Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" (15922 Views)

''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / 7 Importance Of Holiness / Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorOluT(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2014
It is of a great concern in the Christendom today, the great harm the so called "prosperity and name it and claim it" preachers are doing to the body of Christ, but it is also to be noted that the so called "holiness" preachers are doing equal harm. This set of men propound man made rules and doctrines which brings fear and bondage, because their adherents can never measure up.

We are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus, and not by works which is just a manifestation of our new kind of life. Our works is just like the fruits of a tree, the tree makes the fruit and not the other way round. So also our new life in Christ Jesus makes us do good works, but our good works can never make us have the life of Christ.

Christianity is spiritual and not sensual or a set of dos and don'ts as some makes it look, we received and live a new kind of life as we are being constantly led by the spirit, which is superior and unlike the first life.

So anything that now keeps us under the elemental forces of this world into the bondage of rules and doctrines of men is contrary to the new God kind of life we received.

(Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using) after the commandments and doctrines of men? Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Colossians 2:20-23

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by WinsomeX: 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
I endorse the message in the OP.

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 4:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
Thanks for this article. Many people have actually misapplied and misunderstood what holiness means. Holiness simply means being led by the Holy Spirit. It means allowing the Holy Spirit apply the Word of God to our lives.
Holiness goes beyond the innocent walk and talk.
OP, I had to leave my former place of worship when pastors there replaced God's Word with their own ordinances and patterns. It was so cumbersome I started living a mechanical Christian life, soaked with the stress of pleasing people. The man made bondage was unbearable. I was literally walking in the law.
After many years of internal struggle, I prayerfully left. Today I worship God in liberty. I thank God for that bold step.
As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Rom 8.14

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
God wants us to be holy and stay away from sin.

If you contradict that, you are no different from the prosperity preachers who want all the benefits they can get from God without making any sacrifice.

You're all heretics!

3 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorKun(m): 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2014
WinsomeX:
I endorse the message in the OP.

Seconded smiley

3 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorKun(m): 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2014
italo:

If you contradict that, you are no different from the prosperity preachers who want all the benefits they can get from God without making any sacrifice.

You're all heretics!

Can you define holiness? Also whilst you are at it can you also define idolatry?

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorOluT(m): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
dein77:
Thanks for this article. Many people have actually misapplied and misunderstood what holiness means. Holiness simply means being led by the Holy Spirit. It means allowing the Holy Spirit apply the Word of God to our lives.
Holiness goes beyond the innocent walk and talk.
OP, I had to leave my former place of worship pastors there replaced God's Word with their own ordinances and patterns. It was so cumbersome I started living a mechanical Christian life, soaked with the stress of pleasing people. The man made bondage was unbearable. I was literally walking in the law.
After many years of internal struggle, I prayerfully left. Today I worship God in liberty. I thank God for that bold step.
As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Rom 8.14

Thank God for a testimony like this, many need to be delivered from this bondage 'cos as it were many are moving from the bondage of the world into religious bondage which is no different and many at times worst.

5 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorOluT(m): 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
italo:

You're all heretics!

Sorry for u, reasons u guys can never enjoy Christianity.

And as u reply pastorkun, also state what u understand by being led by the Holy Spirit?

3 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
PastorKun:

Can you define holiness? Also whilst you are at it can you also define idolatry?
Holiness is can be defined as Gods/Godly character: love, hope, joy, goodness, righteosness...all of which exist in a spiritual relationship with God. Idolatry in the spiritual sense is the opposite. Rebellion against righteousness is idolatry. It functions through a vile spirit that works in defiance to God, manifesting through what we refer to as sin.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Goshen360(m): 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
I'm Goshen360 and I ENDORSE this message.

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Goshen360(m): 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
Holiness doesn't mean sinlessness. They're preaching holiness as sinlessness but they still ask for forgiveness of sin. In Christ, we're holy......meaning SEPARATED UNTIL GOD AND DEDICATED UNTO GOD.

6 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Candour(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
God bless you PastorOluT for this message.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by vickyO(f): 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2014
This is the Truth Christ said will set us free...

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2014
PastorOluT:

Sorry for u, reasons u guys can never enjoy Christianity.

And as u reply pastorkun, also state what u understand by being led by the Holy Spirit?

We enjoy the Christianity that Jesus preached: "carry your CROSS daily and follow me."

You enjoy the heresy that allowed Pastor COZA to tell Ese that committing adultery with her is showing her "another level of grace."

"Away from me, you workers of iniquity, I never knew you" is Jesus' answer for you.

6 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 8:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
PastorKun:

You define them...

