Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? (22839 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria / Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by blakky97(m): 8:11am On Oct 08, 2014
dhammyg:

WHAT PATRICIA ETTEH STOLE IS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT MEN LIKE ABACHA,IBB AND IBORI STOLEangry

See ehn? I don't like it when people quote me. So after this, please don't

What Eteh stole in her capacity reflects what she would have done if she was a president. So we can't conclude.

I give one: men cut hair for #200.
Women have brazilian hair of #350,000. (Half plot of land in Abijor area of lagos island

I'm not saying all women though, but most men steal to impress women.
If you could love us without it, then, we actually don't give a 4k about the G-wagons and bentleys and compressors and and whatever! We just want to serve God and teach children mathematics.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 08, 2014
NO! And Nigeria is NOT ready for a female president, maybe in the distant future.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Madeu(m): 8:12am On Oct 08, 2014
The only time Nigerian woman can be President of Nigeria, if she's the Vice President and the President dies or was impeached. The odds will be seriously against her. But for Nigerian woman to be voted for as President, I doubt that can happen. Even our '' Almighty'' America hasn't even gotten a Female VP, or a party Presidential representative talk more of POTUS.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by ChukuHD(m): 8:12am On Oct 08, 2014
;DMission possible
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by buJu234: 8:12am On Oct 08, 2014
i used to believe that women in naija can change naija but with Ngozi Iweala & diesani Allison; I jst concluded that the corruption virus that is in naija men are still in naija women.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by dramaticspeak(m): 8:12am On Oct 08, 2014
Well, let's bring this question up after goodlucks tenure ends in 2019
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by femi4: 8:13am On Oct 08, 2014
impactz:
Very possible. If you have read about woman, women, you'll know they have a higher thinking ability than men #NoOffence. And Women has have great sensitivity... am I am just saying YES its possible
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by ladej(m): 8:13am On Oct 08, 2014
IS NIGERIA READY FOR A MALE PRESIDENT?

COS WE HAVENT HAD A FUNCTIONING ONE IN A WHILE

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 08, 2014
I believe that a woman is more than qualified to become President of Nigeria....but the problem is, most Nigerians, including women do not want to vote for a female President.

There is also the problem of party structures in all the parties being male-controlled.

And of course, there is old fashioned male chauvinism.

But to digress....the problem with Nigerian politics is there is a lack of ideology and thinking on the part of both the followers and the politicians. Sort that problem out first, I say.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by teebaxy(m): 8:14am On Oct 08, 2014
To me i say a 'BIG NO'. Nigerians are like animals dat needs and iron hand. and remember dat women are weaker vessels.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by ojsmscom(m): 8:14am On Oct 08, 2014
Their felo women wont be happy
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 08, 2014
In another 300 years.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by UnknownT: 8:15am On Oct 08, 2014
Idrismusty97:
No! I doubts so even in a thousand years. Most women will not even support themselves. We shouldn't forget about Sarah Jibril who received only one vote and that is because she voted for herself cheesy. Even the first lady who was screaming "Women empowerment" everywhere didn't even vote for her.

Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” cheesy
https://www.nairaland.com/598729/sarah-jibril-one-vote-continue

Was the first lady part of the delegates that participated in that primaries?
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by chibaik(m): 8:15am On Oct 08, 2014
Yes! Like Patricia Etteh.

Mtcheeww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by teebaxy(m): 8:15am On Oct 08, 2014
To me i say a 'BIG NO'. Nigerians are like animals dat needs an iron hand. and remember dat women are weaker vessels and too emotional to rule naija
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2014
Its very possible, I will campaign for such a woman if she's the best candidate and she have something to offer not because she's a woman. Should she use gender to campaign, I will vote and campaign against her.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by 50calibre(m): 8:16am On Oct 08, 2014
The top jobs in Nigerian politics, are closed to women, there are no experienced, vibrant, independent, women in Nigerian politics, the few promising ones won't be allowed within a mile of the presidency.

In general, Nigerian women haven't got what it takes to withstand the heat associated with being a Nigerian president, most of them will buckle in the first year.

Nigerian women in politics have also demonstrated their proficiency in the art of corruption, I'm afraid a female president is going to set a new milestone by taking corruption to a grand level never seen before.

Finally, we all know the only thing worse than a stooge male president, is a stooge female president. That will spell complete disaster for a country like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Rilwayne001: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2014
No, not at all
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2014
INSTINCTS:
Women cant handle the pressure that comes along with ruling Nigeria.And most muslims will probably not vote for a woman in the first place.

Anambra state, a majority Christian state, did not vote for a woman governor when they had the chance(I am not referring to Peter Obi's ex-deputy).

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by rainbowb(f): 8:17am On Oct 08, 2014
Ofcourse it's possible and I think soon
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Revolva(m): 8:18am On Oct 08, 2014
woman....for president in nigeria...look even AMERICA..has not gotten there na nigerian women who arenot up to standards when it comes to politricks....wait na all these one sided women wan rule.....no way.....its gonna take a while...more...

PATIENCE JONATHAN FOR PRESIDENT .. grin grin grin grin
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by rozayx5(m): 8:19am On Oct 08, 2014
one woman one vote ask sara jubril cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by omooye4real(m): 8:19am On Oct 08, 2014
Hmmmmm big smileee.
My brother the answer no.
Ameen Capital NO.
Women can never be a nigeria president,
Hmmmmm,
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by emmysoftyou: 8:20am On Oct 08, 2014
ngozi okonjo iweala wil make a good president for nigeria..
i reserve my vote 4 her when she is ready to rule...cool
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Mathematical(f): 8:21am On Oct 08, 2014
Hummming... woman? Capital No. .the general populance of Nigeria is dominate by the northerners, when we all know that majority of the hausa's are muslim... Part's are extremists... And they dominate 80% of nigerian political parastatal. The case of sarah jubril should tell better... Even with the so called shouting of 'women empowerment 'by the latter.. none of them swing a vote for thier female counterpart...
I stand to be corrected ,nothing is impossible.. but the case of Nigeria producing a female president is an Utopian pipe dream..

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by tellwisdom: 8:21am On Oct 08, 2014
victorazy:

Bros! shocked
So ur mother na prostitute shocked
Kai! Una nebos dey enjoy o grin
I wish I folo grin

It may not surprise me that the rest of the children from your mom are your kids.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by pregbara1: 8:22am On Oct 08, 2014
Nigeria is not, can not, shall never, will not, should not may never be ready for a female president.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by bruno419(m): 8:23am On Oct 08, 2014
Yes,and i will support that,,,becoz if a man thief 1million,woman go thief 500k,life go beta

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Pyroxene: 8:23am On Oct 08, 2014
undecidedAnd WHAT WILL D HUSBAND BE CALLED? FIrst HUSBANd, first gentleman , first man, first oga @ d top
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 08, 2014
No woman No cry
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 08, 2014
impactz:
Very possible. If you have read about woman, you'll know they have a higher thinking ability than men #NoOffence. And Women has great sensitivity... am just saying YES its possible
You are wrong !! Women's thinking can easily be clouded with emotion then how could such have higher thinking ability than men .... How many women has ever managed war and challenges better than men since the history of the world .....

Women has superb managerial skills no doubt but higher thinking faculty than men is a NO !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut / It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / Reynolds Construction At Work On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.