Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (305516 Views)

BREAKING: Uk’s Prime Minister Defies Obama, Makes Huge Announcement About Christ / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by paulipopo(m): 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2009
KunleOshob:

@paulipopo
angry It was not very nice of you to abandon your lectures on "how to become a super rich holy business man". You just left your students hanging with no conclude post to the series of lectures.

I am sorry kunle, My school project, examination plus my part time job needed my attention so much that I had to abadon the lectures.

I am more chanced now and will resurrect the course next week.

Till then.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Pepeye(f): 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2009
@
john

Shush! you must have your head in clouds if you think this your unsubstantiated and wobbly thread has any impact on us or the church and we don’t need to prove anything to you here on the net . . . this is internet afterall anyone can use photoshop and fake a pix tongue
If you want us to prove anything real! You just have to go to the nearest CE church in Real land and not in nairaland . . Mischief-maker!!

Beyond all this “It’s better to light a candle than to curse darkness”

One simple but crucial fact is the Word works in Christ Embasssssssy!!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by MrCrackles(m): 9:27pm On Jan 29, 2009
Everything na scam, fucking scam!!! angry
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2009
Pepeye:

@
john

Shush! you must have your head in clouds if you think this your unsubstantiated and wobbly thread has any impact on us or the church and we don’t need to prove anything to you here on the net . . . this is internet afterall anyone can use photoshop and fake a pix tongue
If you want us to prove anything real! You just have to go to the nearest CE church in Real land and not in nairaland . . Mischief-maker!!

@pepeye,
FYI, I'm not in competition with CE, neither am I plotting its downfall. The truth I have revealed is out of a sense of responsibility. If you have taken note, you'd observe that I even encourage people to visit the healing school and find out these truths themselves. its so clear why your type would argue blindly about this issue because like ychrist, you may not have 'stepped a foot in the healing school' let alone stay to observe the organised trickery of chris oyakhilome and his CEC associates.
To the glory of God and the shame of the devil, I have personally been contacted by several people, many of whom are his church leaders who had been hoodwinked by chris and his manipulative ministry but are ready to break free. some of these folks had at one time or the other experienced similar strange anomalies but have been waiting for an explanation which never came.
Let me remind you once more pepeye; I am not in a fight with CE, its not a matter of who wins or loses but a matter of truth.
'one little leaven leaveneth the whole lump'
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2009
Pepeye:

@
john

why do you always sound so defensive? You rarely make a point beyond just attacking the person of SirJohn or anyone else that questions your non-scriptural beliefs.

i have a problem with this infantile "the word works in CE" phrase that so many of you gullible sheep use to justify the perfidy that goes on in your congregation. Large congregations, emotionally charged services, bottomless pits of money, selective amnesia, religious hallucinations are not proof that "the word works". Did not Judas Iscariot also cast out demons with the 700?
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 30, 2009
Pepeye pls post your insults here. grin
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2009
Pepeye where are your insults? Let your brethren see your true nature exposed here pls. grin
Stop decieving them with spiritual jingoism only to go to other threads to curse.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by allboyz(m): 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2009
@ SIRJOHN / TOPIC. . .

"Father Lord,Forgive them. . . for they know NOT,neither do they understand,for they walk on in Darkness.

I'm a Bonified member of Christ Embassy. . .this is NOT a Church. . .is BIG TIME more than a Church,rather its a VISION,A FAMILY,Where the divine LOVE OF GOD is shared abroad in our HEART.

God Bless YOU MIGHTILY!!!!!
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by allboyz(m): 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Everything na scam, fucking scam!!! angry

Not true Dear  tongue
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 8:55am On Jan 31, 2009
allboyz:

"Father Lord,Forgive them. . . for they know NOT,neither do they understand,for they walk on in Darkness.

