Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,615 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. (58067 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife / Infidelity{how Come Women Forgive Easily,& Men Hardly Forgive?} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Ade001ng(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2014
perfect and right on point
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by lezz(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2014
Tallesty1:
Before I start this, I want to make it clear that I'm not a sexist.

People say it is a man's world, and honestly, it is. I will show you how.

Nature gave us some bonus and women gave their support. Even if a man forgives a cheating wife, the women(society) will not.

Here are the few reasons some men find it difficult to forgive a cheating wife(They are what I heard men say. I didn't author some of them)

1: EGO:- It certainly has alot to do with their ego being bruised. The thought that another man was able to sleep with Someone they believed they had "ownership" of breaks them to pieces as most of them think the women incapable of sex without emotions, meaning the woman loves another. Remember men are like a lioness that can kill most animals for its cubs but will not allow another animal to even play with its cubs.

2: GUILT:- If a woman cheats, the man will never forgive not only the woman but himself no matter whose fault it is. He feels he has failed as a man to protect and keep his own.

3: THEY CAN'T FORGET:- When a man is making love with his wife, it is a sacred rituals the way she moan shows that his sacrifice has been accepted. So if she makes love with another man he will be thinking the temple is no more sacred and when he make love to her and she moan, it will be disgusting cause it will be like that is the way she moaned for the other guy!

4: YOU HAVE LOST HER IF SHE CHEATS:- Female infidelity is often much more damaging to a marriage. Don’t get me wrong: Male cheating is definitely harmful. But when a woman fools around, it’s often the beginning of the end of the relationship. For men, cheating often tends to be opportunistic—they’re in the wrong place at the wrong time and the cheating doesn’t necessarily mean anything emotionally. In fact a man can sleep with a woman today and not remember her again but for a woman to have sex with you(in most cases)you must win her heart to win her body.

5: HE PAID YOUR PRICE:- I guess i gotta be blunt here. I know we call it marriage but I think women are being bought in a way. Don't kill me yet, let's analyze it. He buys engagement ring. Proposes to you, you accept then he decides to see your people. Your people accept him and give him a list containing heaven and earth. He agrees to pay, he pays for everything and when your parents feel they have collected enough, they hand you over to him. Then you automatically change your name(Change of ownership) which confirms that you are now his own.

I have seen where women sponsored their marriage and the men don't care when they cheatcheesy soI believe the day you stop asking for head-cutting bride price for us to marry then we won't bother much, imagine paying all that money and she gives it to another man..

On a serious note. A cheat is a cheat and you can't quantify cheating. Who is cheating doesn't matter. Stay Faithful
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 08, 2014
Mintayo:

Pls go back and read her post and some stop playing the blind game!

Please tell me from which post you "deduced" that she claims that a woman should cheat when a man does. I am still waiting.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by 1stola: 10:59am On Oct 08, 2014
Tallesty1:
man....

On a serious note. A cheat is a cheat and you can't quantify cheating. Who is cheating doesn't matter. Stay Faithful
Nice piece.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 08, 2014
MzMariah:
You just reminded me of a culture in my village. If a man cheats on his wife it has no side effect but if a woman cheats (sleeps with another man) then she is as good as dead if she doesn't confess and have the necessary sacrifice done. She go just die like chicken.

We all are hoping and praying for the best sha, nobody wants a cheating partner.

Benue South Senatorial District things
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 11:01am On Oct 08, 2014
RuuDie:

I can't agree with this... I believe just about anybody can have s3x without 'severe' emotional attachment - do not mistake mere flitting 'attraction' for that.
You are right............

I know that too

that's why I said in most cases.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Mintayo(m): 11:01am On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Please tell me from which post you "deduced" that she claims that a woman should cheat when a man does. I am still waiting.
keep waiting dear,keep waiting!
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by centjamie(m): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2014
BananaBender:

It can change, starting from you. Change your mindset, you are only thinking like the product of the society you grew up in. One way to do that, is by encouraging and teaching gender equality in social institutions.

I am not a chauvinist,i believe in gender equality.i do not encourage cheating on any gender's part, but there are certain things which cannot change.the traditional african society natuarally gave man certain upper hand in marriage and relationship which is naturally(from creation) rooted in the psychology of man(human beings).

