Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan (26628 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam / IBB Is Confused, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 05, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzusSqcotDw

[size=15pt]There are several reasons why I liked this video as a non-muslim, but my favorite has to be, and I quote "Islam does not promote violence or Peace. Like every religion in the world, it depends on what you bring to it. If you're a violent person and you're islam, you're judaism, you're christian, you're Buddhist, it's going to be violent" (4:49- 5:01)[/size]

I don't follow the anti-Islam wagon the USA is trying to pull. As an African, a minority, and a professional, I especially understand how the western media propagates bias towards different idealism, people, and opposition.

4 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 05, 2014
Is this GEJ dude drunk or what? undecided
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by kendrick93(m): 6:17am On Oct 05, 2014
i dissagree.it is well known most moslims hav a terrorist trait inside of dem
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by McLuhan(m): 6:17am On Oct 05, 2014
I agree. Just the same way HIV has nothing to do with AIDS.

2 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by TeamSimple(m): 6:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Kai,who help Jonathan contruct this speech,the person deservel nobel peace prize for literatute. He right for those who thinks normally.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by johnikwoyi: 6:20am On Oct 05, 2014
eleojo23:
This is high level sarcasm. This is the same way they themselves keep chanting 'it's a religion of peace' and at the same time they are pointing daggers to peoples heart and blowing up places. It's an uphill task to convince anyone otherwise.
very true

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by anonimi: 6:23am On Oct 05, 2014
The man is THEORETICALLY correct.

Would anyone say the Irish Republican Army (IRA) and its several derivatives carried out their TERRORIST acts in the name of Christianity
Those who want to learn more about the IRA can START here =>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_organisations_known_as_the_Irish_Republican_Army

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:25am On Oct 05, 2014
Jonathan, where were you when Olisah Metuh was calling APC and Islamic party and sponsor of Boko Haram? You indirect supported him, thinking you could win sympathy. But you were too clueless to know that the votes of christians alone cannot guarantee you victory.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:27am On Oct 05, 2014
anonimi:
The man is THEORETICALLY correct.

Would anyone say the Irish republican Army (IRA) and its several derivatives carried out their TERRORIST acts in the name of Christianity
Those who want to learn more about the IRA can START here =>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_organisations_known_as_the_Irish_Republican_Army
Does the Lord Resistance Army in Uganda led by Joseph act in the name of Islam?

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by anonimi: 6:30am On Oct 05, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Does the Lord Resistance Army in Uganda led by Joseph act in the name of Islam?

or in the name of Christianity
This is from Wikipedia =>

The Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), also known as the Lord's Resistance Movement, is a militant movement which has been described variously as being quasi-Christian, "Christianist," extremist Christian, or as a new religious movement or a cult which operated in northern Uganda and South Sudan. Originally known as the United Holy Salvation Army and Uganda Christian Army/Movement, its stated goals include ruling Uganda according to the Ten Commandments.

Since 2005 there have been claims that the group has entered the Democratic Republic of Congo, and in 2007 it was reported that it was in Central African Republic. The LRA has been accused of widespread human rights violations, including murder, abduction, mutilation, child-sex slavery, and forcing children to participate in hostilities.

The LRA was initially formed to resist the Uganda People's Defence Force (UPDF), called the National Resistance Army (NRA) before it took control of the country. The NRA/UPDF has been accused of widespread murder, rape, and pillage. In June 2006, Radhika Coomaraswamy, the UN's special representative for children, found more than 5000 children recruited in the Ugandan government army.

Ideologically, LRA believe in African mysticism and Christian fundamentalism. It claims to be establishing a theocratic state based on the Ten Commandments and local Acholi tradition.

The group is led by Joseph Kony.

More from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by blognetbase(m): 6:31am On Oct 05, 2014
See how ISIS Beheads another British Aid Worker http://legitnaija./2014/10/05/isis-beheads-another-british-aid-worker/

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by niggereyez(f): 6:31am On Oct 05, 2014
this kind of statement just to win the nothern votes in 2015
#r.etarded#
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 05, 2014
This guy is unaware of that its emboded in the islamic religion...... He should ask what's the major motive behind 'Boko Haram'
https://www.nairaland.com/1933591/free-terror
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Cabsso(m): 6:33am On Oct 05, 2014
All the comments comin from christians nd paintin islam black, why r d muslim brothers nd sisters not commentin? May b u guys r lookn at d mata my own way 2, any attempt made 2put dis christians 2d right path wil lead 2more ignorant response as such gentle muslims keep short. Remember haters can only make u grow stronger am happy bin a muslim.

3 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by smallJagaban: 6:35am On Oct 05, 2014
FOOLISH PRESIDENT EVER RULETH - GOODLUCK

JUST BECAUSE OF 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

#HE KNOWS THAT SOUTH SOUTH AND SOUTH EAST VOTE'S CAN'T BRING HIM BACK
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 05, 2014
I definetly do not agree with u mr president because...

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by olaeffect(m): 6:35am On Oct 05, 2014
LMAyedun:
Trying to understand GEJ's view, let me put it in a better way.... Terrorism has nothing to do with true Muslims. We all have one or two Muslims as neighbours, they are peaceful people.