I think that line applies more to you, your pastor and his worshipers followers tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by goldenterp(f): 8:30pm On Jan 31, 2009
Hi all, sir John's quotes are in black and mine in red

Many have wondered and would like to know the truth about healing and miracle claims from the healing school of Christ Embassy. I’d like say a few things about the genuineness of these miracles which have sparked endless questions. What I’m about to say may sound shocking to you but it is the truth. it is a first hand account of my experience at the healing school.

I also have an experience with the healing ministry of Christ Embassy, but its nothin close to yours, for me I experienced a miracle and 'observed' that other people got healed.now question is since we have to opposing experiences, who should the readers believe?

What you see on loveworld videos/TV, especially miracle testimonies no matter how believable they appear, are simply what Pastor Chris and his TV crew wants you to see
ok this is suggesting to me that there's something else YOU want me to see, henceit is what YOU want me to see, (i'm simply using the same measure you have used to church the Christ embassy healing ministry to judge you.

. The truth is that a larger number of people including his pastors, partners and even you hardly ever know what goes on behind the camera scenes.

are these the same Pastors and partners you attended the session with? If so, only you saw what you saw? Or did any other pastor or partner at that particular session see what YOU saw? if so i'd like to know them, sure they care about the church of God/body of christ and will be willing to share THEIR  experience with me

I was at healing school May 2008 session and the discoveries I made blew my mind and shook the very foundation of my faith. I spent a total of 4 weeks at the healing (it had two sessions and each ran for two weeks) this period of time at the healing school afforded me the opportunity to observe certain unusual happenings which I must reveal.I have been a member and a consistent financial partner of the ministry since 2004. Pastor Chris Oyakhilome had been my role model, mentor, prophet and father

( when did u get born again, have you received the Holy spirit, did you attend the foundation school of the ministry, did you join any group, what was your designstion and who was your leader, and do you have a report of your activities in the group? also were you in another church before CE, if so where and why did u leave?, i'd like to have some kind of bacjground info abt you sir, hope u dont mind

. I have followed his teachings and doctrines to the letter so much that you couldn't talk with me for 10 Min's without knowing I was his follower.
it really shouldnt be up to 10mins, say 3mins more like, if you've followed  the teachings to the letter.

I had taken someone who was wheelchair bound as a result of spinal cord injury to the Healing school with hope that Pastor Chris would minister to him at the end of the session (at least this is what I was made to believe from several healing school publications) but this was not to be, and the events that followed were shocking and beyond my imagination.

( As a memeber of the ministry who was very involved, i would have expected that you would have spoken to you leader about this person you brought to the healing school, BEFORE and after you both atended the session, no? what did your leader make of your 'observations'?

After the first session, there was to be a healing service where the students having received faith to be healed, were put on the healing line to be ministered to by Pastor Chris. This was where my questions started. The reason is that not only did we not make it to the healing line but several other folks with obvious physical disabilities were also not put on the healing line. I made efforts to find out the criteria for the selection that was made;

(what was your approach to 'finding out'? could you tell us more about that

this was what I found out:
I discovered that all wheelchair cases taken to the healing line for ministration were people whose conditions were not such that they couldn't stand or walk. in other words, the people you see popping out of wheelchairs  in those videos can both previously stand and walk.
i.e they didnt need to be at the healing school? hmm, so where did they come from?

They are carefully selected through a process I will discuss later.

Secondly, to my utter amazement, I also discovered that several other people whom I had seen on different occasions walking around the hall unaided and without any sign of pain or disability during the two weeks session were put on wheelchairs or made to lie on stretchers during this healing service.

(are you saying you studied these people from day one that you got to the healing school? you should have been focused on hearing the word of God that was being given to you guys , to have least have faith for your invalid, but anyway did you approach any one of them to ask questions.if so, what did you ask them and what did they say to you?

