Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" (15961 Views)

''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / 7 Importance Of Holiness / Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 12, 2014
italo:
I should be asking you.

Since Christ has atoned for their sins, why did Peter have to preach to them?

Y are you always this childish? It is obvious u r wired wrongly.

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by alentyno: 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
PastorOluT:

Smile, now I know u are dumb for sure for surely I use to give u reasonable doubt before.

U quote a scripture out of context n the only one u see to back up ur lame claim. In what context was Paul saying that, u use a verse out of context to negate all Jesus said? I pity u sincerely.

What does John 3:16- 17; 17:1 n a whole lot mean to u?

I will be back to quote all those scriptures not for u 'cos u case is done bt for others on this thread.
Lol pastor you funny ooo
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by alentyno: 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

cheesy cheesy may be we should move this thread to Joke section lol
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 8:19am On Oct 13, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

ad hominem.

Dont attack my person simply because you can't face up to my argument.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 8:27am On Oct 13, 2014
I understand the mystery of redemption more than you.

I agree with practically all you said, except that, not just faith is needed for salvation but FAITH AND GOOD WORKS...as attested to by countless passages in the Bible.

Do you agree?

Yes or no?

dein77:

Obviously, you either don't understand the mystery of redemption or you're simply being sarcastic.

The death and resurrection of Christ paved the way for our salvation, but faith in Him is required if we must enjoy this redemption. These are issues that are taught in the first few days after conversion.

Cornelius was accepted in the beloved due to the finished work of Christ on the cross. Peter had to show him the way of faith so he could appropriate his redemption blessings.

Have a great service today. It's being nice talking with you. Our ultimate purpose is to be prepared for His eventually return.

Shalom.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 8:31am On Oct 13, 2014
PastorKun:

What has these questions got to do with the question asked you As I said earlier if you are referring to the recent scandals of Orisejafor, oyakhilome and Tb joshua, I condemn their acts in all it's entirety and I have no regard for these charlatans so stop asking me to define their deceitful acts.

Now can you kindly define Idolatory and stop evading the question.

if you will not define "adultery" "invisible bomb" and "money laundering, "...

I will not define idolatry.

I don't know why you're mentioning names.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 13, 2014
@pastorkun if you were asked to speak is that the way you will openly call them CHARLARTANS" on television.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 13, 2014
@goshen preaching Holiness as sinlessness is preaching it the way it was taught in the bible.John said that anybody that commits sin is of the devil.he said that anybody that is born of God doth not commit sin because God's sin remains in him.But he also said that if we sin he is faithful to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.Jesus said that we should be perfect even as the Heavenly father is.He also said that the devil came to him and found nothing.Jesus wants us to be like that.the reason we repent daily is because we cannot be too clean to be washed by the blood beacause of our flesh.

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 8:56am On Oct 13, 2014
italo:
I understand the mystery of redemption more than you.

I agree with practically all you said, except that, not just faith is needed for salvation but FAITH AND GOOD WORKS...as attested to by countless passages in the Bible.

Do you agree?

Yes or no?

I vehemently disagree.

For by grace are ye saved through faith: and thatnot of yyourselves: it is the gift of God.
Not of WORKS lest any man should boast. Ephe 2:8-9.

Being justified by FAITH, we have peace with God through Jesus Christ. Rom 5.1.

It is the good works we do after faith that are acceptable unto God, not before.

You can't work with a company till you are gainfully employed by it. Faith is the ID card with which you can pass through the company's gate and get access. Thereafter, your works can be appraised by the company.

In closing, tell me the good works done by the thief on the Cross that granted him paradise!

If this brief explanation isn't clear to you, then there's nothing anyone else or I can do about your opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 8:57am On Oct 13, 2014
Striving against sin is part of holiness.

Striving to do good always is part of holiness.

These are the things that you scammers avoid.

Show me where I said "holiness=sinlessness!"

Goshen360:

We do NOT take sides with sin neither do we support sinful acts but you know sin comes in different forms.....in thought, acts and words. So the fact that a man doesn't committ sin in act doesn't mean he don't committ it in thought or words.

These holiness preachers see sin virtually in everything a christian does. They teach and carry sin consciousness everywhere rather than teaching and carrying Christ righteousness everywhere.

What we're asking YOU to do is show us where HOLINESS means\or equal to SINLESSNESS.....if you are part of the "holiness" movement.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 9:04am On Oct 13, 2014
Now you're saying it wasn't the Holy Spirit that inspired Romans 2?

Ehn, pastor olodo?!

And you still are too dishonest to answer whether believers who do bad are heaven-bound while non-believers who are good are hell-bound!

grin

PastorOluT:

Smile, now I know u are dumb for sure for surely I use to give u reasonable doubt before.