A man can marry more than one wife at a time, but a woman cant marry more than one husband at a time.a man's ego is more important 2 him than anything you can think of and that is why it hurts him more when he is cheated on.the worst a woman can do when her man cheats on n her is to file for divorce and how easily do such women get another husban.it is how nature made it and not the society. i dnt condole cheating among any gender but i know it hurts more when the woman cheats.

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2014
bukatyne:

If you a Christian that should educate the world is saying this, then all hope is lost

Thankfully, during the OT when it seemed women were worthless, God'a puniahment was equal for the adulterous men and women.

In the NT, we were told that our bodies was the temple of the Holy Spirit without been gender specific, then I do not get the women are more 'honorable, templelike etc'

@OP:

Jesus Christ that paid for us with His blood sef did not see it as a justification to do as He likes undecided

It is all good
Things will never get better if we should treat them from a Christian perspective.

No bring church into this............
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Chris95(m): 11:06am On Oct 08, 2014
Cheating...i cnt even live in d sem house wif a woman hu does dat to me aslong as am capable of satisfying ha!! Y shuld she choose sum1 else's tool ova my finely crafted heavy equipment!! angry ... I wuld jux go on a cheating frenzy!! angry
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 08, 2014
centjamie:

I am not a chauvinist,i believe in gender equality.i do not encourage cheating on any gender's part, but there are certain things which cannot change.the traditional african society natuarally gave man certain upper hand in marriage and relationship which is naturally(from creation) rooted in the psychology of man(human beings).

A man can marry more than one wife at a time, but a woman cant marry more than one husband at a time.a man's ego is more important 2 him than anything you can think of and that is why it hurts him more when he is cheated on.the worst a woman can do when her man cheats on n her is to file for divorce and how easily do such women get another husban.it is how nature made it and not the society. i dnt condole cheating among any gender but i know it hurts more when the woman cheats.

Explain how "nature" made it so. It would be nice if you back that up with reference.

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by monex(m): 11:06am On Oct 08, 2014
cococandy:
I don't know about you ladies but if a man cheats on me,it ruins everything for me.

I wonder what he said to her to woo her.
Were they the same things he said to me?

I wonder what he said when he was about to cum.
"You're the sweetest woman I've ever had"
I know he said that to me too.

He must have complimented her beauty in ways he did to me.

Maybe lied too. "I'm single. Not married. Divorced. Just broke up". Anything to get her to relax and open up.
I like to feel that I'm the apple of my man's eye.

If he could forget how valuable he said I was,if he could discard my well being and feelings the moment he see another,then it means I'm not the woman I thought I was to him.

It will make me feel CHEAP.

It is not acceptable. Not even slightly acceptable.

I don't know what he'll feel if I cheat on him but I'm pretty sure it's akin to what I'll feel if he cheats on me.

will it be ok if he just paid a prostitute and said no "sweet nothings" to sleep with her
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by lezz(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2014
@Op all your points are so valid,my guy. I have one exception and that's the title: all men across the world wil relate to all your points and not just nigerian men. Any man who doesnt relate to it is either gay or was brought up by a domineering/over bearing mother . The implications and perception of a cheating wife is far more damaging. The very nature of sex,the woman lying on her back,spreading her legs in anticipated welcome and sweet surrender; The man mounting atop her and parting her warm feminine door open and pounding her in and out.. . . which man will take or live with such imagery. Little wonder the Bible refers to it as defilement. 90% of women's adultery are cold blooded, premeditated execution like a snake's.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 08, 2014
Mintayo:

keep waiting dear,keep waiting!

I am not waiting. I am just watching how you will talk yourself out of it. I knew from the beginning that you could NOT back up your accusation.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Mintayo(m): 11:12am On Oct 08, 2014
pickabeau1:

Can you explain the correlation between cheating in a marriage and gender equality
I get the relation to equal opportunities, education, jobs, access to property.
nice question i must say,a very nice question. And one carefreebabe was playing a blind game!
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Mintayo(m): 11:16am On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I am not waiting. I am just watching how you will talk yourself out of it. I knew from the beginning that you could NOT back up your accusation.
Its actually a waste of time answering you,just as it is a waste of time to take dem wey dey your league serious.
If you are sincere enough,which i doubt,you will go through are post and also go through some of d post of d people that quoted her,you will see they also had the same question nd replies!
But i guess you are not!
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 08, 2014
Mintayo:

Its actually a waste of time answering you,just as it is a waste of time to take dem wey dey your league serious.
If you are sincere enough,which i doubt,you will go through are post and also go through some of d post of d people that quoted her,you will see they also had the same question nd replies!
But i guess you are not!

