Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (305457 Views)

BREAKING: Uk’s Prime Minister Defies Obama, Makes Huge Announcement About Christ / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by DavidDylan(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

How can you say he makes no point when you made no attempt to read his posts?

I think the day Christian start defending Christ in the same manner they defend their pastors and churches is the day we start getting somewhere.

lol i can't see that day coming anytime soon.

Pepeye:

John you basically made no point!! Where is your teaming loyalist david? To help u out!!
It isn’t about inserting someone else’s quotes all over that u make a point, u get me?

To any discerning mind John's point was VERY SUCCINT and here it is -

SirJohn:

Donnie, I did a compilation of all your responses on this thread up till now (in chronological order). [size=18pt]Please note how that there is'nt any reference to scriptures in any of them, yet you talk about the 'WORD', which word?[/size] Mr Chris Oyakhilome's I guess.

Donnie made 7 posts, many of them quite long . . . not once did he mention any scripture even though he blabbed all day about "the WORD". the serious question any christian shld be mindful of is - which WORD? The bible or that of your pastor?

Back to Sisi's point - it is either you did not read John's post and simply wanted to be antagonistic or you read it but your mind is still clouded by pastoral loyalty.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by mazaje(m): 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2008
You are so funny, so bc it happened to your friend and @ RCCG which is probably your church, the miracle is genuine? Well you talk about 1 egg being replaced, i have seen a little boy who from birth had no balls (with doctors report to attest to the fact) having his 2 balls appear in between his legs during a CEC meeting.

donnie what is this you are saying? chie no be small thing . . . .why is it that miracles are always taking place behind close doors? you have seen you said. . . .you guys are not serious. . . . .anyway keep on defending and promulgating the business, you guys make a lot of money and gain a lot of recognition because of the business. . . . . .
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Pepeye(f): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2008
David

Standing in for John once again david!! You re his advocate!! when re u going to stop holding brief for him

he sure can speak for himself or can’t he? tongue
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by AKO1(m): 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2008
If I was you I would have just addressed the issue straightaway, regardless of who posted it.

Some posts just make me cringe unnecessarily. cry
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by KunleOshob(m): 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

How can you say he makes no point when you made no attempt to read his posts?

I think the day Christian start defending Christ in the same manner they defend their pastors and churches is the day we start getting somewhere.
Christ does not need to be defended by his followers, he has already triumphed. his commission to us is to spread the good news to all nations.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by donnie(m): 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2008
Sir John n Davidylan
y don't u pick out those responses of mine that u think are unscriptural and ask me to show u where i got those thoughts from the scriptures? At least i know i'm ready to show u where u err if u speak in a manner that's inconsistent with the Word.
In a few places, i even quoted the scriprures verbatim. Funny guys, i guess u will have 2 see chapter this and verse that to know its d Word.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2008
donnie:

Sir John n Davidylan
y don't u pick out those responses of mine that u think are unscriptural and ask me to show u where i got those thoughts from the scriptures? At least i know i'm ready to show u where u err if u speak in a manner that's inconsistent with the Word.
In a few places, i even quoted the scriprures verbatim. Funny guys, i guess u will have 2 see chapter this and verse that to know its d Word.

Bro Donnie, I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt and read your posts all over again. It is very disappointing to note how much you lack scriptural foundation. You said you quoted the scripture verbatim, but all you did was to twist the scripture probably to satisfy your urge to spew your false babblings. You also said you quoted scripture in 'a few places' but that is a blatant lie because you made attempt to do so in just one place:

donnie on November 17, 2008, 05:59 PM:

To my fellow believers in Christ, those of you who have something to loose if you speak profanity, be strong and courageous, do not be afraid of their revellings for they are bread for us. Only let your conversation be as becometh saints so that when they speak of you as evil doers, they will be liars.

Is this quote from 'Donnie International Version' (DIV) of the bible? because this is what my own bible says:

philipians 1:27 "Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel"

1 Peter 2:12: "Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation"

1 Peter 3:15-16 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

All you did was join two different scriptures and then add some finishing of your own. These scriptures do not refer to me or any Christian using this medium to reprove the dishonesty in the CE Healing school. Nothing spoken by me on this thread is a false accusation against CE. Everything I have narrated and stated here are easily verifyable and I have given every one the opputunity to do just that.
I should be the one throwing this scriprure at you and your pastor to shun dishonesty and deceit for the sake of the world who as spectators are watching our conduct as christians.
1 Peter 3:15 admonishes us to always be ready to answer in meekness and reverence whenever we are being questioned not to rant and rave in displeasure. Only an honest conduct will end the controversies surrounding pastor Chris and his Healing School.