After much waiting, the “Man of God” walks in touching every one on the healing line and then proceeds to the wheelchair section; with one touch here and there he instructs them to get up “and they do” wild shouts of excitement reverberated across the auditorium as partners and pastors who have been specially invited to witness the miracles jumped for joy. I felt like sinking through the solid ground, I couldn’t believe my eyes. Once in a while I would utter a word of prayer, I’d say: “Lord please don’t let this be what I think”

I remember a particular man who came for that session; he had been involved in a motor accident which left him with a spinal injury. He had difficulty walking normally because he couldn’t bend both knees while walking (I had seen him walking) he came with a neck guard and two crutches to support himself p. I observed that two days after coming to the healing school, he started exercising his faith by moving around without the neck guard and crutches, that was how he moved around for two weeks. During the healing service, I was shocked to see the same man with his neck guard and crutches which he hadn't used for two weeks.

so you are saying he got healed the 1st day at the healing school, why didnt he leave? was he waiting for someone or something that he believed the healer would transfer to him e.g the healing annointing, cos i think if he got healed day one since you said he hadnt used the stuff for two weeks, why would he continue for 2wks?

Pastor Chris prayed for him and took the neck guard off as though it was a big deal
''As though it was a big deal' sounds to  me like you conclude that pastor Chris was acting hence ur mind saw it like that

, the congregation applauded and stood to their feet as he went on to take the crutches from the man; he then asked the man to walk. The man obviously walked but not any better than he had walked for two weeks without Pastor Chris praying for him.

After the service, as the partners left the hall, the students and the “healed” were asked to wait behind. I observed that one of the two ladies who got out of the wheelchair half an hour ago(but she did get out of her chair) quietly sat back in her wheelchair with a pale look on her face, the people who brought her all the way from Benin didn't seem like they had seen a miracle; this puzzled me more.
i thought you said 'all the wheelchair cases t brought to the fron were not such that they couldnt stand or walk'

if people on the wheel chair were supposed to be actors how come she ddnnt just get up like nothing was wrong with her in the first place?

The borrowed wheelchairs were returned to the real owners as I looked with great surprise.

Please see the link below:
http://www.christembassyhealingschool.org/new/images/pdf/August2008.pdf
the lady in page 14 (in blue jacket) is the one I'm refering to in the last paragraph. She could both stand and walk before the ministration by Pastor Chris.

The young man in page 15 is reported to have been "unable to walk without a walking frame" yet I had seen him on many ocassions before the healing service walk around without that frame.

The woman in page 16 did not even come to the healing school with a wheelchair; the wheelchair you see does not belong to her

To be continued…[/color]

[color=#990000]sir John, you are believable, but your account is not sir. like i said this is what you want me to belive like you said this is what pastor chris and his people want us to believe, but at the end of the day, i am not you and I dont believe what someone wants me to believe, so you have not convinced me sir. But i would really appreciate if you can go further in your investigations of these miracles(i dont think u ever believed they were ever happening,that much i gathered  from your right up, so i dnt knw why u took a sick folk there in the first place)maybe change your methodology, u knw, come with your own graphics and be more sophisticated and we mighht just be convinced.Dont get me wrong i'm not saying you didnt see what you thought you saw, just help me to belive your story.

i dont know who you are , whats the integrity of these things you talked about her? it lies in the account you've given us. a very smart mind can decipher a few things about your write up,  can read inbetween the lines.especially if they understand the questions I hav asked you
I'm sure that if you expect us to not believe pastor Chris just like that, why should we believe you just like that
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2009
@goldenterp,
Sorry to say this but your questions are the least intelligent I've seen on this thread. Though dumb, most the questions have been answered on this thread. You are either not so intelligent yourself or you were in a hurry to post. I'll answer your questions if I percieve an ounce of sense in them
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by goldenterp(f): 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2009
@sir john
thanks for the complements smiley
but you didnt quite answer my questions

i'd like to meet you, seriuosly

goldenterp
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2009
Where is miss pepeye and her troop of hypocrites masquerading in religious language but inside are ravening wolves? Why do you hide in other threads to curse sirjohn?

