Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? (22845 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria / Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Begonia(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2014
Yes. Nigerian men have failed us in every way possible!

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:30am On Oct 08, 2014
M4gunners:
I have to agree with you. However,i have no doubt that sooner or later this will happen. The only reason the Hausa,s will not support it is this.
The Hausas are also stopping the US from having a female president for over 238 years now abi? Nigeria is just 54. Some society are just naturally built to be male dominate and even many women will agree to that. Nigeria unfortunately is such society. Even if they is no Hausa a woman President will still be very unlikely. Anambra a Christian/Igbo dominated state didn't vote for a female governor when they have the chance.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 08, 2014
phransix147:

Thinking ability u say? I think u said this for LIKE by the female folks but sorry

I thought it was a general Question. why not answer yours and leave someone's opinion out of it... #Snap

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 08, 2014
fairheven:

You are in a dream land..there are millions of women who have achieved fame without the help of any man,you know that the world and life itself has been tailored to favour men,so there is no basics for comparism.do know how many years it took,before women were allowed to vote in an election,not to talk of contesting,even in some countries they are still not yet allowed?

plz, can u name just 1 or 2 those women?
undecided
u seem to misunderstand me,i'm not disclosing the fact that women are powerful creatures,they are 1 of the reasons that men keep making a world a better place.
U said things were tailored to favor men,that's b'cus we've got the right brain n' strenght...we were programmed to transform this world.
Although,corruption n' evil has eaten deep into our society.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by BlackLeopard(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2014
Ready, no no really, what country even IS, there's always too loud opposition to that.

But that ain't say a thing about if there is a ready woman to be the President. Or if there's capable one enough. Of course dey be there.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by F117A: 11:09am On Oct 08, 2014
The only woman with a decent chance at the presidency was Dora akunyili.
No other woman has such clout in Nigeria.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by BlackLeopard(m): 11:09am On Oct 08, 2014
totogrill:

u seem to misunderstand me,i'm not disclosing the fact that women are powerful creatures,they are 1 of the reasons that men keep making a world a better place.
U said things were tailored to favor men,that's b'cus we've got the right brain n' strenght...we were programmed to transform this world.

Thhat's unscientific unbiological sexist bs you've got there, bro.
You better educate yourself on how the brain really works before spouting this.
Only makes you sound uneducated.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by ayo4dworld(m): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2014
datguru:
Till jesus comes, it won't happen. The day it happens, I will eat my head
LOLS cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by yuzjet(m): 11:21am On Oct 08, 2014
M4gunners:
I have to agree with you. However,i have no doubt that sooner or later this will happen. The only reason the Hausa,s will not support it is this.

Yes I got it. Immorality.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by fridayj(m): 11:49am On Oct 08, 2014
Where there are no horses. D ram seem to b d fastest animal..where d men dey....boiz are nt smilling.....

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by M4gunners: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2014
yuzjet:

Yes I got it. Immorality.
Gbam
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by yemyemis(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2014
not @ all! not in naija. If mama p can cry on national tv den our den female presido wil b cryin evry day cry
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by fairheven: 11:54am On Oct 08, 2014
totogrill:

plz, can u name just 1 or 2 those women?
undecided
Opera winfrey is a self-made billionire,not to talk millions of single mothers who raised their kids and turned them to superster without the help of men,so wt are you driving are...if giving equal opportunities,women wd equal if not exceed men in all ramifications..
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by dokunbam(m): 11:56am On Oct 08, 2014
If they are unfaithful with moni for foodstuff and soup stuff, they can't be faithful with our resources
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Orunto: 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
Yes! NOI can be President of Nigeria in 2015 if APC can play the game right. But they are clueless!
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Asomat: 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
Yes. Woman can be President of Nigeria, it wil only happen d way Goodluck J. became d President. They can be President, from Vice President 2 acting President (when something happen 2 d president) and then 2 President just like GEJ.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by dejt4u(m): 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Aitee1: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
datguru:
Till jesus comes, it won't happen. The day it happens, I will eat my head

Bookmark!!! undecided
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
Are women ready for such roles?
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
undecided i don't even think we are ready for a black president angry
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by MovingMax: 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
Yes, woman can become the presdent of Nigeria. The only problem we will have is, Nigeria may not be in talking terms with her neighbouring countries
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2014
Why are men discriminatory against women?! angry lipsrsealed Indeed, the world always look down on women for religious and hierarchical reasons and what a load of BS in almost all society. The day the world looks inward and see how biased it has been for all these years against women and change for good the day the we will sincerely move forward. Seeing women as not qualify for positions as human beings like men is inequality and it is annoying to say the least. I don't understand why women are often relegated to the background and made to be subjective to the men all the time.

This is a big struggle for women and it makes them to be restricted to particular area of life. Like staying in the home to look after children like the gatekeepers. Jeez! Male chauvinism is doing the world no good. Women need to start fighting for their rights in Nigeria and I am in support of them.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by MuyiwaF1(m): 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
Is Nigeria ready?.. i don't know. I honest don't think a Nigerian woman can cope with the caze that goes with a Nigerian politics. Asin the lengths people go....
But a more important question is"Will they let a woman rule Nigeira?"
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by caprini1: 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
OP.....i hope you dont want the president and other arms of government not to be in talking terms when there is an issue?....we never mature for a female president yet.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Mbediogu(m): 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
[quote author=impactz post=26958365]Very possible.

It takes more than brains to make a successful President. As President, you sometimes sometimes have to face sly and demanding men like Obama, as well as fire spitting bulldozers like my good friend Putin. With such men, brains alone wont do. Tears and appeal dont matter. You need gusto, machismo and above all, BALLS, and women dont have those.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by kemsy100(m): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
INSTINCTS:
Women cant handle the pressure that comes along with ruling Nigeria.And most muslims will probably not vote for a woman in the first place.

I think i'll go with you for the first statement "pressure".
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by xtervaganza(m): 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
odikomo1:
Women are fast growing in politics. There are now countries with notable female presidents and Nigeria has women who are deputy governors and some now aspiring to be governors. Very soon they will try the mission impossible, that is to become the president of Nigeria. The question is; can a woman be the president of Nigeria
in the next 16 years no woman can be nigeria's president

Politics is a ladder

1st let's have a female elected governor, then a female senate president
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by oluyale(m): 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
[size=13pt]Now, you can meet, attract & date all the beautiful women of your dreams with the incredible new step by step book...[/size]

[size=15pt]Click Here http://paytweet98.mjhbook.[/size]

1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by johnwell(m): 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
odikomo1:
Women are fast growing in politics. There are now countries with notable female presidents and Nigeria has women who are deputy governors and some now aspiring to be governors. Very soon they will try the mission impossible, that is to become the president of Nigeria. The question is; can a woman be the president of Nigeria

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by barnabas91: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
ℓ trust ♍y mama Mrs Ngozi Okonjo Iweala can handle that seat...so dedicated to service..ℓ love her seriousness abeg....hate †ђξ likes of Stella Oduah...ℓ bliv thr ar women that are capable of leading nigeria to the promise land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Caption These Photos Of Okorocha And Mimiko In A Show Of Friendship / "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians / Enugu Clash: Police, DSS, IPOB Give Conflicting Casualty Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.