In some of your posts, you mentioned that the purpose of this thread was to deny the power of God. can you please explain to everyone how exposing falsehood and deceit equals denying Gods power?
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Africankel(m): 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2008
Donnie, Pepeye, etc, I dont want your comments on this again, let these folks continue doing what they know how to do best, (Critisizing), They'll sure join us someday, Mark my words!
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Folanre(m): 10:57am On Dec 03, 2008
I have taken about 3-days (i.e. about an hour and a half each day) to painstakingly peruse the poster's pontifications and all the responses (both for and against). However, I will like to gather more fact on the subject matter b4 making any utterance.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by DavidDylan(m): 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2008
Africankel:

Donnie, Pepeye, etc, I don't want your comments on this again, let these folks continue doing what they know how to do best, (Critisizing), They'll sure join us someday, Mark my words!

all these pointless pontificating. you would have cleared a lot of issues had you just stuck to addressing sirjohn's concerns.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by donnie(m): 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2008
Africankel,
pls permit me this last post. The poster obviously dosnt know me so he is all about talking of scripture and scriptural foundation.
He hasnt been on nairaland long enough to know me or my knowledge in the scriptures.
I would have been surprised if those statements came from someone like Davidylan bc at least i know he's seen me here long enough.
From the start of this thread it wasnt my intention to be part or the arguements, let alone convince anyone by quoting scriptures cos i percieved long ago the Spirit behind this thread.
So i heed ur advice brother.
Song:
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Jehovah the man of war, (x2).
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2008
This is a healing school video I uploaded on youtube (I had to split them into seven parts for easy upload)
***Please download after watching as this video may be censored due to copyright reasons***

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUj_2zjYf5E
Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LUQpSLhs5I
Part 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DEFfh22a1s
Part 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnN-sAjIm58
Part 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2HuCTc2_ns
Part 6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDg3pG7ZEtM
Part 7:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXaEahB-Uq0

It is a testimony of the ‘miraculous’ healing of Mrs Ama Aponsah of Ghana. In this video, we are made to believe that she was healed of breast cancer and brain tumor after Pastor Chris ministered to her in one of the Healing School sessions in South Africa. I wish to point out some discrepancies in this testimony which I observed after watching this video and reading a report of this ‘healing’ from the August edition of the Healing School magazine. I have also seen and spoken to Mrs Ama in person when she was invited to the May 2008 Healing School session in Lagos to share her testimony before a live audience (I was part of the audience).

Firstly, in part 1 of this video, Mrs Ama Aponsah is said to be ‘totally incapacitated’ and unconscious of her environment or anything going on around her. Watching this video, one would not fail to notice certain things that point to the fact that someone is definitely lying somewhere.
Did you notice that Mrs Amah never coughed until the exact moment Adolph Kofi Lampte mentioned that she coughs? Notice also that she didn’t cough afterwards. (you be the judge).

If she was unconscious like was said and completely oblivious of her surrounding, how come she was singing along with the music. (Or was that the beginning of the ‘miracle’)

In the video, Pastor Chris said she “went into a deep sleep momentarily” when he laid hands on her. I’ve played this video over and over again and at no point did she appear to be sleeping, she seemed conscious to me. ( I don’t know about you)

This is a summary of Mrs Ama’s case: she was diagnosed of breast cancer; afterwards, it degenerated into brain tumor. She began medical treatment which involved chemotherapy; she stopped her chemotherapy and sought divine healing at the Healing School. At the Healing School she was prayed for by Pastor Chris, but was taken back to Ghana in the same condition. Now the video shows a supposedly ‘healed’ Amah sharing her testimony.

Now here is the part of the story not included in this video: I happened to be at the meeting in Lagos where Mrs Ama was invited to come and share her testimony before a live audience of partners, pastors and Healing School students. She said everything you heard in the video except that in the video, she did not mention that after she was flown to Ghana straight to the hospital, she spent six weeks in the ICU receiving serious medical attention. She had gone to resume the chemotherapy she abandoned before coming to the healing school. According to her, she was sedated after that period of time and woke up seven days later. The doctors discharged her knowing she was stable enough to leave. It seems to me here that someone is trying to take the glory for the good effort of medical doctors. They refused to add that part or probably edited it out of her testimony while creating that video. Maybe it would have made the ‘miracle’ look less spectacular.

