Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" (15926 Views)

''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / 7 Importance Of Holiness / Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Yahwin(m): 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
No religion or church teach "holiness". What they teach you is disobedient to the scripture and its commandment.

Open your eyes!
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
italo:

I am already learning from you.

I am learning that you are many protestants hypocritically cling to lies so that they can practise their own customized christianity in which there is no sacrifice, only benefits.

The Holy Spirit says "a man is justified by works, not by faith alone." Learn from him, even if you dislike me or the Catholic Church.

I know that the next thing you will be looking for is not how to humble yourself and accept the truth, but another way to twist the truth to fit into your lie.

Dominus vobiscum.

rom4.21-24.kjv And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

The above did not come by the inspiration of satan. There is an article I will share with u.
No one is fighting with u, but u always seem at war within urself. This constantly shows up in ur writings.
Be dt as it may, u will still be schooled properly

3 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
italo:
There is no dilemma.

Nobody here said we are saved by works.

The Catholic Church says we are saved by the grace of God but faith and works are our necessary response.

Both passages fit well into that doctrine but your false doctrine contradicts James 2:24.

When I say a thing and slide in a 'but', It means what I said earlier can be discarded all together.

E.g 'she is beautiful but ... '. The listener can as well discard that beautiful and draw a conclusion from the statement that follows the 'but'.

If your Catholic Church says we are saved by grace, why come up with a 'but'. When you add the 'but' only to include works, can we still regard the first statement that says 'The Catholic Church says we are saved by the grace of God ' as a valid statement?

What spirit inspired Paul when he said- Romans 11:6

And if it is by grace, it is no longer by works, otherwise grace would no longer be grace

Going by this scripture, can the Catholic Church say salvation is by grace (meaning a gift from God) but works is yet a requisite to the same salvation that was said to be a gift?

3 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 1:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

rom4.21-24.kjv And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

The above did not come by the inspiration of satan. There is an article I will share with u.
No one is fighting with u, but u always seem at war within urself. This constantly shows up in ur writings.
Be dt as it may, u will still be schooled properly

Amen. I believe that if we believe (have faith), we will be justified, as the Holy Spirit says in Rom 4.

But the Holy Spirit never says that if (have faith ALONE), we will be justified.

He says in James 2 that "a man is justified by his works, not by faith ALONE."

Why do you disbelieve the Holy Spirit and insist on schooling him, protestant?
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2014
shdemidemi:

When I say a thing and end with a 'but', It means what I said earlier can be discarded all together.

E.g 'she is beautiful but ... '. The listener can as well discard that beautiful and draw a conclusion from the statement that follows the 'but'.

If your Catholic Church says we are saved by grace, why come up with a 'but'. When you add the 'but' only to include works, can we still regard the first statement that says 'The Catholic Church says we are saved by the grace of God ' as a valid statement?

And if it is by grace, it is no longer by works, otherwise grace would no longer be grace

Going by this scripture, can the Catholic Church say salvation is by grace (meaning a gift from God) but works is yet a requisite to the same salvation that was said to be a gift?

Abraham was saved by the grace of God. Yet he had to be justified by his works.

The sheep in Matt 25:31-46 were saved by the grace of God. Yet they had to respond to that grace by doing good to neighbour.

It was the Holy Spirit that said these things.

Why do you disregard him?
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
italo:

Abraham was saved by the grace of God. Yet he had to be justified by his works.

Genesis 15

6 Abram believed the Lord, and the Lord considered his response of faith as proof of genuine loyalty. NET

6 And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness. KJV

Abraham was not made righteous/justified because he worked but because he believed. When you understand this bit, it will be easier to understand who this particular James is (he is the step brother of Jesus), to whom he was speaking and the conditions surrounding what he said.

Under a legalistic system/ temple worship James was perfectly in tune with God concerning the message to the scattered jews but under the gospel of liberty in Christ where God takes up the work to make a believer will and do, Paul's message remains relevant to the church(mix multitude, jews and gentiles but one body) as we have it today.

italo:

The sheep in Matt 25:31-46 were saved by the grace of God. Yet they had to respond to that grace by doing good to neighbour.

It was the Holy Spirit that said these things.

Why do you disregard him?

Were they even speaking of or about grace in the verses you quoted? There was a place for works in the old testament before the death of Christ and a place for grace after His death. The grace dispensation ends at rapture and we will have the era of the Great tribulation which will demand works from those who shall be saved. The two, grace and works can never mix.