BUT another fact is... Wicked extremists found it easier to hide under Islam to propagate their wickedness.

My opinon, I stand to be corrected. I'm a Christian.

My concern is how do you know who is a true Muslim when you are not a Muslim. The extremist say they are the true Muslim, the conservatives say the extremist are not true Muslim.
My best friend is a Muslim (from a family of great imams) and we don't discuss religion, but an uncle of his (an imam) once told him in my presence that it is wrong for him to be good friends with me a non-muslim, I felt bad that day.
Therefore I got thinking since that day, who is a real Muslim my friend or his uncle?

5 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by anonimi: 6:38am On Oct 05, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Jonathan, where were you when Olisah Metuh was calling APC and Islamic party and sponsor of Boko Haram? You indirect supported him, thinking you could win sympathy. But you were too clueless to know that the votes of christians alone cannot guarantee you victory.

I hope you can share with us the statement from Metuh from a credible source, otherwise you will be the one who is "too clueless to know" that you do NOT share rumours anyhow in public!

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by greaterlove(m): 6:38am On Oct 05, 2014
Every sane person both Christian and Muslim wants peace. Wants to excel in life and enjoy the beautiful things life has to offer. Wants to see their children grow and influence their community positively. No sane human either Christian or Muslim prays for war. That some bad elements uses their religion as an excuse for evil does not make others bad, and we have such elements both in Christianity and in Islam. What units us is far greater than what is trying to tear us apart and until we realize that we are first all humans created by God, breathing the same air, walking on the same earth, having the same urge to feed, grow, procreate, habouring the same fear for the unknown before ever being tagged a Christian or a Muslim we will continue to fight over meaningless things.

5 Likes

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by eunisam: 6:44am On Oct 05, 2014
All i know is that,islam is the religion of (P) as in pieces .thus you cannot disassociate terrorism from islams.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:44am On Oct 05, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
coded language
words and opposite

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by soludo93(m): 6:45am On Oct 05, 2014
President's refusal to learn history reflects on his selective, bigoted and sad speeches. All over the world, terrorists groups are Islam zealots and GEJ could not find a connection. Shame!

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by Raiders: 6:45am On Oct 05, 2014
All the 3 major religion holy books promotes violence. The old testament of the bible is filled with violence and killing of non jews. The Muslim and Jewish books is also fill with violence and killing of non believers. Religion has done man no good but brought wars, killing, discriminations and division
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by udemzyudex(m): 6:48am On Oct 05, 2014
GEJ is trying to make these people feel happy....
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by cole265(m): 6:49am On Oct 05, 2014
LMAyedun:
Trying to understand GEJ's view, let me put it in a better way.... Terrorism has nothing to do with true Muslims. We all have one or two Muslims as neighbours, they are peaceful people.

BUT another fact is... Wicked extremists found it easier to hide under Islam to propagate their wickedness.

My opinon, I stand to be corrected. I'm a Christian.

Daft and clueless Jonathan must thank you for this. I think English is his problem. He even find it difficult yo express himself clearly.

Ode president.

Well, I still prefare him to Atiku or buhari sha.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by 9Ace: 6:49am On Oct 05, 2014
Diplomacy sometimes requires tactical dishonesty. GEJ, being the father of the nation and coupled with the fact that he is of a different religious persuasion would be foolish to make inflammatory statement that would upset the delicate balance of religion-induced disquiet in the nation.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by olaeffect(m): 6:52am On Oct 05, 2014
Raiders:
All the 3 major religion holy books promotes violence. The old testament of the bible is filled with violence and killing of non jews. The Muslim and Jewish books is also fill with violence and killing of non believers. Religion has done man no good but brought wars, killing, discriminations and division

Man is just simply wicked. Take away religion as you see it and man will get something else.
Even an advert on super sport sometimes back claimed; "football is my religion" grin and you know how fights have happened at football events.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by eligibility: 6:53am On Oct 05, 2014
BrosPeter:
GEJ seldom make mistakes but he erred
this time. APC is boko haram and boko haram is APC. Both are fighting for moslem domination.

Are you alright?
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by lonelydora: 6:53am On Oct 05, 2014
shachris03:
Terrorism has nothing to do with islam, but islam has everything to do with terrorism.
You can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by TheSuccessful: 6:54am On Oct 05, 2014
shachris03:
Terrorism has nothing to do with islam, but islam has everything to do with terrorism.
shallow thought! haven 't u heard that it is Christians that sponsor and buy ammunitions for thugs to tarnish the image of islam? killing muslims and diguising as peace makers. Ur secrets are leaking.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by cole265(m): 6:56am On Oct 05, 2014
Raiders:

Old testament.

Now, we live the new testament and make reference to the old testament that established the new. The violence in the old testament gives appreciation of the peace in the New testament. It also offer historical relevance.
Re: Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan by eligibility: 6:58am On Oct 05, 2014
Raiders:

You are speaking out of context

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

‘buhari’s Academic Records Intact’ / Sargwak Longnap Wazhi Murdered In Cold Blood By Gunmen (Pictured) / Okorocha Gives Imo Workers 18-Day Christmas Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.