In the August edition of the healing School magazine, see link: http://www.christembassyhealingschool.org/new/images/pdf/August2008.pdf; Mrs Amah was reported to have woken up only a few days after returning from the Healing School and that the doctors ‘discovered she was healed and discharged her immediately’, a report which is totally untrue.

Now hear this: During the meeting, after Mrs Ama had finished sharing her testimony; she walked up to meet Pastor Chris on the platform and whispered something to his ear. she had told him that the condition had further deteriorated into partial loss of vision; He had to pray yet again for her.
Later that night after the meeting closed, I was on my way out when I saw Mrs Ama in front of me. I was shocked at what I saw; the same Mrs Ama Aponsah who walked majestically up and down the platform to show everyone she was truly healed was being aided to walk by another woman. She could barely move and even trembled as she walked. Just to be sure I saw the right person; I called her name ‘Sister Ama’ she turned to me and we exchanged pleasantries. At close range, she didn’t look okay at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!. She is obviously still battling with the condition. The thought of it lingered on my mind for a long time.

So just what on earth is going on at the Healing School? Just what are they trying to make us believe?

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by donnie(m): 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2008
Song:
The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob
Jehovah the man of war (x2)
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by DavidDylan(m): 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2008
donnie:

Song:
The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob
Jehovah the man of war (x2)

does this address the issue? undecided

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Backslider(m): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2008
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Sir John you have not seen anything yet.

those that claim they know bible have forgotten that SATAN quotes the same bible from Gen to Rev.

bible says he has them given over to a false spirit so that when he God Speaks it will look like a lie.

The Church will soon be the sepulchure of grievious sins against God and man.

But alas the bibles says they that know their God will perform exploits.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Gfrey(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2008
mnnnnn, havn been a christian for years,i've seen,heard and even read about some of such things.My own counsel is if u have proofs,pictures and videos of your claims, post them! I wouldnt want to believe Pst Chris is a fake! His messages are lined up with the word and even if i don't agree with all his methods, i cant begin to label him as a FAKE!

Secondly, wat is d essence of d post?wat do u hope to achieve?

No offence, but,any post dat does not bring d grater good to the community of beleivers shld be stopped and avoided,

and u knw wat, I STILL BELIEVE IN MIRACLES NONETHELESS!

"A MAN WITH AN EXPERIENCE IS NOT AT D MERCY OF A MAN WITH AN ARGUMENT"[b][/b]
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by KunleOshob(m): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2008
Gfrey:

Secondly, what is d essence of d post?what do u hope to achieve?

No offence, but,any post that does not bring d grater good to the community of beleivers shld be stopped and avoided,
The essence of this post is too help fellow christians from falling prey to the pranks of one Man. People have been reported to stopping their medical treatment and dying as a result of the false hope scammers like this have given them. I belive it is aservice to the christian community to warn us of the wolves amongst us.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by elvisugo(m): 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2008
wat u dudes are saying here, are all bull Poo,
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SistaSista: 12:14pm On Dec 08, 2008
I have recently left Christ Embassy Randburg for reasons different to what is being discussed here. the question I have always had is, What happens after wards to all the people who receive miracles at the healing school? I have NEVER heard even one member of the congregation testifying about having received healing at the healing school.

I find it hard to believe that none of the thousands people who receive healing are ever interested in joining the church afterward?? surely if u receive a life changing miracle from a particular church, u wud be convinced that there is life in that church and u wud want to join!
this just seemed odd to me!

I went about asking leaders in the church where these miracle recipients disappeared to and I never got an answer. and I made it a point to look for the ppl from the previous week's healing school at the next sundays service, not even one!!!

Isnt that odd?

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Seun(m): 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2008
Yes, it's odd. Smart person. wink

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SistaSista: 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2008
Still, I'm not asserting that Mr Chris Oyakhilome is a fake but some of the things I have found make it hard for me to turn a blind eye, for instance,

I find it interesting that 5 of his publications have the same titles as publications by other authors in the 40's, 70's and 80's!

eg.
1. Join This Chariot by T.L. Osborn Paperback Book 1974

2. None of These Diseases (Paperback)
by S. I. McMillen (Author), David E., M.D. Stern (Editor)
Publisher: Fleming H Revell Co (June 1984)

3. E. W Kenyon- ( deceased in 1948)
a. New Creation Realities
b. The wonderful name of Jesus
c. Two kinds of knowledge

but judge for yourself,
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by PastorAIO: 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2008
SistaSista is a very perceptive woman/man (I presume woman).  The question I'm left asking myself is how come not many people come up with the same observations as she does and of those that do, how come not many pursue it to a satisfying conclusion.  

