Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? (22844 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria / Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Amack(m): 8:24am On Oct 08, 2014
I'm against woman to be Nigeria president. Because she will bow to America pleasure and make nigeria a gay country.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by blakky97(m): 8:26am On Oct 08, 2014
Lilimax:
Yes we are ready when given the right platform.
Women should be allowed to participate freely in politics. smiley
You know what?
I find something very amazing about you women!
The hypocrisy! Oh yes! The hypocrisy!!!

You support yourselves in social media, whereas in the real sense. If I put 2 girls in the same room, 2 days won't pass away except that they will fight and keep malice with them selves.

But guys support them selves every where, and yet live in peace with each other.

Why?

Why can't you be real?

Tell me sincerely, do you want a female president? Especially if she's not related to you

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by helphelp: 8:26am On Oct 08, 2014
kolawaxxy:

now I know why you believe they are better than men when it comes to reasoning.

As for the question, maybe state governors

Wizardry....lmao
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 08, 2014
Hmmmmm, in dis country? Forget it oooo. No way its gonna happen
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by 1stklazz(m): 8:27am On Oct 08, 2014
grin ;D4 9ja here?4whre not in a million yrs 2 com#justsaying# ;D4 9ja here?4whre not in a million yrs 2 com#justsaying#
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Pyroxene: 8:27am On Oct 08, 2014
Hope she want be snapping presidential pix like this

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by helphelp: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2014
Amack:
I'm against woman to be Nigeria president. Because she will bow to America pleasure and make nigeria a gay country.

Are those gbags intentional to gain attention?

Or they are for real?
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2014
pregbara1:
Nigeria is not, can not, shall never, will not, should not may never be ready for a female president.
Dora Akuyili could have made a great one. She Could have cleaned up the mess called Nigeria. May God bless her resting soul.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by lordheir: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2014
Women with their fish behavior undecided chai
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by cutegp(m): 8:30am On Oct 08, 2014
this should not be the question, the question you should have asked is "should a woman become the president of nigeria"? Cuz the can bt they wont .
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by IdomaLikita: 8:31am On Oct 08, 2014
yuzjet:
Am not sure.

Reason being that:
Most of the Hausa are Muslim, and Islam don't allow a woman to lead where there are men. Taking a good look at the populations of the Hausa in the country, it leaves the women in a slim chance of leading the country in the future.

Though, it isn't a mission impossible.

But I can guarantee in the nearest future, the women governors from other regions aside North.

Hopefully, my wife to break the record. wink

Islam does not prohibit Woman Leadership Oga!
Pakistan is an Islamic Republic yet Benazir Bhutto(a female) still remains a Heroine there today!
Her Husband is the current Leader now because he rode on her popularity!
Queen Amina was an Absolute monarch of a Hausa State!
How many Southern Female Politicians are there kwanu?

I'm not too fond of Hausas but I hate Bigotry in intellectual arguments!

And to think 5 people "liked" your Lies!

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by bigsmoke2(m): 8:32am On Oct 08, 2014
HELL NO, we are still struggling with tribal and religious diversity, gender is another story on its own
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by blakky97(m): 8:32am On Oct 08, 2014
evegran:
NO! And Nigeria is NOT ready for a female president, maybe in the distant future.
Good! One love sister!
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Lilimax(f): 8:33am On Oct 08, 2014
blakky97:

You know what?
I find something very amazing about you women!
The hypocrisy! Oh yes! The hypocrisy!!!
You support yourselves in social media, whereas in the real sense. If I put 2 girls in the same room, 2 days won't pass away except that they will fight and keep malice with them selves.
But guys support them selves every where, and yet live in peace with each other.
Why?
Why can't you be real?
Tell me sincerely, do you want a female president? Especially if she's not related to you
undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by biggmusty(m): 8:33am On Oct 08, 2014
odikomo1:
Women are fast growing in politics. There are now countries with notable female presidents and Nigeria has women who are deputy governors and some now aspiring to be governors. Very soon they will try the mission impossible, that is to become the president of Nigeria. The question is; can a woman be the president of Nigeria
only afta woman role USA cos na dem we dey copy e.g no nonesense president USA get george Bush we get OBj, Black president dem put Obama nd we put Dark black GEJ... So let's wait for dia own move 1st
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Mintayo(m): 8:34am On Oct 08, 2014
I doubt it. In a country filled with hausa/northern muslims and muslims too,i don't think so!
Except she becomes the VP and something now happen to d President in the case of GEJ,even at that,she will not last!
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by lizzysam29(f): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2014
I don't tink dia Is nid 2 ask cos its obvious, if u observe d position women held & re still holdin,re places Wia true leadership is being Potraite e.g late Dora. Jst 2 mention one. Wia eva women re dey lead wt integrity, justice & firmness. Dia 4 we nid women 2 standup 2 b d president of Nigeria.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by yuzjet(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2014
IdomaLikita:

Islam does not prohibit Woman Leadership Oga!
Pakistan is an Islamic Republic yet Benazir Bhutto(a female) still remains a Heroine there today!
Her Husband is the current Leader now because he rode on her popularity!
Queen Amina was an Absolute monarch of a Hausa State!
How many Southern Female Politicians are there kwanu?

I'm not too fond of Hausas but I hate Bigotry in intellectual arguments!

And to think 5 people "liked" your Lies!

Ur opinion is welcome. That was just mine.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by deletrue: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2014
I dey tire for most Nigerians! Do they ever study who is woman is in Nigeria? Maybe some are just dreaming of woman every hour. I am not saying women do not have the capacity to perform but the hate a woman has for another fellow woman is such that if a woman and man contests same position, care is not taken, no woman will ever vote for another woman. In fact be it the same family, they are treble things you cannot catigoricall affirm who a woman is. Women pretend as if they like and love each other. They can gather, make or preach political speech but just allow a particular woman to pick a governorship ticket etc and contest, you will be surprised that no single woman will vote for her. Remember the only woman who contested in Jona's administration who got only one vote? Besides, Nigeria is such that woman can only be offered political appointment because the Nigerian system does offer such opportunities..
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by IcebergKaura(m): 8:41am On Oct 08, 2014
most women can't rule their family, what makes you think they can rule the like of shekau? That sit is hotter than hell fire ask GEJ he will lecture you.. He is just in his early 50s but having gray hairs like the can president.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by tiarwale: 8:41am On Oct 08, 2014
Pistolx:
Women wahala too much nawhat will be the fate of the country when they are on dia period
grin grin grin LWKMD
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by merits(m): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2014
embarassed

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by king4who: 8:42am On Oct 08, 2014
Let gve dem chance 1st
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by omonla555: 8:43am On Oct 08, 2014
These people, ok nao
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by oluwasayoisaac: 8:43am On Oct 08, 2014
Nigeria is nt mature for a female President,possibly some yrs time "power may change hands from male to female president"
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by fulfillment22: 8:43am On Oct 08, 2014
impactz:
Very possible. If you have read about woman, you'll know they have a higher thinking ability than men #NoOffence. And Women has great sensitivity... am just saying YES its possible

The fact that women are more sensible than you doesnt make all other people be alike. you dont generalize, learn how to use the word 'most'
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Thomsbuky(m): 8:45am On Oct 08, 2014
Man or Female president will that make any different?, I doubt He/she will be surrounded with same mundane corrupts politicians. These psycho Nigerian politician, cannot even rule their own house, they are in government to loot the treasury . iIts in the their blood either men or women, bunch of the same feather that flock together...remember Aviation minister (bullet proof cars scandal) and another women head of civil minister that raise false voucher bills paying millions into churches for glory and personal use... what is the diffeent?

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by king4who: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2014
Let gve dem d chance 1st
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by delugadou(m): 8:46am On Oct 08, 2014
No woman is qualified to rule Nigeria. They are generally shallow-minded and easily get intoxicated with just little power. Even having one as a VP is risky.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by NifemiOlu(m): 8:47am On Oct 08, 2014
It is NOT possible for 2 reasons except those reasons fade away.
1. Religion: We live in a country where some religions don't have a reservation for women to rule. Ask Gbemisola Saraki of Kwara State.
2. Track record: MOST women given leadership roles at the highest level have failed/extremely corrupt. (Madueke Mrs, Etteh, 2 former ministers of education etc)
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by September18(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2014
Not Nigeria foR now at this Present state of mayhem(terrorism) crisis maybe later in the future .
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Kentvilla: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2014
Absolutely yes,but not at this point in time when Nigeria is in a dilemma,my first comment on nairaland after four years as a guest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abiodun Akinlade Returns To APC / Caption These Photos Of Okorocha And Mimiko In A Show Of Friendship / "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.