I didn't accuse anyone. You did so it is your job to back up your accusations. As long as you cannot, they remain baseless accusations.

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Mintayo(m): 11:20am On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I didn't accuse anyone. You did so it is your job to back up your accusations. As long as you cannot, they remain baseless accusations.
Ok!

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by simpleseyi: 11:21am On Oct 08, 2014
If you as a lady go to your mother and tell her that your husband is cheating on you. Your mother will say, please my daughter forgive him and forget the issue and try as much as possible to make yourself more attractive to him so that your husband will stop looking outside. Your mother will add that all men are equal and that your dad did similar things when they (your parents were younger).

However, if your elder brother comes home to tell your same mother that he caught his wife cheating, your mother will say that a cheating wife is a death trap to the husband and advice your brother to send the adulterous wife away. Most parents will do same.

Whether you like it or not, a man is not equal to a woman.

9 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Toks2008(m): 11:24am On Oct 08, 2014
I really feel for the women folk in Nigeria.

A man sees a sweet lady and walks up to her straight up to make his feelings known but a lady especially in Nigeria will not just dare walk up to a guy to express her feelings for him without been seen as cheap.

I want every man reading this to realize that just as we are hoping to hook up with a lady of our spec,in like manner a lady wants the same so why make them feel withdrawn?

A lady will see a guy that matches her dream guy and all she can do is to HOPE the guy walks up to her and if the guy doesn't, she watches the guy leave just like that. So sad.

I think ladies should find a way of initiating conversation in such a situation and if the guy does not see the green light then sorry.

And when they eventually get married, they are supposed to take shits from the guy for fear of been a divorcee and the stigma that comes with it.

Here we are now implying that a man can bleep a woman asides his wife and its just ok while a woman must not make the mistake of getting caught if at all she is practicing and that's just the way it is and there is nothing the women folk can do but to maintain a status quo.

What a pity. GOD help our women.

8 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 11:26am On Oct 08, 2014
faceURfront:

Benue South Senatorial District things
Same In Kogi and Some Parts Of Nsukka.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2014
_

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by funshint(m): 11:34am On Oct 08, 2014
grin grin grin grin but really no sadness can be compared to a man's cheated upon! embarassed

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2014
I have come to understand that men and women are wired differently!,if a man cheats, he usually does that with his big joe as his only accomplice,except in cases where there was never a connection between the man and his spouse,and the marriage was bound to hit the rocks.

Cheating is different for women as they are all wired up, a lot of emotions are involved as the lover guy not only gets to bleep her coochie but her mind too! lipsrsealed, the type of mind-bleeping that will make her forget she has a spouse or family or make her start comparing her secret lover and her spouse.

Thats more than enough trauma for a husband as he will always feel inadequate

I have never heard of a man accepting a cheating wife back in these parts unless she is the moneybag in the house,and he is just the extra hand,the most recent exception i have seen is in the movie "half of a yellow sun", where odenigbo(chinwetel ejiofor) accepted his fiancee back, after she cheated on him with their mutual friend and colleague because she did it to get back at him...
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 08, 2014
You hit it man! grin
ShoryuKen:
Ok, I'll digress with a narrative, before I get to answering your question... I've had two African Gray Parrots (locally AKA red-tail, or Paulie!) as pets in my lifetime. They are the most intelligent of birds; they've been scientifically proven to have the intelligence, and temperament of a 4-year old human, and live for 50-70 years. Here's the thing... they are monogamous, and stay with one partner for their ENTIRE lifetime! When domesticated as pets, they are very emotional, loving, and are fiercely defensive of their owner (in a household, they typically select, and super-bond with 1 person) – for example, they'll haughtily scream at, bite at (when newly aquatinted), and/or destroy the shoes of the girlfriend of a male human owner.
So, coming to your question, if an intelligent bird can keep to it's PROMISE of being MONOGAMOUS, why can't a human in MATRIMONY – male or female – keep their word?! If you wish NOT to be monogamous, let the other party KNOW your inclination/stance from the jump, rather then cheat.