I believe that is because there is a great element of self deception going on.  It is not so much because these conmen (sorry, but I'm not mincing my words, call me what you like, but this is my conviction) are so clever that they can pull the wool over so many people's eyes.  In fact they are not very intelligent people themselves.  The fact of the matter is that they are preying on a need to believe.  And it is a law of economics that where there is a demand then supply will develop to feed it.  

The situation on the ground is this, there is a massive need for many people to believe in such miracles (not that I don't believe in miracles, but there is a distinction between believing in miracles and Needing to believe in miracles).  Until we come to an understanding as to why this need is there we will never understand the phenomenon.  

Could it be the harsh reality of people's lives that makes them need miracles so as a form of escapism?  In this case this refutes the allegations often made in Nairaland that religion is the cause of many ills.  The nigerian mania for religion is itself but a symptom of another cause.

Or then again Could it be that it is in fact an expression of the lack of spirituality in these people?    The human soul, having a need for spiritual nourishment, when it is deprived of it will start to clutch at straws like a drowning man and anything that might seem to fulfill the hole.  It's is like a hungry man that is so desperate that he will start to eat sand.  

Then the question must be raised, how did nigerians come to such a state of spiritual deprivation in the first place.

n e way whatever ever the reason for it the fact remains that there is a colossal need for the likes of Pastor Chris in the psyche of many nigerians.  

Like I've said before on other threads a yoruba proverb can be translated thus:  push push no dey, unless person dey push hinself.

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by vicade(m): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2008
, i was in church last week in christ embassy London where someone that attended IPPC in Nigeria  was giving a testimony about the seminar and said a pastor , Reverend ray who is the secretary general of christ embassy was preaching about loyalty. And he said you have to be "loyal to GOD, JESUS, and our father". He further went on to say that "their" father is Pastor Chris and loyalty to him will bring glory upon our lives.

I have said it and will say it again, the followers of christ embassy are more controversial than the man called pastor chris, A classic example is the man perming his hair-I see nothing wrong with it and he can do what ever he likes to his hair. But when male members of the congregation start perming their hari because their father is perming his hair then who do u blame? Another example is the fact that most christ embassy members  quote their pastor than the bible so u would rarely hear" According to the word of GOD" rather you hear " PAstor Says in so so Tape or sermon"

I have no problem with pastor chris. he is an intelligent man and his sermons are brilliant but his healing school ministry should be open to independent media houses if he has nothing to hide .I have been watching benny hinn who is also an intelligent dude but his miracles have been debunked by the US media and his style is just like pastor chris but yet again ONLY GOD KNOWS WHO IS TRULY SERVING HIM. SHALOM

Will Jesus wear a Rolex?
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SistaSista: 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2008
vicade:

I have said it and will say it again, the followers of christ embassy are more controversial than the man called pastor chris, A classic example is the man perming his hair-I see nothing wrong with it and he can do what ever he likes to his hair. But when male members of the congregation start perming their hari because their father is perming his hair then who do u blame? Another example is the fact that most christ embassy members  quote their pastor than the bible so u would rarely hear" According to the word of GOD" rather you hear " PAstor Says in so so Tape or sermon"

Dont be too hasty to judge the followers Vicade, The followers are taught to copy The Big Man himself, quoting the scripture when Paul said to the Corinthians

1 Corinthians 11 vs 1
"And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ."

I did ask 2 or 3 ppl in the leadership specifically about the hair and the scripture above was the answer I got from all 3!!

And The Head Pastor in Southern Africa and Texas , Mr Ken Oyakhilome said many times and I quote verbatim: " when I see pastor Chris, I see Jesus in a suit."

Now u tell me,

this smells cultish if u ask me

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by AKO1(m): 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2008
SistaSista:

And The Head Pastor in Southern Africa and Texas , Mr Ken Oyakhilome said many times and I quote verbatim: " when I see pastor Chris, I see Jesus in a suit."