What a disgrace you lot have become.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 3:58am On Feb 02, 2009
goldenterp:

@sir john
thanks for the complements smiley
but you didnt quite answer my questions

i'd like to meet you, seriuosly

goldenterp

I would also love to, but I prefer we discuss whatever issues here on this thread. I've recently had over a dozen meetings already with CE pastors, group pastors, deacons and leaders. I will soon discuss some of the shocking responses I got from these meetings; right now, I think I've heard enough  grin grin
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by goldenterp(f): 10:18am On Feb 02, 2009
Oh that was just to put a face to the post, you really dont have to show your face if you dont want to.

i'm just asking that you extend your 'sense of responsibility to me by answering my questions, also reveal the 'shocking' responses you got from these church leaders you have met.

so that we can decide for ourselves how shocking they are.

since you prefer the discussions on the thread, then by all means mention these leaders names.otherwise they will just be imaginary ones, if you know what I mean.

I am carrying out my own investigations and surely you can be of help yeah?

you cannt stop now that one more person wants to know the truth.I f you stop now many will be forced to believe that you dont want to be investigated, you just want people to take your word for it,

what say you?
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 02, 2009
SirJohn:

I would also love to, but I prefer we discuss whatever issues here on this thread. I've recently had over a dozen meetings already with CE pastors, group pastors, deacons and leaders. I will soon discuss some of the shocking responses I got from these meetings; right now, I think I've heard enough grin grin

be careful . . . those pretentious religious pharisees are now going around stalking with murder in their eyes. grin
You'd be shocked some of the things they say when they know fellow CE "brethren" arent around the corner listening.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2009
goldenterp:

I am carrying out my own investigations and surely you can be of help yeah?

Young man, yes I can be of help: visit the healing school of christ embassy yourself like I have said a gazillion times. There should be a session on right now in Lagos. Go feed your curious young mind there.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by goldenterp(f): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2009
I have, but i didnt make such observations as you've described in your first post.

, and you are yet to answer any of MY questions, according to you they are 'the least intelligent on this thread and dumb', that my friend has not anwered the questions I have asked you, merely an observation from you, AGAIN!

If you ask me, I think you are evading my questions, whatever reasons you have for doing that, are they greater than your 'sense of responsility'?
Remember my friend that i dont know nothing about you apart from the posts you've put up here, so as far as I know, YOU ARE YOUR POSTS, and when I replied to your post , you came back sounding irritated.

maybe you expected only just two distinct reactions from people to your post:

you must be right cos \i have always questioned this fake miracles from pastor Chris i see on TV, I am on your side

OR

all you haters of pastor Chris you have come again o! I am not on your side.

what about those who have not thrown the farmiliar 'touch not my annointed' scripture as immunity for Pastor Chris at you? Because they know that fake men of God actually do exist and want to get to the end of this matter. They have been to the healing school (just incase you ask them to go there), and they have not seen what you have seen, yet want to reason with you , but you call them unintelligent and refuse to answer questions that point directly at you.

more and more it has become difficult for me to rule out the thought that you might just be angry at someone, some people, or some other motive

its like the method of junk magazines , they publish anything as long as people want to read, but are not willing to be probed themselves.

you are going to reply again but when you do ,go back to my first reply to your post and pls answer the questions I have aasked you and include it in your reply.

have a good day
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 8:23am On Feb 04, 2009
@ goldenterp,
You seem to be different from the other pro-chris apologists on this thread. Despite my initial reaction, you did not resort to insults and endless scriptural drivel; I admire that. I sense a willingness to know so I will endeavour to answer some of your questions and I have a few of my own as well, so here it goes:

goldenterp:

I also have an experience with the healing ministry of Christ Embassy, but its nothin close to yours, for me I experienced a miracle and'observed' that other people got healed.now question is since we have to opposing experiences, who should the readers believe?