Digressing again... the penis anatomically is a problem for males – not trying to sound sexist – observing nature, a male lizard that'll avoid you on a normal day, WILL run over your foot chasing a female lizard for sex, and NOT the other way round; same for the cock chasing a hen, male dog chasing a biiitch, etc. Randy-ness in male species is common occurrence – while not to be tolerated in a human RELATIONSHIP – it's more digestible than in a female; a randy male would be thought to be a champion, while a female a slut.

Finally, answering you question... It's just unsexy of a female to be slutty in any species – forget what The Kardashians/cable TV has made of/glamorizes it. Culturally, religiously, heck... even common-sense-ically it's a bad look... damn, "these millennial girls ain't loyal!" [in Chris Brown voice]

smiley
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by sexylogan(m): 11:39am On Oct 08, 2014
MzMariah:
You just reminded me of a culture in my village. If a man cheats on his wife it has no side effect but if a woman cheats (sleeps with another man) then she is as good as dead if she doesn't confess and have the necessary sacrifice done. She go just die like chicken.

We all are hoping and praying for the best sha, nobody wants a cheating partner.

I broke off an engagement after my ex confessed to cheating on me.
I hate cheats.
God forbid that my future wife cheats on me...if she does, I swear the marriage is over.
I have promised myself that I will be faithful and if I hav been able to do that while dating, I don't see why marriage will be different.
I can't stand cheats.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by mystiqueDZ(f): 11:41am On Oct 08, 2014
tooltip:
damn! grin, you are crazy! cheesy
smiley
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by pickabeau1: 11:45am On Oct 08, 2014
Ok.. that is clear

My observation so far is that more and more women are coming out against infidelity in marriage by men
I think a punitive approach by women will act as a deterrent as cheating is a personalitything and equality of cheating is a weird concept

Polyandry exists and can be allowed as an alternative lifestyle
The question is will any man want to be dragged into a polyandric system

If women stop accepting to be second wives or more, polygny will cease

So what do u suggest are practical ways society can make the judgement on cheating the same

BananaBender:

*sigh* She said the society condones a man cheating but frowns at a woman cheating. Polygamy is legal for males by omission while polyandry isn't even a concept that is recognized.

Gender equality: refers to the view that men and women should receive equal treatment, and should not be discriminated against based on gender.

Gender equality is not suppose to be ignored in social institutions.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by cococandy(f): 11:57am On Oct 08, 2014
I'm big on forgiveness.
Oh I am.

But there must be repentance as a prerequisite. You can't continue in your bad ways and keep asking forgiveness all the time. It diminishes the value of forgiveness.

BTW. You're not in a position to ask me if I prescribe forgiveness or not.
At least I'm better than you who would like to be forgiven if you err but won't even consider forgiveness when you're the victim.
Nay you feel it is your right to do as you wish. Because your woman is a log of wood with no humanity or feelings.
50calibre:

Oh I understand!! So you're prescribing un-forgiveness?

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Sirchucks(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:
Talking about paying her price - well, that's true, let's not forget that the same way the guy forwent scores of women to pay her price, she forwent scores of guys to accept his price wink
Are u serious:-O
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
bebe2:
I kind of see ur point.

Se-x in marriage is sacred like u said.

Most men will never touch the woman again if they find out they slept wit someone else.

Call it pride or watever u like but the fact is wat drives a woman to infidelity is totally different from wat drives a man.

We will all agree that most men think wiy their pe-nis, once the thing done stand something need to bring am down regardless of the consequences. And most times these actions have no emotional involvement.

Buutttt before woman open leg for another man, e don weigh am, calculate am, manipulate am and decide say its worth doing.

And once she try am once, she go hardly stop am. Even science says there is a certain hormone thats secreted during se-x dats imbibes the memory of the man in her for a very very long time.

So which man wants to be competing with dat??
you said it all maam. Damn, bout that hormone thingy then am not gona marry a non virgin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / Wife Dumps Her Son, Empties Husband's Shops, Elopes With School Boyfriend / Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.