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
shdemidemi:

Genesis 15

6 Abram believed the Lord, and the Lord considered his response of faith as proof of genuine loyalty. NET

6 And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness. KJV

Abraham was not made righteous/justified because he worked but because he believed. When you understand this bit, it will be easier to understand who this particular James is (he is the step brother of Jesus), to whom he was speaking to and the conditions surrounding what he said.

Under a legalistic system/ temple worship James was perfectly in tune with God concerning the message to the scattered jews but under the gospel of liberty in Christ where God takes up the work to make a believer will and do, Paul's message remains relevant to the church(mix multitude, jews and gentiles but one body) as we have it today.

Were they even speaking of or about grace in the verses you quoted? There was a place for works in the old testament before the death of Christ and a place for grace after His death. The grace dispensation ends at rapture and we will have the era of the Great tribulation which will demand works from those who shall be saved. The two, grace and works can never mix.

Keep fooling yourself.

The Bible clearly says a man is justified by his works, not faith alone.

Matt 25:31-46 clearly shows that people are entering heaven because they did good to their neighbour.

But you are hell-bent on your heresy.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
italo:

Keep fooling yourself.

The Bible clearly says a man is justified by his works, not faith alone.

Matt 25:31-46 clearly shows that people are entering heaven because they did good to their neighbour.

But you are hell-bent on your heresy.
kai! na wa for you o..works are for rewards not for salvation.why are u contradicting paul and the holy spirit?

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bidam:
kai! na wa for you o..works are for rewards not for salvation.why are u contradicting paul and the holy spirit?

U go talk tire. Stronger mouths have, in wisdom, left the scene of argument.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by vest(m): 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bidam:
What Is The Reward For Bad Works Nd For Good Works

Remember Bad Works=sin
Therefore If My Good Works Can Nt Save Me Then My Bad Works Should Also Nt Dame Me.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by vest(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
italo:
There is no dilemma.

Nobody here said we are saved by works.

The Catholic Church says we are saved by the grace of God, faith and works are our necessary response.

Both passages fit well into that doctrine but your false doctrine contradicts James 2:24.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
vest:

What Is The Reward For Bad Works Nd For Good Works

Remember Bad Works=sin
Therefore If My Good Works Can Nt Save Me Then My Bad Works Should Also Nt Dame Me.
Christ is in us as believers.Christ is the vine. Can a good tree produce bad fruits?
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by vest(m): 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
shdemidemi:

Work Of Laws e.g Circumsition is different from works of grace

the works paul is talkn abt dire is the works of laws which can nt save
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bidam:

Why did the sheep in Matt 25:31-46 enter heaven?
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
dein77:

U go talk tire. Stronger mouths have, in wisdom, left the scene of argument.

You left when I proved you were contradicting the bible.

You said a man is not justified by works.

God says a man is justified by works. (James 2:24)
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
vest:

Work Of Laws e.g Circumsition is different from works of grace

the works paul is talkn abt dire is the works of laws which can nt save

What do you mean by works of grace?
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by vest(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bidam:
Christ is in us as believers.Christ is the vine. Can a good tree produce bad fruits?
yes christ is in us to inspire us to do good bt we can stil choose nt to.

the quesion shuld b can a good orange tree produce bad fruit
Ans:no
Can A Bad Orange Tree Produce Good Fruit

The Fact Dat An Orange Tree Produces A Bad Friut Dosen't Mean It's Not An Orange Tree.

My Quesion Is Why Wil A Man's Work Be Tested As Paul Said If It Is Nt Necessary?

Why Shuld I Work Out My Faith In Fear Nd Trembling If Once I Bliv In Him Oly Am Saved?

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by jnrbayano(m): 6:18pm On Oct 14, 2014
shdemidemi:

Love!!

...in other words, "faith at work" or "practical faith"

It is also "doing good to your neighbour" just as Jesus pointed out in Matt 25:31-46, in the parable of the Good Samaritan and all through the scripures..

Why is this so hard to grasp/understand?

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 6:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
italo:

You left when I proved you were contradicting the bible.

You said a man is not justified by works.

God says a man is justified by works. (James 2:24)

Yes. You won.