U quote a scripture out of context n the only one u see to back up ur lame claim. In what context was Paul saying that, u use a verse out of context to negate all Jesus said? I pity u sincerely.

I will be back to quote all those scriptures not for u 'cos u case is done bt for others on this thread.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 13, 2014
italo:

ad hominem.

Dont attack my person simply because you can't face up to my argument.

You are the one attacking people wrongly. I am only making an observation!

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 9:30am On Oct 13, 2014
Face the argument...forget me.

smiley

Bobbysworld28:

You are the one attacking people wrongly. I am only making an observation!
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 9:43am On Oct 13, 2014
italo:

Ehn, pastor olodo?!

And you still are too dishonest to answer whether believers who do bad are heaven-bound while non-believers who are good are hell-bound!

My brother, anyone that deliberately makes a practice is not a Christian. If they don't repent and walk in holiness, then they are bound for hell.

Non-believers who do good can't make it to heaven, because at best, their good works are as filthy as rags. Except a man be born again, he CANNOT see the Kingdom of God. Jn 3.3.

grin

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 9:49am On Oct 13, 2014
Prayer is a good work...and the good thief prayed. It was all he had the opportunity to do on the cross.

God doesn't judge a person unfairly. His ordinary way of saving is through Christ but he wont send a good Bhuddist who never heard of Christ to hell just because hes not a Christian. God is not like you pentecostals.

I believe all the verses you quoted. They dont contradict my view. I believe we are saved by grace through faith. But nowhere do the verses say we are saved through faith alone.

Now that I have answered you, can you answer these?

1. If you have faith, and no works, can that faith save you?

2. If you have so much faith that you perform miracles in Jesus' name, can you go to hell?

3. If you believe Jesus is Lord but do not do good to your neighbour, can you enter heaven?

4. A person is justified by WORKS, not by FAITH ALONE. Yes or No?
grin
dein77:

I vehemently disagree.

For by grace are ye saved through faith: and thatnot of yyourselves: it is the gift of God.
Not of WORKS lest any man should boast. Ephe 2:8-9.

Being justified by FAITH, we have peace with God through Jesus Christ. Rom 5.1.

It is the good works we do after faith that are acceptable unto God, not before.

You can't work with a company till you are gainfully employed by it. Faith is the ID card with which you can pass through the company's gate and get access. Thereafter, your works can be appraised by the company.

In closing, tell me the good works done by the thief on the Cross that granted him paradise!

If this brief explanation isn't clear to you, then there's nothing anyone else or I can do about your opinion.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 9:57am On Oct 13, 2014
[quote author=dein77 post=27101058][/quote]

So a good man who dies without hearing of Jesus will go to hell?
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 13, 2014
italo:

smiley

Whats ur argument? U have been neither here nor there. Please, let us hear you out.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 10:16am On Oct 13, 2014
That's the problem. You haven't been reading.

Once you saw the moniker "italo," you set out to attack my person.

Bobbysworld28:

Whats ur argument? U have been neither here nor there. Please, let us hear you out.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 13, 2014
italo:
That's the problem. You haven't been reading.

Once you saw the moniker "italo," you set out to attack my person.

I dont even knw u, italo. U were rambling abt private jet and pastors in an unco-ordinated manner.
If it seems I have come after you, then it means u planted a bulls-eye on ur back.
I want you to summarize what ur issues are so that we can all learn along with u
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 10:38am On Oct 13, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

I dont even knw u, italo. U were rambling abt private jet and pastors in an unco-ordinated manner.
If it seems I have come after you, then it means u planted a bulls-eye on ur back.
I want you to summarize what ur issues are so that we can all learn along with u

We are saved by grace. Yes.

We are saved by grace through faith. Yes.

However, we are not saved by grace through FAITH ALONE...but by FAITH WORKING through LOVE. (FAITH and GOD WORKS).

You disagree?
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorOluT(m): 10:46am On Oct 13, 2014
italo:

Ehn, pastor olodo?!

grin

Did u go to school at all, can't u see the context of Romans 2 that Paul was speaking to the Jews who trusted in the law?

I can see u are not just dumb bt lost in deceit n can never be helped.

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorOluT(m): 10:59am On Oct 13, 2014
PastorOluT:

I am back to quote;

For God so love the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God didn't send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him us not condemned; but he who does not believe in Him is condemned already, because he had not believed in the name of the only begotten son of God.

John 3:16-18

And this is eternal life, that they may know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

John 17:3

So italo this does nt expressly state to u that none can be saved without Jesus?

3 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 13, 2014
italo:

We are saved by grace. Yes.

We are saved by grace through faith. Yes.

However, we are not saved by grace through FAITH ALONE...but by FAITH WORKING through LOVE. (FAITH and GOD WORKS).