Please kindly tell us the details of your experience at the healing school, like: Did you go there yourself or did you take someone there? how long did you stay in the healing school? If you experienced a miracle like you claim, can you give us details? if it was an ailment, can you tell us briefly about your medical history plus a doctor who treated you while in the condition. Did you know the medical history of the people you 'observed' got healed? how did you confirm they were healed besides their personal testimony?
[/quote]

goldenterp:

are these the same Pastors and partners you attended the session with? If so, only you saw what you saw? Or did any other pastor or partner at that particular session see what YOU saw? if so i'd like to know them, sure they care about the church of God/body of christ and will be willing to share THEIR experience with me

If you were patient enough to go through the thread like some have done, you will off course know that I have answered this question time and again.
The pastors and partners who come to watch the 'final show' are specially invited from across several christ embassy churches, they are usually selected based on their financial contributions to the ministry. they were never part of the session which lasts for two weeks but are only invited to watch at the 'final show'.
there are of course other people who saw what I saw; I have also mentioned that on this thread, we need not all come on nairaland to make it sound any more true. I provided links to testimonies from people in South Africa who had a similar experience, I also attached a picture excerpt from the healing school website, the picture had lots to say.

[quote author=goldenterp link=topic=193649.msg3409321#msg3409321 date=1233430246]
( when did u get born again, have you received the Holy spirit, did you attend the foundation school of the ministry, did you join any group, what was your designstion and who was your leader, and do you have a report of your activities in the group? also were you in another church before CE, if so where and why did u leave?, i'd like to have some kind of bacjground information abt you sir, hope u dont mind

You want background information huh?, I gave a bit of that on page 11 of this thread; please go back and read it.

goldenterp:

( As a memeber of the ministry who was very involved, i would have expected that you would have spoken to you leader about this person you brought to the healing school, BEFORE and after you both atended the session, no? what did your leader make of your 'observations'?

My PCF leader and the group pastor were both aware. When I told my PCF leader about my observations this is what he said: "bro xxxx, what you saw was a mirage, forget about it and go on with your life"

goldenterp:

(what was your approach to 'finding out'? could you tell us more about that

keen observation and information sourced from healing school staff.

I did mention in one of my posts that I was reliably informed by a staff of the healing school that wheelchair cases to be 'ministered' to were selected from the prayer room. please read page 2 of this thread.

goldenterp:

(are you saying you studied these people from day one that you got to the healing school? you should have been focused on hearing the word of God that was being given to you guys , to have least have faith for your invalid, but anyway did you approach any one of them to ask questions.if so, what did you ask them and what did they say to you?

staying with this folks every single day for four weeks, come on! it doesnt take a genius to figure out these things. Yes I spoke with some of them, I wanted to know the history and severity of their conditions. Those who had severe physical ailments are almost never ministered to, some of them have been to up to 3 to 4 different healing school sessions. You said you've visited the healing school but I'm sure you did not stay long enough otherwise, you would have noticed these things.

goldenterp:

so you are saying he got healed the 1st day at the healing school, why didnt he leave? was he waiting for someone or something that he believed the healer would transfer to him e.g the healing annointing, cos i think if he got healed day one since you said he hadnt used the stuff for two weeks, why would he continue for 2wks?

No sir, he wasnt healed on day one. Students are advised to 'exercise their faith' usually by trying to do what they find difficult to do normally. There was no change in his condition before and after the prayers. Even before he came to the healing school, he could walk without the crutches and neck collar but with much difficulty, (his brother gave me that info)

goldenterp:

Pastor Chris prayed for him and took the neck guard off as though it was a big deal
''As though it was a big deal' sounds to me like you conclude that pastor Chris was acting hence ur mind saw it like that

Pst Chris deserves an oscar award

goldenterp:

if people on the wheel chair were supposed to be actors how come she ddnnt just get up like nothing was wrong with her in the first place?

