 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Harmthe:
Gej til' 2019,

its been long o at last, fp tinx
unlike
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by VivaLaFrans: 8:43pm On Oct 05, 2014
omenka:
Someone desperately looking for votes where there aren't any. Keep dreaming sir.
I pray that you, and people who speaks against GEJ like you becomes president somedays, lets seee how you'll lead us...
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by noordean(m): 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
LMAyedun:
Trying to understand GEJ's view, let me put it in a better way.... Terrorism has nothing to do with true Muslims. We all have one or two Muslims as neighbours, they are peaceful people.

BUT another fact is... Wicked extremists found it easier to hide under Islam to propagate their wickedness.

My opinon, I stand to be corrected. I'm a Christian.
Baba wa gbayi! Na u get sense pass 4 here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

El-Rufai: Ikeja, Kano, PH, Other NBA Branches Shun Call To Boycott AGM / Mr President, This Policy Is Anti-People - Wike To Buhari On New Naira (Video) / FIRE OUTBREAK Will Not Affect The Upcoming General Elections- INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.