Heh wink
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by vicade(m): 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2008
SistaSista:

don't be too hasty to judge the followers Vicade, The followers are taught to copy The Big Man himself, quoting the scripture when Paul said to the Corinthians

1 Corinthians 11 vs 1

I did ask 2 or 3 people in the leadership specifically about the hair and the scripture above was the answer I got from all 3!!

Now u tell me,

this smells cultish if u ask me

It does smell cultish. And as i said earlier in this post, you should only have faith in JESUS , the one who died for your sins, and if members of christ embassy are taught to have faith in pastor chris(which most of them do), then they should reject such teachings(which most of them don't)

At the end of the day,there are no economy or lower class seats to heaven. we are all going first class. I don't see why i should be loyal to any pastor. No pastor ever died for my sins.The problem i have is where to draw the line because a pastor that says he hates Poverty and will never be poor in his life; where do you draw the line between prosperity and humility? undecided

And lets be serious,i can understand paul imitating christ and his works but is pastor chris imitating christ?

WIll christ wear a Rolex?I dont know.I am not judging.I am just curious .I ain't no theologian but i know JESUS was very humble .

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 08, 2008
SistaSista:

1 Corinthians 11 vs 1

I did ask 2 or 3 people in the leadership specifically about the hair and the scripture above was the answer I got from all 3!!

this is the grave danger with all these new age "interpretations" of the bible. King James interpretes 1 Cor 11:1 as Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

There is a big difference between being a follower/disciple and being an immitator.

When Paul talked of his disciples being "followers" he wasnt talking about copying his hairstyle or dress sense . . . look at verse 2 . . . Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

As regards this -
vicade:

, i was in church last week in christ embassy London where someone that attended IPPC in Nigeria was giving a testimony about the seminar and said a pastor , Reverend ray who is the secretary general of christ embassy was preaching about loyalty. And he said you have to be "loyal to GOD, JESUS, and our father". He further went on to say that "their" father is Pastor Chris and loyalty to him will bring glory upon our lives.

This is heresy and idol worship in disguise. When certain apostles tried to divide themselves based on loyalty to either Paul or Apollos or Cephas . . . here is what Paul said -

1 Cor 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Let him that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Backslider(m): 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2008
@Sir John

So that you don't think you are doing anything wrong

hear what the Lord said

Ezekiel 33
1Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

2Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:

3If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;

4Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.

5He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.

6But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

7So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

8When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

9Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

10Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live?

11Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

12Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

13When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

14Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;

15If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.

16None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

17Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.

18When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.

19But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.

20Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

21And it came to pass in the twelfth year of our captivity, in the tenth month, in the fifth day of the month, that one that had escaped out of Jerusalem came unto me, saying, The city is smitten.

22Now the hand of the LORD was upon me in the evening, afore he that was escaped came; and had opened my mouth, until he came to me in the morning; and my mouth was opened, and I was no more dumb.

23Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

24Son of man, they that inhabit those wastes of the land of Israel speak, saying, Abraham was one, and he inherited the land: but we are many; the land is given us for inheritance.

25Wherefore say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Ye eat with the blood, and lift up your eyes toward your idols, and shed blood: and shall ye possess the land?

26Ye stand upon your sword, ye work abomination, and ye defile every one his neighbour's wife: and shall ye possess the land?

27Say thou thus unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; As I live, surely they that are in the wastes shall fall by the sword, and him that is in the open field will I give to the beasts to be devoured, and they that be in the forts and in the caves shall die of the pestilence.

28For I will lay the land most desolate, and the pomp of her strength shall cease; and the mountains of Israel shall be desolate, that none shall pass through.

29Then shall they know that I am the LORD, when I have laid the land most desolate because of all their abominations which they have committed.

30Also, thou son of man, the children of thy people still are talking against thee by the walls and in the doors of the houses, and speak one to another, every one to his brother, saying, Come, I pray you, and hear what is the word that cometh forth from the LORD.

31And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.

32And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not.

33And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come,) then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them.

[size=15pt]SO MANY EVANGELIST ARE GOING TO HELL.[/size]
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2008
SistaSista:

I have recently left Christ Embassy Randburg for reasons different to what is being discussed here. the question I have always had is, What happens after wards to all the people who receive miracles at the healing school? I have NEVER heard even one member of the congregation testifying about having received healing at the healing school.

I find it hard to believe that none of the thousands people who receive healing are ever interested in joining the church afterward?? surely if u receive a life changing miracle from a particular church, u would be convinced that there is life in that church and u would want to join!
this just seemed odd to me!