While you're at it, also define "adultery," "invisible bomb" that demolishes 6 storey buildings, and "money laundering."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
Goshen360:
Holiness doesn't mean sinlessness. They're preaching holiness as sinlessness but they still ask for forgiveness of sin. In Christ, we're holy......meaning SEPARATED UNTIL GOD AND DEDICATED UNTO GOD.

Ah! Even if you use private jet to launder money to South Africa, it doesn't matter. You're holy and heaven-bound.

"Away from me, you workers og iniquity. I never knew you"

^^^That is the cry from the master.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
italo:

Ah! Even if you use private jet to launder money to South Africa, it doesn't matter. You're holy and heaven-bound.

Even unforgiving spirit can take person to hell.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorOluT(m): 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
italo:

We enjoy the Christianity that Jesus preached: "carry your CROSS daily and follow me."

You enjoy the heresy that allowed Pastor COZA to tell Ese that committing adultery with her is showing her "another level of grace."

"Away from me, you workers of iniquity, I never knew you" is Jesus' answer for you.

Smile, why not be sincere to urself. U know quite well no true Christian agree to or encourage adultery or fornication, so why bring that, or u think this is what the op is about? Then i am very sorry for ur level of comprehension, not surprise 'cos a carnal man can't understand the things of the spirit.

This is co simple for anyone to comprehend, we are nt saved by good works, bt rather we are saved which is why we do good works. When u see a spirit filled xtian u will always see the fruit, bt for the fact u see fruit of righteousness doesn't make one a true xtian. Or ow do u reconcile those of other religions bearing fruit of righteousness, would their righteousness make them saved.

U seriously need the Holy Spirit bro to be able to discern these things!

5 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorKun(m): 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
italo:

You define them...

While you're at it, also define "adultery," "invisible bomb" that demolishes 6 storey buildings, and "money laundering."

Just as I thought, you would run away from defining the issues I raised. That said I would not bother to answer your questions since I know they border on the recent Tb. Joshua and Orisejafor scandals both of whom I condemn their acts and lies in all0 entirety.

Unlike you, I call a spade a spade and condemn all false teachings irrespective of which denomination is promoting the teaching. Once again, I challenge you to define Idolatory.

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
PastorOluT:

Smile, why not be sincere to urself. U know quite well no true Christian agree to or encourage adultery or fornication, so why bring that, or u think this is what the op is about? Then i am very sorry for ur level of comprehension, not surprise 'cos a carnal man can't understand the things of the spirit.

This is co simple for anyone to comprehend, we are nt saved by good works, bt rather we are saved which is why we do good works. When u see a spirit filled xtian u will always see the fruit, bt for the fact u see fruit of righteousness doesn't make one a true xtian. Or ow do u reconcile those of other religions bearing fruit of righteousness, would their righteousness make them saved.

U seriously need the Holy Spirit bro to be able to discern these things!

So you believe that all those who don't believe in Christ are hell bound even if they are good to their neighbour, like the good samaritan...

And all those who believe in Jesus are heaven bound, even ignore the plight of their neighbour, like the goats in Matt 25:31-46?

Your doctrine is from SATAN!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
PastorOluT:

Thank God for a testimony like this, many need to be delivered from this bondage 'cos as it were many are moving from the bondage of the world into religious bondage which is no different and many at times worst.

Dear, it was literally a hell. I had to later buy new Bibles and download the real Word even as I permanently delete the religious garbage I was fed there.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
PastorKun:

Just as I thought, you would run away from defining the issues I raised. That said I would not bother to answer your questions since I know they border on the recent Tb. Joshua and Orisejafor scandals both of whom I condemn their acts and lies in all0 entirety.

Unlike you, I call a spade a spade and condemn all false teachings irrespective of which denomination is promoting the teaching. Once again, I challenge you to define Idolatory.

I see. You can't define "money laundering," "adultery," & "invisible bomb," yet you say I'm the one running away.

Hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorOluT(m): 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2014
dein77:

Dear, it was literally a hell. I had to later buy new Bibles and download the real Word even as I permanently delete the religious garbage I was fed there.

Thank God for ur life, there are many still in the bondage n are confused who don't really know what the problem is.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorOluT(m): 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
italo:

So you believe that all those who don't believe in Christ are hell bound even if they are good to their neighbour, like the good samaritan...

And all those who believe in Jesus are heaven bound, even ignore the plight of their neighbour, like the goats in Matt 25:31-46?

Are u for real, are u a real at all?

What does no one come to the father but by me mean to u?

U don't even understand the fundamentals of xtianity, u talk of doctrines, what is the doctrine of salvation according to the scriptures n not ur feelings or though?

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
italo:

No amount of good works can atone for the sins of man; only Christ could do that. He has already done that!