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by vest(m): 6:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
shdemidemi:

Work Of Grace Is The Good Works Of Chirst We Do Inspired By The Holy Spirit Nt because God Owe Us Anytin Bt Simply Our Repons To His Grace

Faith Alone=heresy

Works Alone=heresy

Faith And Works In Christ Jesus=truth

Christ Dies So Our Good Works, Our Sufferings(sacrifice)Could Be Salvic

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by vest(m): 6:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
dein77:

Yes. You won.
Brother Its Nt Abt Who Loss Or Wins

If U Say My Works Are Nt Important For My Salvation It Means I Dnt Nid To Do Anytin Good Or Bad Cus Nt Doing Good Work Is Doing Bad Work
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
vest:
Brother Its Nt Abt Who Loss Or Wins

If U Say My Works Are Nt Important For My Salvation It Means I Dnt Nid To Do Anytin Good Or Bad Cus Nt Doing Good Work Is Doing Bad Work

Believe me, I'm not ready to enter into another round of futile arguments.
Shalom!
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by vest(m): 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
dein77:

Believe me, I'm not ready to enter into another round of futile arguments.
Shalom!

Ok Me Too!
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2014
vest:

The Fact Dat An Orange Tree Produces A Bad Friut Dosen't Mean It's Not An Orange Tree.

My Quesion Is Why Wil A Man's Work Be Tested As Paul Said If It Is Nt Necessary?
1 cor 3 KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

NET version

13 each builder’s work will be plainly seen, for the Day will make it clear, because it will be revealed by fire. And the fire will test what kind of work each has done. 14 If what someone has built survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If someone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

vest:
Why Shuld I Work Out My Faith In Fear Nd Trembling If Once I Bliv In Him Oly Am Saved?

That does not mean that they’re going to work for their salvation. They’ve got that already. So what does Paul mean when he says, "Work out your own salvation?" That their salvation become a part and parcel of their everyday experience.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 7:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
vest:

Work Of Grace Is The Good Works Of Chirst We Do Inspired By The Holy Spirit Nt because God Owe Us Anytin Bt Simply Our Repons To His Grace

Faith Alone=heresy

Works Alone=heresy

Faith And Works In Christ Jesus=truth

Christ Dies So Our Good Works, Our Sufferings(sacrifice)Could Be Salvic

What part of the bible did you construct this from, I can't seem to find where faith and works are requisite to salvation. All I see is believe and you shall be saved, through justification,propitiation, election, ultimately by God's mercy.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2014
italo:

Why did the sheep in Matt 25:31-46 enter heaven?

Believers are saved unto good works. They are not saved because of good works. Read vv46..it says the righteous to eternal life. Once a believer accepts the gift of salvation which is free, he has eternal life and it comes naturally for him to do good especially to those of the household of faith.

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
vest:

yes christ is in us to inspire us to do good bt we can stil choose nt to.
A true believer doesn't have a choice not to do good. It is God that is at work in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure.
the quesion shuld b can a good orange tree produce bad fruit
Can A Bad Orange Tree Produce Good Fruit

Do you really understand what it means to be born again? Do you know the import of a new creature? Do you realise what ETERNAL LIFE means? The analogy of a good tree i used is from scripture, no need for play of words here.
You speak like a catholic who believes in purgatory. Read the end of that verse..it says the person shall be saved though he suffers loss. The truth is salvation is not of works whichever way you look at it.
To "work out" is not the same as to "work for". To work out is to demnstrate what you already have while to work for is to engage in something as a means to obtain something...two different things.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 9:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bidam:
Believers are saved unto good works. They are not saved because of good works. Read vv46..it says the righteous to eternal life. Once a believer accepts the gift of salvation which is free, he has eternal life and it comes naturally for him to do good especially to those of the household of faith.

Bro, u go talk tire. ....
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
dein77:

Bro, u go talk tire. ....
We don't have a choice bro...we need to be constant with the truth always because other veiwers are viewing the thread..Just keep at it, you never know who is blessed.

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bidam:

Like a true protestant hypocrite, you avoided the question:

Why did the sheep in Matt 25:31-46 go to heaven and the goats to hell?

smiley

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
dein77:

Yes. You won.

God wins, not me.

It was he that said "a man is justified by his works," not me.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
italo:

Like a true protestant hypocrite, you avoided the question:

Why did the sheep in Matt 25:31-46 go to heaven and the goats to hell?

smiley
i already did answer, maybe in a manner you do not like. The sheep are true believers while the goats are never saved to start with.cheesy

In addition you can answer why the thief on the cross was saved, was it as a result of his works?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / PHOTOS- Founder Of Celica Church Of Christ / Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.