I went about asking leaders in the church where these miracle recipients disappeared to and I never got an answer. and I made it a point to look for the people from the previous week's healing school at the next sundays service, not even one!!!

Isnt that odd?

SistaSista:

Still, I'm not asserting that Mr Chris Oyakhilome is a fake but some of the things I have found make it hard for me to turn a blind eye, for instance,

I find it interesting that 5 of his publications have the same titles as publications by other authors in the 40's, 70's and 80's!

eg.
1. Join This Chariot  by T.L. Osborn Paperback Book 1974

2. None of These Diseases (Paperback)
                by S. I. McMillen (Author), David E., M.D. Stern (Editor)
                Publisher: Fleming H Revell Co (June 1984)

3. E. W Kenyon- ( deceased in 1948)
a.           New Creation Realities
b.           The wonderful name of Jesus
c.           Two kinds of knowledge

but  judge for yourself,

@SistaSista,
You have raised two very strong issues from your posts, one which any wise and discerning follower of Mr Christian Oyakhilome should consider. I have discussed these issues several times with some key leaders who like in your own case did not have an answer as well. This reminds me of a Brother in the christ embassy branch where I worship; he came up to share a testimony of how he raised a little boy from the dead. According to him, he was passing by on the said day and heard people crying, when he enquired, he was told a little boy had just died in a particular house. He said he went in, laid hands on the little boy who started to cough immediately. He told us that the mother of the boy asked for his church and he told her it was christ embassy, she then promised to come to church with the whole family and neighbours. When he ws asked if the woman or the boy was in church, he said no that they were on their way. My sister, that is how that matter died, till today no body bothered to find out about the boy or the mum who never visited the church. It is very obvious that the Brother wasnt telling the truth yet that lie was celebrated before a congregation of over 2000 people.

Another good point you made was that of plagiarism by pastor Chris. Several months before my discovery at the healing school, while doing a personal research on 'the word of faith movement'; I read about Essek William Kenyon a man regarded as the progenitor of the word of faith movement. I read exerpts from several of his books online and also went to christian bookshops to get some. I was amazed to find out that the core teachings Mr Christian Oyakhilome were from this man, a lot of times he quotes him word to word. I also found out that  Kenneth Hagin, another man who greatly influenced pastor Chris also plagiarised Kenyon, but denied doing so claiming that the 'Holy Ghost' must have revealed the same thing to both of them. http://www.intotruth.org/wof/kenyon.html.
Mr Chris Oyakhilome has not only plagiarised books written by other people, he has also plagiarised messages and sermons preached by people like Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Oral Roberts etc.

It is no surprise to me why the followers of Mr Chris Oyakhilome copy him, the man is a copycat himself who has chosen copycats as his mentors. Hagin copied the works of Kenyon and is himself copied by pastor Chris; Benny Hinn copied Kathrine Kulhman's pulpit mannerism and dressing (all white) and is himself copied by pastor Chris again. oh how can I forget the fact that he also copied T B Joshua's method of ministering to the sick. He is indeed a many sided man.

My Sister, you do not need any special revelation to know that this man is a charlartan and a phoney; a century back from today, he and many others like him would have been snake oil salesmen.

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by na2day2(m): 11:27pm On Dec 09, 2008
i dont know how i missed this thread but i am sure glad i found it. i laugh so tey i wan die. anywho, why should this be surprising? a pastor that is partners with sum1 like TB Joshua should not create any kind of stir. much as i like to stay off pastors' cases, some are way too suspicious for my liking.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by greatguy2: 1:08am On Dec 10, 2008
@SirJohn,DavidDylan,KunleOshob
Thanks for the insight.i have alwaz been suspicious of CE.wel i am really grateful for the insight and hoping to c more of this.men thanks alot.
@Hubreality,Pepeye
y dont u guys address the issue and stop defending pastor chris.FOR Christ Sake,come out and tell us if those miracles are staged.It is written the bible that "Jesus went about healing the sick."How come your pastor stays at one place to heal the sick(Healing School).Why dont he go about healing the sick people we see everyday.
Did Jesus Christ have a healing school where he healed people?Did he not cure all those that came to him?
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:01am On Dec 10, 2008
Gradually, the truth will come out. The whole thing na business. We knw this one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (93) (Reply)

Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil / "ONLINE DELIVERANCE WITH THE GOD OF ELIJAH"- / How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133