You are getting it all wrong Mr, the woman actually had a condition (rheumatoid arthritis), but she is not paralyzed like the healing school made it appear. the students are not part of the scam, but are used to perpetrate it. These people are desperate, all they want is a change in their condition so they'll do just about anything including sitting in a wheelchair which doesn't belong to them.

Now are you satisfied wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 10:45am On Feb 07, 2009
@ goldenterp, have you suddenly vanished into the thin air?
Hellooooooo!!
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 7:55am On Feb 11, 2009
Can someone please tell me why CE members always disappear whenever they are required to produce evidence or proof of unsubstantiated miracle claims? Goldenterp came here brandishing long posts and questions only to disappear after I asked him for evidence of his claims. I'm glad at least that this whole drama is playing out before the watchful eyes of everyone.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by ukotmi: 8:39am On Feb 12, 2009
You guys are getting me confused. I know a man about 67 years old who had a stroke, went to the healing shool and today is totally healed. A colleague told us(we were discusing the issue of miracles being aired on TV) how he was watching atmosphere of miracles and Pastor Chris mentioned his case. From that day he was healed. A grand mother in my area went to the same healing school with cancer of the breast and was not healed. I also heard of a man who went to the Healing school, was healed and later relapsed. He could nt stand on his own before, started standing and doing things by himself, another the line, his former condition returned.
So this raises some good questionssada) Is faith needed for healing if yes, who should have faith, the person seeking healing or the  instrument being used to minister healing?(b) Is there anything like the healing anointing that is, are some people specially anointed of God to heal.(c) If one is healed, is there any possibility of the sickness coming back(d)Why is that two people will be in the same meeting, one gets healed, the other do not. for example, my cousin took me along to a charismatic meeting to meet his girlfriend, and I am yet to return from there cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin kiss kiss kiss. I got saved. Uptill today he is yet to get saved. cry cry cry.
Please supply answer with good scriptural backings. I think this will help us clear a lot of airs on faith healers etc. Pls lets be polite and civil even if we disagree.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by goldenterp(f): 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2009
hi SirJohn,
thank you for your reply, and I am absolutely satisfied that you are totally convinced of what you say.

I hope you do not mind that I wont be answering your questions for the simple fact that there's nothing more to say to someone who's totally convinced

One thing i'll urge you to do is to please keep 'sending' more and morepeople to the healing school of Christ Embassy, as you've been doing, so that they can see the truth for themselves, I see it the way Jesus said if you're not against us, then you are for us.

God's not unfaithful to forget your labour of love you know smiley

I'm female actually, but I know why you assumed otherwise

Regards
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 7:11pm On Feb 12, 2009
goldenterp:

hi SirJohn,
thank you for your reply, and I am absolutely satisfied that you are totally convinced of what you say.

I hope you do not mind that I wont be answering your questions for the simple fact that there's nothing more to say to someone who's totally convinced

One thing i'll urge you to do is to please keep 'sending' more and morepeople to the healing school of Christ Embassy, as you've been doing, so that they can see the truth for themselves, I see it the way Jesus said if you're not against us, then you are for us.

Regards

Thanks too for breaking the long silence!!
I rest my case wink wink wink
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2009
goldenterp:

hi SirJohn,

Regards

Thanks too for breaking the long silence!!
I rest my case wink wink wink
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by ukotmi: 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2009
Hi,I am still waiting for answers to my questions. or do you want me to go back to Catholic Church which I left for some time now.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by victorblac(m): 11:39pm On Feb 13, 2009
wao! it seems we already have some anti-Christ working against the faith of other believers.Your story was convincing, but to only those who are weak in faith and to those who have not experienced the power of God in their lives . The truth is that you have not understood several things in the ministry and of God. Being in the ministry for years does not make you know God. People have studied God for years without knowing him.The devil that wants to destroy the church is inside the church and i hope you are not one of them. Whether you like it or not; whether you misunderstood what you saw or not, God is still God and he is still doing mighty things through men. God can even use you if you want him to. I have seen and experienced great miracles from God through men like pastor chris, Idahosa, Rev. father Ozele, T.B Joshua etc.You are a good story teller and i wonder what will happen if you use this talent for God to win souls for Christ.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by victorblac(m): 12:18am On Feb 14, 2009
Ukotmi,
How could you have seen the mighty works of God and still be confused? Some people have not seen anything yet but they believe. The kingdom of God is for those who are ready. For you to receive from God you have to learn how to open up your spirit and be ready. Jesus could not do much in his home town because of the people's unbelief. The disciples were touching Jesus casually but the woman with the issue of blood touched him with a difference.This tells us that God's power is already available to us but how much we can receive is up to us. Now talking about miracles. It is possible to have a miracle and lose it. First of all the devil is not happy about the miracle because he has come to steal and to destroy.Secondly, if you remember ,one out of the ten lepers Jesus healed came back to thank him. It is important that after receiving a miracle from God we should recognize him, promote him, praise him, serve him more fervently and cover any loopholes that the devil might use to get to us.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 5:59am On Feb 15, 2009
ukotmi:

You guys are getting me confused. I know a man about 67 years old who had a stroke, went to the healing shool and today is totally healed. A colleague told us(we were discusing the issue of miracles being aired on TV) how he was watching atmosphere of miracles and Pastor Chris mentioned his case. From that day he was healed. A grand mother in my area went to the same healing school with cancer of the breast and was not healed. I also heard of a man who went to the Healing school, was healed and later relapsed. He could nt stand on his own before, started standing and doing things by himself, another the line, his former condition returned.
So this raises some good questionssada) Is faith needed for healing if yes, who should have faith, the person seeking healing or the instrument being used to minister healing?(b) Is there anything like the healing anointing that is, are some people specially anointed of God to heal.(c) If one is healed, is there any possibility of the sickness coming back(d)Why is that two people will be in the same meeting, one gets healed, the other do not. for example, my cousin took me along to a charismatic meeting to meet his girlfriend, and I am yet to return from there cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin kiss kiss kiss. I got saved. Uptill today he is yet to get saved. cry cry cry.
Please supply answer with good scriptural backings. I think this will help us clear a lot of airs on faith healers etc. Pls lets be polite and civil even if we disagree.
Thanks

I'm sorry this reply is coming rather late, I just got back from a trip.

Let us examine the four different cases you mentioned above in your post:
a. The 67 year old man you know who was healed of stroke at the healing school
b. Your colleague who was healed after Chris mentioned his case on AFM
c.The grandmother in your area with cancer of the breast who went to the healing school but was not healed
d. The man you heard who got at the healing school but later relapsed.

a
ukotmi:

I know a man about 67 years old who had a stroke, went to the healing shool and today is totally healed.

Let me make it abundantly clear that I do not doubt the power of God to heal the sick, but with so many false claims around us today, we have to ask questions in order to shield ourselves from the manipulations of pulpit pimps. For example, since you said you know the 67 year old man, kindly furnish us with details of this 'miracle' i.e; His medical history/treatment including his physician or doctor, what was the nature of the stroke?, when you say 'healed', what physical or medical transformation if any did you attribute to supernatural intervention.
these are just some of the questions I think you should be able to answer if you know the man.

b.
ukotmi:

A colleague told us(we were discusing the issue of miracles being aired on TV) how he was watching atmosphere of miracles and Pastor Chris mentioned his case. From that day he was healed.