Why did God send Apostle Peter to bring the Gospel of Christ to Cornelius even after Cornelius prayers and almsgiving were approved of by God?
Jn 14.6.

4 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 11:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
Olodo pastor. See how St. Paul makes a fool of you. The passage below clearly shows that:

1. People who don't believe in Christ can go to heaven.

2. It is not you hearers that will go to heaven, but DOERS!

12 All who have sinned apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but the doers of the law who will be justified. 14 When Gentiles, who do not possess the law, do instinctively what the law requires, these, though not having the law, are a law to themselves. 15 They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, to which their own conscience also bears witness; and their conflicting thoughts will accuse or perhaps excuse them 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God, through Jesus Christ, will judge the secret thoughts of all.

Again, I ask.

You believe that people who dont know Jesus but do good will go to hell while those who believe in Jesus but do bad will go to heaven?

PastorOluT:

Are u for real, are u a real at all?

What does no one come to the father but by me mean to u?

U don't even understand the fundamentals of xtianity, u talk of doctrines, what is the doctrine of salvation according to the scriptures n not ur feelings or though?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 5:30am On Oct 12, 2014
I should be asking you.

Since Christ has atoned for their sins, why did Peter have to preach to them?
dein77:

No amount of good works can atone for the sins of man; only Christ could do that. He has already done that!

Why did God send Apostle Peter to bring the Gospel of Christ to Cornelius even after Cornelius prayers and almsgiving were approved of by God?
Jn 14.6.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by dein77(m): 5:46am On Oct 12, 2014
italo:
I should be asking you.

Since Christ has atoned for their sins, why did Peter have to preach to them?

Obviously, you either don't understand the mystery of redemption or you're simply being sarcastic.

The death and resurrection of Christ paved the way for our salvation, but faith in Him is required if we must enjoy this redemption. These are issues that are taught in the first few days after conversion.

Cornelius was accepted in the beloved due to the finished work of Christ on the cross. Peter had to show him the way of faith so he could appropriate his redemption blessings.

Have a great service today. It's being nice talking with you. Our ultimate purpose is to be prepared for His eventually return.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorKun(m): 9:57am On Oct 12, 2014
italo:

I see. You can't define "money laundering," "adultery," & "invisible bomb," yet you say I'm the one running away.

Hypocrisy!

What has these questions got to do with the question asked you As I said earlier if you are referring to the recent scandals of Orisejafor, oyakhilome and Tb joshua, I condemn their acts in all it's entirety and I have no regard for these charlatans so stop asking me to define their deceitful acts.

Now can you kindly define Idolatory and stop evading the question.

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by alentyno: 10:56am On Oct 12, 2014
PastorKun:

What has these questions got to do with the question asked you As I said earlier if you are referring to the recent scandals of Orisejafor, oyakhilome and Tb joshua, I condemn their acts in all it's entirety and I have no regard for these charlatans so stop asking me to define their deceitful acts.

Now can you kindly define Idolatory and stop evading the question.
Better forget it. Evading questions is his trademark.

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Goshen360(m): 10:57am On Oct 12, 2014
italo:

We do NOT take sides with sin neither do we support sinful acts but you know sin comes in different forms.....in thought, acts and words. So the fact that a man doesn't committ sin in act doesn't mean he don't committ it in thought or words.

These holiness preachers see sin virtually in everything a christian does. They teach and carry sin consciousness everywhere rather than teaching and carrying Christ righteousness everywhere.

What we're asking YOU to do is show us where HOLINESS means\or equal to SINLESSNESS.....if you are part of the "holiness" movement.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by PastorOluT(m): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2014
italo:
Olodo pastor. See how St. Paul makes a fool of you. The passage below clearly shows that:

1. People who don't believe in Christ can go to heaven.

2. It is not you hearers that will go to heaven, but DOERS!

12 All who have sinned apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but the doers of the law who will be justified. 14 When Gentiles, who do not possess the law, do instinctively what the law requires, these, though not having the law, are a law to themselves. 15 They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, to which their own conscience also bears witness; and their conflicting thoughts will accuse or perhaps excuse them 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God, through Jesus Christ, will judge the secret thoughts of all.

Again, I ask.

You believe that people who dont know Jesus but do good will go to hell while those who believe in Jesus but do bad will go to heaven?

Smile, now I know u are dumb for sure for surely I use to give u reasonable doubt before.

U quote a scripture out of context n the only one u see to back up ur lame claim. In what context was Paul saying that, u use a verse out of context to negate all Jesus said? I pity u sincerely.

What does John 3:16- 17; 17:1 n a whole lot mean to u?

I will be back to quote all those scriptures not for u 'cos u case is done bt for others on this thread.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / PHOTOS- Founder Of Celica Church Of Christ / Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.