You disagree?

Agreed. 90% sha.
But pls go on
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorKun(m): 11:33am On Oct 13, 2014
italo:

if you will not define "adultery" "invisible bomb" and "money laundering, "...

I will not define idolatry.

I don't know why you're mentioning names.

Answering questions with irrelevant questions is "Evasive tactics 101". answer my question first before derailing the thread.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 11:44am On Oct 13, 2014
italo:
Prayer is a good work...and the good thief prayed. It was all he had the opportunity to do on the cross.

God doesn't judge a person unfairly. His ordinary way of saving is through Christ but he wont send a good Bhuddist who never heard of Christ to hell just because hes not a Christian. God is not like you pentecostals.

I believe all the verses you quoted. They dont contradict my view. I believe we are saved by grace through faith. But nowhere do the verses say we are saved through faith alone.

Now that I have answered you, can you answer these?

2. If you have so much faith that you perform miracles in Jesus' name, can you go to hell?

3. If you believe Jesus is Lord but do not do good to your neighbour, can you enter heaven?

grin

Bro, Ephesians 2 : 8-9 is your answer. It's fruitless arguing over what's crystal clear.

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Simpsonrocket(m): 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
Always remember that any Christian who believes in Christ Jesus but does not fulfill the ten commandment is HELL BOUND. Rom 3v31 says: "Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary we establish the law". Also, Rom 6v15 says: "What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
Simpsonrocket:
Always remember that any Christian who believes in Christ Jesus but does not fulfill the ten commandment is HELL BOUND. Rom 3v31 says: "Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary we establish the law". Also, Rom 6v15 says: "What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!

Those who have the indwelling Holy Spirit CANNOT deliberately make a practice of sin.
Those who are led by the Holy Spirit do not only keep the physical law, they also keep the spiritual law. The spiritual law is higher than the physical law.
The physical law, for instance, only condemns the physical act of adultery; it cannot condemn the thought of adultery.
However, the spiritual law even forbids the thought of adultery.
The spiritual life is a higher life; higher than the mosaic or physical law.

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by brilapluz(m): 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2014
dein77:

Those who have the indwelling Holy Spirit CANNOT deliberately make a practice of sin.
Those who are led by the Holy Spirit do not only keep the physical law, they also keep the spiritual law. The spiritual law is higher than the physical law.
The physical law, for instance, only condemns the physical act of adultery; it cannot condemn the thought of adultery.
However, the spiritual law even forbids the thought of adultery.
The spiritual life is a higher life; higher than the mosaic or physical law.
so true!
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2014
Amen. I believe Ephesians 2:8,9. It doesn't say we are saved through faith ALONE.

Now can you answer my questions or has it got to that time when the Pharisees bolt away looking stupid and confounded?

dein77:

Bro, Ephesians 2 : 8-9 is your answer. It's fruitless arguing over what's crystal clear.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 5:49pm On Oct 13, 2014
italo:
Amen. I believe Ephesians 2:8,9. It doesn't say we are saved through faith ALONE.

Now can you answer my questions or has it got to that time when the Pharisees bolt away looking stupid and confounded?

Its wisdom to know when to quit a discussion, especially when its obviously headed nowhere.

Sir, you need to actually carefully study James 2, from whence you have taken your first question. Apostle James was discussing various kinds of faith.

As for your third question, according to Gal 5:21-22, one of the fruits of a Christian is GOODNESS. A Christian cannot not do good; its his nature to do good. We have the Spirit of Christ. Christ went about doing good; we must also do good.

As for your fourth question, i say NO......No man can be justified by works; his works are dirty before God. No good resides in a man who is unregenerated.

If you still hold on to your opinion of justification by faith+works, then you need to discuss it with your pastors in your local assembly.

I have done the little i can to enlighten you on this issue.

Besides you are no position to calling a fellow Christian a Pharisee.......

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2014
We are not justified by good works. It nullifies grace. However, when u hv been regenerated, it is in ur nature to do good works.
Good works are an offshoot of the life within.

If however an unregenerated man does good works, a way of salvation is provided for him (see d man Peter was sent to after Peter's vision of unclean animals). If d man accepts the gospel, fine! If not, he does not have salvation.

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2014
Bobbysworld28:
We are not justified by good works. It nullifies grace. However, when u hv been regenerated, it is in ur nature to do good works.
Good works are an offshoot of the life within.

If however an unregenerated man does good works, a way of salvation is provided for him (see d man Peter was sent to after Peter's vision of unclean animals). If d man accepts the gospel, fine! If not, he does not have salvation.

Thank you. Nothing to add!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? / The History Of Olumba Olumba (the Brotherhood Of Cross And Star) / Nigeria’s President Should Appoint Tb Joshua As An Official Advisor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.