Again we do not have details here. What was your colleague healed of; cancer, blindness, HIV, blindness, stroke? not that it makes any difference but just telling us he was healed doesn't prove anything. Let me also say this, the telecast your friend watched was not in real time; it was probably recorded weeks, months or maybe even years ago. This is one thing Chris and a lot of televangelists know which so many of their gullible followers don't know or pretend not to know.
So its possible for me to have a recorded session where I mention different cases in the name of word of knowledge. usually, they would mention cases that will very well apply generally for instance when I say: "there is a young man watching me right now, God has just healed you of pain in the right arm" it could apply to any young man out there. even when they are more specific by calling names, they still have probability working to their advantage; with a potential viewership of millions of people, and the fact that the telecast is not real time, theres high probability that one day someone is going to be watching with the exact same case or name mentioned.
From my personal research, theres been no case of blindness, lameness, cancer etc healed from watching a 'word of knowledge telecast' (prove me wrong) it always a case of pain, headache, fever etc which is most probably the category your colleague falls in. All these can be explained scientifically my dear, it was probably just a placebo effect.

c.
ukotmi:

A grand mother in my area went to the same healing school with cancer of the breast and was not healed.

Cant you see now that the ones you know very well don't get healed, the ones that got healed are the ones you heard. Funny!!!

d.
ukotmi:

I also heard of a man who went to the Healing school, was healed and later relapsed. He could nt stand on his own before, started standing and doing things by himself, another the line, his former condition returned.

The question is: was he even healed at all in the first place. Though televangelists like Benny Hinn, Paul Crouche, Chis Oyakhilome etc would want to have us believe that these people lost faith along the line or they were not speaking the word enough bla bla bla and that was why the sickness came back; thats a LIE. What these 'faith healers' do is give people false hopes with sweet promises of healing and health which creates a suggestion in their subconscious, it is this suggestion which brings about the placebo effect; of course it wears out after a while and they fall back to their previous states.

Now to your questions:
ukotmi:

Is faith needed for healing if yes, who should have faith, the person seeking healing or the instrument being used to minister healing?

The answer is NO, faith is not always needed for healing. The Bible shows us different instances where Jesus healed people who didn't even express an iota of faith. Healing comes through the mercies and compassion and will of God Almighty (Jn 9:1-34, Jn 5:1-15, Jn 11:1-44, Acts 3:1-cool

ukotmi:

Is there anything like the healing anointing that is, are some people specially anointed of God to heal.

There is no such thing explicitly mentioned in the Bible however, the word of God tells us about the power of God to heal the sick.
Acts 10:38 'How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.'
The apostles were also anointed specially to do mighty works:

Matt. 10:5-8,
These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Luke 9:1-2,
Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

see also Luke 10:1-9

The apostles were given special powers to fulfill a certain purpose in the will of God at that time, that explains why today, we do not see the kind of signs or miracles performed by the apostles. Yet Paul in 1Cor. 12:1-31, talks about the gifts of the Spirit distributed to different people at Gods will.

There are no specially anointed men anymore but that is beyond the scope of this thread.

ukotmi:

If one is healed, is there any possibility of the sickness coming back

From the angle of the scriptures, there is a possibility (Luke 11:24-25, John 5:13-14). However, there is no record in scriptures of anyone who relapsed after being healed like you find in Chris Oyakhilomes healing school

ukotmi:

Why is that two people will be in the same meeting, one gets healed, the other do not.

There could be a number of reasons, some of which we may never be able to explain. Also, it could simply be Gods sovereign will; Jesus went to a pool full of impotent folks, healed just one man and walks away, when it comes to God, we cannot explain everything.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 6:07am On Feb 15, 2009
victorblac:

I have seen and experienced great miracles from God through men like pastor chris, Idahosa, Rev. father Ozele, T.B Joshua etc.

I hope you don't mind sharing the testimony of these 'great miracles' with us?off course you know the rules right?: no phoney tales and please provide proof  grin grin grin
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 6:13am On Feb 15, 2009
victorblac:

I have seen and experienced great miracles from God through men like pastor chris, Idahosa, Rev. father Ozele, T.B Joshua etc.

I hope you don't mind sharing the testimony of these 'great miracles' with us? off course you know the rules right?: no phoney tales and please provide proofgrin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (93) (Reply)

Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil / "ONLINE DELIVERANCE WITH THE GOD OF ELIJAH"- / How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.